New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 74 of 136 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576777879808182838499124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2191
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Sheesh, is that Double Fine pledge drive ever going to slow down? At this rate they'll be the first $10 million funded Kickstarter project! (And the game is going to have the largest credits screen ever, considering well over 3000 people have pledged to get their name into the credits ).

Mind you, our drive ought to win some sort of award for consistency...apart from a slight wobble the first weekend the upward slope of the line on the chart has been amazingly straight!

2. - Top - End - #2192
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    I am afraid that as soon as the game is added to the rewards I will need to pledge higher. Well I know where my bonus for this year goes to (as if I'm getting any ).

Anyway, For the OOTS-game I will change my pledge.
    Yeah, same here. I have all the books, but not the game, and I've thought about getting it but always been just a little too cheap.

It's probably been said a million times (I haven't exactly been able to keep up with this thread!), but I have been impressed and more than a bit moved to watch Mr. Burlew's reaction to the whole thing. He just sounds so genuinely, humbly touched by all the support, and I can honestly believe it's for the sake of the people who want the books. It makes me feel good to think authors I like are good people. How can I not want such a man to have my money? And it sounds way too much like sucking up, but seriously, the fans are crazy enthusiastic, the author's moved, the prizes are great fun and everyone's winning. It just gets this big "d'aaaw" out of me.

3. - Top - End - #2193
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I think I need to make a new account for the game, but anyway, I now get the 3 print only books, and I would love to get the game. But in Europe it's not that easy to get those things for a low price.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #2194
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Sheesh, is that Double Fine pledge drive ever going to slow down? At this rate they'll be the first $10 million funded Kickstarter project! (And the game is going to have the largest credits screen ever, considering well over 3000 people have pledged to get their name into the credits ).
    I have to confess, as a big fan of adventure games, Schafer and Double Fine, I really want to see this go as far as it can. The more money they get, the more resources they're going to put into making the game more awesome.

I'm also excited to see some OotS adventure game goodies on the horizon. Extra cards will be great!

5. - Top - End - #2195
    Ogre in the Playground

I pledged $19 to Mister Schafer, because Guybrush taught me I should never pay more than 20 bucks for a video game.

I actually pledged $30 because $11 for a soundtrack and a HD documentary sounds a sweet deal.

Anywho I wonder if we'll hit MP #6 by Saturday night?
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

6. - Top - End - #2196
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ok, I'm honest, I suck at searching.
    I'm from Italy and I'd like to receive the 25$ pack. How do I deal with the shipping cost?

7. - Top - End - #2197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lisselys View Post
    Ok, I'm honest, I suck at searching.
    I'm from Italy and I'd like to receive the 25$ pack. How do I deal with the shipping cost?
    Pledge $35, then choose the $25 reward.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

8. - Top - End - #2198

GnomeWizardGuy

Or pick the $25 reward, then on the next page up it to $35.

9. - Top - End - #2199

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    That's all? 10$ for shipping?

10. - Top - End - #2200
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. It's a pretty sweet deal for us forners.
    - The Flying Kipper

11. - Top - End - #2201

GnomeWizardGuy

I hope Rich isn't eating too much of the costs, because it's a darn good deal.

12. - Top - End - #2202
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a ding on $600,000!
    - The Flying Kipper

13. - Top - End - #2203
    Ettin in the Playground

Meeeeeeeeeeeh, so now when Rich adds Oots Game: Deluxe versions with the mini expansion pack, that'll be ANOTHER thing to add to my order....

14. - Top - End - #2204

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I hope Rich isn't eating too much of the costs, because it's a darn good deal.
    Damn yeah! I have my girlfriend which is trying to become a writer, and the books' cost are incredibly high! Kind like 16€ for a 18€ book!
    However, being a man of commerce and art as he is, I don't think he underestimated this particular...
    The update about administration's stuff however worries me

15. - Top - End - #2205
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    For several of the lower reward levels, yes. (Each reward lists how much to add to the reward level for Intl shipping). I just mention this because some of the higher rewards, (that is, larger packages), require add $37 for Intl shipping.

16. - Top - End - #2206
    Ettin in the Playground

I've missed soooo many pages. D:

17. - Top - End - #2207

I just gotta say: that new "Whole Set" offer was way too tempting! I was going to pledge at the minimum level but, well, I've wanted the complete set for a while but couldn't justify it to myself. Well played, sir!

18. - Top - End - #2208
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by B. Dandelion View Post
    Yeah, same here. I have all the books, but not the game, and I've thought about getting it but always been just a little too cheap.

It's probably been said a million times (I haven't exactly been able to keep up with this thread!), but I have been impressed and more than a bit moved to watch Mr. Burlew's reaction to the whole thing. He just sounds so genuinely, humbly touched by all the support, and I can honestly believe it's for the sake of the people who want the books. It makes me feel good to think authors I like are good people. How can I not want such a man to have my money? And it sounds way too much like sucking up, but seriously, the fans are crazy enthusiastic, the author's moved, the prizes are great fun and everyone's winning. It just gets this big "d'aaaw" out of me.
    I agree with the sentiment completely, Dandelion. Instead of a single, selfish Charlie Sheen 'winning' everyone gets to get on this winning.

Speaking of, finally pledged! I might pledge more for the game, if it's available toward the end of the drive (which I have no doubt it will be, sooner or later)

19. - Top - End - #2209
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've decided to finally stop my perennial lurking on these forums. It's time to say something worth saying, like "I pledge allegiance to the OOTS - here's my money for the Kickstarter project". Let's see how high the chart will go!

