New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647486388 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I noticed western union has pre-paid credit cards. Maybe You can get one that way through the Netherlands. If you know someone that lives in the US maybe they can buy a card for you and send it to you. Although with a us visa gift card, it may work better if they register it there in the states and then give you the card info and change your shipping address to you instead of them.

The gift cards work like a credit card with a set amount. So for example I bought a $100 visa card for my pledge. The one thing most people forget though is there is a processing fee. So for the $100 card I ended up paying something like $106

I've currently run out of Ideas. Mostly cause I'm too sleepy now. Better head to bed. I hope something works out for you.
    Last edited by Balain; 2012-01-31 at 02:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

He needs something he could walk into a shop and put 20 Euro on if he so needs. I dunno if an American or British card would qualify.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Since it goes through amazon.com, have you tried looking at their list of ways they accept payment? (Under "Help", I believe.) Maybe they have something that works for you.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    I couldn't find any cards from the Netherlands but Here's a quick rundown of prepaid credit cards in the UK, to give you an idea of what to look for.
    Thanks, I will need to check those cards with Dutch cards and such. I wished they accepted things like Ideal which is a big thing in the Netherlands, even though you can't really do creditcard like things with it.

But in the Netherlands apparantly it's very hard to come by prepaid giftcreditcards, probably because we don't use them that much. As far as I know, most things can be handled by paypal, Ideal or just online banking.

But I will look into the prepaid cards, thank you Playground.

And with the options abovehere, I could also ask someone with a credit card to give me their number, make the money over to them and than pledge that amount with their credit card, since simply said, I will get a mail with the shipping address and stuff.

Edit: Well, I will just go with the idea that I won't get those books. Unless I get a creditcard before the end of Februari. Thanks everyone for your help though :). Especially since I just saw my mistake, you need to put in an Amazon account, and that would be slightly unrealistic to ask someone to give me his Amazon account :)
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2012-01-31 at 02:12 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just to throw it out there, a complete Little Psion That Could book illustration would make an awesome bonus prize.
    Last edited by Joxer t' Mighty; 2012-01-31 at 02:06 AM.
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Thanks, I will need to check those cards with Dutch cards and such. I wished they accepted things like Ideal which is a big thing in the Netherlands, even though you can't really do creditcard like things with it.

But in the Netherlands apparantly it's very hard to come by prepaid giftcreditcards, probably because we don't use them that much. As far as I know, most things can be handled by paypal, Ideal or just online banking.

But I will look into the prepaid cards, thank you Playground.
    If you're willing to put a little leg work into it, I would try looking at supermarkets, drug stores and convenience stores. Those are the places that usually have them in the States.

Otherwise, Western Union is probably your best bet.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 02:10 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    If you're willing to put a little leg work into it, I would try looking at supermarkets, drug stores and convenience stores. Those are the places that usually have them in the States.

Otherwise, Western Union is probably your best bet.

Good luck.
    Apparantly Western Union is not on the list. So that one is out :(

Edit: The Netherlands is strange like that, supermarkets, drug stores etcetera have lots of things, but no credit cards. The credit card business is not so big in the Netherlands, if I wanted to find one (which I am going to try, a prepaid version I mean) I need to go to the bank.
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2012-01-31 at 02:17 AM.

Lewis Carroll

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Apparantly Western Union is not on the list. So that one is out :(

Edit: The Netherlands is strange like that, supermarkets, drug stores etcetera have lots of things, but no credit cards. The credit card business is not so big in the Netherlands, if I wanted to find one (which I am going to try, a prepaid version I mean) I need to go to the bank.
    Speaking of banks, I just found out that, apparently, Rabobank sells prepaid cards. At least I think that is what Google is trying to tell me. Might be worth trying them.

Also I would point out that these are technically prepaid debit cards. It's a fine distinction but perhaps an important one when trying to discuss this concept.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 02:22 AM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cool, its still ongoing.I've been waiting till payday to pledge. :) Still deciding what I want to go after though. That 21 days left is accurate, right?

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Bugbear in the Playground

You can find the list of cards Amazon accepts here.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Speaking of banks, I just found out that, apparently, Rabobank sells prepaid cards. At least I think that is what Google is trying to tell me. Might be worth trying them.

Also I would point out that these are technically prepaid debit cards. It's a fine distinction but perhaps an important one when trying to discuss this concept.
    Wait what?? Luckily that's my bank, so know only to find out how to get one.

I love you Porthos.

But I couldn't find it on the site. Am I that bad in Internetting :P

Lewis Carroll

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    Cool, its still ongoing.I've been waiting till payday to pledge. :) Still deciding what I want to go after though. That 21 days left is accurate, right?
    Yes it is. In fact, I don't know if Rich could close it down even if he wanted to. Which he doesn't, if his comments in are any indication

Speaking of which, Update #9 is live.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 02:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Wait what?? Luckily that's my bank, so know only to find out how to get one.

I love you Porthos.

But I couldn't find it on the site. Am I that bad in Internetting :P
    I searched for "Rabobank prepaid card" on Google and got this hit:

http://www.prepaid-creditcard.info/visa/

You'll have to tell me what it says though.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woohoo! I knew there was a good reason for staying up late tonight--just managed to snag the brand new "The Whole Story (Signed)" reward!

