New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I got the very first (DCF) and most recent book (SSDT) signed. I am completely content.

2. - Top - End - #3872
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Little worried. My main account went through just fine, but I haven't heard anything from my alts. Anyone get a confirmation charge email from amazon regarding their alternate accounts?

3. - Top - End - #3873
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Told ya not to worry.
    I didn't worry. I was confident Visa did not lie to me.

Ah well I almost can't wait to unwrap the very late (or very early) birthday present.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #3874
    Firbolg in the Playground

Got a crayon drawing, got a crayon draaaaawing !

... with about minus two minutes to go. Amazon Payments was that slow. I think Kickstarter probably accepted my pledge increase as being ahead of deadline, without waiting for Amazon to confirm it was real. Thanks, Kickstarter

Also, a hunch: I think the final chart is telling us something big about the end of the OOTS storyline. Dun dun duuuuun...

5. - Top - End - #3875
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Forbiddenwar: I got a message from Amazon saying my alt payment failed.

I'm really hoping this will be fixed easily, though. Does the Giant have my e-mail address and pledge details if the payment fails?

6. - Top - End - #3876
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep, I'll post here basically what I posted there:

Both my main and alt KS accounts went through just fine, and they both point to the same Amazon account. The confirmation e-mails I got were about 40 minutes apart! So things are indeed going very slowly on their end, but it's not time for panic quite yet!

7. - Top - End - #3877
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Little worried. My main account went through just fine, but I haven't heard anything from my alts. Anyone get a confirmation charge email from amazon regarding their alternate accounts?
    I'm more worried because I overslept and couldn't make any final moment adjustment. I think I'm all set though. Should be at least

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

8. - Top - End - #3878
    Bugbear in the Playground

That has been an amazing ride. Five quarters plus of a million dollars, how about that?

Any chance the update charts can be added to the digital PDF?
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

9. - Top - End - #3879
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wohoo! Got my confirmation in from Amazon. Eagerly awaiting more of Rich's excellent comic to come to my door.

10. - Top - End - #3880
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

I hope one of the updates tells us exactly how many books Rich had to print to give us all of our stuff and still have some left for the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

11. - Top - End - #3881
    Pixie in the Playground

You'd think that after what I've just been through, I'd have learned how to multi task. But having two places to talk to you all in....
    ... can't ...
    ...figure out....

... what to? Who? Which?
    Wh a a a a a a aaa
    I participated... and I broke it!

12. - Top - End - #3882
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Content with my reward, although I would have gladly shelled out the money for a signed version of it. Would have loved to have a deep enough wallet for that $4000 reward, but I was already breaking the bank for this haul.
    The weak only strive to be weaker....

13. - Top - End - #3883
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    @Forbiddenwar: I got a message from Amazon saying my alt payment failed.

I'm really hoping this will be fixed easily, though. Does the Giant have my e-mail address and pledge details if the payment fails?
    He said over on the Kickstarter page that:

If any of you made more than one account with the same Amazon account (rather than separate KS each with their own Amazon account), you may have problems with payment. I'm getting scattered reports, and I'll try to find out what the solution is.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

14. - Top - End - #3884
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Confirmed, there were at least 4 seperate "final" totals
    $1,253,509 (that appeared as soon as the time was up, and Rich used for the first chart)
    $1,253,757 (that I captured but can't post without a host site)
    $1,253,841 (that Crisis21 posted)
    $1,254,120 (current total that has stayed steady for over an hour now)

Hip, Hip, Hurrahh for OotS for breaking KickStarter.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

15. - Top - End - #3885
    Ogre in the Playground

And there, my bank confirmed it too.

Well, now just to wait for the e-mail regarding what I pledged for and the even longer wait for the pledge-awards.

Good luck Rich, my money is in your hands now.

16. - Top - End - #3886
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I hope one of the updates tells us exactly how many books Rich had to print to give us all of our stuff and still have some left for the stores.
    It is not exactly that, but let's go with what is on the final chart:

Second most funds pledged to a completed Kickstarter drive ever.
    The third Kickstarter project in history to reach one million dollars in pledges.
    The most funded creative work in Kickstarter history in any medium, ever.
    The most funded project by a single person (rather than a company), ever.
    2127% funded from my initial goal of $57,750.
    35 goals reached
    28 updates made (including this one)
    63 increasingly-byzantine reward packages
    14,952 backers
    Over 25,000 books sold
    Over 16,000 comments made
    Uncounted broken F5 keys
    And I think we kinda broke a Kickstarter server at the end there

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

17. - Top - End - #3887
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm hoping the payment might be my card's fault.

I'm going to wait for the current charge to clear and then I'll try again.

18. - Top - End - #3888
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like they're doing it in order of Backer Number, maybe?
    I sure hope so. Neither my main account nor my two alts have been confirmed yet. I don't have any nails left to bite on

19. - Top - End - #3889
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

It's gonna be way more when you consider the optional add-on books ("add X for Y books"), special orders and coloring books, and that's before we get to the actual retail run. I just want to see how much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

20. - Top - End - #3890
    Pixie in the Playground

Got my payment through. Managed to get my own stick figure of myself thanks to the last minute fire sale. Now to buy a new keyboard :)

Have to say that this pledge drive brought out the inner fanboy in me.
    I mean I liked the series enough to have bought the books, but I never thought I would end up signing up for new credit cards, cursing when missing the goodies by a second or two, and the final cycle of refreshing and counting the last minutes.

