New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484109124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #3991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    FANTASTIC article from Publishers Weekly about the completion of the drive.

Quite possibly the best one I've read so far about it.
    At the end of the campaign, Burlew received pledges from 14,952 people. That’s a larger circulation than many DC or Marvel comics. He’s sold over 25,000 books reprinting his webcomic as part of the pledge packages. He plans to print at least 14,000 more books to replenish his inventory, the original goal of the project. That’s not counting the stickers, patches or coloring books thrown in as the overall total grew.
    Achievement Unlocked: Mainstream is so last decade.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

2. - Top - End - #3992
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

But it weren't that many people. There were/are quiet a few multi-accounts. From two to seven I think ^^
    We are nonetheless a lot of people and it's a LOT of money.

3. - Top - End - #3993
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Woot, friend came through. Stupid pre-paid credit card was charging me 2.5% service charge to my pledge because I'm in Canada and kickstarters is in the US. So even though our dollar is higher today it still put my pledge $0.77 over the limit of the card.

She lent me her credit card and I gave her the pre-paid one. I was so excited I didn't even notice agreeing to babysit her sick son in his terrible twos for the whole day...But hey Getting my OOtS swag so it's all good.
    Last edited by Balain; 2012-02-21 at 08:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #3994
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry I'm so late to the party guys! I had Forklift training to go through, otherwise I'd have probably camped out all day and finally broke and used my credit card for a Stick it to ME pledge (I DIDN'T BREAK MOONCAT, YOU HEAR ME?! ) That said, the final response has blown me away, the drive has blown me away, heck you guys in the forum blow me away (WamapX, Porthos, Mooncat, and so many others). I'm so proud to have participated in this Drive, from when I was merely lurking and reading the updates on Day 1, to when I finally convinced myself to pledge and become a full time backer. I feel like I got to participate in the Super Bowl, an Orchestra, and a New Years Eve party all in one. Such an amazing, warm, fuzzy feeling...

Ah, heck, I love you guys. Every last one of you, yeah even the Kobold Bard strumming the lute in the corner! God bless all of you beautiful, wonderful, amazingly crazy people (you too, Rich!) I pray that I get to see and interact with all of you in the future, because I don't think I can ignore this community now that I've become a part of it.

*looks at post* ...and I thought I convinced myself to refrain from the sappy speeches, but noooooooo. I blame you guys!

5. - Top - End - #3995

The next one should be to fund his a book on his world/campaign setting, so you can run your own adventures in the OOTS world. Hell, if he had used that as a premium for this drive, he could have hit $1.5 million.

Maps of the continents. Stats on the characters. The whole nine yards.

6. - Top - End - #3996
    Firbolg in the Playground

Break?

My email still hasn't arrived. I'm getting a wee bit worried.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #3997
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Break?

Don't worry Moon, it'll come eventually. There are a few thousand to send, after all. *fansquee* 15k is alot. TOO MANY I SAY!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-02-21 at 08:58 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

8. - Top - End - #3998
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Go into Kickstarter and check your backer history - it should have updated to Collected.

Then you can check your spam folder just in case the Amazon receipt went into there.

9. - Top - End - #3999
    Troll in the Playground

Sooo, I wait for the confirmation email to let him know i'm paying for a patch and schtick and not overseas shipping, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

10. - Top - End - #4000
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Sooo, I wait for the confirmation email to let him know i'm paying for a patch and schtick and not overseas shipping, right?
    The email survey, yes. I believe Rich said he isn't sending it out for at least a couple of days. Maybe longer.

We'll probably get the exact details in one of the forthcoming Updates.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

11. - Top - End - #4001

I... I feel a little lost now that the drive is over. It was such a blast to come together to support Rich. To participate in the ever increasing excitement, daily graph smashing and accelerating rewards.

I'm going to miss the F5 camping gang... (I would insert a frowny face at this point, but Porthos might start swinging his anti-frowny face ban hammer again! )
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

12. - Top - End - #4002
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBB View Post
    I'm going to miss the F5 camping gang... (I would insert a frowny face at this point, but Porthos might start swinging his anti-frowny face ban hammer again! )
    I think being a tad bittersweet is appropiate right now.

Besides, I don't have one of those hammers over here.

(Turn out, I didn't have it on the comment thread either. )

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #4003
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I think being a tad bittersweet is appropiate right now.

I thought that it was the ban shovel?
    Ban . . . dig dig dig
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-02-21 at 09:25 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

14. - Top - End - #4004

Hmmm. It was all going so fast, but didn't I see you giggling in the corner at one point? Or was that some OTHER Porthos?
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #4005
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Don't worry Moon, it'll come eventually. There are a few thousand to send, after all. *fansquee* 15k is alot. TOO MANY I SAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakameleon View Post
    Go into Kickstarter and check your backer history - it should have updated to Collected.

Then you can check your spam folder just in case the Amazon receipt went into there.
    Woo, it says it's been collected! But I know that all the kickstarter emails don't get dumped into spam, so I definitely haven't gotten it yet. Weird. Just a matter of time I guess.

