New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 81 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3156717273747576777879808182838485868788899091106131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2401
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Antacid View Post

If there's time, what I'd like is an extra option for $10 (AND NO LESS) where I ONLY get the .PDF and opt out of the magnet.

At the end of the drive you can opt out of being sent your magnet in the email to confirm postage addresses if you so choose.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #2402
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Hence my request: I only pledged $10, and I don't actually want any physical rewards - I'm only really interested in the 20-page .PDF O-Chul download (and possible subsequent downloads, but O-Chul is worth the $10). The way the pledge is set up I'm basically forcing Rich to spend monies on sending me a fridge magnet I don't want, when I'd rather it be spent on him being awesome, or rolling around in giant piles of cash if that's what he'd prefer. This especially because I'm an international customer and sending me things is more expensive.

If there's time, what I'd like is an extra option for $10 (AND NO LESS) where I ONLY get the .PDF and opt out of the magnet.

If this demand (I mean request) is fulfilled I may do something wildly extravagant like raise my pledge to $12 purely because of the warm feeling the attention will give me.
    Shoot Rich a message on Kickstarter telling him you would like to waive your right to a magnet. You'll still get the PDF downloads and not have to worry about the magnet.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #2403
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Weird Al reads Erfworld!
    Wait, what? Was it on his Twitter or something? (I don't know if he has one...)

And if he reads Erfworld, does he read OotS? Is he on this very forum?!? Is he in this very thrad?!?!?

Will the real Weird Al please stand up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #2404
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    At the end of the drive you can opt out of being sent your magnet in the email to confirm postage addresses if you so choose.
    Okay, thanks for the info. I'll calm down a bit now.

5. - Top - End - #2405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Shoot Rich a message on Kickstarter telling him you would like to waive your right to a magnet. You'll still get the PDF downloads and not have to worry about the magnet.
    With respect, don't do this. He's asked people not to as his inbox is clogged up enough as it is, saying to wait until the drive is over (at least I believe, it's a long thread I could be misremembering).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #2406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Wait, what? Was it on his Twitter or something? (I don't know if he has one...)

And if he reads Erfworld, does he read OotS? Is he on this very forum?!? Is he in this very thrad?!?!?

Will the real Weird Al please stand up!
    Yeah, seconding this. Can this claim be substantiated?
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

7. - Top - End - #2407
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Yeah, seconding this. Can this claim be substantiated?
    Well, Weird Al was one of the jury for the Logan Awards for Excellence in Comedy Music, which Rob Balder was the chair for last year.

So there's a link, but nothing I can find saying Mr. Yankovic reads the comic.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #2408
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Don't ask Rich. It will work just fine. "Pick any book" means exactly that. Let me worry about the stock levels, I don't expect to run out during this drive unless there is a sudden surge of 1000+ orders for SSADT on the last day.
    From the big man himself. Cant ask for a more definitive answer than that

9. - Top - End - #2409
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, this Kickstarter thing was enough to get me to finally stop lurking.

Anyway, just making sure I'm doing it right. I want the art package and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales. So I pledged $65. That's $25 for the art package, $30 for any book, and $10 for international shipping.

That should do it, right?

10. - Top - End - #2410
    Ogre in the Playground

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

I've already made my pledge, but just read all the updates for the first time, and got to this part:

Hence my request: I only pledged $10, and I don't actually want any physical rewards - I'm only really interested in the 20-page .PDF O-Chul download (and possible subsequent downloads, but O-Chul is worth the $10). The way the pledge is set up I'm basically forcing Rich to spend monies on sending me a fridge magnet I don't want, when I'd rather it be spent on him being awesome, or rolling around in giant piles of cash if that's what he'd prefer. This especially because I'm an international customer and sending me things is more expensive.

If this demand (I mean request) is fulfilled I may do something wildly extravagant like raise my pledge to $12 purely because of the warm feeling the attention will give me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Alternately, you could give him my contact info.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

11. - Top - End - #2411
    Ettin in the Playground

That should indeed be right.

