New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I don't mean to be a penny pincher, but alas that is what I must be in this day and age. So my question is this: People who donate then ten dollar minimum get THREE PDF comics from Rich?!???? Am I correctly comprehending what he said in his updates?

By golly man! What a deal!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Sheriff: Just a note, so that you don't think you're losing your minds, that I did remove another dozen threads for getting into legal/tax advice. Please keep in mind that giving professional advice on this forum, even when accompanied by an implicit or explicit "I'm not licensed for this" isn't permitted. Parse the publicly available data all you like, but please don't try to give Rich or other posters professional advice.

Anyway, back to the merry-making.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kracken View Post
    I don't mean to be a penny pincher, but alas that is what I must be in this day and age. So my question is this: People who donate then ten dollar minimum get THREE PDF comics from Rich?!???? Am I correctly comprehending what he said in his updates?

I am terribly sorry, but you are wrong. A $10 donation will not get you three PDF comics. It will get you five.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-01-31 at 01:20 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

$10 = Roy Magnet, O'Chul story, 3x $1,250 stories, Julio Scoundrel story, Dim Sun story & (possibly) the 3rd Mystery Prize.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-31 at 01:22 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Nope, you get 6 pdf comics (How the Paladin Got his Scar, the 3 from the pledges, Julio Scoundrel, and Dim Sun)
    Last edited by Savannah; 2012-01-31 at 01:22 PM.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I wonder if we managed to catch the Giant unprepared by cracking $300K before noon today.

It got kicked around early, and I hate to hope, but it seems more and more reasonable that a print collection of the Kickstarter comics could be totally feasible. There are now 6 short comics, plus the "chart comics", plus I'm sure a wealth of material for commentary on the process of running one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time. Plenty of material, and what is looking like plenty of funding for another book. He did declare the next compilation out of the question, but he did not say that another book was impossible.

For the record, I would easily be willing to bump up my pledge by $25-$30 for this hypothetical book. (And I just made sure I refreshed KS to see if I had been ninja'd by the Giant while posting this.)

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would really like to give some money :/ But no credit card here. Why do people always conspire against poor creditcardless me. Paypal would be really nice.
    Two rules get you through life:
    1. If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it.
    2. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, duct tape it

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    But of course a lot of the pledge rewards are deferred rewards, in that Rich will just give away ~1000 newly printed books away for free, rather than have to pony up in advance, but that still comes out as a loss.
    I suspect that the price of the rewards protect some of the margins that the Giant is working with. I'm sure he's making money on this somehow. Plus a lot of people are paying premiums for things with little cash value (notwithstanding time = money) such as signatures, a cameo in the OotS and pdfs.

Either way, I hope Rich is making a profit off of this. It'd be a shame to have raised $300K+ and have contributed nothing to replenishing the author's coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouregard View Post
    I would really like to give some money :/ But no credit card here. Why do people always conspire against poor creditcardless me. Paypal would be really nice.
    Some of the other forumites were discussing pledging with a Debit card. I'm not sure if the process for that is different than using a Credit card. Can anyone illuminate?
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-31 at 01:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post

Some of the other forumites were discussing pledging with a Debit card. I'm not sure if the process for that is different than using a Credit card. Can anyone illuminate?
    For me it wasn't because that's my default way of using it, but apparently being able to use debit cards on Amazon isn't something that works in all countries.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

A debit card might be better thought of as a check card - it can be swiped or used online like a credit card, but instead of drawing on a line of credit, it deductible funds straight from an account, as if you'd paid with a check. If your bank doesn't issue them, you can buy them at many retailers - Visa-branded "gift cards" are, in mechanical terms, just debit cards that draw on a limited, specially created account that contains whatever cash you spent on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    For me it wasn't because that's my default way of using it, but apparently being able to use debit cards on Amazon isn't something that works in all countries.
    Yep, from Germany I can only use Credit Cards.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

So you can't just use your cash machine card to buy stuff online/with a card machine in shops? How odd.

13. - Top - End - #1243

PaladinGuy

Can you get access to a prepaid credit card? It's basically just a Visa or Mastercard licensed piece of plastic that you can load money into just like a bank account, and then use that online. Cheque cashing stores sometimes sell them.

Are things like these an option at all? (I don't speak german, so I apologize if that link goes to just a regular credit card as opposed to a prepaid gift card that functions like a credit card on-line.)

Perhaps this is a better link.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-31 at 01:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So you can't just use your cash machine card to buy stuff online/with a card machine in shops? How odd.
    I can use them for online purchases but only with a system called Ideal. That's immediatly deducted from my bankaccount, a nice little thing it is.

You can buy prepaid creditcards online. Mastercard if I'm correct or maybe visa, in the Netherlands it's called Visa V3 maybe it's something like that in Germany also. I use it now :). And I was succesfull in pledging with it, so it's possible
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Star View Post
    Isn't that the point of this thread?
    Both this thread and comments section on kickstarter is getting A LOT posts just commenting the whole kickstarter pledge . . . something separate just for Q&A would make things less cluttered.

I don't have this problem myself, but imagine how would someone who doesn't read this thread every 2 hours or so feel when he has to ask for something - same questions get asked&answered again and again, thus even more spamming this thread/comments.

Or you think that one-thread-rules-them-all with one new page/hour (recently) is ok?

16. - Top - End - #1246

I can but not via amazon.com. we (have to) use amazon.de. the problem for me is to have to use amazon.com I created a new account because it didn't recognize the german one and tried to pay for it but I can only pick Credit Card as payment option.

Had the same problem a few years back before ookoodook.com started offering payment via paypal, luckily I found someone on ebay who shipped me most of the then released books, however he didn't quite understood my warning about german customs regulations and thus my few books where delayed for nearly 3 months...

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    I can use them for online purchases but only with a system called Ideal. That's immediatly deducted from my bankaccount, a nice little thing it is.

I can but not via amazon.com. we (have to) use amazon.de. the problem for me is to have to use amazon.com I created a new account because it didn't recognize the german one and tried to pay for it but I can only pick Credit Card as payment option.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    As a fellow German I can say: We use them all the time, just Kickstarter/Amazon won't let us pledge with them.
    Well know I know.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-31 at 02:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

As a fellow German I can say: We use them all the time, just Kickstarter/Amazon won't let us pledge with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouregard
    the problem for me is to have to use amazon.com I created a new account because it didn't recognize the german one and tried to pay for it but I can only pick Credit Card as payment option.
    That's odd, it accepted mine without any questions asked.
    Last edited by Firemeier; 2012-01-31 at 02:02 PM.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

But Kobold-Bard a credit card is not so big in my country, too much of a hassle apparantly we prefer less borrowing and more direct payment.

Lewis Carroll

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, in Sweden we also use debit cards, it just says visa (or somesuch) on them. Sure the credit cards looks all the same and the only real difference is what you've decided with your bank about credit (0 is an option).
    I'm relieved to live here when I see how it is so close to home.

21. - Top - End - #1251

PaladinGuy

But Kobold-Bard a credit card is not so big in my country, too much of a hassle apparantly we prefer less borrowing and more direct payment.
    I'd drink to that. Cheers!

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Well I can't speak for the rest of my country (mostly because the state of most of the people in it's finances suggests they do in fact love borrowing other people's money & then not giving it back) but I personally agree with you.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holy crap... just when it looked to be slowing down and settling around a Don't Split the Party full reprint we break through the 300k barrier like it's nothing- and I haven't even raised my pledge to "The Whole Story" yet!

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oooh, important question: does the Amazon account have to be a .com account or will a .de account suffice? (If I were to just order something on Amazon to Austria, I'd do it via the German Amazon site as there's no separate Austrian site.)
    (Sub-question: Does Amazon.com recognise an Amazon.de account or would I have to create an extra account? I have no Amazon account yet to try it with. As you might have guessed, I'm bit confused )

25. - Top - End - #1255

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    Oooh, important question: does the Amazon account have to be a .com account or will a .de account suffice? (If I were to just order something on Amazon to Austria, I'd do it via the German Amazon site as there's no separate Austrian site.)
    (Sub-question: Does Amazon.com recognise an Amazon.de account or would I have to create an extra account? I have no Amazon account yet to try it with. As you might have guessed, I'm bit confused )
    My first post about not being able to use my .de account seems to be an error on my part (I curse you caps lock!) it works fine now. However you will only be able to use a credit card as a payment option.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Just when I thought the momentum was slowing down...

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Okay, seriously people. Maybe pause for a moment and wait for the next goal to be announced, eh?

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Hm, in Sweden we also use debit cards, it just says visa (or somesuch) on them. Sure the credit cards looks all the same and the only real difference is what you've decided with your bank about credit (0 is an option).
    I'm relieved to live here when I see how it is so close to home.
    We can do the same, but you need to pay for the pleasure of using that option (mastercard in my case). Since I mostly never use it (even though I needed it now) I do not order it.

Lewis Carroll

29. - Top - End - #1259

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Okay, seriously people. Maybe pause for a moment and wait for the next goal to be announced, eh?
    They tried that once, and the corresponding graph came out looking pretty ugly. 45 degrees just doesn't make for an attractive line and it was getting pretty close

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Where's the fun in that when we can surprise the Giant with Start of Darkness getting a reprint?
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.