New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1831
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Hmm. The #5 spot in the Kickstarter Hall of Fame is at $556k, that's within reach even if the present rate slows down a bit. But #4 would be a more challenging bar, $800k or so.

2. - Top - End - #1832
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    Shouldn't there be a new thread by now?(wayyyyyy past 50 pages)
    Isn't it obvious? We've already set a record or two on Kickstarter. We might as well try to break the record for number of posts in a thread while we're at it.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

3. - Top - End - #1833
    Orc in the Playground

A coloring book is still a new book. Looks like I'm up to $25.

(I would love it if the coloring book was bound to look like the normal books, with a number on the spine and everything. )
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!

4. - Top - End - #1834
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I bet it's intentional. The Mods probably figure that this thread will keep hitting 50 pages easy and in a relatively short amount of time, so it'd be a waste of time, effort and forum space to lock one and open another.

Or they're just too busy.

5. - Top - End - #1835
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    Isn't it obvious? We've already set a record or two on Kickstarter. We might as well try to break the record for number of posts in a thread while we're at it.
    Yeah... probably not going to happen. We're barely 20% of the way to hitting the length of the Dominic Deegan epic thread.

As Troll Bräu noted, it's most likely intentional. It is an exception to the fun and compliance with the rules, citizen. Now please return to your fun.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #1836
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

smile Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I just carefully added up all the Kickstarter coolness and wanted to share my list for lazy fans:
    Because Rich has kept adding the mini-prizes, Mystery Prizes, and other incentives as the numbers skyrocketed, here's what you will now get for a donation of at least $25 (the "Art Print" =$7 shipping to Canada=$32). I have all the books, so I didn't need to order them, but $32 gives me:
    1. An 8x10 OOTS cast art print.
    2. A Roy Green hilt magnet
    3. An O-Chul story PDF
    4. A 32-page OOTS Coloring Book
    5. Custom character Story PDF #1 (character chosen by one of the 3 crazy backers who pledged over $1250, but all of get a copy too!) 8-12 pgs
    6. Custom character Story PDF #2 (8-12 pgs)
    7. Custom character Story PDF #3 (8-12 pgs)
    8. Julio Scoundrel Story PDF (exclusive mystery prize)
    9. Dim Sun Story PDF (exclusive mystery prize)
    10. Sir Francois & the Dragon (and Elan!) Story PDF (exclusive mystery prize)
    11. Set of OOTS Wallpapers (at least 10) (mini-prize)
    12. Sheet of 8 OOTS Stickers (mini-prize)
    13. OOTS Hit-Point Pad (mini-prize)
    14. Mystery Prize #4 (will be revealed when we break $500,000- which will certainly happen soon)
    ..and possibly more! How can you resist??
    Last edited by usuakari; 2012-02-03 at 11:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1837
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Also, would anybody else love to see a limited OOTS Kickstarter print collection that collected all the short stories (at least 7 now!) with the story of this whole Kickstarter craziness, including the graphs and comics, coloring book, wallpaper, sticker art, and all the other awesome graphics? Like the "merch only" single-panel gags, there's so much uncollected material waiting to become a book with "K" on the spine:) A 72 or 96-page book would be easy to fill up!

8. - Top - End - #1838

Quote Originally Posted by usuakari View Post
    Also, would anybody else love to see a limited OOTS Kickstarter print collection that collected all the short stories (at least 7 now!) with the story of this whole Kickstarter craziness, including the graphs and comics, coloring book, wallpaper, sticker art, and all the other awesome graphics? Like the "merch only" single-panel gags, there's so much uncollected material waiting to become a book with "K" on the spine:) A 72 or 96-page book would be easy to fill up!
    Posters here and on the KS site have been clamoring for that for the past 10 days or so. It's called "the K book". Hopefully it will come to exist one day.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2012-02-03 at 11:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1839
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oball View Post
    It's a recurring quote from The Hudsucker Proxy, a film by the Coen brothers.
    Hmm. I have never, ever heard of that movie. Thanks for clearing that up though!

