New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

New update on rewards.

Including a MYSTERY PRIZE!!!

Ooh, isn't it exciting.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I assume the "print only special" includes all the non print pdf goodies, right?

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    I assume the "print only special" includes all the non print pdf goodies, right?
    "Print only" means the books, since they're in print form only, unlike the others that are compilations of the online strips.

ALL pledges over $10 get a Roy magnet, the O'Chul PDF & the three $1,250 stories as PDFs.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-24 at 04:28 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I just snatched the last autographed On the Origin of PCs and War and XPs combo.

Hold on while I do a silly dance.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quick question, mostly because I'm paranoid.

I managed to hop on the autographed WaXP and Origin books, and by the time I finished, it said on the main page it was sold out. It does say I selected it however.

I've only used kickstarter once before, so I'm not sure how it works. Does it mean I'm definitely 100% in it if it says I selected it, or would it have put up an error saying "sorry, someone beat you to it"?

Like I said, I'm mostly being paranoid, but I'd rather be sure.

6. - Top - End - #396

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    I think I just snatched the last autographed On the Origin of PCs and War and XPs combo.

I got in on that one too. I think I was number 10 or 11

Grats!
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-24 at 04:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Great googly-moogly, that War and XPs/Origin of PCs combo reward went from 2 backers to sold out in the time I had to try to snag it!

Edit: Well, at least now I know to check for new rewards before reading the email updates The Giant's sending out.
    Got the W&XPs/SS&DT autographed combo instead. I just bought Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails last month under the "buy the books we still have so we can get more money for a reprint!" line of thought. THAT'S kinda biting me in the butt now....
    Last edited by Peelee; 2012-01-24 at 04:41 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    "Print only" means the books, since they're in print form only, unlike the others that are compilations of the online strips.

ALL pledges over $10 get a Roy magnet, the O'Chul PDF & the three $1,250 stories as PDFs.
    That's what I think as well, I just figured the question should be asked.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    I got in on that one too. I think I was number 10 or 11

Grats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Great googly-moogly, that War and XPs/Origin of PCs combo reward went from 2 backers to sold out in the time I had to try to snag it!
    I wondered why the forum went so quiet for a moment there. Everyone was busy trampling one another to change their pledges

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    I managed to hop on the autographed WaXP and Origin books, and by the time I finished, it said on the main page it was sold out. It does say I selected it however.

I've only used kickstarter once before, so I'm not sure how it works. Does it mean I'm definitely 100% in it if it says I selected it, or would it have put up an error saying "sorry, someone beat you to it"?

While I can't say for certain since this is my first time using it, it seems sensible to assume that it'd have an automated system for making sure that no more than the maximum number of people could access any single pledge. I'd say you're safe.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Just another stat note . . .
    The rate has remained stable at around a $1,500 increase for each of the past 3 hours.

Once the SSaDTs finish up, I would wager that without new preciouses we'll see the rates sharply decrease, stabilize for a bit, and then begin a steady decrease until saturation is reached.
    its really hard to predict...you might see a slowing down of the pledge rates BUT if we hit the magical 140k you could see a huge spike again as people raise their initial pledges to secure themselves a copy of "no cure for the paladin blues"... I'm sure Rich will be happy to have the "problem" of deciding whats next if that book gets fully funded before time runs out.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

I only have SoD and Snips.

Hopefully I'll be able to build up my entire OotS collection through this, eh?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

So today I go to the bank to get a visa gift card because I don't have a credit for online purchases. Little did I realize that by the time I got back that the rewards had been changed. Now I have a $45 but wish I had the money for the $67 dollar reward.

I guess I'll just buy the print only books another day...

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question, mostly because I'm paranoid.

Yes you have this prize, unless you change your selected pledge, no one can take it from you, except maybe Rich, but he wouldn't do that.

In another news, this is ridicously high, we passed the 100.000$ mark!!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

100K has been reached!

*blows kazoo*

15. - Top - End - #405
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Amazing.

Now we have reached 100.000

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by bluewurm View Post
    its really hard to predict...you might see a slowing down of the pledge rates BUT if we hit the magical 140k you could see a huge spike again as people raise their initial pledges to secure themselves a copy of "no cure for the paladin blues"... I'm sure Rich will be happy to have the "problem" of deciding whats next if that book gets fully funded before time runs out.
    THIS. I updated mine from the War and XPs only to try to get the W&XPs/OtOoPCs combo, which sold out while I was doing it (GRRRR!), and then settled on the W&XPs/SS&DT autographed combo (which is even higher than both of those). If it gets high enough for No Cure for the Paladin Blues to be thrown in, I'm gonna be F5ing like mad to try to get a W&XPs/NCftPB combo (which I assume will be yet higher then my current bid, and will open my current slot for others - it's limited autographed copies, I'm SURE someone will spring on it)

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Amazing, in just over 2 days $100,000 pledged. Time for me to get some sleep and I will see you guys tomorrow.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Yes you have this prize, unless you change your selected pledge, no one can take it from you, except maybe Rich, but he wouldn't do that.

In another news, this is ridicously high, we passed the 100.000$ mark!!
    I'm curious if someone can take it from you if you decide to up your pledge but not change the reward, in the time you spend in "manage pledge" to do so.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It was like seeing a swarm of piranhas appear when the new autograph options appeared.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #410
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bluewurm View Post
    And then the update blows everything out of the water.
    Rich posting new rewards just kicked it into overdrive for a moment (about $5K in less than 30 minutes).