If anyone's interested in the $38 reward I just dropped (signed Origins), move quickly!

Edna
    choralconductorsingerprogrammermomwebdesigner

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

And Don't Split the Party just hit the threshold for a reprinting... now.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I searched for "Rabobank prepaid card" on Google and got this hit:

http://www.prepaid-creditcard.info/visa/

You'll have to tell me what it says though.
    Porthos, you are the (wo)man. It seems that in the Netherlands it's called a bit different though. Still I am going to try to get a card and pledge. Wish me luck.

Lewis Carroll

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Update is up folks, along with ADDITIONAL CRAYON DRAWINGS, GO GET THEM NOW WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.

Seriously, they come with the "every single book" package near the bottom.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Porthos, you are the (wo)man. It seems that in the Netherlands it's called a bit different though. Still I am going to try to get a card and pledge. Wish me luck.
    My Google Fu is strong.

Good Luck.

PS: And, yes, it's "man".

ETA::::

Well that was fast:

PLEDGE $305 OR MORE
    25 BACKERS SOLD OUT (0 of 25 remaining)

THE WHOLE STORY (SIGNED): One copy each of all seven published OOTS books—the entire saga in one reward, signed by the author!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 02:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

ARGLEBLARGLEFLARGLE! Those are some wicked new rewards.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-31 at 02:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    Update is up folks, along with ADDITIONAL CRAYON DRAWINGS, GO GET THEM NOW WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.

Seriously, they come with the "every single book" package near the bottom.
    I got mine!!! THIS was what I was waiting for!!!! Now I can go to sleep and have OOTSy dreams, no doubt!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
    The number of no-reward pledges has also grown slightly out of proportion to the growth of the pledge number as a whole, although it's possible that some of them will switch to a single DStP if it was the reason they pledged.
    Couldn't that just be because all the limited reward levels are fully occupied, so people can't choose them even if they wanted to? (Or they were before the update 20-odd minutes ago, anyway!).
    Last edited by factotum; 2012-01-31 at 02:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Good frickin' gawd. The total has shot up something like $8,000 in the last twenty minutes.

Wait. Did I say "$8,000"? It just jumped up another thousand in the last minute!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 02:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I love it, and thanks to everyone here, I can also pledge for my print only books .

This evening I will take care that I get them, can't wait.

Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #1134

BlackDragon

Wait. Did I say "$8,000"? It just jumped up another thousand in the last minute!
    While I was looking at it another 2 backers went for the full $575 option, and I think somebody else went for the $262 a couple of minutes later...going like a train at the moment!

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Because of people upgrading, some of autographed book packages have opened up once again.

Might be worth checking it out if one only wants one/a couple of the books signed (or the Up to the Split autograph package, as that is getting freed up as people jump on board the Whole Package option).
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 03:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Couldn't that just be because all the limited reward levels are fully occupied, so people can't choose them even if they wanted to? (Or they were before the update 20-odd minutes ago, anyway!).
    Well, yes - most of the limited reward levels are full. However, I would think that if someone wanted to pledge, say, $250 and the $250 level is full they would just pick a lower reward level and pledge over their reward instead of going for no reward at all. Unless of course none of the rewards below that level interested them, which I suppose is a possibility.

---

So far, as I predicted, pretty much the whole $222 level seems to be made up of people who switched from the $192 level (or at least, the numbers add up rather closely - there's no way to know if it's the same people). The $575 level is really tempting me, but that's too much for me

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Pixie in the Playground

So, what is the prize level I'd want if I wanted:

War & XP's
    No Cure for the Paladin Blues
    Don't Split The Party

Because right now I'm at the $79 pledge amount, and it looks like the closest one that includes all 3 would be $139, but that also includes a book I already have. Am I missing one in the middle there? If I wait, when DSTP is in full reprint, there will probably be a prize level in the $109 range that includes the exact 3 I want, right?

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ouze View Post

War & XP's
    Don't Split The Party

Because right now I'm at the $79 pledge amount, and it looks like the closest one that includes all 3 would be $139, but that also includes a book I already have. Am I missing one in the middle there? If I wait, when DSTP is in full reprint, there will probably be a prize level in the $109 range that includes the exact 3 I want, right?
    PLEDGE $78 OR MORE
    7 BACKERS
    One copy of Don't Split the Party and any one other color compilation book (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, or War and XPs), plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the world. Increase your pledge by $30 to add a third compilation. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) [New reward! Added 1/31/12.]
    Estimated Delivery: Apr 2012

My emphasis. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 03:08 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ouze View Post

War & XP's
    Don't Split The Party
    There already is one--the $78 level:

One copy of Don't Split the Party and any one other color compilation book (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, or War and XPs), plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the world. Increase your pledge by $30 to add a third compilation. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) [New reward! Added 1/31/12.]

Note this one allows you to have 3 compilation books if you add an additional $30.

[EDIT] Darn, ninja'ed!

[EDIT 2] On an unrelated note, looks like some of the crayon drawing guys at the $250 level have upgraded to the $575 package...
    Last edited by factotum; 2012-01-31 at 03:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

For those with money to burn and already have the books, I just freed up a 250+ pledge reward for the crayon drawing (Increasing my own bid to the entire series + Crayon Drawing.) Get it while its hot!