New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2461
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
    It's not pretty but per request $777,777 Screenshot.

Kraki
    also 9888 backers!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #2462
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

In case someone is interested, I also have a screenshot of $777,666.

Kraki

3. - Top - End - #2463
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
    It's not pretty but per request $777,777 Screenshot. I had to crop it because I'm on dual monitors and there was some work on the other screen. :)

Kraki
    Oooooooh! Aaaaaaaah! It may not be pretty, but it is truly GLORIOUS!! Thank you Kraki!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #2464
    Orc in the Playground

From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    Hey guys, I just did an interview via podcast with Rich. If you want to listen to it, here it is: http://podcasts.non-productive.com/index.php?id=542

It's a good hour-long interview with a lot of fun information.
    In particular, "a lot of fun information" includes the following question and answer that are relevant to the Kickstarter drive, which I'll spoiler separately:

Question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What characters have the three $1,250 backers chosen for the 8-12 page short stories?

Answer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rich has heard from two of the three backers, both of whom have given him a spectrum of choices. He did not mention all of the choices, but he mentioned three: Therkla, the Cliffport Police Department, and the Demon Roaches.

5. - Top - End - #2465
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show

Darn. I was hoping for a story about how Redcloak found the psion he used on O-Chul myself.

6. - Top - End - #2466
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...What if I want to punch myself in the face?

7. - Top - End - #2467
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

You are completely crazy - i was a week without internet, and now it consumed nearly all my free time of two days just to read the missed out posts in this thread...

And i love the patch *smile* hope we can soon have a number of how much we should up our pledges to get it.
    Last edited by Unisus; 2012-02-15 at 05:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #2468
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just finished listening to the interview. Awesome, I really recommend it.

In update 20 Mr Burlew says the prizes is just for PDf people. Does that mean people who donated beyond PDFs aren't getting it?

Also, does anyone know what the title to the update means? What did Kickstarter allow?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #2469
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Agreed. Quite informaitve and entertaing.

In update 20 Mr Burlew says the prizes is just for PDf people. Does that mean people who donated beyond PDFs aren't getting it?
    He means that everyone who gets a PDF is getting the Mystery Prize. Which means everyone who donates $10 and above gets it.

Also, does anyone know what the title to the update means? What did Kickstarter allow?
    The use of their logo in the proposed patch.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-15 at 05:33 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

10. - Top - End - #2470
    Troll in the Playground

The people who donated beyond the PDFs still get the PDFs, so they would still be PDF people.

The kickstarter logo on the badge.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

11. - Top - End - #2471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Every backer who chooses a reward package, the smallest of which is $10, gets the PDFs. So, basically, the next mystery prize will not be available to anyone who donated under $10.

If I'm reading that right.

Edit: NINJAS! NINJAS EVERYWHERE! *Jams with the ninjas*
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2012-02-15 at 05:35 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #2472
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You know, I want a patch. And I'm going to pay the extra to make sure I get one.

But a not small part of me wants to sneer, "PATCHES! We don't need no stinkin' patches."

Yeah. I know. I need help. Except I don't want it.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #2473
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Agreed. Quite informaitve and entertaing.
    Indeed. Also, worth noting the name pronunciations for those of us who were curious.

He means that everyone who gets a PDF is getting the Mystery Prize. Which means everyone who donates $10 and above gets it. /The people who donated beyond the PDFs still get the PDFs, so they would still be PDF people./Every backer who chooses a reward package, the smallest of which is $10, gets the PDFs. So, basically, the next mystery prize will not be available to anyone who donated under $10.
    Ah, I see. That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

The use of their logo in the proposed patch./The kickstarter logo on the badge.
    Oh. Thanks!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-15 at 05:39 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #2474

HalflingPirate

With pledges up at ~$787k and 9,984 backers, I made a chart of pledge distribution :)

This is based on the information available on the page, and only accounts for 9940 pledges; this means there's 44 people pledging without a reward selected.

The dark orange in the chart there represents the limited rewards that still have room for more pledges - so there's potential there yet. You can see how much there is at the minimum level & the minimum art print level too.

Other interesting facts from this is that if this was a US-only pledge drive without the top-up for extras, the amount raised based on the above information would be $671,970. This means that between the money for extra books/swag and shipping, there's $116k (!) in surplus pledges.

Ed: Axis labels
    (Hope this is interesting to someone other than just me!)
    Last edited by dakameleon; 2012-02-15 at 06:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #2475
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

16. - Top - End - #2476
    Ogre in the Playground

And there it is! 10,000 donors to the Kickstart project!

