New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 77 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102127 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2281
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Reading through that first OOTS discussion, it's cracking me up that, in the very first chat about the very first strip, it didn't even take ten posts for somebody to ask about the schedule.
    Also, here, Rich's historic answer to the first ever suggestion that he might make money out of the strip someday.

2. - Top - End - #2282
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Heck, let's just get plushie everything! (Because someone has to say it)
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

3. - Top - End - #2283
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Also, here, Rich's historic answer to the first ever suggestion that he might make money out of the strip someday.
    Now to imagine how the Rich of the past would react if the present-day Rich showed up with a time machine. He'd never believe we would throw almost $650,000 at him for books. Or that the person who said OOTS was good enough for Dragon was right. Or quite a few other things, now that I really think about it.

Oh, how things change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

4. - Top - End - #2284
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

$5299 more until the adventure game gets added to the rewards.

5. - Top - End - #2285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMonk View Post
    Why don't you expect to be surprised?
    This discussion is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Plushie Miko. Because she was clearly never hugged enough.
    "Or something else..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #2286
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Awww, Belkar has a soft spot for small furry creatures.

I wonder if that will be his undoing?.
    As long as we are looking back through history... If Belkar's death does happen to involve Mr. Scruffy we know who really called it! (Please don't take this as an excuse to actually debate that topic though...)

:"Honey, we're out of milk."
    :"Clearly, that means the gods want me to kill you! Slash! Slash! Slash!"

:"Well it's about time! I was starting to think I'd researched that 'Xykon's Moderately-Escapeable Forcecage' spell for nothing!"
    vide:"Sacrificing minions: is there any problem you CAN'T solve?"

7. - Top - End - #2287
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been trying to figure out how you make a plush stick figure. Then I noticed these Questionable Content plushies of Pintsize. Pintsize isn't exactly a stick figure but his limbs are excessively thin. Just imagine the feet being two yellow boots, one bigger than the other and the hands ending in felt half circles and Pintsize could be an OOTS stick figure.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc...ory_Code=PLUSH

(I am in no way associated with this merchant have no financial stake in the purchase of these plushies.)

8. - Top - End - #2288
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Plushie Miko. Because she was clearly never hugged enough.
    I felt sorry for her realisation that she made Azure City to fall but a plushie doll does not redeem her actions that caused what happened in Azure City. Thanks to her, Azurites are now living one their own Nicaea (Temporary Refuge for Byzantines) (which is now turned it into Trebizond (permanent Refuge for Byzantines) after fall of the resistance).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

9. - Top - End - #2289
    Dwarf in the Playground

@above: C'mon, look into the plushie's eyes and say that.

10. - Top - End - #2290
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I would much prefer an O-Chul plushie complete with plush shark and plush tank filled with plush acid to a Miko plushie.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #2291
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want real acid and a real shark.

So then, when my neighbour comes round to ask for some sugar, I'll be all like "Oh, just go into the kitchen", but when they go into the kitchen, there'll be a shark, and they'll be all like "Oh no there's a shark".

Pure genius.

12. - Top - End - #2292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I felt sorry for her realisation that she made Azure City to fall but a plushie doll does not redeem her actions that caused what happened in Azure City. Thanks to her, Azurites are now living one their own Nicaea (Temporary Refuge for Byzantines) (which is now turned it into Trebizond (permanent Refuge for Byzantines) after fall of the resistance).
    I think it was just an honest mistake. She just had no idea what she was doing. At any rate, it was somewhat necessary, since Xykon would have been destroyed by Soon's ghost, bringing the plot to an abrupt halt. Also, plushies can redeem pretty much anything. They're so soft and fuzzy! There needs to be a plushy of Timothy from comic 122.

I do applaud your knowledge of the Byzantines and their refuges.

13. - Top - End - #2293
    Dwarf in the Playground

@above: We need a Timothy plushie. I'd go so far as to say he is more important than the Order themselves.

14. - Top - End - #2294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just about $400 until the adventure game expansion.

I have a feeling that the pledge numbers will get a decent bump after those rewards are implemented.

15. - Top - End - #2295
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want that board game so bad now...

16. - Top - End - #2296
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll do it this time.

Achievement Unlocked: Adventure Game Mini-Expansion
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

17. - Top - End - #2297
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (Adventure Game Mini-Expansion)

Server slowdown bit me.

