Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    Got a question that might have been answered, but I haven't noticed while watching this thread. If it's not necessary, I'd rather not ask Rich as I'm sure he's already got plenty of questions per day with over 4100 donors now.

    Can we add an additional book to any level of pledge? I see that adding NCftPB can be added to some pledge levels for an additional $30. But I hadn't seen it clarified if we could do that at any level, or just the ones that specify it.
    As long as you're not adding DStP yet (as it's the only book out of stock) and don't need anything signed, you should be able to add another book to any pledge. Make sure to message Rich about it, though, so he can both update what he needs to send you and tell you what the actual cost will be

  2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Timeless Error's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A Place with No Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Hooray! I'm a backer! Finally, I'll be able to get a copy of OtOoPCs.

    Also, there's a new update on the site.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

    A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

    Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

    Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!


  3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CloakedDancer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    Got a question that might have been answered, but I haven't noticed while watching this thread. If it's not necessary, I'd rather not ask Rich as I'm sure he's already got plenty of questions per day with over 4100 donors now.

    Can we add an additional book to any level of pledge? I see that adding NCftPB can be added to some pledge levels for an additional $30. But I hadn't seen it clarified if we could do that at any level, or just the ones that specify it.

    Also, I saw a link to the KS campaign on the boardgamegeek forums this weekend. A couple of people replied they were glad to see it linked, as they hadn't heard about it. If you're active on any other comic/gaming forums that aren't talking about this, probably worth dropping a link in there.
    From what I understand you can add copies of unsigned books to most orders, at least copies of the three books that are being reprinted. I know SSaDT and SoD have more limited qualities so I'm not sure if they are options or not. However I was able to add all of the reprinted books onto my order, and believe that in most cases you can do this if you raise your pledge the appropriate amount and send a note saying you wish to do so.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    69
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature Update: at the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

  4. - Top - End - #1054
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kobold-Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    All that effort Hayley went to to get up there, and Vaarsuvius just floats up, proving once again that non-casters are all mooks.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

  5. - Top - End - #1055
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Joerg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    That's a great line from Elan in the new update
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying
    Avatar by Rich Burlew.

  6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    I know SSaDT and SoD have more limited qualities so I'm not sure if they are options or not. However I was able to add all of the reprinted books onto my order, and believe that in most cases you can do this if you raise your pledge the appropriate amount and send a note saying you wish to do so.
    Thanks, I'll go ahead and drop him a line then. I'm currently pledged on one of the SSaDT bundles, and it's really the best default pledge option for me, but decided that I could justify adding one more book if a la carte was a option.

  7. - Top - End - #1057
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Xapi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    Thanks, I'll go ahead and drop him a line then. I'm currently pledged on one of the SSaDT bundles, and it's really the best default pledge option for me, but decided that I could justify adding one more book if a la carte was a option.
    Let me know how that goes, I might be interested in something like that.

    Via PM preferably (so you don't have to publicly announce what you discussed with The Giant :P)

    Edit: I'm actually at the SS&DT alone level right now
    Last edited by Xapi; 2012-01-30 at 02:57 PM.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  8. - Top - End - #1058
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    Is there a certain one you're looking at?
    I kinda keyed in on the 250 2 OoTS character original drawing and I think I could convince a couple friends to have gone in on the 600 group portrait thingamagig too but then again, they can be somewhat flaky so I dunno.

    Also was just wondering if it was all based on limited quantities/time or if there was any other reason for limiting pledge quantities that I couldn't think of at the time of my original posting.

  9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    My observation today is that the money is increasing at approximately $500 an hour, so $12,000 a day. If this continues we will hit the Don't Split the Party pledge line at approximately 1pm GMT (8am EST) on Tuesday.
    It's kicked (no pun intended) up a gear, and it's been clearing about 1K per hour for the last couple of hours. If that keeps up it might just clear today by 6 pm PST.

    Regardless of when it clears, Rich has already said that he won't update the pledge drive until later tonight as he is busy working on a certain online comic strip.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-30 at 04:06 PM.
    Vote, vote, vote, vote for the best of The Order of the Stick strips by voting in....
    The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Voting is now underway for strips #671-#680
    __________________________

    No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

  10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CloakedDancer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    It's kicked (no pun intended) up a gear, and it's been clearing about 1K per hour for the last couple of hours. If that keeps up it might just clear today by 6 pm PST.