Woot!

(I'm debating adding $5, $6, or $11 to my pledge. I want one move Coloring Book (just in case one of my kids finds it), and I'm debating hard with myself on buying the game.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

17. - Top - End - #2477

Wooo hooo! Another pretty screen shot at 10,000 backers! Nice cap Porthos!

18. - Top - End - #2478
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBB View Post
    Wooo hooo! Another pretty screen shot at 10,000 backers! Nice cap Porthos!
    Thanks.

(+SHIFT+4 FTW. )

19. - Top - End - #2479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woooooo, 10000 backers! :D

Been posting too much in the countdown to that (I'm Taz over there) - now my primary account's "under review". Will this affect my ability to successfully pledge? D: Or does it just block me from commenting? And how does one resolve that?

@Porthos - Nah. Print Screen FTW. Even quicker. :P
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

20. - Top - End - #2480
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by titan_monarch View Post
    @Porthos - Nah. Print Screen FTW. Even quicker. :P
    +SHIFT+4 allows me to capture just a part of a screen, which makes it superior. And I've become very quick at it as well.

21. - Top - End - #2481
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Been posting too much in the countdown to that (I'm Taz over there) - now my primary account's "under review". Will this affect my ability to successfully pledge? D: Or does it just block me from commenting? And how does one resolve that?
    Contact Kickstarter about that, not this thread -- as far as I know, no one on here works at Kickstarter and therefore no one can give you a correct answer.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

22. - Top - End - #2482
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Contact Kickstarter about that, not this thread -- as far as I know, no one on here works at Kickstarter and therefore no one can give you a correct answer.
    True, but we're (nearly?) all pledging and commenting happily away over there and I figured someone else might have had it happen sometime during the drive and be able to help. *emails Kickstarter*
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

23. - Top - End - #2483
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

...and, 5 digits of backers. Congrats, giant.
    Last edited by Procyonpi; 2012-02-15 at 08:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #2484

True, but we're (nearly?) all pledging and commenting happily away over there and I figured someone else might have had it happen sometime during the drive and be able to help. *emails Kickstarter*
    Ditto me. :( But at least I didn't get booted until AFTER the 10,000 backer celebration! I sent a request to Kickstarter over an hour ago and haven't heard back yet. I seem to recall several other people got booted a few days back, and it took a couple hours for one guy and several hours for the other guy. *shrugs* I guess it's pretty much a crap shoot.

25. - Top - End - #2485
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

First time poster, long time reader, etc etc,.

I'm very happy to have helped pledge toward the reprint drive. Primarily because Mr. Burlew deserves support for kindly provided us with hundreds upon hundreds of pages of wonderful in-depth characters and an exciting narrative. And secondly because I purchased my first OOTS book, Start of Darkness, shortly before the reprint drive and I want others to be able to have access to the rest of the story (and bonus material) that they may otherwise not be able too if the books remain out of print. And being able to pick up a copy of On the Origin of PCs and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales, plus all the various swag is a very nice carrot too.

Thank you, Mr. Burlew, for the years of story telling and best of luck for the remainder of the pledge drive.

26. - Top - End - #2486
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wow... Over 10k backers and inching ever closer to $800k. That far exceeds what I thought this drive would do. During the early days, I thought that the rate the pledges were coming in would slow down considerably and we'd end at somewhere around $650k or so. Glad to be wrong.
    Last edited by Draconian; 2012-02-15 at 09:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #2487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    +SHIFT+4 allows me to capture just a part of a screen, which makes it superior. And I've become very quick at it as well.
    What's that first key? It just shows as a square for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #2488

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    What's that first key? It just shows as a square for me.
    It'll be an Apple or a Command clover - that's the Mac shortcut for screenshots.

29. - Top - End - #2489
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yeah, wasn't sure if (some/all) Wintel machines would display it or not. Sorry 'bout that. If I had a character shortcut to display the Command clover, I would have used it. Probably should look into that to see what it is.

ETA: Found out how to display the "⌘" in text. Way too many hoops for me to go through though. I'll just say "Cmd" from now on.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-16 at 01:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #2490

BardGuy

Default Kickstarter Dragon

For my own benefit I will assume that the dragon in the kickstarter updates is a Sauce Dragon. At the very least a relative of the Sauce Dragon V defeated since that is a thing they do
    Last edited by psijac; 2012-02-16 at 02:03 AM.