20. - Top - End - #2210
    Dwarf in the Playground

I, for one, could totally get behind a "buy Rich a Cintiq" line. I really hope he makes a profit off of this, as in I hope people actually buy some books after he goes to all this trouble.

I've shot him a kickstarter message asking whether it would be more beneficial to him for me to donate 10 to the kickstarter for the PDFs, then buy the books when they print, or to donate 10 + book price to the kickstarter and select the 222 reward. I'm really only interested in the books and PDFs.

In case he doesn't get to my message in the sea of other messages, do we have any speculation here?

21. - Top - End - #2211
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    I, for one, could totally get behind a "buy Rich a Cintiq" line. I really hope he makes a profit off of this, as in I hope people actually buy some books after he goes to all this trouble.

I've shot him a kickstarter message asking whether it would be more beneficial to him for me to donate 10 to the kickstarter for the PDFs, then buy the books when they print, or to donate 10 + book price to the kickstarter and select the 222 reward. I'm really only interested in the books and PDFs.

In case he doesn't get to my message in the sea of other messages, do we have any speculation here?
    I'd say it's more beneficial to you to select the 222 reward. It includes SS&DT which is very popular for this drive and may be hard to get afterwards.

22. - Top - End - #2212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen Hero View Post
    I might pledge more for the game, if it's available toward the end of the drive (which I have no doubt it will be, sooner or later)
    Great thing about kickstarter is that you can increase your pledge now in order to push it over the game line and then select that reward when it comes available. That's what I do. I increase my pledge by another $60 in the hopes to push the line over. If it doesn't happen, I might decrease it.

23. - Top - End - #2213
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Well, the most beneficial to Rich option would be for you to make an enormous pledge on kickstarter and then select a reward that costs a lot less.

In terms of paying the minimum for your reward and viewing it as a purchase, I'm not sure which one would get a higher amount of your money into Rich's pockets but I'm fairly confident he'd prefer a kickstarter pledge and say it would help him assess demand more accurately.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

24. - Top - End - #2214

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Well, the most beneficial to Rich option would be for you to make an enormous pledge on kickstarter and then select a reward that costs a lot less.

In terms of paying the minimum for your reward and viewing it as a purchase, I'm not sure which one would get a higher amount of your money into Rich's pockets but I'm fairly confident he'd prefer a kickstarter pledge and say it would help him assess demand more accurately.
    Actually, at this point where the whole pack of full prints is guaranteed, economically speaking, I think it's better for Rich if you buy via Ookdook.

Edit: Altough it is true that if you're interested in SS&DT, you should probably pledge for it.
    Last edited by Xapi; 2012-02-10 at 01:42 PM.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

25. - Top - End - #2215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Douglas, my thinking was that Rich already said he doesn't want to make any money off of the kickstarter that isn't immediately put back into funding more books and rewards, and that the only profit he'll make from all this is the profit from the book sales after the printing. Now all the books are funded and he's having to come up with new things to put the money towards and still isn't keeping anything for himself.

My interpretation of these facts is that the worst outcome for Rich at this point is if he spends all this kickstarter money reprinting books, making and shipping the various rewards, and then nobody buys the books from ookdook because everyone who wanted one already got it in a reward, which he gets no profit from.

26. - Top - End - #2216

OldWizardGuy

To be honest, if you really want to get SS&DT, you might want to buy it from Ookoodook now. I got onto the Kickstarter bandwagon late and wanted to get SS&DT for my brother's birthday, but all the "just SS&DT" options were gone. So I ordered it from Ookoodook, and it's already been shipped. The stock will be pretty darn low after this pledge drive is over, so you might want to get it as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Cazaril; 2012-02-10 at 03:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #2217
    Colossus in the Playground

My interpretation of these facts is that the worst outcome for Rich at this point is if he spends all this kickstarter money reprinting books, making and shipping the various rewards, and then nobody buys the books from ookdook because everyone who wanted one already got it in a reward, which he gets no profit from.
    I know at least one person who is getting the books from Ookoodook instead of from the Kickstarter rewards.

28. - Top - End - #2218

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    To be honest, if you really want to get SS&DT, you might want to buy it from Ookoodook now. I got onto the Kickstarter bandwagon late and wanted to get SS&DT from my brother's birthday, but all the "just SS&DT" options were gone. So I ordered it from Ookoodook, and it's already been shipped. The stock will be pretty darn low after this pledge drive is over, so you might want to get it as soon as possible.
    I did this too. Though I'm also one of the $83 Kickstarter buy ins. I bought SoD and SSaDT on OokooDook partly for fear that SSaDT would go out of stock, and partly because I know Rich isn't seeing much (if any) profit off the Kickstarter drive. This way I can put some profit in his pocket too.

29. - Top - End - #2219
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Post Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I know when the books are reprinted, and I'm working again I plan to buy all the books again from ookoodok for my girlfriends son.

I could be wrong but there are also a lot f pledges that don't include books some of those could very well buy books later giving Rich some profit.

30. - Top - End - #2220
    Ettin in the Playground

Would anyone be lovely enough to break down the price of the different reward levels compared to how much it would be if you purchased said items from one of the online stores Rich puts his material through?

I have a point to prove and I know someone already did a similar breakdown (several times even) earlier on in the thread.

And...well...70+ pages is a lot to comb through.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-02-10 at 05:57 PM.