    Regardless of when it clears, Rich has already said that he won't update the pledge drive until later tonight as he is busy working on a certain online comic strip.
    I for one am more than happy to wait for updates while the story continues. Though I do wonder what Mystery Prize #3 could be... hmm.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    69
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature Update: at the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

  11. - Top - End - #1061
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    $1/4 million reached, less than $5000 to the next goal.

  12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NerfTW's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by semi View Post
    I kinda keyed in on the 250 2 OoTS character original drawing and I think I could convince a couple friends to have gone in on the 600 group portrait thingamagig too but then again, they can be somewhat flaky so I dunno.

    Also was just wondering if it was all based on limited quantities/time or if there was any other reason for limiting pledge quantities that I couldn't think of at the time of my original posting.
    Those options have already sold out, so you're out of luck. As for the quantities, the drawings/stories are limited due to time. If Rich made them unlimited, he'd be drawing until the end of time and the strip would never update again.

    As for the books, initially all he had to sign was the quantities on hand at Ookookdook. So they were limited. Once the pledge drive allowed for reprint runs, he added more signed copies options. You can get a very clear idea of everything if you go to the Kickstarter page and click on Updates. He lays out everything pretty clearly.

  13. - Top - End - #1063
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ArtosSwiftblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Dark Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    This Kickstarter got me to stop lurking after reading since around 2005!

    We really do seem to be on track to hit the 255k level in the next 5-6 hours at this rate, which will in turn cause a big bounce as everyone ups pledges to include DsTP; then that should see us hit #3!

  14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    I didn't want to give up my current option of all the print-only books, so to help out with the additional push to the final reprint, I made another account and pledged for the print.

    Er, and then added thirty dollars, so I can begin my collection of the compilation books.

    Oh, and seven more dollars because I live in Canada.

    ...what is this pledge drive doing to my frugal nature!?

  15. - Top - End - #1065
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SweetBB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wild windswept shores
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    Those options have already sold out, so you're out of luck. As for the quantities, the drawings/stories are limited due to time. If Rich made them unlimited, he'd be drawing until the end of time and the strip would never update again.

    As for the books, initially all he had to sign was the quantities on hand at Ookookdook. So they were limited. Once the pledge drive allowed for reprint runs, he added more signed copies options. You can get a very clear idea of everything if you go to the Kickstarter page and click on Updates. He lays out everything pretty clearly.
    He's not necessarily out of luck..

    Rich has added new limited rewards several times, so there's no reason to doubt that more limited rewards will be added when we reach DStP.

    And we're almost there! Woot!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

  16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Elder Tsofu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In Arts and Crafts.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetBB View Post
    He's not necessarily out of luck..

    Rich has added new limited rewards several times, so there's no reason to doubt that more limited rewards will be added when we reach DStP.

    And we're almost there! Woot!
    But he's yet to add any custom artwork with the new updates. Not impossible it comes though, but it seem unlikely if we extrapolate from earlier additions (signed books and posters).
    Avatar drawn by Smushmuch during Draw Your Friends

  17. - Top - End - #1067
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ArtosSwiftblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Dark Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    From update #8:

    And I'm already forming plans for some new goals (and shiny new rewards) to try to keep this momentum going after DStP is funded, so expect to be tuning in right up until the final days.
    So don't give up hope of at least *something* taking your fancy. :)

  18. - Top - End - #1068
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SweetBB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wild windswept shores
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    But he's yet to add any custom artwork with the new updates. Not impossible it comes though, but it seem unlikely if we extrapolate from earlier additions (signed books and posters).
    True. But I'm still hoping for the opportunity to go all in.
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

  19. - Top - End - #1069
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chinook State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    *waits solemnly for either Tax Return or Unemployment to come in the mail so that he may finally contribute to the pledge*

    Last edited by Shonen Hero; 2012-01-30 at 04:57 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Elder Tsofu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In Arts and Crafts.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    From update #8:



    So don't give up hope of at least *something* taking your fancy. :)
    Oh, I have high hopes on what is coming. The Giant has yet to fail to deliver.
    Avatar drawn by Smushmuch during Draw Your Friends

  21. - Top - End - #1071
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    k_bukie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    I'm simply waiting for the drive to become so successful, the goals actually loop back around to the start, and we push toward re-reprinting War and XPs.

