New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 136 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681131 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

*Pushes it over*
    (well worth it for the free print)

Mystery prize! ^^
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2012-01-28 at 12:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

So Giant,

Assuming you haven't already decided, might I make a suggestion about Mystery Prize #3?

Assuming #2 is yet another short story, #3 could be compiling all of the short stories from this drive into a print book. Currently, you're already doing five short stories, plus one, should #2 be an additional, and all the original print books will, by that point, already be in back in print. And SSaDT was only 4 sections long (yes, some of those sections, like the Dragon Tails, were a bit longer...)

That gives those crazy parts of your fandom (such as myself) who prefer to read things in print the ability to do so.

I don't know, something to think about, I guess. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be better than my half-baked ideas, but I'm just putting it out there.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Mystery Prize #2!!

We're officially beating The Giant at Kickstarter!!
    He has $200,000 of our money. I'm sure he feels he's winning.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, weekend just started and we've passed a goal line. Maybe this is all a dastardly attempt to force the Giant to make an update post with a Haley graph every day this weekend?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #905
    Colossus in the Playground

Woo-hoo! Mystery Prize #2 is a go!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Rich! I had a question for you about the drive. I have a buddy who I made a donation for to get him the magnet, but I'm really hoping that when our tax refund comes back my wife lets me make at least a one-book donation to your Kickstarter drive myself. However, I'd like to get one of the magnets for myself, too. Would it be possible for me to pledge an amount to get me up to the book level I'm allowed to donate for and then add $10 to it to get another print of the Roy magnet? Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    For me, Tsukiko is the Umbridge of OotS. She's an even nastier piece of work than the Big Bad, but the character is also very interesting and extremely well written. I can't stand her, but I like the character, if that makes any sense
    That's a very good way of putting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    He has $200,000 of our money. I'm sure he feels he's winning.
    True, but pressure from his fanbase is forcing him to make new prizes to keep us satisfied. I count that as us winning.

The only way he wins is to cancel the game & do a runner with our money at the end and not print the books/magnets (which I'm not ruling out, this could all be a huge scam).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

The only way he wins is to cancel the game & do a runner with our money at the end and not print the books/magnets (which I'm not ruling out, this could all be a huge scam).
    I've had the same thought, but then I would actually be awed by the amount of patience and planning it took to get us here!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip0614 View Post
    Hey Rich! I had a question for you about the drive. I have a buddy who I made a donation for to get him the magnet, but I'm really hoping that when our tax refund comes back my wife lets me make at least a one-book donation to your Kickstarter drive myself. However, I'd like to get one of the magnets for myself, too. Would it be possible for me to pledge an amount to get me up to the book level I'm allowed to donate for and then add $10 to it to get another print of the Roy magnet? Thanks!
    Best place to ask the question is on Kickstarter via the Send a message link right below The Order of the Stick Reprint Drive. He's been checking those more closely than this thread.

My unprofessional opinion is that it will be fine as long as he knows who you are (on the Kickstarter site) and what will be in your order.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Has a day gone by that we Haven't shattered the next seemingly impossible to reach goal?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Assuming #2 is yet another short story, #3 could be compiling all of the short stories from this drive into a print book. Currently, you're already doing five short stories, plus one, should #2 be an additional, and all the original print books will, by that point, already be in back in print. And SSaDT was only 4 sections long (yes, some of those sections, like the Dragon Tails, were a bit longer...)
    The Mystery prizes are freebies to people who already pledged. There's no way he can freebie a print book. The cost is too high. Also, the work to turn those PDFs (that he hasn't drawn yet) into a print book would mean the book won't be ready to go to the printers for several months. Common speculation is it won't be until 2013 that these stories could see print at the earliest. (Especially since there would probably also be a bonus story in the book to entice people who already have the PDFs to buy it.)

13. - Top - End - #913

*tries to imagine a world where the Giant is a scam artist*

*fails miserably*

Besides, I'm sure Kickstarter has some sort of precaution against that exact thing happening.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

True, but pressure from his fanbase is forcing him to make new prizes to keep us satisfied. I count that as us winning.

I know you're more then likely being facetious, and so please take what I say with a grain of salt...but c'mon, that's ridiculous. The Giant's as invested in this as we are. This is his life's work we're talking about here, which he's invested like almost a full decade into.

Nay, I say he only runs away with the cash moneys when the funds reach a $1 million.
    Last edited by Shonen Hero; 2012-01-28 at 01:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
    I've had the same thought, but then I would actually be awed by the amount of patience and planning it took to get us here!
    Really? That's just the age old "do a years long web comic and then pretend to collect money to have it's books re-printed" scam. Nothing really original

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SoC175 View Post
    Really? That's just the age old "do a years long web comic and then pretend to collect money to have it's books re-printed" scam. Nothing really original
    Yeah well in my day you would write a years-long newspaper comic, then take the editor hostage. Kids these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    *tries to imagine a world where the Giant is a scam artist*

*fails miserably*

Besides, I'm sure Kickstarter has some sort of precaution against that exact thing happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonen Hero View Post
    I know you're more then likely being facetious, and so please take what I say with a grain of salt...but c'mon, that's ridiculous. The Giant's as invested in this as we are. This is his life's work we're talking about here, which he's invested like almost a full decade into.

