New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455567196 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    ...once again, things are more awesome when Flame says them, because you hear them in gandalf-voice.
    Well, hrmph, I'm honored, young hobbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I be a dwarf you daft fool!
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-31 at 10:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

No more PDF's? Aww I was at least hoping that if we broke into the top ten we would get all the charts as a pdf.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    This is awesome! Also, I'm probably going to up my pledge just for all the content I'm getting. The Giant could be selling it all as another SSDT for how large it's grown, but instead he's giving it to us for a mere ten dollars. Awesome! So yeah. This drive is ruining my frugal nature too.

Also, I'm dying for the next update. I wanna see what the Belkster has to say about all this.
    I feel the same way, it's just ridiculous how many pages Rich is going to give everyone for $10! Of course I could consider this is paid for by the generosity of other backers, particularly those at the $1250 level. But since I can afford to pay for my own, I think I just ought to. It's just so weird to find out something you buy is way too cheap...
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2012-01-31 at 10:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    No more PDF's? Aww I was at least hoping that if we broke into the top ten we would get all the charts as a pdf.
    What do you mean? The latest prize is a PDF.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I want to pledge to this kickstarter so badly but I can't afford it until my paycheck goes through...

When the total was at 40k, I thought the money was coming in at light speed. Even though the past day has seen faster growth that that, I didn't realize exactly how fast it was. What's 50k compared to 300k, am I right? Then, I saw the near-vertical line on today's graph. I think my mind is purposefully going through a block to prevent me from believing it. If I truly comprehended it, I'm pretty sure my brain would explode.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I love how the latest edition to the graph looks VERTICAL.

It's awesome.

@MoonCat: Sir Francois is going to be the last pdf mystery prize is what he meant. No mystery prizes after this will be of pdf nature, just because there's getting to be so many.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Huh, SoD is going to cost more than we thought it would. Of course, that just means a few hours of delay, but still.

Alas, things are probably going to slow down again, despite the update title. Hopefully we'll at least a merchandise prize. And it'd be pretty awesome if we cracked 400k.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I don't have money to pledge (i can't bring myself to pledge only ten dollars...!) but with the addition of this pdf... i did not read SoD, OoPCs, SSaDT but now it is impossible to resist. I shall buy the print only package.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

There's absolutely no shame in $10. Don't pledge more than you can afford; awesome as OotS is, it's not something you should have financial difficulties over.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    @MoonCat: Sir Francois is going to be the last pdf mystery prize is what he meant. No mystery prizes after this will be of pdf nature, just because there's getting to be so many.
    I totally didn't realize that meant no more. Aww, that is too bad. Oh well! I just hope that means he'll add more cheap options for merch, since I love to pay more for awesome stuff.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can see where he or she is coming from - getting seven stories for ten dollars is starting to feel like robbery.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Bugbear in the Playground

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

It's getting faster. This is crazy, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Don't worry hehe, i will just have to switch around some of the money i was going to spend on miscellaneous things in february to buy these (not going to do any shady business ) these pdf's are worth much more then 10 dollars, i just needed a nudge to buy the print books. But i have to wait 10 days or so to pledge.

The reason i can't pledge only 10 dollars is because i would be kicking myself in the future when i decide to buy the books anyway.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hey guys? I think we're breaking the kickstarter site.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alagaesian View Post
    I want to pledge to this kickstarter so badly but I can't afford it until my paycheck goes through...
    Amazon doesn't take the money out of your account until Feb. 21. As long as you have 10 bucks in your account by that date you'll be fine. There's no need to wait before pledging, as long as you're sure you can make the amount by the 21st!

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Pixie in the Playground

SEVEN comics?!?

SEVEN comics?!? Seriously?!?

Actually, no, let's count the graphs as a comic too, there's definitely a story going on in there now.

EIGHT comics?!?

We're getting EIGHT comics now?!?

Starting to think I should give up hoping for the idea I keep hoping for.

... no, seriously, that's a question I'm asking here: Mr. Burlew, should I assume at this point you probably won't be offering a short maybe one-page comic of a background character as a possible reward at some point?

Because you're, um, you're kinda being, far more generous than I think anyone would ever dream of asking here...

... seriously, EIGHT comics?!?

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    Hey guys? I think we're breaking the kickstarter site.
    Good. Maybe then they'll be forced to acknowledge the behemoth in the room and plug Rich in their front page.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We're already pretty spoiled by all the PDF rewards we get, even for a $10 pledge, but I also see that there are going to be 65 people getting an original crayon drawing with any 2 characters they choose "comically interacting" as part of their reward (those are sold out, damnit).

Can I just ask, on behalf of the 4700+ of us who didn't get that reward, that those of you who get this reward please scan and upload their picture. It would be great if we could compile a PDF of all 65 of them...

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

$329k and counting!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I vote to add Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails to the reprint drive. The book was so good that it needs to be reprinted so everyone can get access to it. I do not mind it being reprinted even though I own a copy.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

I be a dwarf you daft fool!
    Fool of a Turk!
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    We're already pretty spoiled by all the PDF rewards we get, even for a $10 pledge, but I also see that there are going to be 65 people getting an original crayon drawing with any 2 characters they choose "comically interacting" as part of their reward (those are sold out, damnit).

Can I just ask, on behalf of the 4700+ of us who didn't get that reward, that those of you who get this reward please scan and upload their picture. It would be great if we could compile a PDF of all 65 of them...
    Amen to that! I would LOVE to see all the drawings that Rich will do.

25. - Top - End - #1375

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I can see where he or she is coming from - getting seven stories for ten dollars is starting to feel like robbery.
    He's writing the stories anyway, so the only difference if whether he'll have your ten dollar or not.

Also, I can't believe my eyes. Is it speeding up?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-01-31 at 11:14 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Kickstarter request.

Rich,

I vote to add Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails to the reprint drive. The book was so good that it needs to be reprinted so everyone can get access to it. I do not mind it being reprinted even though I own a copy.

Also, as someone said, we would all love to see scans of the pictures that you are going to draw for the contributors. ~grins~ Hey, it can't hurt to ask.

And last but not least, can we also have the OotS Kickstarter graphs added to the final PDF batch?

Thanks for answering these questions / requests Rich. Yes or No, we all appreciate what you are doing for us. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Sharoth
    Last edited by Sharoth; 2012-01-31 at 11:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Fool of a Turk!
    Ok, you win an internet. And a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Serphimera View Post
    I participated!
    I hope you don't mind me stealing your avatar idea.Mine could use an update.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, you win an internet. And a cookie.
    Thanks! Have a firework!

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    He's writing the stories anyway, so the only difference if whether he'll have ten dollar or not.
    Ah, but if they feel bad about it, they may up their pledge, as I did, and then we all win.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est