10. - Top - End - #1840
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Yeah... probably not going to happen. We're barely 20% of the way to hitting the length of the Dominic Deegan epic thread.
    Could you link? I mean, a 300-page thread? This I have to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #1841

Eh. The coloring book is cool, but I'm more interested in the other stuff. I'll get one anyway, since it's still pretty neat, but I wouldn't have raised my pledge to get it if it wasn't already there. Not as much of a colorer I guess. Especially since it'll only be usable once, and I always hate ruining pretty things with my own shoddy coloring abilities.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-04 at 12:48 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1842
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Question about fundraiser shwag

Quote Originally Posted by Umberhulk View Post
    There are some bonus fundraiser items, such as the stickers and coloring book, being given away when you buy a book. I already have all of the books and just want some the shwag. Will these be available for individual purchase?
    Rich said he would like to put the leftover notepads and such up at the store, once all the Kickstarter craziness was over. This doesn't mean it'll definitely happen, but it does mean he's thinking about it.

13. - Top - End - #1843
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Google is your friend http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53160

There are 47 if I counted correct threads about this webcomic (which I never heard about), that thread is the one with 301 pages.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

14. - Top - End - #1844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreadArchon View Post
    A coloring book is still a new book. Looks like I'm up to $25.

(I would love it if the coloring book was bound to look like the normal books, with a number on the spine and everything. )
    No, no, no, then you can't use it as a coloring book. Coloring books have to open flat. (And I don't think you can perfect bind a book with less than 64 pages, or it might be 48 as the lower limit. But certainly not 32. It just isn't enough pages.)

Of course, I'm getting more than one to have one that is not colored. :)

15. - Top - End - #1845
    Dwarf in the Playground

Some more quick statistics (this time on item numbers):

PDFs: 6,164
    Roy Greenhilt Magnets: 6,477
    Art Prints: 1,061
    Art Prints (autographed): 25
    OotPC: 1,339
    OotPC (autographed): 105
    SoD: 1,137
    SoD (autographed): 90
    SS&DT: 1,681
    SS&DT (autographed): 85
    DCF: 722
    DCF (autographed): 85
    NCftPB: 874
    NCftPB (autographed): 85
    DStP: 673
    DStP (autographed): 59
    W&XP: 1,516
    W&XP (autographed): 139
    Holiday Ornaments: 120
    Sticker Sheets: 4,571
    Hitpoint Pads: 4,571
    Complete magnet sets: 10
    Crayon Drawings: 71

Total books to be shipped: 8,590
    Total items to be shipped: 25,496
    Total items requiring the Hand of the Giant: 744

Note: These numbers are all minimums; I didn't feel like going into the possibilities generated by mix & match categories, extra orders, etc.

Fittingly enough for a drive originally intended to reprint War & XPs, it is the most common book to be shipped; it is also the most common for signing.

16. - Top - End - #1846
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    It's the thread where Deegan Snarking became a blood sport.

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    No, no, no, then you can't use it as a coloring book. Coloring books have to open flat. (And I don't think you can perfect bind a book with less than 64 pages, or it might be 48 as the lower limit. But certainly not 32. It just isn't enough pages.)

Of course, I'm getting more than one to have one that is not colored. :)

My fiancee will be scanning the pages out for the children at work to color so we can keep the original in pristine condition. If she's learned one thing from working with children it's that you never hand them an actual coloring book. All nine hells break loose when that happens.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-02-04 at 02:36 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #1847
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Well, I bet it's intentional. The Mods probably figure that this thread will keep hitting 50 pages easy and in a relatively short amount of time, so it'd be a waste of time, effort and forum space to lock one and open another.
    Or maybe this is the first time a stickied thread has hit 50 pages and they're not sure what to do with it?

18. - Top - End - #1848
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
    Fittingly enough for a drive originally intended to reprint War & XPs, it is the most common book to be shipped
    Actually, that would be SS&DT as near as I can tell.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-04 at 03:12 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

19. - Top - End - #1849
    Titan in the Playground

The first 5 pages would be nothing but people making "woo new thread!" type comments. It's a one off started by the Giant, just saves the hassle of migrating everyone over to a new one.

Note: These numbers are all minimums; I didn't feel like going into the possibilities generated by mix & match categories, extra orders, etc.

But what if they were definites rather than possibilities? I have the original $65 signed DStP, but have had signed Snips & W&XP added to it by PM.

As an aside, one of the $65 pledges has become open again it seems, so if you want a signed DStP then run for your life & click it.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-04 at 05:49 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

20. - Top - End - #1850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post

As Troll Bräu noted, it's most likely intentional. It is an exception to the fun and compliance with the rules, citizen. Now please return to your fun.
    Checking out the links, wow. That's a lot. How about for stickied threads though? I don't feel like checking myself.

So what is Mystery Prize #4 going to be? And what could be added after that to keep the drive alive? There has to be a ceiling somewhere...

