New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475767792117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1981
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by k_bukie View Post
    The web form change would be the least of their problems. A change like this is likely a wholescale database rework at this point, which probably isn't worth it to them until a future website revision.
    Step one: Break down all the existing packages by contents and assign those quantities to each existing user (making note not to lose anyone's signed copies).
    Step two: Update the Manage your Pledge page with checkboxes reflecting the existing quantities and allowing additional books and rewards to be added.
    Step three: Profit.

It's really not as hard as it sounds. And for what Kickstarter will earn from this project, they could spend a year developing it.

2. - Top - End - #1982
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Thagorn View Post
    ...have a database that supports multiple values and pledges that differentiated rewards and descriptions (so the description could be altered later without screwing people out of their money), but unfortunately it probably isn't worth it for them at this point.
    Alas, if you allowed the description to change, then you have a situation where someone pledges an amount expecting one thing - but then the description changes and it is something else entirely (no, not something Rich would do - but others might).

Oh, sure, people could go in and change their pledge, too - but I'm sure some people would pledge and then sorta forget it. They would be the most affected by description changes.

3. - Top - End - #1983

Do you guys understand how much Rich is spoiling us? Because we don't deserve all of these rewards. There's no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

4. - Top - End - #1984
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    Ooo, that coloring book looks so fun! Just like all of that other stuff! Excuse me, I need to switch to Swag Pack #1. And pledge more so I can get extra stuff.

It looks so much more fun than signatures, I gotta say.
    Just switched to Swag Pack #1 myself because it lets me get the art print too.

My pledge is at $52 and holding... for now. The odds that I will feel the need to increase it yet again are high.

Do you guys understand how much Rich is spoiling us? Because we don't deserve all of these rewards. There's no way.
    Personally, I'm rather of the opinion that we don't exactly deserve to be reading a comic of this quality for free on the internet. And yet we keep doing so.

If Rich wants to thank us in such an extremely extravagant manner, I'm not about to stop him. I'll likely throw some more of my money into my pledge periodically, but I'm not going to try and tell him that he's rewarding the backers too much.
    Last edited by CDP; 2012-02-06 at 09:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1985
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

We're giving him lots and lots of cash to allow him to do a huge print run that he would otherwise not be able to do and would in turn make him more money and spread his work to people who might not know about him. In return we get awesome stuff. It's called mutualism. It is a form of symbiosis.

We're like bees spreading his pollen around to help the flowers grow and spread, and in turn we get nectar for our honey... or would it be the other way around?
    Last edited by MReav; 2012-02-07 at 10:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1986
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    I'm curious, as a Canadian, I have to add 7$ to my shipment already. Does that mean I get a second colouring book automatically, or do I have to up my pledge by another 5$? I'm doubtful I can get away with this, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
    I'm pretty sure you have to add an extra $5 for an extra colouring book.

Just to note that:
    Every pledge that goes over the $125 mark (including any shipping surcharge) will get TWO sheets of stickers and TWO notepads, while every pledge that goes over the $250 mark (again, including shipping surcharge) will get TWO coloring books for no additional charge (and can still add a third one for $5).
    If we do hit the super sized mark and your total pledge INCLUDING SHIPPING is more than $250, you get the extra colouring book anyway. I had actually messaged Rich about this before as I wanted to get an art print as well, he helped to clarify that it is the TOTAL amount pledged that qualifies you for any bonus rewards e.g free art print, extra stickers etc.
    Last edited by Terribad; 2012-02-06 at 10:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1987
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, so I sent a message to Rich because curiosity kept getting to me and I wanted to know if I could add a signed No Cure to my current package of signed books.

With a swift response from Rich and thinking long and hard, I decided to say screw it and plunk down the extra cash to add the book. Because A) full collection and B) my lady wants her own hit point pad, and this lets me get the $125 order supersizing. Hooray!
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #1988
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah.

Still no T-shirts or other apparel.

Darn it Rich, I need a method to get the full set of books, take out SS&DT (since I already own it) and substitute in other things to knock me over 250 dollars.

Edit: In other words: I need more ways to throw my money at you Mr. Burlew!
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-02-06 at 11:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1989
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Question about fundraiser shwag

Can I piggyback another question on here? I currently lack War and XPs, Don't Split the Party, and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails. Is there any kickstart package that would include that set, or a close approximation thereof?

I'll definitely be kicking in something, since I want to see that O-Chul story.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

10. - Top - End - #1990
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Edit: In other words: I need more ways to throw my money at you Mr. Burlew!
    And I keep upping my pledge since he insists on throwing free stuff at us above $250. I know this kills the "free" part of it, but I can't help myself.

But some more reward levels would probably be good for the momentum. And for any aspiring PhDs' in "Oots Kickstarter pledge reward levels".

11. - Top - End - #1991
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rich is going to run into a new problem on Kickstarter very soon now. If you haven't noticed, each reward level must have its own dollar amount - no duplicates. And you can see where it looks like he wanted to do something the same as something else, but shifted it off by one or two dollars.

For example, there is a $24 reward, one for $25, and another for $26. I'm sure he'd have much rather just made them all $25, but Kickstarter doesn't offer/allow that.

So at any rate, it looks like a lot of the lower level $$ points are getting filled in with rewards. Soon, he won't be able to add more rewards, except at a much higher level.

...not that that is a bad thing...

12. - Top - End - #1992
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh - doesn't seem like anyone has noticed, or at least mentioned, but that isn't just a coloring book being offered. The cover mentions "and stuff to do".

What other goodies/surprises are lurking in that book?

13. - Top - End - #1993
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    Oh - doesn't seem like anyone has noticed, or at least mentioned, but that isn't just a coloring book being offered. The cover mentions "and stuff to do".

