New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 136 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Well, if it makes you feel better.

*Hugs kobold-bard even though he got rid of the awesome christmas avatar of three kobold's and replaced it with the awesome avatar of one kobold*
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-25 at 03:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

So now we've hit $120k will the rate of donation tail off a bit, or are we now going to get a flood of people wanting NcFtPB reprinted putting their donations in? Tempted to increase my donation myself...$10 seemed fine when we were going for $57k, but now we're more than double that!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Well, if it makes you feel better.

*Hugs kobold-bard even though he got rid of the awesome christmas avatar of three kobold's and replaced it with the awesome avatar of one kobold*
    Well I questioned a friend for still having their Christmas tree up last week, then it occurred to me I was still using my Christmas avatar. Didn't want to be a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    So now we've hit $120k will the rate of donation tail off a bit, or are we now going to get a flood of people wanting NcFtPB reprinted putting their donations in? Tempted to increase my donation myself...$10 seemed fine when we were going for $57k, but now we're more than double that!
    Probably both. That said the the idea of an "every book do far" pledge reward might keep things going, as might more mystery prizes. Because people just can't resist the lure of the mystery box.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Dammit! I screwed up... I did my pledge, but forgot to add in the 10$ for international shipping. How would I best go about correcting that?

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a "Manage Pledge" button which allows you to change how much you're pledging.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

*sigh* You mean, the big, blue one? Nah, that's way too obvious! ;)

Thanks, RMS.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Barbarian in the Playground

We just crushed the most successful Kickstarter comic of the year 2011 in amount pledged (Womanthology : $109,301 at 437% funded). The most % funded was Kingdom of Loathing at 683% funded (but that was $30,757 of $4,500 Goal).

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/1...graphic-chart/

We are at 213% funded last time I looked. Wooo! Go us, Go Rich, Go OOTS!

(Digs into cardboard boxes to find a cheer leading outfit...)
    Last edited by Ashtar; 2012-01-25 at 06:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wooo Mystery Prize! Exciting times itP

9. - Top - End - #519
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

In the 4 hours or so since I posted my last comment, it's gone up another $3k. At that rate, we'll be up to the $140k level by this time tomorrow...

10. - Top - End - #520
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This pledge drives popularity is insane. I will be away from a computer for the next ten days. I wonder how high it will go before I get back. $200k, $300k, more??? If it exceeds $300,000 that might be enough to not only reprint all the OOP books but hopefully fund the printing of book 5 before The Giant is even ready to release it yet. I hope there are not as many problems this time getting the book ready. Rich has always put out a First-Class product, but that means intense scrutiny at all stages of the printing, and if mistakes are made (color shift, layout, etc...) then Rich has to go over the whole thing again, and we have to wait aaaaaarrrrgghh!
    On a side note, I wonder how many more incentives I will miss out on while I am away.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

I hope we get to the no cure for the paladin blues stage, and that it's tacked on as a fifty dollars or under prize (Though i guess I’ll need to increase my pledge by a few bucks for shipping)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522

The insane success of this drive has inspired me to increase my pledge, even though I don't need the rewards being offered (except the magnet).
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    The insane success of this drive has inspired me to increase my pledge, even though I don't need the rewards being offered (except the magnet).
    quoted for truth. Although I do hope for an incentive for those who already preordered every book the moment it was announced and so have a full set in mint condition.

But I'm happy for the magnets. I wish I could get some past years ornaments, that might be something nice.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-01-25 at 09:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Kingdom of Loathing is still around? Whadda ya know :)

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Any speculation on who bought the grand prize? I suspect (or hope) it was Notch, of Minecraft legend. My evidence is circumstantial:

Often contributes large sums of money to Humble Indie Bundles.

and

In game contents suggests he is a fan of OOTS (a splash line saying Haley loves Elan)

16. - Top - End - #526
    Banned

I think you should not speculate on who posted/pledged what. If the person wants to be known, he or she will announce it in some way. If the person does not want that, it is not your place to speculate. Also, notch is possibly not the only geek with money in the world.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I broke down and increased my pledge to get the other books as well. It looks like my food budget just went out the window for next month but at least with my job thats not a major issue. On the plus side this plus a couple of other pledges in the last 10 minutes have pushed us over $125,000.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

