New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Since we've probably already funded a Start of Darkness reprint, our next goal should be a third of a million before the next update. Maybe if this gets big enough, it won't just be comics websites that pick up on this, but the big news-outlets. Wouldn't that be cool to see a story about OotS (even if it's only a brief mention) on something like CNN or Fox?
    A few days ago (Thursday or Friday) I read an article about Kickstarter in the New York Times. Unfortunately there was no mention of this particular fundraiser, as the article was printed before the funds raised reached obscene leevls.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Last edited by MaximKat; 2012-01-31 at 04:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    This is important! Everyone go and upvote this! Sign up for an account if you have to. It's the only way enough people will see it to make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Worth clicking through that to see the Giant's reply on why he doesn't sell PDFs/digital versions. Might be common knowledge to some forum goers, but I'm new to actually being on the forums.

P.S. - I just created a reddit account, something I actively sworn I would not do, but am willing to temporarily lift that ban to try and gain further support for this.
    Last edited by bjornthedwarf; 2012-01-31 at 04:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this point, I wonder if the Giant is tapped out on limited rewards, seeing as he's already signing near 1000 limited copies, and every book has been on the table for a limited signed copy. One would have to figure that this would be the point where the drive reaches saturation.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    The rpg subreddit, of course! /facepalm.

I tried posting one in r/comics when the drive started and it got zero attention.

p.s. upvoted:p

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

And we're on the frontpage of /r/rpg!

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED BY ALL THE NEW REWARDS. Do any of them stack? I already have two skinny books! I want War and XPs and Don't Split the Party rather than the other two! And I feel like a cruddy fan for saying that! If I pledge $45, as I was originally going to do, will I get WXP and DStP? /headdesk/ There are too many options and it's hurting my fragile brain! I only have a 15 Int score! Help, please.
    Chairman of the Therkla Memorial Center for the Rehabilitation of Evil NPCs (One-eyed Goblins Welcome!)

"Let us remember her, not as a delusional sociopath with some form of abandonment/betrayal issues and a tendency towards narcissism, but as someone who loved, and who felt she was worthy of love." - deworde

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is me lilting at windmills, but I can't help but notice that the difference between the DSTP reprint and Prize 3 looks almost identical to the difference between WaXP and Origins. Just saying, purely theoretically, that is. A book of the pledge comics could happen. I can dream.
    !

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWizard17 View Post
    I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED BY ALL THE NEW REWARDS. Do any of them stack? I already have two skinny books! I want War and XPs and Don't Split the Party rather than the other two! And I feel like a cruddy fan for saying that! If I pledge $45, as I was originally going to do, will I get WXP and DStP? /headdesk/ There are too many options and it's hurting my fragile brain! I only have a 15 Int score! Help, please.
    Here's what you want:

PLEDGE $78 OR MORE
    53 BACKERS
    One copy of Don't Split the Party and any one other color compilation book (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, or War and XPs), plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the world. Increase your pledge by $30 to add a third compilation. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) [New reward! Added 1/31/12.]
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

With 20 days to go, $500,000 seems a little lowball... I think we might see SEVEN DIGITS!

It will be a close thing near the end, but I wouldn't really be surprised!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Generally, the only things you get for a certain pledge level is what's actually listed at that level (with the exception of the PDFs, which go to anyone that's getting any sort of reward). For your case, the $78 pledge gives you DStP and any one other compilation book (including WaXPs), that'll be your best bet.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

No, they don't stack (aside from the pdf coming with anything over $10). However, if you can't find the exact combination you want, you can always select the closest option and message Rich on Kickstarter, asking to add whatever books aren't included. He'll tell you how much to add to your pledge to get what you want. (Looks like SaintRidley found what you wanted, so you won't need to bother!)
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Here's what you want:
    Thank you! I hope my bank account can take it . . .
    Chairman of the Therkla Memorial Center for the Rehabilitation of Evil NPCs (One-eyed Goblins Welcome!)