If Rich had actually expected this, and planned it the way he plans his stories, we'd definitely have got to No1.

Congratulations Rich (Well named) on the one and a quarter million. Now I think you better make a few calls to other artists; I forsee another bout of Sprained Wrist Theatre after all that signing :D

21. - Top - End - #3891
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

wink Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

<sidles into view>

Well, I did threaten to move over here...

I can't believe that's the final update (apart from Rich fixing the graph up a bit). I can't believe my poor, poor F5 key is going to ever forgive me.

<sidles out of view>
    Last edited by Euodiachloris; 2012-02-21 at 01:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #3892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    <sidles into view>

Well, I did threaten to move over here...

I can't believe that's final update (apart from Rich fixing the graph up a bit). I can't believe my poor, poor F5 key is going to ever forgive me.

<sidles out of view>
    Someone else using the patch as an avatar, Woo!

You need to resize it though. 120x120
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

23. - Top - End - #3893
    Dwarf in the Playground

If any of you made more than one account with the same Amazon account (rather than separate KS each with their own Amazon account), you may have problems with payment. I'm getting scattered reports, and I'll try to find out what the solution is.
    Oh no. Please not. Please work!

24. - Top - End - #3894
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Washington Post has an interview with Rich over all of this.

=====

@ All

From multiple reposts over on the Project Home Page, it looks like they ARE doing this in Backer #.

Also, if your card is rejected, there should be a "FIX YOUR PLEDGE" button on the home page of the project.

You should have seven days to fiddle with it and correct any problems.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 01:24 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #3895
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm really happy with the the prize I got in the print only special, however if I had the money I'd either had gone for the full story, or the party portrait.

26. - Top - End - #3896
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Give a girl a break, Kobold. I'll fix that up... laaaaaater. When I can see straight.

I'm still recovering from x nights spent far too late chasing red and purple lines.

<grumbles> Will also need to sort some other stuff out... but first: FOOD!

27. - Top - End - #3897
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    Oh no. Please not. Please work!
    DITTO! I was not willing to give up my personlized drawing just to get the game expansion so I created a seperate KS account but only have the one credit card so had to use the same Amazon account. It accepted it so I wasn't worried. NOW I am.

edit: At least I have not recieved any notice from Amazon that there is a problem yet. Has anyone whose FIRST pledge was within the last couple of days that has been notified of the payment yet? My second pledge was over #11,000.
    Last edited by Skavensrule; 2012-02-21 at 01:37 PM.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

28. - Top - End - #3898
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    Give a girl a break, Kobold. I'll fix that up... laaaaaater. When I can see straight.

I'm still recovering from x nights spent far too late chasing red and purple lines.

<grumbles> Will also need to sort some other stuff out... but first: FOOD!
    Welcome aborad, Euo. Mind the steps and pay no attention to the creaky sounds that the train engine forum server makes from time to time.

I've heard that Top Men* are going to be working on it soon.

* Indy: Who?
    Me: TOP Men.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

29. - Top - End - #3899
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    DITTO! I was not willing to give up my personlized drawing just to get the game expansion so I created a seperate KS account but only have the one credit card so had to use the same Amazon account. It accepted it so I wasn't worried. NOW I am.
    Okay, the first one went through. At least something. That's the most important one (Patience for a Signed Print), but I added the patches to the other two. >_>
    Argh, the waiting for the confirmation mails is killing me even more than did the final seconds and the excitement over whether we'd reach the last Mystery Prize or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    I've lurked on here for a long time, posting very infrequently - in fact I've doubled my postcount simply by asking questions in this thread.

And I just want to say, Giant

Thank You.

Thank you for every time I've come home to find a new comic to cheer me up. Thank you for all those enjoyable hours I've spent reading the archives instead of doing work. Thank you for every silly moment, every fantastic joke, every bit of clever wordplay, every pun that made me cringe.

Thank you for every bit of deadpan snark from Roy, every bit of unadulterated greed from Haley, every bit of boundless optimism from Elan, every bit of magical arrogance from Vaarsuvius, every bit of dour Dwarfishness from Durkon, every bit of amusing psychopathy from Belkar and every bit of incredible, mad, hilarious evil from Xykon.

And thank you for those rare moments when the group gets over their collective squabbles, or a character gets over their personal issues, and they prove that, despite the character flaws, the difficulties with alignment and their utter unsuitability for the job, the Order is a group of true heroes. Thank you for those awesome moments.

Thank you for every minute of time you have put into this labour of love of yours. Many times I have asked myself how one manages to do what you do, and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer. I simply can't understand how you do it - but I don't mind, because I know you will still do it, and in a few days I'll have another strip to read, and laugh at, and be amazed by.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archwizard View Post
    Amen brother.
    Co-signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Hear, hear.

I have to put my name under this as well. Have an e-hug, Giant.
    Last edited by honigmuffin; 2012-02-21 at 01:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #3900
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

My Second Payment went through!