*looks up and sees other post*

Errr.. That is to say, I'll let Chess435 grab it this time. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-12 at 10:41 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #2298
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It certainly has slowed down now though (although it is the weekend and it could pick up again during the week).

What I reckon is needed is some more rewards at the top end of the scale. The $1250 and $5000 ones went pretty quick. Some more up at that level might encourage some people to upgrade existing pledges, allowing THEIR pledge to be upgraded to by someone currently lower, and so on. Might spark a new boost.

No, I don't know what they could be :-)

19. - Top - End - #2299
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    It certainly has slowed down now though (although it is the weekend and it could pick up again during the week).
    Actually in my opinion it's been pretty darn good today (though we're probably due for the nighttime slowdown any time now). It's been averaging over $1K an hour all day long. Or at least since the Western Hemisphere woke up.

Now, yesterday, yeah that was slow.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-12 at 10:45 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #2300
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoo! I out-ninja'd the ninja!
    ^~Cody T.~^

21. - Top - End - #2301
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Animidest View Post
    I think it was just an honest mistake. She just had no idea what she was doing. At any rate, it was somewhat necessary, since Xykon would have been destroyed by Soon's ghost, bringing the plot to an abrupt halt. Also, plushies can redeem pretty much anything. They're so soft and fuzzy! There needs to be a plushy of Timothy from comic 122.

I do applaud your knowledge of the Byzantines and their refuges.
    Thanks and Just like a old father-to-son tells:
    Son: Daddy, why the hero didn't kill the villain on this episode?
    Father: The show must go on!
    Azurites are like Byzantines. They got deadly court, city turned into another epi center (Byzantine to Turks).
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #2302
    Ettin in the Playground

How about miniatures replica of Thanh's death? Kinda like Halo "Believe" ad.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #2303
    Dwarf in the Playground

My numbers show that between 6:30 PM last night and 10:30 AM this morning (all times US Eastern) seemed to be the slowest time; we only made about $6,652 over those 16 hours (so, $415 an hour, that would be).

However, in the 12 1/2 hours between 10:30 AM and 11 PM (my last reference point), we made $15,237; that's $1,219 per hour. Not at all bad.

24. - Top - End - #2304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    He just didn't know how much to ask for. $100? Nah. $700k? Coming right up!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I think I would much prefer an O-Chul plushie complete with plush shark and plush tank filled with plush acid to a Miko plushie.
    The O-Chul plushie would have to be woven from steel and carbon fiber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

25. - Top - End - #2305
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

I can't believe I almost completely missed this.

Wish there was still an opportunity to get a signed copy of each of the books and/or crayon drawings. Brilliant idea. Glad to see it's been so successful.

26. - Top - End - #2306
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think the best way to do an OotS plushie would be to give it a pliable wire frame underneath (roughly in the shape of an xkcd-style stick figure, but with feet and 3 fingers). And then over that you'd have the actual soft and cuddly part, with the line parts (arms and legs) being black plush around the wire.

Not sure how one could achieve a MitD plushie though... unless it was a sort of black truncated cone with yellow eyes and an Evil Kitty umbrella on top.

27. - Top - End - #2307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    I think the best way to do an OotS plushie would be to give it a pliable wire frame underneath (roughly in the shape of an xkcd-style stick figure, but with feet and 3 fingers). And then over that you'd have the actual soft and cuddly part, with the line parts (arms and legs) being black plush around the wire.

Not sure how one could achieve a MitD plushie though... unless it was a sort of black truncated cone with yellow eyes and an Evil Kitty umbrella on top.
    The MitD plushie would a large plush bag/container that you can stick another plushie into and zip it up.

Then you can pretend that the MitD was really <insert character here> all along!

Edit: And it would come with a half-dozen Demon Roach mini-plushies, too!
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2012-02-13 at 01:15 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #2308
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, 9003 pledgers.

...Nope, not gonna say it.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

29. - Top - End - #2309
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Hmm, 9003 pledgers.

...Nope, not gonna say it.
    Doooo it.....Doooooo it.....

30. - Top - End - #2310
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing I find notable is that while Double Fine went crazy and broke $1,000,000 within 24 hours, they seem to have pretty muck topped out during day two. The last couple days I've checked, they've barely moved $100,000 altogether, which is about $50,000 a day. That can be compared to OotS growth rate when it was at its peak.

Disclaimer: measurements may not be accurate and are based off memory more than anything.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-13 at 10:22 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!