New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Achievement Unlocked: Wallpapers.

Do we have to stop posting on this thread now it's at 1500 posts?
    When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Avatar designed by the talented Ceika

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    And 'whatever else' just happened: wallpapers, stickers and a notebook seem to be well within reach if you go for this package. I was actually quite amazed upon reading the new rewards. I live in Europe and went for the 222 (+37) 'all of them' reward and was happy enough to recieve what you just described. Seriously, Mr. Burlew, stop it now. I am getting more than enough value for my money. I was happy to send some your way, but now I am almost starting to feel as if I am taking more than I am giving.
    Same here. I don't dream that Rich has time to read this monster thread, as we're giving him plenty of work as it is. But, just in case: Seriously, man, for a bonus, just the wallpapers alone (10 or more? No kidding?) are PLENTY.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    Achievement Unlocked: Wallpapers.

Do we have to stop posting on this thread now it's at 1500 posts?
    It's probably OK as long as we switch to the new one whenever it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If each of the bonus comics are 10 pages long (the promised average length for the purchased bonus stories, so it's a workable guess), that's 70+ pages of comic, almost as long as OtOoPCs.

5. - Top - End - #1505

I'm kinda scared now that a few people mentioned several people removing their pledges in the last minute.

But I quite like the comment about sense and reason.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Me too. I never really understood the logic of making those materials limited edition, especially now that there will be a second Julio Scoundrel story.
    I'm certain he's going to have some plan so that others will be able to read these stories. He may or may not have one right now, and bothering him about it will just make things worse, but I'd wager my trust in him that he'll one day come up with something, even if that isn't for a few years.

I will, however, bravely argue with him if he somehow transforms into a monster and says he's never allowing anyone to read these stories ever again and demands we mail back or burn our own copies, sending out armored guards to-okay now I'm being silly.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm pretty sure this thread has hit overflow. Those wallpapers were just worth talking about! So many bonus rewards! It's awesome.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Pixie in the Playground

And just remember MoonCat, that currently it'll take a MASSIVE amount of pull-out to affect any of the books currently not in print.

If we'd been well publicised from the start etc, you could probably expect trolls and griefers; instead I think we have basically D and D fans committed to the comic and its success.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant in update #11
    Hopefully, by the time we reach that last goal, I'll have gotten my estimate back from the printer and can put up the next big goal/incentive, which I think you're going to like.
    I'd love this to be a wall calendar, maybe even an everlasting one (something along the lines of no weekdays assigned to the numbers). That would be AWESOME.

I should really go to bed… I can't wait for tomorrow's update!

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    I'd love this to be a wall calendar, maybe even an everlasting one (something along the lines of no weekdays assigned to the numbers). That would be AWESOME.
    On dry-erase material, so you could fill in and erase the weekdays and appointments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

With two of the new bonus items (stickers & notebook) requiring something that's mailed, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of $10 pledges jump up to $25 to take advantage of this new swag! I bumped up my pledge.

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Pixie in the Playground

Fafner, so far at least 20 people have bumped their pledges - the $10 level has dropped by that, and that's not counting any new pledgers since update. I'm assuming they all raised their pledges for that very advantage :-)

13. - Top - End - #1513

Post Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I'm kinda scared now that a few people mentioned several people removing their pledges in the last minute.

But I quite like the comment about sense and reason.
    There's bound to be some depletion: cancelled credit cards, people being told off by their parents or SO, folks who got carried away in all the excitement only to realize they can't afford this much, etc. But certainly not enough to do real damage. I mean, there are well over 5000 backers, it would take a real exodus, like 100s of them, to make a serious dent in the total.

And anyway, Rich wouldn't place actual orders to the printer before the money is in the bank. So there's no risk to him either. That's the beauty of the Kickstarter concept.

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Pixie in the Playground

Fafner, so far at least 20 people have bumped their pledges - the $10 level has dropped by that, and that's not counting any new pledgers since update. I'm assuming they all raised their pledges for that very advantage :-)

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Ogre in the Playground

Judging by Belkar's expression, it looks as if things are about to get very......

graphic.

In other news, we just took 8th place!
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-01 at 08:31 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Pixie in the Playground

I really wish there was something more in the $50 - $150 range for those of us who have all the books already.

I started at $10 and have been bumping that up slowly to around the $50 that I'm at now because I want to support Giant, and frankly what we're now getting for $10 is ridiculous. I feel happy paying about the price I'd pay for a regular book for the pdf at this point.

There are a couple options above that that don't involve books, but they're all limited.

I understand that there aren't a whole lot of non-book things that he can add that have significan value, but whatever. This is a pledge drive, not a store. PBS gives you crappy mugs and tote bags.

It just feels weird to pledge some arbitrary amount without some award attached. But put up an option to throw a couple crayons in the box at $100 and I'd consider it.

17. - Top - End - #1517

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    And just remember MoonCat, that currently it'll take a MASSIVE amount of pull-out to affect any of the books currently not in print.

If we'd been well publicised from the start etc, you could probably expect trolls and griefers; instead I think we have basically D and D fans committed to the comic and its success.
    Mm. Thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    And anyway, Rich wouldn't place actual orders to the printer before the money is in the bank. So there's no risk to him either. That's the beauty of the Kickstarter concept.
    Yeah, that's another good thing. I quite like Kickstarter because of this too.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by seanpg71 View Post
    I really wish there was something more in the $50 - $150 range for those of us who have all the books already.
    I agree. I bumped up to the print just to get above $10.

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
    With two of the new bonus items (stickers & notebook) requiring something that's mailed, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of $10 pledges jump up to $25 to take advantage of this new swag! I bumped up my pledge.
    Yup. Same here. I may bump it again depending on what the mystery prize that the Giant is waiting to hear back from the vendor about is.

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Mine's been bumped up to the $25 dollar slot for a while.

I may increase it if something I can afford (which unfortunately the full-story autographed collections weren't despite the fact that I had every chance to snag one) pops up or we near the end of the drive and I want to show some extra appreciation for all Rich's hard work that he's putting into this.

21. - Top - End - #1521

Quote Originally Posted by seanpg71 View Post

I started at $10 and have been bumping that up slowly to around the $50 that I'm at now because I want to support Giant, and frankly what we're now getting for $10 is ridiculous. I feel happy paying about the price I'd pay for a regular book for the pdf at this point.

There are a couple options above that that don't involve books, but they're all limited.

I understand that there aren't a whole lot of non-book things that he can add that have significan value, but whatever. This is a pledge drive, not a store. PBS gives you crappy mugs and tote bags.

It just feels weird to pledge some arbitrary amount without some award attached. But put up an option to throw a couple crayons in the box at $100 and I'd consider it.
    Same here, I bumped to $25 since that was the highest non-book award I could get. Then as the bonuses kept coming, I ended up bumping to $50 while sticking to the $25 reward, just to mark my appreciation for the huge amount of work Rich is willing to (mostly) give away to fans irrespective of pledge level. Beyond that, I don't know... I keep hoping all those PDFs will get to print, and I don't mind waiting a year for that.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I pledge to get the autographed copy of dungeon crawling fools. I have all the books already, but the cover of my copy is a bit beat up so figured a new autographed copy would be cool. If a good non book pledge level came up I would think about switching to it. Although I'm pretty happy with getting an autographed book too.

Just under $5,000 for stickers now. Woot.
    Last edited by Balain; 2012-02-01 at 10:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm a little late to the party, but am hoping to pledge next week when funds are available.

But I have a question. Not sure if The Giant himself can answer, or if others here that have followed every message in this monstrous thread might have the answer already, but --

WHY, OH WHY is the $35 pledge level, for just a simple copy of the Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales book, a Limited Item? It is still available in other higher pledge levels (with other books I don't need).

You see, I have book 0, and book -1. So I was looking at pledging at two levels - the $139 level to get all 4 full-color books, and then an extra pledge to get the S, S & DT book - but alas it was marked limited and is now sold out. (If I didn't already have the other two, I'd just go for the 7-book complete set).

Could the Giant just increase the number of items available for that level? Or create a $34 pledge with the book, WITHOUT the magnet (making it a different reward)??
    Last edited by SteveDJ; 2012-02-01 at 10:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Mostly because he originally had an incorrect figure on how many copies of SS&DT were left. I'd pledge at the four full-color book level and message Rich (on Kickstarter), asking if you can add SS&DT to your order. It may take him a bit to get back to you, but if you can add it, he'll tell you how much to up your pledge by.

(Also, remember that you don't have to have the funds when you pledge, you need them when the Kickstarter is over.)
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm very intrigued by Rich's repeated mentions of a Printer, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much...

Dang, didn't work; my hopes are already up. Anyway, I missed the 5,250 mark on pledges so I'm gonna wait until 5,500 to make a new tracking chart. It might even happen before I go to bed tonight, who knows.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Hi, Just wanted to tell that news of the kickstarter campaign have reached front page in Boing Boing As that site is Huge, I think this will bring a ton of new backers! Which means more money for Rich and and more record busting :)

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by manuelj View Post
    Hi, Just wanted to tell that news of the kickstarter campaign have reached front page in Boing Boing As that site is Huge, I think this will bring a ton of new backers! Which means more money for Rich and and more record busting :)
    I was literally just coming here to link to that! I would be the Courtney credited with the tip, I'm glad that Doctorow decided it was worth sharing, and doubly glad that I could do something to help spread the word. I would love to see how high this crazy train can go (to mix metaphors, or just imagine a flying train).

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    I'm a little late to the party, but am hoping to pledge next week when funds are available.
    Bear in mind, no matter when you pledge, the money isn't actually charged until the campaign ends on Feb. 21. So if you know the funds are going to be there in three weeks, there's no reason not to make the pledge now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Update 11
    I'm still waiting to hear back from the vendor on the prize that I'm most excited about, which means that I was left trying to figure out what I would put as a midpoint prize between the reprint of Start of Darkness and that of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools. I had three fun ideas, but none of them really were quite strong enough on their own to serve as the reward at that level. So I did what anyone in my situation would do: I decided to give you all three.
    Dear Rich,

In my opinion, you are now basically the best person ever. What's the tally now? A chance to get basically any OotS books you want, plus seven short stories, a magnet, wallpapers, and stickers, plus a mysterious awesome prize yet to be announced? And the comic itself has just been awesome lately. Yep. Definitely the best person ever.

I have bumped my pledge up $5 to reflect this. Ok, it doesn't do a great job of reflecting this, but I'm pretty broke so it's about all I can do.

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Hit Point Pad is genius!

I want one so bad. I want it on my desk. Now.

Yes, I know I can't have it tonight. But I'm betting when I wake up in the morning, it will be waiting for me!

It's like Christmas morning. Except its every morning!

Last edited by Smolder; 2012-02-02 at 12:03 AM.