New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

If we get the crayon drawing, how large is the drawing, and does that include backgrounds etc., or just two crayon characters on a white background? I'd like to get something regardless, but I miiiight be able to talk myself into the crayon...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    The bonus that excites me the most is the potential for additional character stories, so I'm glad Rich approves of people pooling their money together. The only question: How to organise it?

Rich, would it be appropriate to start a thread to organise people willing to sign up to try and donate enough money to get one or both of the remaining character stories?
    Let me know of whatever you're trying to organinze. If you have PayPal, I can always PP whatever we decide on to you (or whoever else winds up in charge) and go from there.

Not sure if I'm going to end up joining or go for something else on the list, but I want the option to get in on this.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-22 at 04:45 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Yay! I am so excited about this decision Sir Rich. I am going to pinch my pennies very hard this month and shoot to donate $20-50.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Let me know of whatever you're trying to organinze. If you have PayPal, I can always PP whatever we decide on to you (or whoever else winds up in charge) and go from there.
    My idea was that everyone coughs up their own pledge directly - otherwise Paypal will suck away quite a lot of that money - and tell Rich in our pledge which Forum Name we correspond to.
    Last edited by RMS Oceanic; 2012-01-22 at 04:45 PM.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by andrechan View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answers
    I'm a backer now
    P.S I bet in two days we'll reach the goal
    You're welcome.

I've seen Kickstarters that ended up being three times the goal by the time the end day showed up.

In fact, what if there ends up being some extra money at the end after you do the reprint? Would you put it aside for the possible new server, or treat it as a (well deserved) bonus?

That actually may be a good idea, doing another Kickstarter for the server. I'm sure many people who missed a signed something this time around would jump to donate again, and you could raise some funds for the server even though the ads are not apparently working well.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You're welcome.

I've seen Kickstarters that ended up being three times the goal by the time the end day showed up.

In fact, what if there ends up being some extra money at the end after you do the reprint? Would you put it aside for the possible new server, or treat it as a (well deserved) bonus?

That actually may be a good idea, doing another Kickstarter for the server. I'm sure many people who missed a signed something this time around would jump to donate again, and you could raise some funds for the server even though the ads are not apparently working well.
    Judging by what has already been said, my guess is that depending on how much is pledged, either more War copies will go into print (less) or it'll go towards getting some of the others back into print (more).

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. I check the page on a lark, see the kickstarter notice, and find that there are already over 300 backers.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    The bonus that excites me the most is the potential for additional character stories, so I'm glad Rich approves of people pooling their money together. The only question: How to organise it?

Rich, would it be appropriate to start a thread to organise people willing to sign up to try and donate enough money to get one or both of the remaining character stories?
    I had a similar question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    Judging by what has already been said, my guess is that depending on how much is pledged, either more War copies will go into print (less) or it'll go towards getting some of the others back into print (more).
    Oh, I see. Okay.

Also, it's reached over a quarter of the goal by now. Yays for everybody!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would there be any possibility of having a physical copy of the O-Chul Story printed, or maybe added to the War and XPs book, as a revised edition? It's okay if not, but it would be very cool to have that.

Also, the autographed copies ran out really fast

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It'd be pretty cool to have a "K" book, maybe with O-Chul's story and the stories created from the $1250 pledge. Maybe with the crayon drawings scanned in as well?

Of course, something like that may not be reasonable cost-wise, but it would make a nice stretch goal.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dangit, I wanted to pledge for a signed copy, but between the time I saw the notification and by the time I got home they were sold out...

Honestly, that makes me want to wait for the reprinting rather than pledge.
    Last edited by sparkyinbozo; 2012-01-22 at 05:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyinbozo View Post
    Dangit, I wanted to pledge for a signed copy, but between the time I saw the notification and by the time I got home they were sold out...

Don't forget though, just pledging $10 gets you the exclusive O-Chul story (and whatever character stories get pledged at $1250 level). So if no more signed copies of whatever book you want become availaible, by chipping in ten bucks now, you still get all new OOTS content. Then just order the book when it becomes available.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-22 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Bad double negative. Bad double negative!

