New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 54 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1591
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Next Reward: A Giant party! Pun very intended!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I think its worth mentioning that the kickstarter drive is not on the oots Wikipedia page.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    I think its worth mentioning that the kickstarter drive is not on the oots Wikipedia page.
    Yet!

: Dun Dun DUNH!!!!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

4. - Top - End - #1594
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOnNo1Home View Post
    Rich said the other day that it won't happen. He promised when it was announced that SS&DT was a one time only thing, and he won't go back on it.

EDIT: ninja'd. 4 times. Yeesh.

@Ella Ventic: I'm the same. I had it preordered on day 1, and I wouldn't care if it was re-printed, but it makes sense why he wouldn't.
    It is all about TRUST. Plus, consider this: Suppose he did reprint SS&DT (for whatever number of reasons). Now, the next time he needs to print something limited, conditioned on pre-orders, there will certainly be some people that will just figure "...I don't need it yet, it'll be reprinted someday..." thus cutting down on the needed pre-ordering.

5. - Top - End - #1595
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    It is all about TRUST. Plus, consider this: Suppose he did reprint SS&DT (for whatever number of reasons). Now, the next time he needs to print something limited, conditioned on pre-orders, there will certainly be some people that will just figure "...I don't need it yet, it'll be reprinted someday..." thus cutting down on the needed pre-ordering.
    Maybe he'd create a new big book by combing SS&DT with the PDFs he'll create as a result from this drive, that'd be interesting.

6. - Top - End - #1596
    Halfling in the Playground

Went for the $67 print-only special. And I'm predicting that we'll hit at least $500,000 by the end of the month. (I may upgrade to the $222 complete story special, if circumstances are willing).

Next reward: live action short! Or special OotS dice or chess pieces. Chess-piece Roy would be awesome.

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VinRaven View Post
    Maybe he'd create a new big book by combing SS&DT with the PDFs he'll create as a result from this drive, that'd be interesting.
    That surely would be more offensive to those who bought SS&DT and want the new PDFs in hard copy but now have to buy the SS&DT material a second time to get the PDFs printed.

8. - Top - End - #1598
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    If Rich decides to try the OotS set of dice, I think it would be cool if, on the dice, they replace the highest number with the face of an OotS character ( Critical hit! Yay) and the lowest number with their Linear Guild nemesis ( Critical miss! Bwahaha!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    An Order of the Stick dice set?

Hot damn, I want some of that if he does make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    OotS dice would be fantastic. They'd go well with my Tagon dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMiles View Post
    Next reward: live action short! Or special OotS dice or chess pieces. Chess-piece Roy would be awesome.
    ^ THIS. Dice (or chess pieces, love the idea!) would be perfect, and I might even pledge for some extra sets to give as gifts.
    (Also, Troll Bräu, you took the exact words right out of my mouth. )

9. - Top - End - #1599

DrowGirl

Personally, I'm curious about what might happen if he actually runs out of copies of SS&DT. I know he said he had enough, but that was back when the pledge was around 120-150k, and I'm not sure if he really planned on the pledges spiking up so dramatically. I know he said he doesn't want to reprint it, but if he promises more copies than he actually has, I don't think he'll really get a choice.

10. - Top - End - #1600

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZMiles View Post
    Or special OotS dice or chess pieces. Chess-piece Roy would be awesome.
    Chess pieces? That, that, that is beautiful... Question is, who would it be? My suggestions:

Team Evil:
    Pawns => Goblins
    Rooks => Hobgoblins
    Knights => Giant Mammoth
    King => Xykon
    Queen => Tsukiko
    Bishops => Redcloak and MitD

I know that power wise Redcloak should be the queen, but I find it a bit strange...

OotS:
    Pawns: Sapphire Guard
    King => Roy
    Queen => Halley
    Bishops => V and Durkon
    Knight => Elan on horse and Belkar on Winner dog?
    Rooks => No idea

Either that or we would use Elan and Belkar for rooks, and Hinjo and Lien as the Knights. But we would also need a set for the linear guild of course. Another option would be have a set exclusive of the Sapphire Guard. But them we would need to think who to add on the OotS team

Linear Guild:
    Pawns: A family of kobolds
    King: Nale
    Queen: Sabine
    Bishops: Malaki and Hylga
    Knights: Zzz-drizzzt and Pompey
    Hooks: Togg and Tarkin

I mixed some of the new members here with the old ones

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

11. - Top - End - #1601
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    Personally, I'm curious about what might happen if he actually runs out of copies of SS&DT. I know he said he had enough, but that was back when the pledge was around 120-150k, and I'm not sure if he really planned on the pledges spiking up so dramatically. I know he said he doesn't want to reprint it, but if he promises more copies than he actually has, I don't think he'll really get a choice.
    He could just limit the SS&DT copies that can go out as rewards (given in order of pledge number, so early pledgers get preference).

That would be preferable to printing extra copies since, as others have said, it was originally a one-time printing and it wouldn't seem fair to do a second printing

12. - Top - End - #1602

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Chess pieces? That, that, that is beautiful... Question is, who would it be? My suggestions:

Team Evil:
    Pawns => Goblins
    Rooks => Hobgoblins
    Knights => Giant Mammoth
    King => Xykon
    Queen => Tsukiko
    Another option for team evil would be the devil roaches as the rooks. Move MitD as one of the knights and add Jirix as the other Bishop

13. - Top - End - #1603
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, at $392k, we've officially gone off the chart.
    ^~Cody T.~^

14. - Top - End - #1604
    Pixie in the Playground

An OOTs-themed short D and D adventure as a bonus prize?

The gamers would like it, but lots of us don't actually play, so I don't know; same for dice in that regard; as noted the notepad has uses even for non-gamers.
    When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Avatar designed by the talented Ceika

15. - Top - End - #1605

PaladinGuy

Another option for team evil would be the devil roaches as the rooks. Move MitD as one of the knights and add Jirix as the other Bishop
    Team Evil's Knights could be Wights for a splash of phonetic irony

The OotS Rooks could be Blackwing and Scruffy.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-02-02 at 02:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1606
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    An OOTs-themed short D and D adventure as a bonus prize?
    That would mean even more drawing, and he's already committed himself to 7 bonus multi-strip comics (probably 80+ pages worth), as well as 65 one-page crayon sketches, stickers, etc. It's already a lot of work.

Given that he's waiting on an estimate from a printer, I think there's a very good chance the next reward line will be a physical printed book of all the bonus strips (when you add the 80+ pages already committed along with all the kickstarter graphs and updates etc, it's easily as big as OTOOPC's).

Bonus - it would presumably only go out to pledges of a high enough level to cover its printing cost, so a LOT of the $10 backers would have to increase their pledge to get it, resulting in a sudden massive boost to the pledge total. Lets say you needed to pledge $30 to get the book, and only 500 $10 pledgers decided they wanted it - their extra $20 each means another $10,000 added to the total immediately).

17. - Top - End - #1607

PaladinGuy

So...anyone else noticed that we're averaging one update per day? Going on our 12th chart.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-02-02 at 02:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1608
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    Given that he's waiting on an estimate from a printer, I think there's a very good chance the next reward line will be a physical printed book of all the bonus strips (when you add the 80+ pages already committed along with all the kickstarter graphs and updates etc, it's easily as big as OTOOPC's).
    I do not think it that likely. Rich does not know how long those stories are going to be, nor if they will be in colour or not. You cannot schedule a printing for a book "somewhere between 60 and 100 pages, some in blue, some in sepia, some in B&W, some in colour" and get an estimate of the cost.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

19. - Top - End - #1609
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    So...anyone else noticed that we're averaging one update per day? Going on our 12th chart.
    Rich is doing that on purpose.
    ^~Cody T.~^

20. - Top - End - #1610
    Troll in the Playground

Team Evil:
    Pawns => Goblins
    Rooks => Hobgoblins
    Knights => Giant Mammoth
    King => Xykon
    Queen => Tsukiko

I know that power wise Redcloak should be the queen, but I find it a bit strange...

OotS:
    Pawns: Sapphire Guard
    King => Roy
    Queen => Halley
    Bishops => V and Durkon
    Knight => Elan on horse and Belkar on Winner dog?
    Rooks => No idea

Either that or we would use Elan and Belkar for rooks, and Hinjo and Lien as the Knights. But we would also need a set for the linear guild of course. Another option would be have a set exclusive of the Sapphire Guard. But them we would need to think who to add on the OotS team
    The Team Evil set is good. The good-guys set needs rearranging, though, like thus:

Hinjo and Lien should definitely be the knights, since they're mounted. Roy and Haley as king and queen makes sense, as they're the first and second in command of the Order (and Haley is female). Since Vaarsuvius and Durkon are the Tier 1s in the group, they should be the most powerful other characters--the rooks. That leaves Elan as queen-side bishop (next to Haley), and Belkar as king-side bishop (next to Roy). See how nicely that works out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #1611
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Chess pieces? My suggestions:

Team Evil:
    What would a MitD figurine even look like? An umbrella with eyes?

22. - Top - End - #1612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    The Team Evil set is good. The good-guys set needs rearranging, though, like thus:

Hinjo and Lien should definitely be the knights, since they're mounted. Roy and Haley as king and queen makes sense, as they're the first and second in command of the Order (and Haley is female). Since Vaarsuvius and Durkon are the Tier 1s in the group, they should be the most powerful other characters--the rooks. That leaves Elan as queen-side bishop (next to Haley), and Belkar as king-side bishop (next to Roy). See how nicely that works out?
    Almost right: Elan must be the King-side Bishop (with his best buddy Roy, if rationalisation is required) since that is the white bishop, while Belkar is definitely always-black bishop, and standing with Haley as he did during the Split party times. I am of course assuming the Good team is the white pieces.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

23. - Top - End - #1613
    Pixie in the Playground

APE just revealed in the comments thread:

APE Gamer 2 minutes ago

I should say, though, that instead of getting the OOTS game from Ookoodook right now, you might wait a bit as we're looking at some package that might make sense on this Kickstarter. There are some things we need to work through, though, so there's some chance the game won't show up here, too.
    When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Avatar designed by the talented Ceika

24. - Top - End - #1614

OldWizardGuy

A block of black with a pink umbrella and the eyes.

25. - Top - End - #1615
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks like the Kickstarter site is starting to have server problems from all the traffic. Just got a server error when trying to load a page. It worked when I refreshed, though.
    ^~Cody T.~^

26. - Top - End - #1616

On the other hand, T-shirts, mugs, calendars, buttons, dice, messenger bags, etc. all need to be printed. So it could be just about anything OOTSified special for this drive! Can't wait for the update!!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #1617
    Troll in the Playground

A block of black with a pink umbrella and the eyes.
    Yeah, pretty much this. Sort of a frustum of a cone, with the umbrella at the top, and the eyes just on the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #1618
    Dwarf in the Playground

And now I've got an insatiable urge for a OotS chess set.

29. - Top - End - #1619
    Ogre in the Playground

He could just limit the SS&DT copies that can go out as rewards (given in order of pledge number, so early pledgers get preference).

That would be preferable to printing extra copies since, as others have said, it was originally a one-time printing and it wouldn't seem fair to do a second printing
    He could just print extra copies to cover for the drive (without saying) and then retract it from Ookoodook. Who'd really know?
    And it would at most be a white lie.

30. - Top - End - #1620

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this. Sort of a frustum of a cone, with the umbrella at the top, and the eyes just on the front.
    Now I want a MITD figurine.
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!