New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Top Ten? This is just completed projects below:

1 $942,578 Design
    2 $938,771 Design
    3 $830,827 Technology
    4 $556,541 Technology
    5 $486,518 Design
    6 $369,569 Design
    7 $364,698 Design
    8 $345,992 Film
    9 $306,944 Design
    10 $301,850 OOTS
    There's a currently running design project at, at last count, $754,952. So we're in 11th, at least for the next five minutes.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Is there a pledge where I can get:

Don't Split The Party
    War & XPs
    Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales

3. - Top - End - #1203

I don't believe it, there's still an unclaimed autographed DStP. Unfortunately, it's out of my price range.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I pledged, yeah, I will get the three print only books ^^.

Now only to see what is left on my card when everything is done.

Especially since I have the price in euros and the kickstarter is in Dollars.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Good googly moogly.

I go to bed at around 1 am EST last night and the Pledge amount is ~260. I check right now, about 10 hours later (after waking up) and we've broke clear through 300k.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Really you guys? Really?

That 3rd mystery prize was just thrown up as a gimmick to keep us placated as the line inches upwards over the next couple of weeks. We weren't actually supposed to reach it, it was a joke line. But now Rich'll have to come up with something else to add to the PDF.

It's like you hate him or something. You all make me sick

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-31 at 11:17 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

I must now go fiddle around with my W2 as soon as possible to see what I'm getting from my Tax Return. I'm going for the total compilation. >.>

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

It's human nature to be attracted to what's in the mystery box.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

*sits and does some quick math*

I really hope Rich adds some T-shirts or something to the options, possibly as add-ons to other levels.

That way I can go for the compilation and add 30 dollars of other stuff and then get a poster for free. >.>

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Really you guys? Really?

That 3rd mystery prize was just thrown up as a gimmick to keep us placated as the line inches upwards over the next couple of weeks. We weren't actually supposed to reach it, it was a joke line. But now Rich'll have to come up with something else to add to the PDF.

It's like you hate him or something. You all make me sick

Spoiler
    Show
    I did not pledge because of that (though I will happily accept it), I pledged since I follow OOTS as long as I play DnD and I now really want to have those stories I never have read before. I want to know how everything started and I want to read the tales from SSaDT.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tremas View Post
    Do we have an OOTS barter thread somewhere?

Something where I could say "Hey - anyone have a Belkar magnet? I'll trade you the rights to a Crayon drawing for a Belkar magnet!" etc.
    That strikes me as really dangerous. What's to stop me (unscrupulous person with nothing but a desire for a Belkar magnet) from approaching you (nice person with a Belkar magnet who wants a crayon drawing) and going "hey, let's trade!", then waiting for you to remove your pledge and taking it, leaving you with nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic View Post
    Is there a pledge where I can get:

Don't Split The Party
    War & XPs
    Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales
    Pledge $94 or more
    150 Backers

PICK THREE (OR MORE) BOX: Pick any two color compilation books (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs) and any one prequel book (On the Origin of PCs or Start of Darkness). Then add $30 for every extra compilation you want to add and $16 for every extra prequel, up to a total of 6 books. Plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Don't pick now; we'll ask you which ones you want when we collect your shipping address. (NOTE: If Don't Split the Party is being reprinted by the time the drive ends, you can pick that for your compilation, too.) Shipped anywhere in the United States (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) [New reward! Added 1/26/2012.]
    Bolding is mine.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Halfling in the Playground

Here's something I posted a little while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by keldorn View Post
    Talking about fanboy stuff, a while ago I posted

I did eventually discover four current projects that were bigger than we were at the time, but we have since passed two of those and look how close we are to running this one down. I'll produce a list of our remaining top 15 targets once I notice we have passed that one.

Oh well, I couldn't wait that long. Here are the current top 15 projects in terms of money including both completed and open projects.

1. $942,578 Design
    2. $938,771 Design
    3. $830,827 Technology
    4. $735,802 (and growing) Design
    5. $556,541 Technology
    6. $486,518 Design
    7. $369,569 Design
    8. $364,698 Design
    9. $345,992 Film and Video
    10. $306,944 Design
    11. $281,989 Design
    12. $273,725 Film and Video
    13. $262,351 Technology
    14. $259,293 Technology
    15. $257,307 Food

Thirteen of those are products which have uses, as is the one which we are running down. So we are already the third largest "arts" project. With the pent up demand for DStP as part of various packages, including signed ones, I think we will take positions 15 to 12 in a rush when we get there and become the second biggest arts project. If we get to the third bonus award, we will probably get to be in the top 10. Unless Rich has further fundraising plans that he hasn't yet mentioned, I can't see us getting to position 9 and becoming the biggest arts project at the same time.
    The biggest running project has now reached $755,280. We have reached $305,008. Something makes me think that we will become a top 10 project about the time that I manage to send Rich a message suggesting relevant t-shirts.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Sigh, why must all prospective heroes go through this stage?
    If not you, whom would do it? Would you really want to live in a world where it wasn't done, to take the consequences of your inaction?
    To let others suffer the consequences of your inaction?
    I'll gladly slay whatever ancient lurking evils threaten the very fabric of existence. But this is math.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I'll gladly slay whatever ancient lurking evils threaten the very fabric of existence. But this is math.
    The hero of mathematics, take up the shield of Laplace and the ancient sword named Division! Do your duty, fulfil your destiny and battle the numbers for the sake of us all.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

On the one hand, I'm tempted to upgrade to get the Full Story pledge.