18. - Top - End - #528

PaladinGuy

Pfeh, baseless speculation is basically what drives these forums. You can't take that away.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    Pfeh, baseless speculation is basically what drives these forums. You can't take that away.
    Miko was the donator! V's gender was the donator! Was the donator morally--wait, forget that one. MitD was the donator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Miko was the donator! V's gender was the donator! Was the donator morally--wait, forget that one. MitD was the donator!
    You said all of those and you forgot to say the donator was Draketooth or Haley's celestial mother? For shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    You said all of those and you forgot to say the donator was Draketooth or Haley's celestial mother? For shame.
    Eh, if he individually named every epileptic tree theory this forum has come up with over time, it would have taken a week to type the post :)

... besides, the donator was clearly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belkar. Which other character do we know who'd spend 40,000gp on a frivolous item, such as the Wand of Dispel Clothing in SSaDT? :) ... ok maybe Xykon, spending 10k per crazy-ass trap...

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    To answer the curtailed question - yes, donating to this drive is more than just "morally justified" - it's a moral imperative!

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vorynn View Post
    Eh, if he individually named every epileptic tree theory this forum has come up with over time, it would have taken a week to type the post :)
    It would take longer than that. Truly, the crazy theories are evolving faster than anyone can follow. By the time he types them all out, a new set has taken their place. Or, if you insist the average human can still type faster than the rate at which new theories are spawned, we'll just consider the Achilles and tortoise paradox and leave it at that.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

I think for $1 million we should be able to get OoTS done as a live action show.

Using the actors from Firefly.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateDB View Post
    I think for $1 million we should be able to get OoTS done as a live action show.

Using the actors from Firefly.
    That's.......GENIUS!!

We might have to draft a few more male characters though, but a suitably tanned Nathan Fillion would be perfect as Roy and Morena Baccarin as Sabine, yes please!

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

Personally, my silly theory is, when it reaches $1,000,000, Mr. Burlew will upload a 10-second video of himself saying thanks, we're all crazy, and he loves us all.

... or maybe it'll just be audio and the video won't be until it reaches $2,000,000.

27. - Top - End - #537

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
    That's.......GENIUS!!

We might have to draft a few more male characters though, but a suitably tanned Nathan Fillion would be perfect as Roy and Morena Baccarin as Sabine, yes please!
    Please. You could just cast Nathan Fillion in every role and you know we'd all watch it. If you're casting other actors, you're trying too hard.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-25 at 12:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

For those that still care about the numbers

30 hours to raise $57,750
    48 hours to raise $91,000
    72 hours to raise $127,000

with all the big ticket items gone in that first 48 hour period,
    we are left with the unfrilled donations so then we can look at things more closely without any of the initial noise.

In the last 24 hours, $36,000 was raised.
    This averages out perfectly to $1500 an hour which is what we were seeing yesterday afternoon. It's amazing that there has been no significant decrease in donations since then, so we know we have not reached the saturation point.

I'll be curious to see if this continues to stay stable, or if Rich somehow manages to increase the average donations with the next update.

Again . . . still . . . wow.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

29. - Top - End - #539
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    Please. You could just cast Nathan Fillion in every role and you know we'd all watch it. If you're casting other actors, you're trying too hard.
    So, an all Fillion cast it is then!
    I can't wait to see his portrayal of Haley

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I'll be curious to see if this continues to stay stable, or if Rich somehow manages to increase the average donations with the next update.

Again . . . still . . . wow.
    *forcing me to post stats*
    *shakes fist at WampaX*

I was actually wondering about this, so I checked at 1:30am PST last night and 9:30am PST this morning. It came in just a shade under $7000. Let's just call it $875 an hour for that period.

And while I wasn't keeping exact track, I noticed the slowdown started around 9-10pm PST last night (it had been going at insane clip for much of the day).

Whether that is because of the time of day, or the "initial rush" of OtOoPCs orders having already cleared, I don't know. Be interesting to see the "hourly rate" right now before the NCftPB pledge points get introduced.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-25 at 01:24 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb