New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152536893 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Where's the fun in that when we can surprise the Giant with Start of Darkness getting a reprint?
    Oh he already knows. He's sat at his computer trying to summon the courage to make a new update, begging whatever deity he believes in that the madness will stop because he's run out of graph jokes.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I say we try and pass the 4th mystery prize line before Mr. Burlew can even add it.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    We can do the same, but you need to pay for the pleasure of using that option (mastercard in my case). Since I mostly never use it (even though I needed it now) I do not order it.
    Ah ok, well the banks around here seem to more or less abolished the other cards a few years back (my mother held hers for 5 years until she wanted to pay over the net and was forced to change). Like cheques, almost alien technology today. (you're going to pay me with that? *snigger*)

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, so we're very nearly $30,000 over the last book-related goal. Any speculation on how much reprinting SoD would cost? We've got to be close, right?

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andious View Post
    I say we try and pass the 4th mystery prize line before Mr. Burlew can even add it.
    I agree with this! I've already upped my pledge to help with this goal (while I've already got it, Snip, Snails, and Dragon Tales would make a great gift for my friend).

I really wish I could ask the Giant, "So, if some kind of Future Psychic had told you when you started this thing that you'd have close to $325,000 before February even starts, what would you have said?"

What monster hath the Giant unleashed?

EDIT: Oh, and today is already the highest-earning day in the drive so far: days 1 and 2 were both a little under $50,000. We're already over that, and still climbing!
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-01-31 at 02:43 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Not likely, since he'll probably add it to a point higher than the current amount raised when he does the update.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

In an effort to save on international shipping a friend and I were considering getting a total of 10 books

1* OTOPCs 1* SOD 1* DCF 1* NCFTPB 2*WAXPs 2* DPTP 2*SSADTS plus 2 magnets - can anyone see a way this is possible with just one package?

Or should we wait and see if an option to select as many books as you want is added? Or mail Rich? I'm loath to contact him directly as his mailbox must be overflowing and I'd like to give him as little work as possible

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yes !

What's truly impressive now is the continuing progress of the pledge total and the number of backers, not only in spite of the fact we are well over the highest goal, but also in spite everyone knowing that mystery prize #3 and new rewards are going to be announced. Folks aren't even waiting for those news before pledging !

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gah, I was only gone for a day and it already looks like we'll reach the next 500 backer increase before tonight! I expected it to be over 280,000 when I checked, but I wasn't expecting over 310,000.

I suppose we should avoid speculating too much on Mystery Prize #3 just in case one of us gets it right.

EDIT: As expected, pretty much everyone in the $192 category has now defected to the $222. Although clearly there have also been a fair number of new backers at the full run level.
    Last edited by Exediron; 2012-01-31 at 03:00 PM. Reason: To add information

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by el-pietro View Post
    In an effort to save on international shipping a friend and I were considering getting a total of 10 books

1* OTOPCs 1* SOD 1* DCF 1* NCFTPB 2*WAXPs 2* DPTP 2*SSADTS plus 2 magnets - can anyone see a way this is possible with just one package?

Or should we wait and see if an option to select as many books as you want is added? Or mail Rich? I'm loath to contact him directly as his mailbox must be overflowing and I'd like to give him as little work as possible

PICK THREE (OR MORE) BOX: Pick any two color compilation books (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs) and any one prequel book (On the Origin of PCs or Start of Darkness). Then add $30 for every extra compilation you want to add and $16 for every extra prequel, up to a total of 6 books. Plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Don't pick now; we'll ask you which ones you want when we collect your shipping address. (NOTE: If Don't Split the Party is being reprinted by the time the drive ends, you can pick that for your compilation, too.) Shipped anywhere in the United States (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) [New reward! Added 1/26/2012.]
    That's the closest I've found. Doesn't cover SSaDT or the second magnet, though. Should be doable to message him on Kickstarter and ask how much to increase and add two copies of SSaDT and an extra magnet for it.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    We can do the same, but you need to pay for the pleasure of using that option (mastercard in my case). Since I mostly never use it (even though I needed it now) I do not order it.
    At one point banks in the States also charged for Visa/MasterCard stamped Debit Cards, but as banks competed for customers, and cashed in on transaction fees, they did away with all those fees.

In fact, these days most of us get "Rewards" as cash back from using our credit cards, with a % based on the branding, so someone who for example has an Amazon branded credit card gets 3% back of all money spent on Amazon.

Not coincidentally, that 3-5% is the additional premium which Amazon, or any credit card company, charges merchants.

So for this drive, for say a $100 pledge, Kickstarter takes $5, Amazon takes $3.20 and gives their Amazon branded customers a $3 credit.

Hopefully for The Giant's sake, Amazon will treat the drive as a single merchant volume transaction, which would mean they'd give him a 1% discount, which on say $500k will net an extra $5k, though that may be a wash with international credit cards costing an extra 1% on top of those numbers:

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/about?nodeId=6022
    Last edited by VinRaven; 2012-01-31 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Forgot a k...

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Where's the fun in that when we can surprise the Giant with Start of Darkness getting a reprint?
    My purely eyeball guess for a SoD reprint is ≈ 30.5K (1.5 * Origins). So ≈ 313.6K or there abouts.

*pause*

We passed that a few minutes ago.

Even if it is 5K more (some color pages, page count, increased number of copies, et etc), the drive should pass that within the next two hours at the current clip.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 03:09 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

That's the closest I've found. Doesn't cover SSaDT or the second magnet, though. Should be doable to message him on Kickstarter and ask how much to increase and add two copies of SSaDT and an extra magnet for it.
    very much appreciated - worst case scenario we could add a seperate magnet on its own - 10 dollars and would ensure we both had our own set of the pdfs and werent just sharing them

14. - Top - End - #1274

I think it's very likely that the next update is about the creator breakdown suffered from being unable to keep up with rewards, mistery prizes and print objectives.

It would probably feature the phrase "You people are f*ing crazy".
    Nothing to see here, move along.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

I prefer enthusiastic...

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    My purely eyeball guess for a SoD reprint is ≈ 30.5K (1.5 * Origins). So ≈ 313.6K or there abouts.

*pause*

We passed that a few minutes ago.

Even if it is 5K more (some color pages, page count, increased number of copies, et etc), the drive should pass that within the next two hours at the current clip.
    Yeah . . . I think we have reached the "Here there be dragons" part of the chart.

As in, this level was inconceivable.
    Pretty soon we'll bust through the goal for reprinting Dungeon Crawling Fools, the only book not on the chart (after Start of Darkness) and up for reprinting (Snips isn't . . . at this time).
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-01-31 at 03:13 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Yeah . . . I think we have reached the "Here there be dragons" part of the chart.

As in, this level was inconceivable.
    Pretty soon we'll bust through the goal for reprinting Dungeon Crawling Fools, the only book not on the chart (after Start of Darkness).
    What I want to know is if we'll bust through the chart so much that we have to come back through the bottom again.

In other words, it might be funny if enough people pledge to cause a second round of reprints for W&XP, NCftPB, et etc.

(OK, sure, if Rich needs to, I'm sure he'll just up the print count of the books in question. But it'd still be funny if he had to do a another print run in the middle of this drive to still have enough to send out to retailers. )

====

As to not Double Post:

ETA:

Well, this might help get the word out:

'Order of the Stick' Webcomic Raises Over $250,000 in 8 Days For Reprints

Anyone know just how High Profile Comic Alliance is?
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 03:22 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

Fairly high. It's not one of the biggest news sites for comics, but it's fairly well known.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

19. - Top - End - #1279

What I want to know is if we'll bust through the chart so much that we have to come back through the bottom again.

In other words, it might be funny if enough people pledge to cause a second round of reprints for W&XP, NCftPB, et etc.

(OK, sure, if Rich needs to, I'm sure he'll just up the print count of the books in question. But it'd still be funny if he had to do a another print run in the middle of this drive to still have enough to send out to retailers. )
    As funny as that might be, I doubt it: a full print run probably involves printing a couple hundred thousand copies. Our meager four-thousand copies won't really scratch that, even if everyone was getting a book (which about a quarter aren't).
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyone know just how High Profile Comic Alliance is?
    I've been linked to stories there before from comicbookresources.com. It isn't low profile but it isn't D&D oriented at all.

I guess the next cool milestone is 5,000 backers: at the moment there are 4,658 Backers
    Last edited by jmucchiello; 2012-01-31 at 03:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bouregard View Post
    My first post about not being able to use my .de account seems to be an error on my part (I curse you caps lock!) it works fine now. However you will only be able to use a credit card as a payment option.
    Good to know, thanks for the answer I already knew that a credit card is the only payment option, but I wasn't at all sure how Amazon (and therefore Kickstarter) handles its accounts.

I'd love to know what Haley could afford by now. There should at least be Gloves of Dexterity +6 and +8 bracers for the whole party in it by now, I think…

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Fairly high. It's not one of the biggest news sites for comics, but it's fairly well known.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    I've been linked to stories there before from comicbookresources.com. It isn't low profile but it isn't D&D oriented at all.

I guess the next cool milestone is 5,000 backers: at the moment there are 4,658 Backers
    Well if it's a D&D audience we're talking about, who wants to be the first person to risk Slashdotting this drive by drawing their attention to all of this?

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

And we are top 10, and hello mystery prize #3 :D It would be so cool if we could hit a half million.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Heh, I pledged 77 Dollar a while ago for the print only package and promised myself that if it would ever get to the "What the hell: buy 'em all"-phase, that I would actually do it. Just because I am sincerely excited about this thing. Rich has given so much, and I haven't actually reciprocated, so this seems like a good moment to do so. The vibe is there, and I actually feel it: I never ordered a book because I've been a student for almost a decade and shipping one to Europe is about as expensive as the book itself. Now, I have a job, so what the hell, hm?

Now it seems we might actually reach that phase at some point, and I am happy about that. However, I haven't told my fiancee about it. Yet...

Let's keep this up, and I am bound to up the pledge by ~200 dollars! .
    It is done. And she was okay with it. Yay me.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations!

26. - Top - End - #1286

Since we've probably already funded a Start of Darkness reprint, our next goal should be a third of a million before the next update. Maybe if this gets big enough, it won't just be comics websites that pick up on this, but the big news-outlets. Wouldn't that be cool to see a story about OotS (even if it's only a brief mention) on something like CNN or Fox?
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-01-31 at 04:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Well if it's a D&D audience we're talking about, who wants to be the first person to risk Slashdotting this drive by drawing their attention to all of this?
    Get it on Reddit, too. I hear they kind of like RPGs there.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

I'm amazed at how much money we have raised in such a short time, with this pledge drive I'll be able to complete my OOTS collection, the only two books I was missing was Wars and XP's and Don't Split the Party, I have all of the others. This will be a late birthday gift to me. Thanks Rich and all of the people who pledged what they could you guys are great!
    Last edited by yukina; 2012-01-31 at 04:15 PM.
    Me like Thog, puppies and fudge ripple ice cream and sprinkles! I have an Ax and I'm not afraid to use it!

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Get it on Reddit, too. I hear they kind of like RPGs there.
    I was looking, but I didn't find a D&D subreddit. Will look for something related...
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    I was looking, but I didn't find a D&D subreddit. Will look for something related...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/rpg