New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Anyone got an estimate how much a full 'Up to the Split' package with DSTP would be (not autographed, just the books)? Figure I may as well bump my pledge up to that point to help work towards getting there since I plan to go for it anyways, entertainment budget for the next few months or not :P.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Alright, subliminal suggestion time. Rich doesn't know what Mystery Prize 3 is yet, so we have a chance nudge him in the right direction. So, with that in mind:

TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY!!!!!
    That'S not sUbliminal so much as KInd of superliminal. Kindly try tO underSTand what One is oveR another, You.

Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-27 at 06:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by k_bukie View Post
    So, it would appear those folks who already had the books were anxious to jump at rewards that weren't books.

Because they sold out in about 10 minutes.
    Choosing between gold and diamonds is a rough job.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    Quick question: does the $62 "pick two" reward include SSaDT as a choice? If so, I will definitely go up from the SSaDT reward alone to that one. If not, I am not sure what to increase to, as that and NCftPB are the only ones I'm missing, and I don't want to give up the SSaDT I am getting. They will ne out of stock after this!
    Email Rich through Kickstarter and see if you can make some sort of deal. Otherwise, if I were you I'd create a second Kickstarter and just grab NCftPN seperately.

Alterntaively, just wait until NCftPB is in print and deal with it then.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #845
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    Anyone got an estimate how much a full 'Up to the Split' package with DSTP would be (not autographed, just the books)? Figure I may as well bump my pledge up to that point to help work towards getting there since I plan to go for it anyways, entertainment budget for the next few months or not :P.
    The book retails for $30, so I'd estimate $225-$230 total for all of them.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Interestingly it appears that the vast majority of the amount raised just now was from people upping their pledge amount.

The total has gone up $9,000 in the last 90 minutes or so, while there are "only" 24 new backers in that time.

Then again, those $240 pledges added up fast, so that's undoubtedly part of it.

Mark my words though. That $25 pledge point for the poster is gonna be hecka popular. Still close enough to $10 not to feel like it's that painful, but something that I reckon a lot of people don't have and will say, "Gimme".
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

The average pledge is now over $57.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm still worried he's actually going to offer the choose-one-background-character single-page-comic idea I suggested when I least expect it and it'll be too late to up my pledge to get it (even worse if that happened on the 31st).

Though I'm more worried I sound like this:

"Aww, I wanted to get a short comic about a specific background character."
    "You're already getting five really long comics for less than a tank of gas!"
    "Yeah, well, I want that one..."

(Seriously though, if I had to choose between the five long comics and a custom single-page comic, I'd choose the five long comics without a second thought. Plus the small poster is nice, gettin' that too.)

9. - Top - End - #849
    Dwarf in the Playground

I need to find away of raising £30 for a copy of No Cure to come with my poster...

Now, do I really need my great aunt?
    Last edited by Manga Maniac; 2012-01-27 at 06:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

What about a pledge for all available NON-print-only books?

Most folks here ordered the prequels/SSDT the very day they were announced, with little incentive to get the rest. And for those of us in a podunk country even John Kerry forgot, ordering online is the only way since book stores don't carry things like OOTS.
    I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

eek Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

OK, once DStP is added, I'll be ordering a complete set of books, unsigned for my brother. But I don't want to up my pledge until then. I hope there's not too many people waiting like I am.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Out of pure, pure luck I checked my email about seven minutes after he added the Up to the Split Signed incentive. Grabbed it. Can't afford it. Couldn't care less. Now I'm checking it obsessively so I can get DStP signed when it becomes available.

Gotta go check my email again.

:P

EDIT: Now, what sort of system is in place to guard against people pledging money they know they can't come up with? I wonder how much of the $200k currently pledged isn't going to come through? I mean, sure, whoever welches doesn't get the reward, but could there be enough of that, do you think, do jeopardize the project?
    Last edited by truemane; 2012-01-27 at 07:27 PM.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hope the average pledge doesn't get too much higher, or I'll have to raise my $67 pledge to keep from feeling stingy

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castamir View Post

Until we hit 255k DStP is still limited stock, so it can't be added to any new rewards. Once it can be I'm sure we'll se an "All Compilation Books" pledge alongside the "ALL DA BOOKS!!" one.

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post

EDIT: Now, what sort of system is in place to guard against people pledging money they know they can't come up with? I wonder how much of the $200k currently pledged isn't going to come through? I mean, sure, whoever welches doesn't get the reward, but could there be enough of that, do you think, do jeopardize the project?
    I've been a bit concerned about this too. As long as it doesn't drop below 166,900 none of the current pledges will be affected, but in theory yeah everyone could be bull****ting and we end up getting nothing.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Castamir View Post

Most folks here ordered the prequels/SSDT the very day they were announced, with little incentive to get the rest. And for those of us in a podunk country even John Kerry forgot, ordering online is the only way since book stores don't carry things like OOTS.
    I'm in the same situation. Due to the exclusive nature of the print only books like Start of Darkness, Origin of the PCs and Snip,Snails,DragonTails I have already collected all of those ones as soon as I heard about them.
    However, all the other books that can already be found online, (Dungeon Crawlers, Paladin Blues, Wars and Exp and Don't Split the Party) I haven't bought since I was strapped for cash and I didn't see the need to spend money only to get what I figured amounted to a few pages worth of bonus strips.

