New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1801
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Ho-hum...

Guess we won't be seeing T-shirts and mugs as add ons. So much for me getting the poster for free.
    Note the reference in the update to potential larger items being sent in future. Don't give up hope yet; just wait till Monday :)
    When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Avatar designed by the talented Ceika

2. - Top - End - #1802
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Question about fundraiser shwag

E-mail rich: Push send message under the title of the kickstarter thread.

For the other, why not consider an 25$ art-print (not a book) which entitles you to everything that has come extra up to now?

3. - Top - End - #1803
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    Soo, is this a reference to something?
    It's a recurring quote from The Hudsucker Proxy, a film by the Coen brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    I can't think of anything more thrilling to read than the blow-by-blow specifics of a battle between an ancient black dragon and an apprentice baker.

4. - Top - End - #1804
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    Note the reference in the update to potential larger items being sent in future. Don't give up hope yet; just wait till Monday :)
    T-shirts and the game are both quite likely. APE Gamer has said on the KS page that they certainly are looking at what adding the game entails.
    Last edited by keldorn; 2012-02-03 at 06:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1805
    Pixie in the Playground

The $25 art print pledge does seem to be the default way to get the various new items, without the need to buy a book if you have them all.

And Rich has mentioned future new pledges for packs of some of the swag...somewhere in his many updates. To find it, I'd click on his name on the fundraiser page, which shows you *all* of his posts and is thus much easier to quote from.

6. - Top - End - #1806
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I don't know whether I've missed seeing this in the ever-growing list of pledge reward categories, but is there one for Don't Split the Party with Snips Snails and Dragon Tales? They're the only two books I don't have, and if I'm getting one it would be worth getting the other.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-02-03 at 06:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1807
    Dwarf in the Playground

WHY didn't he say what the extra coloring books would cost?!? How are we supposed to up our pledges to ensure the coloring books exist (and cover getting extra coloring books) if we don't know how much to up our pledge by?

I'm going to guess $20 for the first extra and $15 for a second extra and see how that works for me. (I'm not ordering any books, just the print.) Anyone else have a clue?

I wonder how many pages are in the coloring book.

8. - Top - End - #1808
    Pixie in the Playground

I believe the prices for extra colouring books will go up once the total is reached.

This update has so far had the main affect of convincing yet more of the $10 level to increase their pledge to $25. We've already gone up about $5,000 since the update happened. We're at about $431, just 20k to go until the colouring book is a reality. With current uptake rates, at the very latest that will happen in around 20 hours. I'm not sure we'll quite make the 500 by Monday, but it could be pretty close, and if new pledge levels go up then, I think it's bound to.

And yet when it got to $300k I was convinced it would lose steam....

EDIT: Oh, and the colouring book is 32 pages according to the update.
    Last edited by ArtosSwiftblade; 2012-02-03 at 06:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1809
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I don't know whether I've missed seeing this in the ever-growing list of pledge reward categories, but is there one for Don't Split the Party with Snips Snails and Dragon Tales? They're the only two books I don't have, and if I'm getting one it would be worth getting the other.
    I couldn't find any reward which matches what you're looking for exactly. Your best bet is probably either to select a level with the wrong full-color compilation and try to message Rich to get it swapped, or just pledge for the $35 SS&DT level and buy DStP normally (I suggest doing it in this order because DStP is getting a second full print run, whereas SS&DT isn't going to).

Of course, there's always the chance of a new level being added, but it's not too likely.

10. - Top - End - #1810
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
    Thanks! I don't usually post on forums using this code system, so I'm pretty bad at it. Having seen how to do that I'll probably make the rest of my tables that way to begin with
    Great.

And once you're at it, 4-digit numbers (and upwards, I guess) are better without a comma, e.g. write 1300 instead of 1,300. Because then it counts it as a decimal and the sorting order gets screwed up.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

11. - Top - End - #1811
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Great.

And once you're at it, 4-digit numbers (and upwards, I guess) are better without a comma, e.g. write 1300 instead of 1,300. Because then it counts it as a decimal and the sorting order gets screwed up.
    Yeah, they sort better but I don't like the way they look as much. It's easier to parse numbers with commas (for a human, at least). We'll see which way I end up going when we reach 6,500 (or whatever is the closest number I end up seeing).

