New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 131 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3181106121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #3901
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Wow. That was an awesome adventure. Now, to get back to real life... That'll be hard...

2. - Top - End - #3902
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Vaarsavius is in the queue.

The queue of people Belkar killed.

Ominous foreshadowing there. Very ominous.
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

3. - Top - End - #3903
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iferus View Post
    Wow. That was an awesome adventure. Now, to get back to real life... That'll be hard...
    What is this real life that you speak of?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

4. - Top - End - #3904
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well, my pledge went through! WOOHOO!

I cannot wait for the patches, the stickers, the coloring books, the .pdfs, the print, the game expansions, the hit point pads, the copy of every OotS book in print AND the board game!!!!

I now will own 2 of everything OotS!

(One to play and read, see, and the other to keep in mint condition by never, ever, EVER opening or using any of it.)

5. - Top - End - #3905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post

I was thinking the same thing! I wondered why no one else remarked on it...

...though it could just be that V couldn't resist another chance to kick him. She'd bought several kicks already before.

6. - Top - End - #3906

Quote Originally Posted by B. Dandelion View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! I wondered why no one else remarked on it...

...though it could just be that V couldn't resist another chance to kick him. She'd bought several kicks already before.
    She's claiming the freebie Haley offered.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

7. - Top - End - #3907

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    She's claiming the freebie Haley offered.
    Good point.

However... remember back when the Oracle was trying to weasel out of Belkar killing him, and started coming up with increasingly tenuous connections Belkar had had to the deaths of Roy, Miko, Miko's horse, and he then started up with "as for the elf--" and got cut off?

Taken in conjunction...
    Last edited by B. Dandelion; 2012-02-21 at 01:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #3908
    Troll in the Playground

Woot! my alt swag pack pledge has gone through. Because 7 sheets of stickers weren't enough!
    Now just waiting on my Game Deluxe++ pledge

9. - Top - End - #3909
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm curious- I signed up for the "I'm participating!" $16 package- but the "I'm participating" patch doesn't seem to be mentioned when I check Kickstarter.

Have they changed it?
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

10. - Top - End - #3910

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    I've lurked on here for a long time, posting very infrequently - in fact I've doubled my postcount simply by asking questions in this thread.

And I just want to say, Giant

Thank You.

Thank you for every time I've come home to find a new comic to cheer me up. Thank you for all those enjoyable hours I've spent reading the archives instead of doing work. Thank you for every silly moment, every fantastic joke, every bit of clever wordplay, every pun that made me cringe.

Thank you for every bit of deadpan snark from Roy, every bit of unadulterated greed from Haley, every bit of boundless optimism from Elan, every bit of magical arrogance from Vaarsuvius, every bit of dour Dwarfishness from Durkon, every bit of amusing psychopathy from Belkar and every bit of incredible, mad, hilarious evil from Xykon.

And thank you for those rare moments when the group gets over their collective squabbles, or a character gets over their personal issues, and they prove that, despite the character flaws, the difficulties with alignment and their utter unsuitability for the job, the Order is a group of true heroes. Thank you for those awesome moments.

Thank you for every minute of time you have put into this labour of love of yours. Many times I have asked myself how one manages to do what you do, and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer. I simply can't understand how you do it - but I don't mind, because I know you will still do it, and in a few days I'll have another strip to read, and laugh at, and be amazed by.

Thank you.
    Hell yeah. One of the many without the eloquence to write this myself who just wanted to say, this is pretty much what I would say if I could.

11. - Top - End - #3911

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I'm curious- I signed up for the "I'm participating!" $16 package- but the "I'm participating" patch doesn't seem to be mentioned when I check Kickstarter.

Have they changed it?
    The patch package was $15. The Sticky Shticks was $16.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

12. - Top - End - #3912
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post

Would be very sneaky of Rich to do that, but unlikely. Bit of a call out to him going back for seconds (thirds)

13. - Top - End - #3913
    Ogre in the Playground

My Patience Crayon Drawing went through.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

14. - Top - End - #3914

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    edit: At least I have not recieved any notice from Amazon that there is a problem yet. Has anyone whose FIRST pledge was within the last couple of days that has been notified of the payment yet? My second pledge was over #11,000.
    I only put in my pledge within the last few days... Saturday or Sunday, I think... and I haven't gotten any confirmation e-mails yet. I haven't gotten one saying I was rejected, either, and I know my credit card was doing okay so they're probably just up to their necks in work right now.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

15. - Top - End - #3915
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Does this mean Wikipedia can no longer delete the Order of the Stick (webcomic) page for "not being notable enough"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardia View Post
    Well, if you spent the main part of your career seeing ungodly monstrosities, violations of the laws of physics, occasionally coming back from the dead, being attacked by creatures natural and unnatural, chased by things a hundred times your size, etc, etc...I'd see the need for some stress release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilargh View Post
    "Laughter", while a necessary part of the word "manslaughter", is considered poor taste when committing the act itself.

16. - Top - End - #3916

My print only special went through. Now I just have to wait for the survey.

You know what was a missed opportunity for publicity? There was an article in the business section of the New York Times on Kickstarter. Two or three days after this project went up, too early for anybody in the media to really take notice.

17. - Top - End - #3917
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I SERIOUSLY can NOT believe that some people (thankfully only a couple so far) are griping that Rich is giving us the last Mystery Prize anyway.

I, mean, really now.

I've already said my peace over on the comment thread on this about why Rich letting us get it despite coming up "" short is reflects very highly on him, so I won't repeat it here (unless I have to ).

