New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate. Also, is it possible to get signed copies of other books besides War and Xp and DStP? I ask because I do not own yet the Dragon Sails and Start of Darkness, but do have DStP. So if I could get them signed through the drive I would probably do so.
    I may add those later, since it's been requested. I'll have to see what our stock looks like, and I want to make sure I don't bite off more autographed packages than I can chew. If I do add them, you can always change your reward level to the new package at any time (until they sell out, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by bluewurm View Post
    Rich, a few questions if I may, mostly about pledge levels:

1. You've set the goal at $57K, which is the minimum needed to get 'War and XPs' back into print... but how many copies will get printed? could people still get "shut out"? presumably anyone who makes the $45 level pledge WILL get a copy IF it ends up being reprinted (since the $45 level includes the book.) There is no gaurantee of availability at lower pledge levels though, right?
    The current pledge goal is for printing several thousand copies, enough to be available at least on Ookoodook for some time after the pledge is over. Hopefully, it will be enough to get them back into comic stores, too. So the chance of being completely shut out from getting a WAXP at all this year is pretty low, if the drive is successful.

2. Can you give us a rough estimate (either now or once we hit the "war and xps" goal) of what it will take to get the other books reprinted?
    I will definitely give that estimate once the WAXP goal has been hit, yes.

3. the $100 level is sold out, was that a mistake or did you run out of the older magnets? if you only ran out of SOME of them could you add a new level to allow the ones you do still have to be purchased?
    I'll have to talk to my people about our magnet stock, but I do know that Belkar was in very, very short supply.

4. I'm confused about the $1250 pledge level, everyone gets it as long as one person pays, right? (assuming this to be the case, and assuming Rich doesnt mind, could we find a large group willing to "go in on this together" to make it more manageable?)
    Yes, everyone who pledges gets it as long as one person pledges. And yes, it would be entirely possible to pool money together, though only one person will get the crayon drawing included. (If a group does raise the money, they can contact me and let me know how many copies of the PDF they'll need. We can probably get everyone a magnet, too, as long as it's under 50 people.)
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Damn being a broke college student; I'm stuck with the $10 pledge. Sorry!

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Would the RPG character appear in a bit role (ie: in the background of a scene in the tavern), or would the character have a more important role?
    The character will be a walk-on cameo, appearing in only one strip—meaning that they will have little permanent influence on the story. They will have their name mentioned by at least one character, though, and they may have a line of dialogue if I can work it in naturally (but no promises on that part).

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Also Rick, can I use that image on your signature to link to the drive on the site I'm an admin?
    Yes, go ahead.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh, Amazon - the nemesis of my credit card. For some reason that site hates it, which it has proven a dozen times over with this drive. -.-
    Or possibly my bank hates Amazon for some odd reason.

Well, I'll buy the books (and hopefully the new .pdf) from Ookoodook when the time comes round - someone must do that too!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

If I understand what Kickstarter is showing me, I managed to luck into being the last person to pledge and select the $60 signed War and XPs option.

Sweet.

This is a great and wonderful thing, Rich, and I look forward to seeing this meet and exceed its goal.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Giant, you are ON FIRE right now.

(Not literally. That would be bad.)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    If I understand what Kickstarter is showing me, I managed to luck into being the last person to pledge and select the $60 signed War and XPs option.

Sweet.

This is a great and wonderful thing, Rich, and I look forward to seeing this meet and exceed its goal.
    Dammit, I wanted that one.

Eesh. Giant, if I may suggest something, increasing the signed book rewards may be an excellent move. It looks like lots of people want it, an extra fifteen dollars for you merely by signing the book before you send it out, and some people who already have War and XPs might go up from backing with 10 dollars to 60 just to get a signed copy(for me at least, it's just the signed copy and the O-chul book that interest me).
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-01-22 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sigh, if I had it I would have loved to pay to see a small story featuring Lien. But $45 is as high as I can go.
    Credit to CrimsonAngel for avie.
    ^-^

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there goes fourty five dollars. At least it's money well spent.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sleeping in + Pacific time zone = autographed copies all sold out

I understand you want to limit the number of copies you have to sign, but there's at least one more person interested in an autographed book.

Edna
    Last edited by Edna; 2012-01-22 at 03:26 PM.
    choralconductorsingerprogrammermomwebdesigner

11. - Top - End - #41

NinjaGirl

*gasp*

Is that Miko in the background of the O-Chul book cover?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Thank you, thank you, thank you Giant! I've looked high and low for WaXP and now you come through for me
    I got "Paladin blues" through ebay, but it bugged me that the money I paid did not go to support you and the comic!
    I hope I made up for it by pledging for the signed copy now. It's not all generosity on my part though: I have the small hope, that when it's being sent from the author, it will be seen as a "gift" rather than a "purchase" by the draconian customs people here in Denmark, as to avoid paying the added duty of 35$
    Don't listen to MoonCat, if you sign more copies it will hurt my resell valu.....ermn, never mind - Seriously though: she makes a good point, seems a lot of people are willing to pay 15$ for your autograph, I say let them if it helps the drive!