12. - Top - End - #2412
    Orc in the Playground

Wait, what? Was it on his Twitter or something?
    From the Erfworld Kickstarter page:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dr. Gamera; 2012-02-14 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Spoiler tag for large image.

13. - Top - End - #2413
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...How do we know that's not a Weird Al impersonator?

14. - Top - End - #2414
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    That should indeed be right.
    Excellent. This Kickstarter idea is pretty neat, and wow at the results the OOTS one is giving.

15. - Top - End - #2415
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Well, this Kickstarter thing was enough to get me to finally stop lurking.

Anyway, just making sure I'm doing it right. I want the art package and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales. So I pledged $65. That's $25 for the art package, $30 for any book, and $10 for international shipping.

That should do it, right?
    Thats exactly what I have pledged mate, wanting the same package of print and Snips book.
    Last edited by ChuddleyFuttock; 2012-02-14 at 07:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #2416
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    ...How do we know that's not a Weird Al impersonator?
    Or Howard Stern!
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

17. - Top - End - #2417
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Or Howard Stern!
    Wrong hair color, and his face isn't nearly drug-shriveled enough.

The Alpocalypse has begun! The Nerd Singularity is upon us!

18. - Top - End - #2418
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Six hundred short of $750,000... that's a whole lotta comics o_O

19. - Top - End - #2419
    Halfling in the Playground

$750,280!!! Over three quarters of a MILLION dollars!! WOOT!!!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

20. - Top - End - #2420
    Pixie in the Playground

I wonder how realistic it is to set a goal to reach one million in 6 days....
    Avatar drawn by the extraordinarily talented Ceika!

21. - Top - End - #2421
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Cat View Post
    I wonder how realistic it is to set a goal to reach one million in 6 days....
    The daily average is something like ~31k$, so even if that does not drop (and it will) we will only reach 930k$. What could give a little boost is that kickstarter sends out a mail to everyone who favorited (but did not yet pledge to) the campaign two days before it ends. I would say it is unlikely, but not impossible to reach the million.
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

22. - Top - End - #2422
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Giant needs to add a 10,000 dollar pledge. What for, I don't know. But it would be awesome!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #2423
    Pixie in the Playground

Double post somehow, sorry
    Last edited by The Black Cat; 2012-02-14 at 09:33 PM.
    Avatar drawn by the extraordinarily talented Ceika!

24. - Top - End - #2424
    Troll in the Playground

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    The Giant needs to add a 10,000 dollar pledge. What for, I don't know. But it would be awesome!
    It'd have to be more impressive than a (named) cameo in OOTS, so unless it's Rich coming to hang with you, its not going to be that much of fantastical awesomeness.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

25. - Top - End - #2425
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    It'd have to be more impressive than a (named) cameo in OOTS, so unless it's Rich coming to hang with you, its not going to be that much of fantastical awesomeness.
    Hour long Skype-chat with the Giant? My point is, he didn't think anyone would be doing the $5,000 bid. Why not see if anyone is crazy enough for a $10,000 pledge?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-14 at 09:37 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #2426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Hour long Skype-chat with the Giant? My point is, he didn't think anyone would be doing the $5,000 bid. Why not see if anyone is crazy enough for a $10,000 pledge?
    Well, unless he's legally obligated to answer the buyers insane questions, it'd kinda peeter out. Then it'd be all "So uhhh... Giant.... uhhhh... you still there?" 7 minutes into the chat. Then commence internet stalking.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #2427
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Well, unless he's legally obligated to answer the buyers insane questions, it'd kinda peeter out. Then it'd be all "So uhhh... Giant.... uhhhh... you still there?" 7 minutes into the chat. Then commence internet stalking.
    He could DM a one shot campaign. People would probably pay for that.

28. - Top - End - #2428
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I hope we'll get to $830+K which is required to stay in the 5th place even after the Double Fine thing is over...

29. - Top - End - #2429
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    I hope we'll get to $830+K which is required to stay in the 5th place even after the Double Fine thing is over...
    I think that is nearly all but assured right now, myself.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

30. - Top - End - #2430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    I think that is nearly all but assured right now, myself.
    I'm hoping for the $938k.