New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 53 of 136 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1561
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

$1500 to go! Quick, Giant, figure out something new to motivate your insane fans!
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #1562
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

OotS dice would be fantastic. They'd go well with my Tagon dice.

3. - Top - End - #1563
    Barbarian in the Playground

I pledged the total amount for everything I wanted and sent a msg to Rich via kickstarter with what I wanted. He said he can do that and would add a note to my order.

4. - Top - End - #1564
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, assuming we reach $390,000 by noon (which is pretty certain), that means in the first eleven days, we will have averaged $35,454 per day. If we keep that average going throughout the drive, we'll end up at

$1,063,636

Yes. Based on our average rate, we'll hit one million dollars.

EDIT: That's noon, mountain time, folks. That's where the day counter here switches over.
    Last edited by Absol197; 2012-02-02 at 11:16 AM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

5. - Top - End - #1565
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    Update: Nevermind, just found it:

http://slashdot.org/submission/19290...ck-kickstarter

Not sure if you can affect it's status once it's dropped off the recent list, but it can't hurt to try.

Ignore this:

It's already dropped off, looks like it got downvoted some. I don't know if there is a direct link to /. submitted articles. I rarely submit or interact there, tend to just lurk, so I don't know all the ins/outs of their system.
    Perhaps the TITLE you chose wasn't compelling enough? I'd have wanted to get the word 'record-breaking' in there somehow...

But perhaps it was downvoted because it was seeking money (I don't know the /. site, either)

6. - Top - End - #1566
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

So just taken care that the giant can actually take the money I pledged. I was afraid my other card was not big enough. So I took care of that. Now I can honestly say I know I have enough money and wil certainly get the 3 compilationbooks Yay.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #1567
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    Perhaps the TITLE you chose wasn't compelling enough? I'd have wanted to get the word 'record-breaking' in there somehow...
    The original title was more compelling, but it was automatically truncated to what you see after I submitted it, didn't know the /. system would do that. I wanted D&D and the title at the start of the headline, as I thought that would possible get more attention from the right people than record breaking or Top 10. But that clearly backfired.

I think the /. community is open to compelling Kickstarter projects, I've seen some linked on there before, might just be luck of the draw on which editor looks at the submission and whether or not they are interested in that particular area.

8. - Top - End - #1568
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    So OotS has locked the 7th place slot now. We'd need to hit $557K to break the top 5. That's a distant goal.
    Looking at the wiki page again, I notice at least in those top 10, only ONE had more supporters! It is too bad there isn't a sort to show that historical data - because right now, IMHO, I think OOTS would be right up there near the top!
    Last edited by SteveDJ; 2012-02-02 at 11:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1569
    Colossus in the Playground

And the full size print run for Dungeon Crawlin' Fools (and the notepad) is a go!

EDIT: Heh, looks like I'm $100 too early.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-02-02 at 12:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1570
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    They'd go well with my Tagon dice.
    Hey, you too? High five!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #1571
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Well, in fifty-three dollars.

Sooooo close...

Edit: Drop the confetti! We funded EVERY FREAKING BOOK!
    Last edited by Shale; 2012-02-02 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

12. - Top - End - #1572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Well, in fifty-three dollars.

Sooooo close...
    Something like that. We're there.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

13. - Top - End - #1573
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (Mini-Prize #3 : OOTS Hit Point Pad!)
    Achievement Unlocked (Full Print Run [Dungeon Crawlin' Fools])
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #1574
    Ogre in the Playground

Achievement Unlocked - OOTS HP Pad and Dungeon Crawlin' Fools Reprint!

Edit: Looks like I was ninja'd. By a ninja, no less.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-02 at 12:15 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

15. - Top - End - #1575
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Achievement Unlocked (Mini-Prize #3 : OOTS Hit Point Pad!)
    Achievement Unlocked (Full Print Run [Dungeon Crawlin' Fools])
    Your way of saying it makes it sound so much more exciting and fun!
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

16. - Top - End - #1576
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Happy Dance time!
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

17. - Top - End - #1577
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Achievement Unlocked - OOTS HP Pad and Dungeon Crawlin' Fools Reprint!

Now what?
    ...Hm. You know, that is a good question.

Funding the forum? Help Rich pay his mortgage?

18. - Top - End - #1578
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Back in Update #8, the Giant made a point that there wouldn't be any KickStarter collection for the forthcoming "Book 5" collection. Well, that was $140,000 ago...

Now that we've hit the goal to have ALL 4 books reprinted, there may be no choice but to somehow get Book 5 involved (put the goal at $500K if needed) After all - what else is there?

...or, maybe a PRINT version of the Paladin story that was just supposed to be a PDF?

19. - Top - End - #1579
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achievement Unlocked: Broken Graph

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

20. - Top - End - #1580
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Achievement Unlocked: Broken Graph
    ...for the fourth time, I think!

Edit: though technically I'd say we have to clear $391,000 or so to TRULY break this graph. So in the next, you know, couple hours.
    Last edited by ella ventic; 2012-02-02 at 12:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1581
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Other possible goals:

Reserves to fund more printing after the newly-produced books run out.

A Kickstarter print collection. ("Book K")

Airfare and hotels for an international signing tour.
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

22. - Top - End - #1582
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    Your way of saying it makes it sound so much more exciting and fun!

I like to imagine coming out of the computer speakers in a nice deep baritone, with an appropiate pause between "Achievement" and "Unlocked".

Also nice to see that so many people are using variations of it here and over on the Kickstarter page.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-02 at 12:25 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

23. - Top - End - #1583
    Troll in the Playground

I count six titles ready to be reprinted.

But there are seven books. What about Snips and Snails? Is Rich drowning in copies of those? Is there no need for it to be reprinted? Or will it remain a once in a life time Ookoodook special?

24. - Top - End - #1584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post

But there are seven books. What about Snips and Snails? Is Rich drowning in copies of those? Is there no need for it to be reprinted? Or will it remain a once in a life time Ookoodook special?
    Rich has said he won't be reprinting Snips. I forget why though, something about it being unfair to people who bought it when it came out, or something like that.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #1585
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think it's worth quoting again:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew
    Reprinting Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is not on the table, no matter how high this goes. I stated that I wouldn't do that, so I won't. It's an issue of trust. A lot of people suffered through very long delays in getting that book because I told them that if they didn't pre-order it, I couldn't guarantee that they would get a copy. To reprint it now would be a slap in the face to the fans that were willing to support me back then. That said, my last estimate is that we have plenty of copies left for this pledge drive, and that we would not run out until sometime after it.
    Though I know of a lot of people (I'm one) who did the pre-orders and still wouldn't mind a reprint, it is very very hard to fault the Giant for keeping a promise he made and standing by his word.

26. - Top - End - #1586
    Ettin in the Playground

The latter.

Edit: I'd say "ninjaed" but we all posted at the exact same time. xD
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-02-02 at 12:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1587
    Titan in the Playground

He seemed to think he had enough of them; not sure if having to give out some 2000 of them to assorted pledges will make a dent (his words were "more than a thousand"). He has publicly said he intends to have it be a single-print run.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

28. - Top - End - #1588
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Rich said the other day that it won't happen. He promised when it was announced that SS&DT was a one time only thing, and he won't go back on it.

EDIT: ninja'd. 4 times. Yeesh.

@Ella Ventic: I'm the same. I had it preordered on day 1, and I wouldn't care if it was re-printed, but it makes sense why he wouldn't.
    Last edited by LightsOnNo1Home; 2012-02-02 at 12:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1589
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Edit: Looks like I was ninja'd. By a ninja, no less.
    Better than being ninja'd by a pirate.

Looking forward to whatever Rich uses to entice us next.

*Starts calling caterers for the 1000% party*

30. - Top - End - #1590
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

He said a day or two ago (after the DSTP rewards went up) that he believes there are enough in stock to cover pledge rewards and still have some at the warehouse for further Ookoodook orders. Hopefully that bears out.