13. - Top - End - #43

I also think a few more autographed copies would be a good idea. There's no way I was the only person who donated more than planned in order to get an autographed War and XPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

14. - Top - End - #44

Regarding autographed books: We may add more as part of two-book packages (i.e. one copy each of WAXP and Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, for example) once I hear back about our stock. Also, anyone who has the money can still get an autographed copy with a crayon drawing.

Ultimately, the real limiter on autographs is the fact that they need to be shipped out by me, Rich, instead of the far-more-efficient folks at Ookoodook. The more I add to the pile, the more time I have to spend doing shipping instead of working on comics. But I'll try to see if I can squeeze a few more in later in the week.
    Rich Burlew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I will most definitely try to donate if I get my paycheck by the end of the project, even though I'll probably never buy a printed book (shipping to my country is run by morons and crooks). Good luck with this.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm feeling slightly crazy at the moment and entertain the idea of signing up for one of those 250$ pledges to get the crayon-drawing and perhaps add to 300 for the book (if I can wrestle amazon into submission), I just thought of one thing.
    Would we be allowed to upload a scanned copy of said crayon on the forums in a spread the joy kind of spirit, or would it be against advanced copyright rules?

I just thought it would be a fun thing to do if we were allowed to.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I'm feeling slightly crazy at the moment and entertain the idea of signing up for one of those 250$ pledges to get the crayon-drawing and perhaps add to 300 for the book (if I can wrestle amazon into submission), I just thought of one thing.
    Would we be allowed to upload a scanned copy of said crayon on the forums in a spread the joy kind of spirit, or would it be against advanced copyright rules?

I just thought it would be a fun thing to do if we were allowed to.
    Yes, absolutely! That would be totally fine.
    Rich Burlew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sweet! Managed to submit my pledge just in time to score one of the last autographed copies.

Also, like some others I would be interested in adding Snips, Snails & Dragon Tales to the package and potentially saving some shipping. Would that be possible? And if yes, how much should we add to the pledge?
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Bonus OotS stuff for donating to get War and XPs reprinted?

Here, have a bag of money. (Or at least what little I figure I can spare. )

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #50

Thumbs up Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Impressive. It's already at nearly a quarter there. Even after today, when all the time zones will have had their chance to rush about it, there'll still definitely be a stream of latecomers who'll be putting this all up to the goal. This is so exciting!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

SamuraiGuy

I was just saying on the Kickstarter page that I can't help but notice someone already bought a new story, which is awesome. Does anyone know who it is, or is that a secret?

(I'm really really hoping it's not the Guy With the Halberd...)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    I was just saying on the Kickstarter page that I can't help but notice someone already bought a new story, which is awesome. Does anyone know who it is, or is that a secret?

I don't know, but if somebody with the means were to commission a StickTales version of Beowulf, I would probably fall in love with them.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post

When I find out, I'll let you know.
    As of now, we have no idea since they didn't come to the thread to tell us it was them (probably a wise decision since it'd likely lead to people wanting them to change their pick). Personally I hope it's Tsukiko, but nobody besides me seems to like her so I'm not holding my breath.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Sorry if this is a lame question, but if I pledge for 55$ (I'm from Italy), will I get War and XP, Roy's magnet AND the pdf with Ochul's story?
    In this descripition , I don't see the pdf
    $45 or more
    One newly printed copy of War and XPs, the third book in the Order of the Stick series, plus the Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the United States. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10.)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by andrechan View Post
    Sorry if this is a lame question, but if I pledge for 55$ (I'm from Italy), will I get War and XP, Roy's magnet AND the pdf with Ochul's story?

From the $10 option:

Plus a digital PDF of the original OOTS story, "How the Paladin Got His Scar," when it is completed. (Note: All of the rewards below this include the digital download as well.)
    So yes.

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by andrechan View Post
    The ten dollar description says it is included with everything higher.

Ninja'd.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-01-22 at 04:28 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

The bonus that excites me the most is the potential for additional character stories, so I'm glad Rich approves of people pooling their money together. The only question: How to organise it?

Rich, would it be appropriate to start a thread to organise people willing to sign up to try and donate enough money to get one or both of the remaining character stories?
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Damn, I was hoping to get the $100 one, but those sold out fast.

Is there any chance that another level can be added between $100 and $250? If not, I'll get the $80 instead.

I'd love to do a 100 or more, but 250 is a bit steep for me so soon after the holidays.

At any rate, this is a great idea and hope this works out! WARXP is the only book I'm missing from my collection

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I know that your time and resources aren't infinite for this, but would you consider putting in any thing else in the 50-250 pledge ranges as this drive goes on since the $60, $65, and $100 pledge points have already all sold out?
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Thanks a lot for your answers
    I'm a backer now
    P.S I bet in two days we'll reach the goal
    Last edited by andrechan; 2012-01-22 at 04:42 PM.