On the other, I already have On the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness, and that's fair share of money there.

Luckily it's not limited, so I'll wait a couple days.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Bolding is mine.
    I don't think Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales counts as a prequel book.

17. - Top - End - #1217

So, by doing some eyeballing, the jump from the full reprint of War and XPs to the reprint of On the Origin of PCs was about $20,000. Since the Giant said that after Don't Split the Party, Start of Darkness would be up next, I'm thinking at the current rate we have a legitimate shot of getting enough for it to be reprinted before the next update!

We're already almost $30,000 over Don't Split the Party, and the highest base printing cost was for DStP itself, at around $80,000. Could Start of Darkness, as a short, mostly-greyscale book, really be more than half that cost? I think if we reach $315,000-ish, we'll be there! Hooray for us!
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Bolding is mine.
    You might want to re-read that--it only offers a choice of SoD or OtOoPCs for the "non-print" books, you can't get SSaDT through that pledge.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Actually no, I was talking about debit cards, as in the one I use in cash machines.
    Yes, the issue here is that debit card doesn't necessarily mean that in all places. For instance, up here in Canada, the card I use in cash machines and for electronic payment at retailers is indeed called a debit card, but I can't use it on Amazon or almost any other place online, because it uses the Interac system (that is spelled correctly) rather than being branded by a credit card company like American debit cards are. Trust me, if I could use my debit card for this, I would have grabbed one of the signed full sets of books, rather than using two accounts to get two rewards both under a hundred dollars since that's the largest Visa or MasterCard gift cards seem to come in.

(As an interesting aside, iOS autocorrects MasterCard to have the camel case.)

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic View Post
    I don't think Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales counts as a prequel book.
    ....aww, crap, you're right, it's not listed. Well, in that case, what I would do is pledge for one of the options that has two of the books you want ($68 and $78) and message Rich (on Kickstarter) asking to add the other book. When I was in your situation, he told me how much to increase my pledge by to get what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You might want to re-read that--it only offers a choice of SoD or OtOoPCs for the "non-print" books, you can't get SSaDT through that pledge.
    That's because it logically fits there -- it's one of the "thin books" so I was assuming it was a shipping thing (2 fat books, 1 thin book). Shoulda been looking at more than whether Don't Split the Party was on the list
    Last edited by Savannah; 2012-01-31 at 11:47 AM.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

21. - Top - End - #1221

MonkGuy

All the books in one fell swoop.

Goodbye money.

22. - Top - End - #1222

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    On the one hand, I'm tempted to upgrade to get the Full Story pledge.

On the other, I already have On the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness, and that's fair share of money there.

Luckily it's not limited, so I'll wait a couple days.
    If you don't want to get another copy of the prequel books, message Rich and tell him what you do want, and he should be able to point you at the right pledge and how much to increase it by.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Updated, thanks to Keldorn (finding the in-progress projects is not easy):

1 $942,578 Design
    2 $938,771 Design
    3 $830,827 Technology
    4 $755,563 Design 11 days left
    5 $556,541 Technology
    6 $486,518 Design
    7 $369,569 Design
    8 $364,698 Design
    9 $345,992 Film
    10 $306,944 Design
    11 $305,912 OOTS 21 days left

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

As kickstarter pledge grows faster and faster so does this thread . . . impossible to read fast enough :X

4 MODS: what about new (sticky) thread like "Kickstarter pledge: Q&A" or "Kickstarter: how to get combo of books x and y and z etc." or something like that?

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Ona side note, this is the third time we've broken the chart between updates. Even more amazing is the last update was only 10 hours ago.

Yep, Rich raised $40,000 in 10 hours, or $4,000 an hour.

26. - Top - End - #1226

Into the top 10, after a little more than nine days. Rock on.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

i really hope that this isnt just people messing about so it shoots down in the last few days

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

I stayed awake til the wee hours of the morning to see the new rewards and jumped my pledge up to the signed set. One slight difficulty though, I almost slept past the housing block opening for GenCon. Fortunately I made it just in time and got the hotel I wanted and now I have a complete signed set of books headed my way.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    i really hope that this isnt just people messing about so it shoots down in the last few days
    Even if there were a few like that, there is now a $43,000 buffer above the minimum needed to make some printing of all 4 books. Hundreds of donors could back out at the very last second, and all the goals would still be met.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tev View Post
    As kickstarter pledge grows faster and faster so does this thread . . . impossible to read fast enough :X

4 MODS: what about new (sticky) thread like "Kickstarter pledge: Q&A" or "Kickstarter: how to get combo of books x and y and z etc." or something like that?
    Isn't that the point of this thread?
    The Specialist PrC(WIP) An attempt to make really high skills more useful. I would love it if someone would PEACH.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Start the game in a tavern. Then have the tavern attacked by horrifically over-CRed monsters and kill them all.
    The real campaign begins when they wake up as spirits, and you pull out the Ghostwalk supplement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachasor View Post
    The sanity of DMs also varies wildly.