New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

A free print for big pledgers, I like.
    I wonder if I dare to ask for a possible signing of it. It ould almost look like I robbed Rich and stuffed his things in my house. The police will just say "well, its got his signature on it all - can't be much clearer than that".

2. - Top - End - #812
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

LOVE the latest update! I have loved that poster forever, and the notion of having it in a smaller size with nice backing is just perfect.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Halfling in the Playground

Update #6, new rewards, and I really really love those charts! :)

4. - Top - End - #814
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posters and ornaments! Go go go!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, I've made a second pledge with a second account (am I allowed to do that?; if not, I'll gladly let go of my order).

So, I should be getting a signed poster. And (hopefully), a chance at snagging another autographed book.

Sadly, looks like that'll be the end for me in this pledge, I can't really give more than $200.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a bit strange that I've been surfing around idly and stuff, checking maybe every half hour to hour but still managed to load the site within a minute of the posting of updates. It's happened three times now (first and last 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    Alright, I've made a second pledge with a second account (am I allowed to do that?; if not, I'll gladly let go of my order).

So, I should be getting a signed poster. And (hopefully), a chance at snagging another autographed book.

Sadly, looks like that'll be the end for me in this pledge, I can't really give more than $200.
    Might be breaking some rule of kickstarter, what do I know?
    Morally? up to you really.
    (as long as duplicate accounts don't hog all the limited rewards I'd personally be fine with it)
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2012-01-27 at 06:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

I want the poster, but I'd never put it up. I don't even want the poster, but I want to have it, even though I don't want it.

This pledge drive is doing weird stuff to my brain.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Must...fight...urge to pledge 500 dollars for signed ornaments and signed copies of the books!

Gah!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm a bit shocked I managed to snag a signed poster now.

There were only about 5 left when I clicked to do the pledge and I was sure I wasn't going to make it.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

@above: $93 is my current pledge ($83 + $10 shipping). Want to make sure I can, y'know, actually pay for it.

Not helping it is that I think my debit card people take a bit of money for every purchase I make.
    According to the Kickstart FAQ, they will take a 5% cut, and amazon another 3-5%, so there's that. And IIRC, the UK cards did take a bite as well, so you may be right.

In another order of business, after a quick consultation with my SO, I've upped my pledge enough to get a signed poster. Given I already had all the books, I couldn't justify to myself buying them again just for the autograph, but this is a great compromise (there goes my "entertainment" budget for the month, though)

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

11. - Top - End - #821
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rich, thank you.

Seriously, you could have rested on your laurels after we destroyed the first target, or limited the new rewards to just new books, but twice now you have added new stuff that makes me think my pledge was even more worth it. I knew I was going to get the fridge magnet and the pdfs on top of the actual reward, and then you added the Julio Scoundrel story. I was happy with this. And now you put a poster in as well for the high pledgers? You spoil us!
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Those signed prints sold out fast. Fastest sellout of any limited offer, I think.

And there are a new set of goals, everyone:

$222,000 Mystery Prize #2
    $255,000 DStP added to Pledge Points
    $264,570 DStP minimum print run
    $283,120 DStP full print run
    $300,000 Mystery Prize #3

It had been going at around $500 - $600 per hour before the last update (which is still hecka awesome, BTW. Just not OMGWT*BBQ awesome). With the added boost of the new poster (seriously that thing is gonna do gangbusters) and ornaments, we should see a good uptick until 9pm tonight. Then it's just a case of how close it is to $222k to see how long it takes to get there.

ETA: Oh yes. Those ornaments and posters are causing the blessed thing to explode again.

Pretty sure there's been something like $6,000 to $7,000 pledged since it went up (it was at around 193.6k at 2pm PST and right now at 3:15pm PST it's at 200.4 k ).
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-27 at 06:16 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm participating!

Sorry if that reference has been done before.

But I have to say, I was worried I'd missed the print run on Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails, so I'm glad I was able to get a copy here, and support the goal of getting all the books in print at once.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-01-27 at 06:13 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

14. - Top - End - #824
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    According to the Kickstart FAQ, they will take a 5% cut, and amazon another 3-5%, so there's that. And IIRC, the UK cards did take a bite as well, so you may be right.
    When they say they take a cut, do they mean they increase the price I pay, or are taking a small cut of the money Rich receives?