  22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    I'm a bit confused by the sheer number of different pledges available. xD

    Can someone give me a list of all the OOtS books out now?

    Also, is there a pledge option which gives you all of them? If I'm going to invest my very limited budget in buying them I don't want to only have half of them.

    Also, do they ship worldwide? Some options offer it, others don't say.

  23. - Top - End - #1073
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator
     
    WampaX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    My Cave, Atlanta, GA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
    I'm a bit confused by the sheer number of different pledges available. xD

    Can someone give me a list of all the OOtS books out now?

    Also, is there a pledge option which gives you all of them? If I'm going to invest my very limited budget in buying them I don't want to only have half of them.

    Also, do they ship worldwide? Some options offer it, others don't say.
    http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html

    After $2,500 more donations there is a strong probability there will be a pledge point for an entire set added. Everything can be shipped internationally, it just depends on what you are getting. If the reward you select doesn't include the international rate, Send a message to Rich on the Kickstarter site (link is right below The Order of the Stick Reprint Drive)

    You can use the UP TO THE SPLIT option as a good estimate of what the price point will be (+ 1 more large book).
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-01-30 at 05:57 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

  24. - Top - End - #1074
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Whiffet's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Saturn
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    I'm thinking of copying all of Wampa's posts about the Rich Baker and saving them. You know, in case the signs start coming true, so I can recognize them. Certainly not so I can start laughing a year from now while clearing out old data because I'll have forgotten after a year, no sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

  25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    I'm thinking of copying all of Wampa's posts about the Rich Baker and saving them. You know, in case the signs start coming true, so I can recognize them. Certainly not so I can start laughing a year from now while clearing out old data because I'll have forgotten after a year, no sir.
    You know, maybe that could be reward #3: Wampax's Tale. Illustrated with crayon drawings.

    Grey Wolf
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html

    After $2,500 more donations there is a strong probability there will be a pledge point for an entire set added. Everything can be shipped internationally, it just depends on what you are getting. If the reward you select doesn't include the international rate, Send a message to Rich on the Kickstarter site (link is right below The Order of the Stick Reprint Drive)

    You can use the UP TO THE SPLIT option as a good estimate of what the price point will be (+ 1 more large book).
    Ah, thank you for your help.

    So there are 4 volumes out so far, 3 side books, and of course the O-Chul short story, that about sum it up?

    For my own reference, the books are;

    Dungeon Crawlin Fools
    No Cure For the Paladin Blues
    War and XPs
    Don't Split the Party

    On the Origin of PCs
    Start of Darkness
    Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales

    This is gonna be expensive.

  27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Felixaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a flying train.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    We're a little over $1000 right now from having Dont Split the Party added... so exciting! I swear, I am not going to leave my computer for a second. I want to pull a quick-draw on some signed books!!
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

    Avatar by Dragonrider

  28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    I'm at work so can't really take the time to do the math; so could someone do me a huge favor and give me a rough cost estimate of all the OotS books minus Snips (the only one I actually own xD)?
    I run a Pokemon Wonder Trade blog now, so feel free to take a look.

  29. - Top - End - #1079
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator
     
    WampaX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    My Cave, Atlanta, GA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    I'm at work so can't really take the time to do the math; so could someone do me a huge favor and give me a rough cost estimate of all the OotS books minus Snips (the only one I actually own xD)?
    Should be $192 - 16 + 30 = 206
    based on Pick a three box and up to the split
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

  30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    I'm at work so can't really take the time to do the math; so could someone do me a huge favor and give me a rough cost estimate of all the OotS books minus Snips (the only one I actually own xD)?
    If the price for all but DStP is anything to go by, then about $220.
    Although buying them each individually seems cheaper for some reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •