New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1681
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by The Derider View Post
    How d'you do tha, lad, with th' pictures
    Lady

When writing a post you click the little yellow icon that looks like a picture of a mountain with a sun, if you hover over it with your mouse pointer it will say "Insert Image" - click it and it asks for the url of the image, just paste the url and hit ok and it should work.

2. - Top - End - #1682
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

How d'you do tha, lad, with th' pictures?

Also, the bracers are 640,000gp. If we get that far we really ought to get them in the comic.
    [ímg] http://flickr-or-imgur-or-something.com/picture-URL.jpg [/ímg]

Except with a real "i" in the img brackets.
    Last edited by Flame of Anor; 2012-02-02 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #1683
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thank you. :)

Bracers of Dexterity, here we come?

4. - Top - End - #1684
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Pledged for the whole print-only run reward (comes with a free warm fuzzy feeling). Hopefully our notorious national post service won't screw this up.

5. - Top - End - #1685
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just pledged in at the $25 level. I wish I could afford more for the amount of joy this comic brings, but I give what I can.

Andek Firebeard, Dwarven Monk (2-4) (sigtar by The_Chilli_God)
    Kurgan, Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut (3-1) (sigtar by Thecrimsonmage)
    Stormcloud, Air Genasi Duskblade (1-2) (sigtar by Thecrimsonmage)

In'diana, Drow Factotum avatar by Sneak.

6. - Top - End - #1686
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and the +8 Bracers (of armor) are only 64k. We got there awhile ago.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

7. - Top - End - #1687
    Pixie in the Playground

How, now the OotS can afford a Gate Key. :D

8. - Top - End - #1688
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Oh, and the +8 Bracers (of armor) are only 64k. We got there awhile ago.
    That's 64k of gold coins. Since recent editions of D&D maintain that 50gp weigh a pound, we're dealing with coins that weigh 0.32oz each, so at the current price for gold, we still have a ways to go before we raise the $35,969,024 necessary for Haley's +8 bracers.

I know we can do it, though!

9. - Top - End - #1689
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

As far as I can tell from Kickstarter's 2011 Stats review, our 5,758 current backers exceed anything seen in 2011:

The most popular rewards of 2011 were the Cosmonaut (variable price, 5,623 backers) and the Coffee Joulies ($40, 4,246 backers).
    Just another milestone to celebrate. Congratulations everybody!

10. - Top - End - #1690
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krizak View Post
    That's 64k of gold coins. Since recent editions of D&D maintain that 50gp weigh a pound, we're dealing with coins that weigh 0.32oz each, so at the current price for gold, we still have a ways to go before we raise the $35,969,024 necessary for Haley's +8 bracers.

Darn your nitpicking!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

11. - Top - End - #1691
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know, gold seems a lot more common in D&d than in the real world...
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

12. - Top - End - #1692
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cursed inflation
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-02-02 at 09:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1693
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Not the Bracers of Armor +8!

The Bracers of Dex +8.

14. - Top - End - #1694
    Ogre in the Playground

Not the Bracers of Armor +8!

The Bracers of Dex +8.
    Gloves of Dexterity +8 are epic items, and cost 640,000 gold. Haley was certainly referring to bracers of armor in the second graph.

15. - Top - End - #1695
    Orc in the Playground

And that is still allot better than in 1st edition where 10gc weighed in at a pound of gold. Actually had to figure out an exchange rate for D&D gc to British pounds recently after a cursed scroll* transported my, high level for first, party to London during the turn of the millennium. I'm not the one keeping the party treasury, but it worked out to the party having several million GBP in gold to buy their way out of misunderstandings relating to cultural differences and load up on modern equipment to let them blend in. Ah good times.

*The DM used the scroll result as an excuse to run a modified version of the City behind the Gate, I believe it was called, from Dragon 100.
    Last edited by thepsyker; 2012-02-02 at 10:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1696
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Wow, that make me think of THAC0! D20 is ever so much better

17. - Top - End - #1697
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Am I the only waiting for an update from Rick so he can get more of my money?

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

18. - Top - End - #1698
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Meekly... Noooooo

19. - Top - End - #1699

700% is up and it's almost 3am here. So I'm not waiting any more.

20. - Top - End - #1700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Am I the only waiting for an update from Rick Rich so he can get more of my money?
    Fixed that for ya'.
    ^~Cody T.~^

21. - Top - End - #1701
    Troll in the Playground

Am I the only waiting for an update from Rick so he can get more of my money?
    an update from Rick so he can
    Rick
    What have you done? You broke the seals keeping the dreaded demon Rick Baker back. There is no hope!
    Roland save us!

22. - Top - End - #1702
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wouldn't that be completely seperate from the dreaded Rich Baker though?

23. - Top - End - #1703

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    What have you done? You broke the seals keeping the dreaded demon Rick Baker back. There is no hope!
    Roland save us!
    Dammit, there isn't a ninja emoticon I can use. You saw through my ruse, that was a call for Wampa!

24. - Top - End - #1704
    Pixie in the Playground

Down by the bay where the water melons grow

umm... can I get some help with this I need snip snails dragon tails,on the origin of pcs, and don't split the party. is there a way to do this?

25. - Top - End - #1705

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Redwizard26 View Post
    umm... can I get some help with this I need snip snails dragon tails,on the origin of pcs, and don't split the party. is there a way to do this?
    Your best bet I think is to go to level Pledge $67 or more. And message Rich through kickstarter to ask how to change Start of Darkness for Don't split the party

26. - Top - End - #1706
    Ettin in the Playground

Your best bet I think is to go to level Pledge $67 or more. And message Rich through kickstarter to ask how to change Start of Darkness for Don't split the party

Alternately choose the $87 pledge and ask Rich if you can change War and XPs for Don't Split the Party.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

27. - Top - End - #1707

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Redwizard26 View Post
    Your best bet is to PM Rich on Kickstarter, tell him what you want, and ask how much to pledge for it. If you want to pledge something for now, I'd suggest the $62 Pick Two envelope; you can always change your pledge dollar amount and reward later.

Might want to wait a few days to message him though, as he said he's having trouble keeping ahead of all the message requests.

28. - Top - End - #1708
    Bugbear in the Playground

And apparently the Wiki mods have decided to be spiteful and take the OoTS pledge off the top 10 and put it into a current drive section.

29. - Top - End - #1709
    Pixie in the Playground

Down by the bay where the water melons grow

Thanks guys I originally contributed only $10 and was hoping to pledge more. I'll wait until tomorrow and send him a PM. I hope that it works.

30. - Top - End - #1710
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    And apparently the Wiki mods have decided to be spiteful
    Are they ever anything else?

and take the OoTS pledge off the top 10 and put it into a current drive section.
    Well, less than three weeks and it'll go back in there, so no worries.

Also, we're nearing the $20,000 overage on the all books reprinted fully level.

And we made it there without knowing what lies beyond.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.