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #73
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So...because you can't get an autographed copy, you're not going to pledge for a regular copy until it's reprinted...which may not happen if people don't pledge? I understand wanting an autographed copy and being upset that they sold out so fast, but to then not pledge when you're intending to buy strikes me as a rather "cut off your nose to spite your face" reaction since there won't be any reprint if there aren't pledges.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That is a good point, Porthos. I might do the $10 as the drive winds down (waiting on the off chance more autographed copies come available somehow via the Giant).

Edit: Savannah, I can see how you feel that way about it, but for me personally, an autographed copy would be worth me paying the extra money here and now. I can always wait and pick one up at a local game shop my friend owns or order online later; she does a pretty good job of keeping them in stock (that's where I got most of my other ones).

And, if it doesn't get reprinted, they're still online, so it's not the end of the world for me. Like I said, though, I understand if you feel differently than I do about it...we all put different value on different things.
    Last edited by sparkyinbozo; 2012-01-22 at 05:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Why? I rather doubt ordering after the reprint will get you a signed copy, so the only difference would be that it's that much less likely for the reprint to happen at all.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Would the folks at Oookoodook be willing to post a short blurb and link to kickstarter on their front page? I check it sometimes to see if they have magically found a box of War and XP's and I'm sure others do too.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

That is a good point, Porthos. I might do that as the drive winds down (on the off chance more autographed copies come available somehow via the Giant).
    You can change your pledge, and your chosen reward, at any time. If additional signed copies get added to the rewards list, already having a $10 (or $45, or any other amount) pledge is no barrier at all to getting the newly available reward as if that was your choice from the beginning.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pledged 55$.

WE ARE KILLING IT PEOPLE WE ARE MURDERING IT!!111

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oh, this is such wonderful news.

Hope we can push this drive far enough so that No Cure will be reprinted as well.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

So torn...do I play it safe with a $45 pledge and get a plain-vanilla book? Or do I go up to $290 for an autographed book and original authentic Giant crayon art? Or do I contribute to one of the character-story pools?

GAH

I'LL DECIDE LATER
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

That becomes hillarious when read in gandalf-voice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

This is an Outstanding idea. OOTS is something I dearly want to support, and the minimum donation is basically the ultimate reward that I would want, to say nothing of more advanced goodies. I had no idea that my copy of War and XPs was such a rare artifact. I feel old now.
    Avatar drawn by the extraordinarily talented Ceika!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

The allure of a backstory for O'chul & a Roy magnet has gathered 18k in a few hours. I wonder how it feels to have such power over people's wallets.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm, an O-Chul exclusive story? And a copy of War and XPs? Plus a magnet of Roy Greenhilt...

I think a certain picture of Fry might be in order here.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    The allure of a backstory for O'chul & a Roy magnet has gathered 18k in a few hours. I wonder how it feels to have such power over people's wallets.
    How many hours has it been up actually? I woke up around 9,000.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

$45 done and done.

Curious - how will the PDF be shipped? To the email associated with the Amazon account, or...?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno exactly, but the first backer pledged at 12.27pm my time (GMT).

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaOOTSFan View Post
    $45 done and done.

Curious - how will the PDF be shipped? To the email associated with the Amazon account, or...?
    I believe you had to attach an email account to sign up for Kickstarter, so probably that one.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-22 at 06:40 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

I am so tempted. The books and O-Chul are the alluring pretty, but augh I DONT HAVE A THOUSAND DOLLARS TO GET 12 MORE PAGES OF O-CHUL. *cries*

When I was looking at it around 1, it was around 50,000$ short.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-01-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I am so tempted. The books and O-Chul are the alluring pretty, but augh I DONT HAVE A THOUSAND DOLLARS TO GET 12 MORE PAGES OF O-CHUL. *cries*
    Is that really so bad, when $10 will get you more than 12 pages of O-Chul?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

9:30 am PST or so, I think. I saw it as it went up and there were 0 backers at the time.

ETA: As noted above, the first pledge was at 9:27 am my time (PST). So call it 9:15 am or so? Which means we have nearly $20,000 in six and half hours.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-22 at 06:49 PM.