12. - Top - End - #1812
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just noticed. Shouldn't the $500,000 mark be Mystery Prize #6.

#1 is Julio Scoundrel (called Mystery Prize #1 on chart 3, named and met on chart 4)
    #2 is Dim Sun (called Mystery Prize #2 on chart 6, named and met on chart 7)
    #3 is Sir Francis and Elan (called Mystery Prize #3 on chart 6, named and met on chart 10)
    #4 is Wallpaper, Stickers, and Hit Point pad (???? question marks on chart 10, named on chart 11, met on chart 12)
    #5 is the Coloring Book (???? question marks on chart 12, named and met on chart 13)
    #6 is Unknown (called Mystery Prize #4 on chart 13)

Could also be #8 if you split up #4 I suppose.

13. - Top - End - #1813
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Grab a $35 level Snips only.
    Then you will need to add some more ($30 + $10, I think) for the Book and the larger box to fit it in.

Make sure to send the Giant a Message asking if that is okay on the Kickstarter site BEFORE you up your pledge.

This way you are guaranteed the limited book AND if the Giant gives the thumbs up, you'll be fine for the DStP.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

14. - Top - End - #1814
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    I believe the prices for extra colouring books will go up once the total is reached.
    But if we knew how to ask for extra coloring books, more people would be bumping up their pledge for that, as well. Getting us to $500,000 faster.

15. - Top - End - #1815
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Just noticed. Shouldn't the $500,000 mark be Mystery Prize #6.

#1 is Julio Scoundrel (called Mystery Prize #1 on chart 3, named and met on chart 4)
    #2 is Dim Sun (called Mystery Prize #2 on chart 6, named and met on chart 7)
    #3 is Sir Francis and Elan (called Mystery Prize #3 on chart 6, named and met on chart 10)
    #4 is Wallpaper, Stickers, and Hit Point pad (???? question marks on chart 10, named on chart 11, met on chart 12)
    #5 is the Coloring Book (???? question marks on chart 12, named and met on chart 13)
    #6 is Unknown (called Mystery Prize #4 on chart 13)

Could also be #8 if you split up #4 I suppose.
    I thought the same thing, and the logic I used, was that neither the #4 (stickers, etc) and #5 were ever a mystery, as they had no "Mystery" line prior to him announcing them. They were just straight up announced.

16. - Top - End - #1816
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    I thought the same thing, and the logic I used, was that neither the #4 (stickers, etc) and #5 were ever a mystery, as they had no "Mystery" line prior to him announcing them. They were just straight up announced.
    The colouring book was never a purple line, and I think will be able to be bought as soon as it emerges, so maybe it's not a mystery prize in that way. The stickers etc, not so much...

Jmucchiello, I guess the concern is whether the funds are enough to then print said book; maybe a dotted line as previously could have been introduced around the 442k level, or maybe at this stage Rich has decided he has enough backing to get there regardless!

17. - Top - End - #1817
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    They had lots of floating purple question marks. That should count!
    Last edited by jmucchiello; 2012-02-03 at 06:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1818
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

@WampaX, Exediron: Thanks. Since Snips is still available at Ookoodook I thought I might as well pick up that with the game expansion and see if that fits in the only-moderately-expensive shipping envelope to Australia. I can pick up Don't Split the Party with my pledge and complete my collection.

Edit: If Snips is a limited print run, will the pledge drive use up most of the rest of the stock? Will it be hard to get your hands on a copy after February?
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-02-03 at 07:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1819
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Umberhulk View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm missing something. Maybe this has an answer already that I missed. I can't figure out how to e-mail Rich.

There are some bonus fundraiser items, such as the stickers and coloring book, being given away when you buy a book. I already have all of the books and just want some the shwag. Will these be available for individual purchase?
    Well, given what you're getting anyways, there's no reason not to just use the $25 mini version of the poster or the $26 Origin of PCs option. That's probably what you'd be spending anyways if there was a separate option. Then when the survey comes out, just ask him not to send the book if you don't want it. Remember that this is a donation drive, not a store. You're paying extra anyways.

Also, while you can ask questions through the Kickstarter site, he's stated in multiple updates that he's extremely backed up with emails.

