New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 71 of 136 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Update...

...dragon.

eep!

2. - Top - End - #2102
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Update!! At last! Rich put up a cool colour coded rewards chart. Now if anyone has questions, we can just say "See update #16"!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #2103
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh no, run for it, V!

4. - Top - End - #2104
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBB View Post
    Update!! At last! Rich put up a cool colour coded rewards chart. Now if anyone has questions, we can just say "See update #16"!
    At least the $32 reward gives the option for adding the art print even if it doesn't include it outright. I'm keeping my pledge here.

5. - Top - End - #2105
    Ogre in the Playground

So...either I'm getting the $25 print (and adding SSaDT), or I'm getting to complete collection and pledging $250...gah, I need to get that money! Huzzah for the awesome chart that makes it perfectly clear how much I want to donate!

6. - Top - End - #2106
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I already have all the books except for War and XPs. I am soooooo stoked that Rich is doing this kickstarter. I pledged for $45 + $5 to get an extra coloring book, but I also wanted the 8x10 so I logged in as my daughter and bought her a $25 pledge so I can get the print. That's $75 now, which is minimal compared to some of you, but it's a lot for me.

How can I get the whole set of magnets? Are they all still in print and can I up my pledge to add the remainder of the magnets?

Matt O.
    aka catsclaw227

7. - Top - End - #2107
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by catsclaw227 View Post
    How can I get the whole set of magnets? Are they all still in print and can I up my pledge to add the remainder of the magnets?
    Find someone who has them already and convince him to part with them.

Aside from the Roy magnet, they are all from limited print runs from a while back and will never be reprinted, so the number available is limited to the quantity Rich physically has and all of the complete sets are already spoken for.

Sorry.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

8. - Top - End - #2108
    Bugbear in the Playground

We're number five! We're number five!

PS: The Elevation Dock has hit all-time first place, and headed for a million.
    Last edited by Yendor; 2012-02-08 at 10:31 PM.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

9. - Top - End - #2109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    PS: The Elevation Dock has hit all-time first place, and headed for a million.
    Personally, I'm shocked how popular a lump of aluminum can be.

10. - Top - End - #2110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    As am I. I don't get why an iPod dock would be the thing to be popular like this. Of course, I don't get why iPods are popular either.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #2111
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So I'm pretty sure that the dragon will be defeated by Roy falling on it.

12. - Top - End - #2112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDJ View Post
    This is assuming Priority Mail. There is always just Parcel Post.
    No. He wouldn't ship parcel post. That's not a very secure way to ship. Lots of packages would end up missing or damaged. He's done it before and taken a severe hit replacing them. Unlike a company like Amazon, who can absorb the cost of damaged shipments, a small business owner can't take that risk.

13. - Top - End - #2113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dammit. We need to raise up another 400,000 in the next 12 days. We must reach the top of the 10!

Mr Burlew, add more character appearances, or promise more really cool stuff. We must raise ourselves higher than this half million!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #2114
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

*Starts setting up the tables, decorations, and refreshments for the 1000% party*

15. - Top - End - #2115
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Man, I hate to be a buzzkill, but there is going to be a new #1 Kickstarter project in about 33 days:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure

Tim Schafer's DoubleFine announced tonight that they are funding their next game, a classic adventure game, through Kickstarter. And in the handful of hours it has been up, it has already raised more than 223,000 freaking dollars.

I'm actually super geeked about this. There's probably no individual developer whose work I enjoy more than Schafer's. And there's certainly no active developer today whose work I have been playing as long.
    Last edited by bjornthedwarf; 2012-02-09 at 01:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #2116
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Wait, it wasn't enough to have Notch throwing money at them? Now they're going to conquer Kickstarter too? What could justif--DOES THAT SAY RON GILBERT?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

17. - Top - End - #2117
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Wait, it wasn't enough to have Notch throwing money at them? Now they're going to conquer Kickstarter too? What could justif--DOES THAT SAY RON GILBERT?
    Yessir. The Grumpy Gamer has been working for Double Fine for some time now:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ron-gil...e-fine-6279722

As wonderful as this Kickstarter project has been, I'm ready to bow to the new King. Oh... and pledge, too.