I'll check back later in the evening (East Coast) to get a better read on the hourly donation rate once everything stabilizes.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

So, uh, is anyone else getting a little scared with how quickly this is going? I mean, surely there's some point past which further donations will just get excessive - there's only so many books that need reprinting after all - and in only two days we've almost doubled the original target, and it's still going up. There's twenty-eight more days to go. 'Tis is a little crazy to watch.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I'm curious if someone can take it from you if you decide to up your pledge but not change the reward, in the time you spend in "manage pledge" to do so.
    Doubt it, but maybe. I'm surprised at how the "manage pledge" is set up. The reason I didn't get to snag the combo I wanted (which, yes, I'm still complaining about. Boo! BOO!) was because I didn't update the pledge before selecting the higher-amount-reward thingie. I assumed it would automatically raise my pledge, instead of redirecting me back to the page telling me I had to manually update it. I've never uesd or even heard of kickstarter before, so I'm not sure how their system is set up, but there was an unseen hitch I stumbled across, as fair warning to anyone else equally unfamiliar with this system.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm concerned about that as well. I have one of the sold out awards and want to update the amount pledged to cover OtOoPCs but am worried I might lose my reward while managing my pledge.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, uh, is anyone else getting a little scared with how quickly this is going? I mean, surely there's some point past which further donations will just get excessive - there's only so many books that need reprinting after all - and in only two days we've almost doubled the original target, and it's still going up. There's twenty-eight more days to go. 'Tis is a little crazy to watch.

Zevox
    Well with all the big prizes gone, eventually he'll have reprinted every book, and so everyone will have the opportunity to get them all.

After that, unless he throws in more top-tier prizes or autographs the pledges will have to stop, there'll just be nothing left that people will want (unless some weirdo with a thing for Roy magnets comes along and buys thousands of them of course).

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

Darn it! I was on a bit more than an hour ago, I was thinking, "Oh MAN, any time OtOoPCs will be added! I need to wait and be here for a possible signed... oh wait, I have to leave right now because a filling fell out of a tooth and the dentist appointment to fix it is today. NOOOOOOOOOO-"

Ah well. I'm still getting a signed War and XPs, after all. There are a ton of people who don't get to have either. I'm pretty lucky that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    I'm concerned about that as well. I have one of the sold out awards and want to update the amount pledged to cover OtOoPCs but am worried I might lose my reward while managing my pledge.
    The solution is probably to do it in the middle of the night (for the USA, middle of the morning EU when everyone sleeps or works resp.), at a high-speed internet access-point and with the new amount in ctrl+v position.
    At least that's how I'm going to do it if the time comes.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Colossus in the Playground

*Sigh* And all the autographed copies are gone. It's okay since I couldn't afford them anyway. Well, technically I could afford them but I only have access to my checking account in college and I don't want to dip too much into it. Plus my parents might not be happy with my contributing a large expenditure for this project.

On The Origin of PC's, though...

EDIT: Rich, why are you so surprised at all the backers? We all love your webcomic and are more than happy to help it and you out any way we can.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This I can answer at least (and probably get ninja'd)

The pledge stuff is a minimum amount to get the reward. How it works is, as long as you pledge a minimum of x amount, you can pick any reward at that number or lower.

So say I decided I pledged $50 for this. I could select the $10, the $14, or even the $45, but if it goes higher then 50, I wouldn't qualify. Changing the amount you pledge wouldn't affect it, as long as you aren't lowering it below the reward. So if I decided to pick the $45 reward, and then changed my pledge from $50 to $30, I'd have to pick a new reward. $50 to $70 however, nothing would be wrong.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This I can answer at least. It's just a minimum. You could theoretically pledge 541 dollars, then change it to 10231 dollars, and still keep the $10 reward if you really wanted. As long as your new pledge doesn't drop belowe the reward you picked, you'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Doubt it, but maybe. I'm surprised at how the "manage pledge" is set up. The reason I didn't get to snag the combo I wanted (which, yes, I'm still complaining about. Boo! BOO!) was because I didn't update the pledge before selecting the higher-amount-reward thingie. I assumed it would automatically raise my pledge, instead of redirecting me back to the page telling me I had to manually update it. I've never uesd or even heard of kickstarter before, so I'm not sure how their system is set up, but there was an unseen hitch I stumbled across, as fair warning to anyone else equally unfamiliar with this system.
    I did the exact same thing, and was panicking the whole time I was having to redo it. It must have been down to the two of us there or something, so sorry about beating you there. Hope you get the next one. :(

EDIT: Sorry bout the double post. The forum's acting up on me right now, and I thought my previous post got eaten by the forum monster.
    Last edited by Advance Strat..; 2012-01-24 at 05:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

This I can answer at least (and probably get ninja'd)

The pledge stuff is a minimum amount to get the reward. How it works is, as long as you pledge a minimum of x amount, you can pick any reward at that number or lower.

So say I decided I pledged $50 for this. I could select the $10, the $14, or even the $45, but if it goes higher then 50, I wouldn't qualify. Changing the amount you pledge wouldn't affect it, as long as you aren't lowering it below the reward. So if I decided to pick the $45 reward, and then changed my pledge from $50 to $30, I'd have to pick a new reward. $50 to $70 however, nothing would be wrong.
    Just being intentionally dumb here but, that means that it is still "reserved" for you (ie. marked as sold out for everyone else) until you finish lowering your pledge?
    I'm still going to do such stuff in the morning, but it feels slightly less tense now. ^^