Remember that you can change your pledge and reward selection at any time.
    Last edited by NerfTW; 2012-02-03 at 07:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edit: If Snips is a limited print run, will the pledge drive use up most of the rest of the stock? Will it be hard to get your hands on a copy after February?
    I expect so, which was my reasoning behind suggesting making the pledge for Snips. As of now there are at least 1,746 copies of SS&DT to be given out as rewards for the pledge drive, and with optional books and exchanges the number could be much higher. The only statement on the supply which we have is that there are over 1,000 copies available and that Rich feels there are enough to satisfy the demand from the pledge. I believe he has also said that if the remaining number is very low after the pledge is over he may reserve the remainder for future uses similar to this, making the book no longer available for purchase.

21. - Top - End - #1821
    Ettin in the Playground

@WampaX, Exediron: Thanks. Since Snips is still available at Ookoodook I thought I might as well pick up that with the game expansion and see if that fits in the only-moderately-expensive shipping envelope to Australia. I can pick up Don't Split the Party with my pledge and complete my collection.

There might be some left, there might not be. Even the Giant isn't quite sure.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

22. - Top - End - #1822
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm. My brother's birthday is coming up. Should I give him my coloring book, or keep it to myself?

23. - Top - End - #1823

I expect so, which was my reasoning behind suggesting making the pledge for Snips. As of now there are at least 1,746 copies of SS&DT to be given out as rewards for the pledge drive, and with optional books and exchanges the number could be much higher. The only statement on the supply which we have is that there are over 1,000 copies available and that Rich feels there are enough to satisfy the demand from the pledge. I believe he has also said that if the remaining number is very low after the pledge is over he may reserve the remainder for future uses similar to this, making the book no longer available for purchase.
    Another indicator on the availability of that book is that the amount of rewards with SS&DT alone went up from 200 to 300 sometime this week (probably meaning that after a little pencil sharpening they decided they could give 100 more).

So it's unlikely to run out in the drive.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

24. - Top - End - #1824

Quote Originally Posted by ORione View Post
    Hmm. My brother's birthday is coming up. Should I give him my coloring book, or keep it to myself?
    It depends. How old is your brother, and is he an OOTS fan?

Or you could wait to see the promised future packages that allow more coloring books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

25. - Top - End - #1825
    Pixie in the Playground

The $25 art print level is more popular than I expected, with about 1 out of every 6 people who pledged going for that level.
    Some of us, like myself, have all the books and just wanted to support this project and get a little something (always wanted to get that poster so art print will do). Of course since then, all the increasingly cool stretch rewards are making that choice even more sensible!

I am very hopeful it will reach $500k in which I can't wait to see what reward there may be.

But most of all, I am so very happy for Rich who I am sure by now realise how good a product he has made and how many people so obviously love it and would support it like this!
    Last edited by Chirurgie; 2012-02-03 at 09:26 PM.
    'do or do not, there is no spoon to rule them all'

26. - Top - End - #1826
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    Some of us, like myself, have all the books and just wanted to support this project and get a little something (always wanted to get that poster so art print will do). Of course since then, all the increasingly cool stretch rewards are making that choice even more sensible!
    Or they want the physical rewards but don't have a lot of money at hand, so they pick the lowest that comes with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #1827
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

And by the way, kickstarter frontpage and blog mention today.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

28. - Top - End - #1828

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    It depends. How old is your brother, and is he an OOTS fan?

Or you could wait to see the promised future packages that allow more coloring books.
    He's twelve, turning thirteen. But he takes pride in being the baby of the family, and often acts younger than he is. I don't think he'd consider himself too cool for coloring.

He's started reading OotS. He hasn't given much indication of what he thinks of it.

But I think I'll do something else for his birthday. The package will probably arrive after his birthday, and I don't want to get him something late unless I'm positive he'll love it.

29. - Top - End - #1829

Shouldn't there be a new thread by now?(wayyyyyy past 50 pages)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

30. - Top - End - #1830
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hey guys, Rich did post this on KS.

COMMENTED ON A PROJECT UPDATE
    @Kathleen Hunt: I'll likely add a x5 prize pack sometime soon, probably after the next goal is announced and nigh-immediately surpassed. It would let you get five each of the stickers, notepads, magnets, and the next thing that's coming. So just keep an eye out for it.
    Maybe he will do a package with coloring books and extra stickers and notepads...