(And just for Shale, one more awesome Ron Gilbert link: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1014732...tmortem-MANIAC)

18. - Top - End - #2118
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JustADecoy View Post
    As wonderful as this Kickstarter project has been, I'm ready to bow to the new King. Oh... and pledge, too.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Giant has spoiled us more than pretty much any project, ever. These are the first two KS projects I've ever donated to, but I've watched a quite a few over the last year and I've never seen anyone include as much stuff as the Giant has in his.

19. - Top - End - #2119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    It's a really nice piece of aluminium?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    Man, I hate to be a buzzkill, but there is going to be a new #1 Kickstarter project in about 33 days:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure
    Eh, at least we'll be in the top ten for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

20. - Top - End - #2120
    Ogre in the Playground

Yikes, it looks like Double Fine are going to hit their $400,000 target by the time my manager comes in in an hour or so.

Well I enjoyed Monkey Island et all when I was a lad, and I've heard nothing but good about Psychonauts, so I certainly don't begrudge Mister Schafer for what looks like a resounding success.

Kickstarter and similar sites are really exciting to follow.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

21. - Top - End - #2121

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by JustADecoy View Post
    Yessir. The Grumpy Gamer has been working for Double Fine for some time now
    If you look on the Doublefine site it has some additional premium rewards past $10k, two of which are:

Pledge $30,000 or more:
    Picture of Ron Gilbert smiling.

Pledge $35,000 or more:
    Undoctored picture of Ron Gilbert smiling.

Anyway, since the Double Fine pledge drive ends in a different month to ours, it shouldn't affect it too much...

22. - Top - End - #2122
    Ettin in the Playground

A new point and click adventure from Tim Schaefer and Ron Gilbert?!

(The user posting this appears to have frozen up. Please restart by throwing a bucket of ice water over him)

EDIT: Forgive me, Rich, for I have sinned. I've pledged to another Kickstarter drive in addition to this one.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-02-09 at 06:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #2123
    Orc in the Playground

You know, when you have a hoard of 500,000+ gold pieces, a dragon is likely to hear about it and show up to (try to) relieve you of the burden...

24. - Top - End - #2124

PaladinGuy

Well...we'll be in the Top 5 for a few weeks after the OoTS Kickstarter closes at least...depending on how far we go we may stay there, despite of the game.

Speaking of which, we're barreling down on 1000% funded and 600K. Exciting times!

EDIT: OotS is also, as of this writing, Kickstarter's featured Project of the Day
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-02-09 at 07:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #2125
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah, the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter is already at $516,542 out of their $400,000 goal. How many hours ago was it posted again?

In other news, I upped my pledge to $259 for the whole pack, including shipment to Europe.

In further other news, Double K is having a pledge drive that ends in 34 hours. If you want to support the printing of the awesome Gurren Lagann-based buddy cop comic that's completely true to the original show's style (and if you still got ay funds left in your wallet), check it out.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

26. - Top - End - #2126

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Woah, the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter is already at $516,542 out of their $400,000 goal. How many hours ago was it posted again?
    Less than 24 hours...I suspect I know what project will be in Kickstarter's record-breaking first day takings for 2012!

27. - Top - End - #2127
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Well, so much for fifth place...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

28. - Top - End - #2128
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

And Double Fine officially passes us!

No disrespect to other projects though. We've still secured the #1 in publishing and comics for all time! Now let's drive a few more nails into that coffin!

29. - Top - End - #2129

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Well, so much for fifth place...
    Well...technically speaking they don't have fifth place until the drive ends. All their backers could theoretically pull out. So we'll hold 5th place for a few weeks in the time between when the OotS drive ends, and when the DoubleFine drive ends.

But yeah, basically, we're shaping up to be 1st in comics and 6th overall. Not bad, by any means.

30. - Top - End - #2130
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just hope everyone keeps in mind that this project isn't really competing with other projects. Really, at this point, the only "goals" that exist are to see how high the number gets.

Of course, I'm also under the impression that Rich is working on something...new for a goal.