Nay, I say he only runs away with the cash moneys when the funds reach a $1 million.
    I'm not saying it's likely, but you never know. He might just be sick of drawing those damn stick figures & this is his project-pension so to speak.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

And to where would he run? A fraud of some couple of hundred thousand dollars isn't just going to be forgotten.

19. - Top - End - #919

I'm not saying it's likely, but you never know. He might just be sick of drawing those damn stick figures & this is his project-pension so to speak.
    Should the Giant leave the Playground,
    We lose our strongest warden of the Rich Baker.
    He knows what is at stake here.
    I cannot believe he would abandon all to that fate.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-01-28 at 02:09 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I think we've officially reached the point where the title of the PDF release needs to be changed from "How the Paladin Got His Scar" to "How the Paladin Got His Scar And Other Stories".

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    And to where would he run? A fraud of some couple of hundred thousand dollars isn't just going to be forgotten.
    I'm not going to give him hints

22. - Top - End - #922
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

So sayeth the Giant, on Kickstarter:
    New update will come later tonight; I need to go out and do real-life-type errands now. I thought I had at least until 6 pm today! FYI: There will be no new limited reward packages added today, so no one needs to wait around until then just to try to snag something.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by North_Ranger View Post
    Crikey... I've been reading about this drive for a few days now here and on another nerd forum I frequent religiously, and I'm just frickin' blown away by the loyalty and support of the OOTS fanbase (which a fellow forumite once refered to as "insane" in the positive sense).

Hell, I'm tempted to donate myself, and that's saying something. My willigness to impart with any personal information online has always been comparable to [spoilered due to disturbing mental image]
    Spoiler
    Show
    my willingness to stick my willy in a blender
    , so it's quite the feat for me. But man, to choose between the PDF collection and the poster? And there's the mystery prize hanging in there as well... Oh maaaannnn...
    Two things:

1) If you order any reward, you get the PDFs and the magnet.
    2) Reward #2 will likely be over $10, so the poster could net you the free second reward as well.

PS: See you back on the other nerd forum.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    So Giant,

Assuming you haven't already decided, might I make a suggestion about Mystery Prize #3?

Assuming #2 is yet another short story, #3 could be compiling all of the short stories from this drive into a print book.
    I know it's not a vote thing, but I want to express a counterpoint. I'd rather that the new Mystery Prize was some new material, as opposed to stuff I'd already get.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hah, now that I have worked on my comic for about 10 years and probably no longer need to do any actual work to financially survive, created several print-only comics and compilations and sold them legally, I shall now steal a bunch of money (that I could just use on what I promised) and lose my position while becoming a fugitive!"

I'm on to him.
    Last edited by Manga Maniac; 2012-01-28 at 02:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    "Hah, now that I have worked on my comic for about 10 years and probably no longer need to do any actual work to financially survive, created several print-only comics and compilations and sold them legally, I shall now steal a bunch of money (that I could just use on what I promised) and lose my position while becoming a fugitive!"

I'm on to him.
    EXACTLY!

27. - Top - End - #927
    Dwarf in the Playground

The average pledge is now over $60, which is ridiculous.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

I thought I had at least until 6 pm today!
    Oh, please, Giant. We didn't hit the goal until 1 pm Eastern. So we gave you A WHOLE HOUR of free time. Surely that's enough; what more could you possibly want from us?!

I really hope you're doing all right dealing with this monster you created.

...zomg, I just figured out what I want Mystery Prize #3 to be about.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystery Prize #3: Party at the Giant's house! Since travel for him is off the table, travel for the rest of us is on it.

Note: This message has been sarcasm. If you failed to detect the sarcasm, go back and try again until you do.

30. - Top - End - #930

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    I know it's not a vote thing, but I want to express a counterpoint. I'd rather that the new Mystery Prize was some new material, as opposed to stuff I'd already get.
    That's actually a good point, and I missed him saying that he would consider eventually making a second compilation (and now I can't find where he said that again, but I remember reading it ).

I withdraw my suggestion!

EDIT: And come on people! We're only about $75,000 away from a full-series reprint! Get all your other nerd-friends to come and pledge! Think about it, if every person who has already pledged gets just one friend to pledge just $10, we'll jump up another (at the time of this writing) $37,250! That's halfway! For one friend apiece! I'm already trying to get my friends who read OotS but don't go to the forums involved! We can do it! Exclaimation marks!!!
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-01-28 at 02:27 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!