So basically, something like a Mix'n'Match box for those four books would be right up my alley.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2012-01-27 at 07:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Looks like amazon is putting holds on credit cards until the pledge drive ends (feb21) so hopefully people can't make impossible pledges, though perhaps you can manage your pledge to reduce the pledge amount before the end (theoretically.can't confirm this as I've only increased my pledge since this started).

17. - Top - End - #857
    Halfling in the Playground

Just pledged at $79, that will give my wife and I two of the three books that we are missing.

We're hoping for 255k so Don't Split The Party will be added, then our collection will be complete!

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, subliminal suggestion time. Rich doesn't know what Mystery Prize 3 is yet, so we have a chance nudge him in the right direction. So, with that in mind:

TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY TSUKIKO STORY!!!!!
    Here's an alternative suggestion: NO TSUKIKO STORY. She was infuriating enough in-comic. Not that she was a badly-done character (far from it!), but I hate her in a way that Xykon doesn't come close to, much less Redcloak.

How about a story of Sir Francois and his squire Elan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Here's an alternative suggestion: NO TSUKIKO STORY. She was infuriating enough in-comic. Not that she was a badly-done character (far from it!), but I hate her in a way that Xykon doesn't come close to, much less Redcloak.

How about a story of Sir Francois and his squire Elan?
    I'd like to see a Stick Tales done by Redcloak myself.

A goblin-ified fairy tale if you will.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kancsar View Post
    Looks like amazon is putting holds on credit cards until the pledge drive ends (feb21) so hopefully people can't make impossible pledges, though perhaps you can manage your pledge to reduce the pledge amount before the end (theoretically.can't confirm this as I've only increased my pledge since this started).
    The credit card has to be good when you put the bid in and you can't max it out later. If people can't pay their credit cards later, that affects them and their card company, not Rich (although I highly recommend against getting into a fight with your credit card company. They're like one step removed from sending someone to break your legs).

I suppose there's no way to prevent a bunch of people lowering their bids one day before the pledge ends, but given how interested people have been in the rewards and the amount of collective effort required for enough people to really affect the total by all lowering their bids, I suggest that it's not something to worry about too much.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CDP View Post
    I'd like to see a Stick Tales done by Redcloak myself.

A goblin-ified fairy tale if you will.
    On a slightly related note, did you know that the name "kobold" comes from a mythical type of gremlin said to haunt cobalt mines? The similar names are not a coincidence.
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

On a slightly related note, did you know that the name "kobold" comes from a mythical type of gremlin said to haunt cobalt mines? The similar names are not a coincidence.
    I didn't know that.

I did come across the term 'kobold' in my mythology class in reference to a way to 'create' a god.

The process involved was not for the faint of heart.

Spoiler
    Show
    It involved raising a child in complete darkness for several years, ritually sacrificing them, and worshiping the remains.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Bugbear in the Playground

Other way around, actually. The metal was named after the gremlins, who were believed to have put it into their ores.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Anarion: I'm not using a credit card, though. 'Tis a "Virgin prepaid card"; my money's either on there or not when I pay for something. If it's not, the charge simply doesn't go through, to my knowledge.

I imagine it would be the same for debit card users.
    Last edited by Manga Maniac; 2012-01-27 at 08:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Other way around, actually. The metal was named after the gremlins, who were believed to have put it into their ores.
    Note that I just said they were related--I wasn't sure which one came first. Thanks for clearing it up, though!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Kickster Question

I was looking to pledge the $67 print only one, but could someone please tell me what "print only" means?

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly what it says in the description. The books that are not available online: Start of Darkness, Origin of PCs, and Snips Snails and Dragon Tails.

So that would leave out the 4 compilation books: Dungeon Crawling Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs, and Don't Split the Party.
    Last edited by NerfTW; 2012-01-27 at 08:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe an inspired critique of her ethnocentrism?

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Print-only; the books that were only available in print, i.e. Start of Darkness, On the Origins of PCs and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales without any of the other ones which are compilations of the webcomic strips.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by Manga Maniac; 2012-01-27 at 08:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Kickster Question

Quote Originally Posted by shifttee View Post
    I was looking to pledge the $67 print only one, but could someone please tell me what "print only" means?
    As in the comics that were never available online. Start of Darkness, Dragon Tales, and Origin have never had their content put online. Print only.