I... I feel a little lost now that the drive is over. It was such a blast to come together to support Rich. To participate in the ever increasing excitement, daily graph smashing and accelerating rewards.

I like it. I've suddenly become SO much more productive in school.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #4006
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmmm. It was all going so fast, but didn't I see you giggling in the corner at one point? Or was that some OTHER Porthos?
    Oh, yes. I was giggling while I was imagining that I was punishing people with BAN HAMMER LEVEL POWERS! A sort of "I'm crushing your head, I'm crushing your head"* type deal.

Actually, truth be told, I have those elsewhere on the Net. Sadly, that's where the whole Great Powers Yada Yada bit comes in. It isn't nearly has fun to have Ban Hammer powers if you have to be responsible with their usage.

So, I settled for some imaginary fun instead.

*pauses*

I think I need help.

* Gotta love the references to the classics,

17. - Top - End - #4007
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The line you're looking for is "Power corrupts. Absolute power IS FREAKING SWEET!"

18. - Top - End - #4008
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The line you're looking for is "Power corrupts. Absolute power IS FREAKING SWEET!"
    "Lulling people into a false sense of security" is one of my hallmarks, remember?

Though, truth be told, breaking out the banhammer to deliver some Righteous Justice can be a pretty sweet feeling.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 09:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #4009
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

StompStarter

20. - Top - End - #4010
    Troll in the Playground

Well, before I forget *hugs everyone* THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING RICH!

*HUUUUUUUUUUGS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #4011
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm actually sad that the drive is over. I mean, the whole point was to raise money to get all those books and goodies, but I miss the excitement.

22. - Top - End - #4012
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

This has been so amazing. Got Swag pack 2 and added on the poster. OOts fans are the best!
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

23. - Top - End - #4013
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

If anything else, I think this drive has fully justified all the headaches and costs toward maintaining the OOTS Forum which has served as the focal point for this community.

24. - Top - End - #4014
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Soooo, since Rich said that he was going to do his updates in Kickstarter, I'm thinking that the site might not die for a while yet...but I bet it will sure slow down. I never did get to read all the comments if I was away from the computer for more than five minutes...but passing the time there was fun and I learned a lot during some of the F5 camping. Thanks everyone for a great few weeks and for one last time:
    Limited rewards left at end of drive:
    $300 - 31
    $245 - 13
    $114 - 212
    $107 - 2
    $92 - 1
    $70 - 20
    $68 - 62
    $57 - 1
    $49 - 1
    $36 - 105
    $14 - 2

g'nite all!!

25. - Top - End - #4015

Me last night: "Wow, $1,260,000 is a pretty lofty goal! Kind of unfair to make the last goal one we won't even get close to reaching. I need that feeling of completeness, you know?"

Proof that, throughout this whole thing, despite repeatedly thinking "We'll never reach $X", I never stopped underestimating the Playground. I'm sorry, Playground. I shouldn't have doubted you.

It feels weird to look at the Kickstarter page and not be constantly refreshing it. The static number is kinda sad. I really enjoyed clicking the refresh button repeatedly . . . and that in itself might be a little sad. Oh well, it was fun.

Also, I'm going to start putting extra money in my savings account from now on. If I could have possibly afforded it, I would've tried to get a whole signed set or something. So I need a fund for 'crazy expensive stuff I don't actually need but desperately desperately want' - I'm not going to let these chances pass me by again, whether they be for OotS or not!

Words cannot describe how much I wish I could've gotten the $4,000 package. One day . . .

26. - Top - End - #4016
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So... who's up for compiling all the achievements we unlocked throughout this thing?

27. - Top - End - #4017

Give me a minute....
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #4018
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Voshkod View Post
    The next one should be to fund his a book on his world/campaign setting, so you can run your own adventures in the OOTS world. Hell, if he had used that as a premium for this drive, he could have hit $1.5 million.

Maps of the continents. Stats on the characters. The whole nine yards.
    Actually mentioned in the podcast interview. He started one, but shelved it when 4th edition was announced. No way it could be done in time for this pledge and besides he likely won't release anything like that until the storyline is finished due to spoilers.

So look for it in 9th Edition D&D

29. - Top - End - #4019
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Actually mentioned in the podcast interview. He started one, but shelved it when 4th edition was announced. No way it could be done in time for this pledge and besides he likely won't release anything like that until the storyline is finished due to spoilers.

So look for it in 9th Edition D&D
    Wait, seriously? This was actually an idea at one point? One that we still might wind up seeing when it's all over?

30. - Top - End - #4020
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo, it says it's been collected! But I know that all the kickstarter emails don't get dumped into spam, so I definitely haven't gotten it yet. Weird. Just a matter of time I guess.

I like it. I've suddenly become SO much more productive in school.
    If your email for Amazon and your email for Kickstarter don't match, it goes to the one you have Amazon under. Have you checked that?

Just a thought to help cover your bases.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.