I'm just gonna vent and shake my head at the priorities of some people in the corner over here.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #3918
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, since all the cool kids are doing it, I guess I'll change my avatar too.

19. - Top - End - #3919

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    The patch package was $15. The Sticky Shticks was $16.
    Whoops. I thought the patch was free for $15 and over- I didn't realize that the $16 package didn't come with it.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

20. - Top - End - #3920
    Ogre in the Playground

I am nothing short of amazed by this whole kickstarter thing. I knew OOTS had lots and lots of fans, but I had no idea there were this many people willing to pay this much... amazing.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #3921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    An excellent decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    I am nothing short of amazed by this whole kickstarter thing. I knew OOTS had lots and lots of fans, but I had no idea there were this many people willing to pay this much... amazing.
    The fact that we came within 6k of the 1,260,000, the goal we'd supposedly miss by a mile is what shocks me. Another hour and I don't doubt we would have reached it.

The surplus income/willingness to part with non-surplus income of the Playground is astounding.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-21 at 02:25 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

22. - Top - End - #3922
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    I'm wearing my patch.

. . . Arrrr . . .
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

23. - Top - End - #3923
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    The fact that we came within 6k of the 1,260,000, the goal we'd supposedly miss by a mile is what shocks me. Another hour 5 minutes and I don't doubt we would have reached it.
    FTFY

Seriously, if we didn't crash kickstater for the last 3 minutes, we probably have made it.

24. - Top - End - #3924
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, that last month has certainly been a blast. Never knew that spending money could be so exciting

Speaking of which, I NEVER would have thought that we'd get anywhere near a million dollars (and have, in fact, quietly laughed at people who entertained such notions) and yet we surpassedit by more than 250k... wow. Just wow.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

25. - Top - End - #3925
    Pixie in the Playground

Goonight fellow KickStoppers!

What an amazing experience! I hope you all got what you wanted most, and had a fantastic time getting it. Thanks for making me feel welcome, especially the F5 Crew. And the biggest thanks go to Rich, of course! THANKYOU!

I'll be around now and then, but I'm not very good at this whole social interaction thing. Now that Rich isn't cracking the whip any more , you probably won't be seeing so much of me.

At the very least, of course, I'll bring my crayon drawing in to Show and Tell.

Now... I'm off to wake people up and tell them the story of How We Broke Kickstarter.
    I participated... and I broke it!

26. - Top - End - #3926

Whoops. I thought the patch was free for $15 and over- I didn't realize that the $16 package didn't come with it.
    I nearly made the same mistake. Not having much cash at the moment, I had to choose.

(I chose the patch)

----

About the whole re-jigging the Mystery Prize #9: the rate that money was rolling in at the end, that line would have been crossed in another half an hour (or less, probably). I know it doesn't equate exactly but I'm firmly of the belief that if the drive had been extended another day it would certainly have been attained (but I don't think you can extend pledge periods)

I mean, the logical alternative would have been to stage a "finishing off" drive based on the massive popularity at close. Donations hadn't slowed down. $6k would have gone by first thing the morning it was posted up, and we'd be back to rescaling graphs in no time.

But why would Rich do that? He's got what he wanted; he's got more than what he wanted. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that he has more than he knows exactly what to do with right now, and is hanging on to it in case something comes up. He's invented rewards many times over because we just kept pushing. By the end, the pledge drive was more for us than for him. I know that I felt I was getting more out of it than I expect Rich was with another $1000 he doesn't know how to invest in OotS yet.

So he's made a very nice gesture, and given yet more to us. He didn't have to, but we didn't (as fans) have to go the extra mile either and get to over 2000% of what he required. And if you're worrying about those who gave only because they were worried that we wouldn't reach the prize total, riddle me this: they gave so that they would get to see the prize. They got the prize. Who exactly has lost?

What's wrong with us all being winners?
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

27. - Top - End - #3927

I nearly made the same mistake. Not having much cash at the moment, I had to choose.

(I chose the patch)

----

About the whole re-jigging the Mystery Prize #9: the rate that money was rolling in at the end, that line would have been crossed in another half an hour (or less, probably). I know it doesn't equate exactly but I'm firmly of the belief that if the drive had been extended another day it would certainly have been attained (but I don't think you can extend pledge periods)

I mean, the logical alternative would have been to stage a "finishing off" drive based on the massive popularity at close. Donations hadn't slowed down. $6k would have gone by first thing the morning it was posted up, and we'd be back to rescaling graphs in no time.

But why would Rich do that? He's got what he wanted; he's got more than what he wanted. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that he has more than he knows exactly what to do with right now, and is hanging on to it in case something comes up. He's invented rewards many times over because we just kept pushing. By the end, the pledge drive was more for us than for him. I know that I felt I was getting more out of it than I expect Rich was with another $1000 he doesn't know how to invest in OotS yet.

So he's made a very nice gesture, and given yet more to us. He didn't have to, but we didn't (as fans) have to go the extra mile either and get to over 2000% of what he required. And if you're worrying about those who gave only because they were worried that we wouldn't reach the prize total, riddle me this: they gave so that they would get to see the prize. They got the prize. Who exactly has lost?

It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

28. - Top - End - #3928
    Troll in the Playground

The fact that we came within 6k of the 1,260,000, the goal we'd supposedly miss by a mile is what shocks me. Another hour 5 minutes and I don't doubt we would have reached it.
    FTFY

Seriously, if we didn't crash kickstater for the last 3 minutes, we probably have made it.

29. - Top - End - #3929

(I chose the patch)

----

30. - Top - End - #3930
    Troll in the Playground

FTFY