What other goodies/surprises are lurking in that book?
    I don't know, but I did add another 5 dollars (yes I am a cheap bastard) to my pledge to get a second one added to my rewards. I am very happy with my reward of the print only books, even though I would love to get the art-print as well, but I would not want to add another 10 dollar for shipping (more since I do not have a credit card :( )
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

14. - Top - End - #1994

Yay! I'm in :D

15. - Top - End - #1995
    Orc in the Playground

There's a $262 (signed Up To The Split, i.e. you get one of everything with all books signed, except Don't Split The Party) open at the moment. Damn, I wish I had money to spend on this...
    =Uncool-
    Last edited by uncool; 2012-02-07 at 01:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1996
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I've upped my pledge multiple times as this has gone on. I don't *think* that there is anything that could get me to increase it again at this point, but we'll see what tomorrow's update and Mystery #4 bring.

17. - Top - End - #1997
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay. I'm officially getting three signed books! Awesomeness!
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

18. - Top - End - #1998
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    It's really not as hard as it sounds. And for what Kickstarter will earn from this project, they could spend a year developing it.
    only if they've offshored all their programming. $25k doesn't go that far.
    >>< drow ><<

19. - Top - End - #1999
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    Step one: Break down all the existing packages by contents and assign those quantities to each existing user (making note not to lose anyone's signed copies).
    Step two: Update the Manage your Pledge page with checkboxes reflecting the existing quantities and allowing additional books and rewards to be added.
    Step three: Profit.

It isn't as easy as you make it sound. The pledge amounts are only numbers and a descriptor in the database. The Kickstarter database doesn't know that $25 is an art print book or the $222 is seven books. Never mind that Rich hacked together his own workaround to make updateable pledges and even he doesn't know what every pledge means.

It also depends on how they set up their database; a change from one-to-one to one-to-many relationship can add another table and change the database design.

I do think Kickstarter should look toward making this an integral part of their pledging system. I think Rich had a really smart and innovative way of encouraging people to add onto their pledge and to follow the progress of the drive, instead of just firing and forgetting.

Technically, you're right, it's not a hard change when done at the beginning but with the pledge drive ongoing, I wouldn't mess with something that's working as intended and mostly fine.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-02-07 at 02:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #2000

BarbarianGuy

Well upped my pledge by $5 for the extra colouring book. Hope there is nothing wlse I want to try and get cause the credit card won't take any more. Hope the exchange rate for the dollar doesn't change drasticlly either or I'll have to forget about the extra colouring book.

21. - Top - End - #2001
    Troll in the Playground

I wish I could increase my pledge to get more pads and stickers, especially more stickers, but I don't want to give up my signed art print. I have added extra for a second coloring book. I hope a similar option will happen for stickers and HP pads.

22. - Top - End - #2002
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    I wish I could increase my pledge to get more pads and stickers, especially more stickers, but I don't want to give up my signed art print. I have added extra for a second coloring book. I hope a similar option will happen for stickers and HP pads.
    You can donate more than the minimum if you want to up it to get more stickers.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

23. - Top - End - #2003
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    We're like bees spreading his pollen around to help the flowers grow and spread, and in turn we get nectar for our honey... or would it be the other way around?
    I think Rich is the bee, and we're the flowers. Nectar = money, honey = OotS stuff.

(MReav's analogy, not mine.)

24. - Top - End - #2004
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Can I piggyback another question on here? I currently lack War and XPs, Don't Split the Party, and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails. Is there any kickstart package that would include that set, or a close approximation thereof?
    Close approximation: in Kickstarter, $78 for War and XPs and Don't Split the Party (includes shipping). Outside of Kickstarter, $21.95 plus shipping for Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales from Ookoodook (click here).

I know it's more fun to order Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales as part of the Kickstarter drive, but one advantage of doing it this way is that you get Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales sooner, and it really is a great book.

25. - Top - End - #2005
    Ogre in the Playground

Less than $22,000 until the supersize line.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

26. - Top - End - #2006
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Umberhulk View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm missing something. Maybe this has an answer already that I missed. I can't figure out how to e-mail Rich.

There are some bonus fundraiser items, such as the stickers and coloring book, being given away when you buy a book. I already have all of the books and just want some the shwag. Will these be available for individual purchase?
    Yes - go to the kickstarter page and scroll down the rewards. You will see Swag Pack #1 ($32) and Swag Pack #2 ($55). Books are optional, swag pack #1 lets you add the art print as an option, swag pack #2 does not.

Enjoy!

27. - Top - End - #2007
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

everytime new rewards come out, i keep uping my pledge. just got the extra coloring book. now im wondering about shirts or an oots tote bag.

28. - Top - End - #2008
    Halfling in the Playground

Am I right that the cheapest available option that includes Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is the $67 one that has three books? :( I just need that one book....
    Dragons are real, buffaloes fly.
    Spoiler
    Show

The bunny rules, and so do I!

29. - Top - End - #2009
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fall_ark View Post
    Am I right that the cheapest available option that includes Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is the $67 one that has three books? :( I just need that one book....
    Snips isn't being reprinted, so it's technically the most scarce book atm. So unlike the others it can't be given an open pledge. Technically the cheapest one is the $24 pledge, since you can add a single book to that for $30, for a total of $54. Or the $25 one if you prefer the poster to two colouring books.

You could message Rich through Kickstarter to see if you can add a single copy by pledging $10 & then actually donating $40 (based on +$30/book)?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-07 at 12:05 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #2010
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by fall_ark View Post
    Actually, there's exactly one for 35$, right now.

Edit: Not any more.
    Last edited by MReav; 2012-02-07 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Not any more it's available.