"Let us remember her, not as a delusional sociopath with some form of abandonment/betrayal issues and a tendency towards narcissism, but as someone who loved, and who felt she was worthy of love." - deworde

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Pixie in the Playground

I've got to say congratulations to Order Of The Stick, and all the fans! What you guys are doing on kickstarter is absolutely amazing!!!

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm staggered by what I'm seeing.

Now if only I wasn't a poor unemployed wannabe writer, I'd have love to buy one of those top of the line pledges.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    With 20 days to go, $500,000 seems a little lowball... I think we might see SEVEN DIGITS!

It will be a close thing near the end, but I wouldn't really be surprised!
    You assume the rate is sustainable. I kind of doubt it, but I've been surprised so far!

19. - Top - End - #1309

DwarfFighterGuy

We're probably getting pretty close to another SoD print run at this point, even before Rich has formally listed that goal. I wonder if he'll keep making new goals, or just say "hey guys, I don't really have anything left to take your money for."

20. - Top - End - #1310

I made this over four hours this morning:

http://ootskickstarterinfo.deviantar...n-31-282500806

It has all the current reward info up to $85
    Last edited by WNxArrakis; 2012-01-31 at 05:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by WNxArrakis View Post

You forgot the three pdfs (characters picked by the $1250 donors), which get distributed to everyone donating $10 or more.

That's right, you get SIX pdfs and a fridge magnet for 10 bucks.
    Last edited by Connington; 2012-01-31 at 05:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't know if any of this is old news, but I figured I'd share my questions for/answers from Rich:
    I have two unrelated questions:

1.) Any idea whether the PDF stories (besides O-Chul's) will be in greyscale or full-color? Or will it vary?

2.) Are there any plans to add the OOTS board game as a pledge reward? I've been meaning to buy the Deluxe Edition, and if there's a chance it'll be added as a reward I'll definitely up my pledge.

Thanks!
    1.) They'll vary. O-Chul will be in blue, Julio will be in grey, and I haven't decided about the others yet. Dim Sun is leaning toward full color, but the "backer-created" stories will depend on what they choose.

2.) Maybe, but the game is tied in with APE Games, meaning that I have to split any profit with them for each copy. That makes it potentially complicated.

Thanks for writing!

--Rich
    And thanks for answering. (I'd rather not flood him with anymore messages.)
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

23. - Top - End - #1313

Quote Originally Posted by Connington View Post
    You forgot the three pdfs (characters picked by the $1250 donors), which get distributed to everyone donating $10 or more.

That's right, you get SIX pdfs and a fridge magnet for 10 bucks.
    I will add them to the next update. For the effort it takes, I'll wait for Rich's next update with Mysterious #3 et al.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I probably would have formatted that vertically instead of horizontally.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will add them to the next update. For the effort it takes, I'll wait for Rich's next update with Mysterious #3 et al.
    Although it would probably be a bit too much effort for you at this point, I might also suggest making it vertical, instead of horizontal. In my experience, if scrolling is required, people prefer vertical scrolling.

EDIT: Darn ninjas. I never see 'em coming!
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-01-31 at 06:04 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

26. - Top - End - #1316

Actually, each of the levels are their own layer; it may not be hard to do.

27. - Top - End - #1317

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    As funny as that might be, I doubt it: a full print run probably involves printing a couple hundred thousand copies. Our meager four-thousand copies won't really scratch that, even if everyone was getting a book (which about a quarter aren't).
    I suspect a full print run is closer to 5 digits than 6, and at the low end of that. If I had to throw out a range, I'd say probably 10-25K copies, and maybe lower. Printing these books definitely costs more than a couple bucks, and Rich doesn't make a huge profit on the store / Oododook prices.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

The $25 tier should have "Add Money/Choose Something". You can add-on one more book to the Print.

29. - Top - End - #1319

The $62 level does not give you the option to get SSaDT.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, just looking at the money raised so far, there's enough to do a SoD already. wow.

Shouldn't someone edit kickstarter wiki page? We've overtaken the Coffee Joulies by now. And maybe the OoTS page too.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show