15. - Top - End - #825
    Pixie in the Playground

Wowwwwww.

(Just multiplied my pledge by 2.5)
    Avatar drawn by the extraordinarily talented Ceika!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, subliminal suggestion time. Rich doesn't know what Mystery Prize 3 is yet, so we have a chance nudge him in the right direction. So, with that in mind:

TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY!!!!!
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

When they say they take a cut, do they mean they increase the price I pay, or are taking a small cut of the money Rich receives?
    Out of the cut that Rich receives.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    In another order of business, after a quick consultation with my SO, I've upped my pledge enough to get a signed poster.
    You had TIME to speak to your SO? I just clicked as quickly as I could and still barely got one.
    I just have to hope forgiveness is easier than permission (JK, my SO understands.)

I see that the signed poster reward makes no mention of the pdf. I hope that was an oversight. I didn't read carefully. IT DOES! Thank-you everyone pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    TSUKIKO STORY
    Right there with you, especially considering the latest comic.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-01-27 at 06:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Firbolg in the Playground

And we've hit 200k!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

After carefully checking the conditions in the amazon section of the pledge, I am confident that they will charge you the amount you pledged and no more, and Rich will get 9% or so less than you pledged.

Sorry if I scared you.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    You had TIME to speak to your SO? I just clicked as quickly as I could and still barely got one.
    I just have to hope forgiveness is easier than permission (JK, my SO understands.)

I see that the signed poster makes no mention of the pdf. I hope that was an oversight.
    Probably not, it is mentioned in the first pledge award.

22. - Top - End - #832

Got it!

Kind of scary letting go of what you have in the attempt to snag something better. And if he adds another crayon drawing reward, I'm going to have to do it all over again!

I could end up with nothing.
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Alright, subliminal suggestion time. Rich doesn't know what Mystery Prize 3 is yet, so we have a chance nudge him in the right direction. So, with that in mind:

TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY!!!!!
    How do you know we won't get one already? There are three mystery stories she could feature in, after all.

My only worry here is that cranking out what, by my estimate, amounts to about 70 pages of content for the pdf is going to be a bit taxing on Rich.

EDIT: Wooh! Just a little over $99,000 to go! Which begs the question... What on earth will Rich do if we go over that?

EDIT2: ... It just went up $600+ dollars in a matter of minutes. I have to say, it's a testament to Rich's ability to write that we're going nuts like this.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-01-27 at 06:26 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    My only worry here is that cranking out what, by my estimate, amounts to about 70 pages of content for the pdf is going to be a bit taxing on Rich.
    At this rate, he might as well just add another $100k to the chart, add another 20 or so pages and print the pdf (and only supporters will get to see it first as a digital copy)
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-01-27 at 06:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you everyone who grabbed the ornaments! You saved my wallet and bank account from desolation. >.<

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question: does the $62 "pick two" reward include SSaDT as a choice? If so, I will definitely go up from the SSaDT reward alone to that one. If not, I am not sure what to increase to, as that and NCftPB are the only ones I'm missing, and I don't want to give up the SSaDT I am getting. They will ne out of stock after this!
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #837

OldWizardGuy

And I found someone that will get for me on the us and bring for me, so I will be able to add more things to my pledge!

Yeah!!!!!

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

28. - Top - End - #838

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Thank you everyone who grabbed the ornaments! You saved my wallet and bank account from desolation. >.<
    You are not the only one mate. I was going back and forth with my fianceč, trying to see how much I could drain from the wedding fund to put on the drive, trying to convince her that the signed ornaments would be a great thing. Glad they were gone before I could jump in.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    Quick question: does the $62 "pick two" reward include SSaDT as a choice? If so, I will definitely go up from the SSaDT reward alone to that one. If not, I am not sure what to increase to, as that and NCftPB are the only ones I'm missing, and I don't want to give up the SSaDT I am getting. They will ne out of stock after this!
    It isn't listed and don't really fit the general descriptions listed so I'd not count on it. Perhaps send a mail to Rich and ask nicely will do the trick?
    For the record I'm also slightly worried about my SSaDT, I should have gotten it in the summer - but I was poor in the summer! -.-

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, it would appear those folks who already had the books were anxious to jump at rewards that weren't books.

Because they sold out in about 10 minutes.