EDIT:
    Total items requiring the Hand of the Giant: 744

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like the minimum for items requiring the hand of the Giant is much higher:
    $38 Level: 25 signed
    $50 Level: 25 signed
    $52 Level: 30 signed
    $57 Level: 30 signed
    $60 Level: 25 signed
    $65 Level: 35 signed
    $83 Level: 50 signed
    $50 Level: 25 signed
    $92 Level: 35 signed (allowing for minimum of no one picking a second book)
    $96 Level: 50 signed
    $240 Level: 120 signed (all 8 magnets get signed)
    $250 Level: 50 drawings
    $262 Level: 180 signed (all 6 books signed)
    $305 Level: 175 signed (all 7 books signed)
    $575 Level: 175 signed (all 7 books signed), 15 drawings
    $600 Level: 5 drawings

Minimum: 1,050 drawings/signings (more likely 1,085 since I doubt people at the $92 level are refusing the choice of a second book).
    Last edited by CloakedDancer; 2012-02-04 at 10:09 AM.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

21. - Top - End - #1851
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    I figure it is just like the graph on KickStarter, that just keep getting taller, and taller...

People would just go ballistic if the Giant were to trim off the lower $400K on the next graph, putting that at the bottom of a new, abbreviated graph.

So why shouldn't this thread just keep getting bigger, and bigger...

22. - Top - End - #1852
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    The first 5 pages would be nothing but people making "woo new thread!" type comments. It's a one off started by the Giant, just saves the hassle of migrating everyone over to a new one.
    It would save a lot of hassle in every case. That's not an argument.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

23. - Top - End - #1853
    Ettin in the Playground

Recap: what is the current reward for 10 dollar pledge?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

24. - Top - End - #1854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Recap: what is the current reward for 10 dollar pledge?
    Donate $10, get:
    - O'chul origin story
    - Julio Scoundrel story
    - Dim Sun alternate reality OotS story
    - Sir Francois story
    - 3x stories bought by pledgers for $1,250 about a character of their choosing or a stick-ified version of another story of their choosing
    - Roy Fridge magnet

Choose a pledge to get either the poster or at least one book ($25+) and you also get:
    - A sheet of OotS Stickers
    - An OotS notepad
    - (In ~$3,000's time) A 32 page OotS colouring book.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-04 at 01:13 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1855
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Okay, I started a new thread to compile blogs, forums and news articles about the drive, and to suggest other places that we can post on, or write to, about the drive to try and get even more coverage of it. Figured I would create a separate thread, as there's already a lot going on in this one:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231412

26. - Top - End - #1856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Donate $10, get:
    - O'chul origin story
    - Julio Scoundrel story
    - Dim Sun alternate reality OotS story
    - Sir Francois story
    - 3x stories bought by pledgers for $1,250 about a character of their choosing or a stick-ified version of another story of their choosing
    - Roy Fridge magnet
    This and the $25 donation should be in a sticky.

27. - Top - End - #1857
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

eek Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    If Rich decides to try the OotS set of dice, I think it would be cool if, on the dice, they replace the highest number with the face of an OotS character ( Critical hit! Yay) and the lowest number with their Linear Guild nemesis ( Critical miss! Bwahaha!)
    What an awesome idea! Let's see, OOTS/Linear Guild faces could be:
    Vaarsuvius/Zz'dtri on the d4
    / on the d6
    /:yikyik: on the d8
    / on the d10
    /:hilgya: on the d12
    / on the d20
    Demon Cockroaches on the percentile d10?
    But then what about the more serious villains- , , Monster in the Dark? Hmm..
    Last edited by usuakari; 2012-02-04 at 01:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1858
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Personally, I would love to see an Order of the Stick mousepad. It's something that could easily fit into an envelope with the books (similar size to the hit point pad). Not sure what sort of cost would be incurred, but that could be an idea for a future reward level.
    Is very bad to steal Jobuu's rum. Is VERY bad.

29. - Top - End - #1859
    Dwarf in the Playground

$449,000! We'll make $450,000 in just about an hour, I bet...

30. - Top - End - #1860
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usuakari View Post
    What an awesome idea! Let's see, OOTS/Linear Guild faces could be:

/ on the d4
    / on the d6
    / on the d8
    / on the d10
    on the %
    / on the d12
    / on the d20
    / on either side of a coin

That's be my suggestion anyway.

Although I'd prefer just the Order's faces, with Mr. Scruffy or Blackwing on the % and the Xykon/Redcloak coin. But that's just me again, I'm not a big LG person.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-04 at 02:12 PM.