New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 84 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394109134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2491
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Kickstarter Dragon

He freezes V, so a common white dragon seems a better fit.

2. - Top - End - #2492
    Ogre in the Playground

So, despite the fact that it's clearly an ice dragon?

3. - Top - End - #2493
    Dwarf in the Playground

While a nice idea... I don't think so. As Eldray says, it freezes V, and it wouldn't be so unnaturally white.

But you never know, with all those weird artificial foods they're making these days...

4. - Top - End - #2494
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

it does seem to lack ranchy qualities

5. - Top - End - #2495
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Achievement Unlocked: Mystery Prize #7

Edit: And apparently some mean old meany-head decided to pull out, so it got briefly un-unlocked. Back above $800k now.
    Last edited by Yendor; 2012-02-16 at 02:55 AM.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

6. - Top - End - #2496
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Achievement Unlocked: Mystery Prize #7
    Curse the Double Post rules!

Thanks for grabbing it, Yendor.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #2497
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/800k.png/

I tried to use the IMG tag but it didn't work, apologies for the blank post.
    Last edited by The Derider; 2012-02-16 at 02:53 AM. Reason: I am stupid and don't know how the insert picture thing works yet

8. - Top - End - #2498
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Curse the Double Post rules!

Thanks for grabbing it, Yendor.
    Nooo. It's been relocked!

ETA:::

And, unlocked once again. It's like watching a yo-yo.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-16 at 02:51 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

9. - Top - End - #2499
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Nooo. It's been relocked!
    We're above again

10. - Top - End - #2500

Plus V did not defeat it, Roy's butt did. Most likely it is a juvenile dragon or something.

11. - Top - End - #2501
    Dwarf in the Playground

And it just bounced below and above *again*. Is anyone else getting dizzy?

12. - Top - End - #2502
    Ogre in the Playground

And now it's below again.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

13. - Top - End - #2503
    Dwarf in the Playground

And above. By $160, so let's hope it sticks!

14. - Top - End - #2504
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Someone must have gotten their giggles at our expense.

15. - Top - End - #2505
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He seems to be around the limit between large and huge size though, making him adult/mature adult at least.
    Last edited by Eldray; 2012-02-16 at 03:16 AM.

16. - Top - End - #2506
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

No, the OP is right. The dragon is definitely a sauce dragon, hence why he turns V into a giant bouillon cube.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

17. - Top - End - #2507

I saw it go from $799,999 to $799,960, and then up to $800,134. Of course, the latter was because I'd put my money in the ring.

Speaking of which, does anyone here know if the "PICK THREE AND THE SHORTENING" package permits adding additional books for $30? As the above implies, I'd like to get a total of five books (I got OtOoPCs years ago) as well as the Shortening...I hope that's an option.

18. - Top - End - #2508
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

So I just pledged the amount I needed. I just wonder how I get swag sent to my address.

Has it been answered in the thread already?
    If I cared about this, I would probably do something about it.

19. - Top - End - #2509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omergideon View Post
    So I just pledged the amount I needed. I just wonder how I get swag sent to my address.

Has it been answered in the thread already?
    Rich will send out a survey where you can add addresses and specific information about your order and so forth.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

20. - Top - End - #2510

I have a question about the patches. At the rate we're going, it would seem to me that the level they'll be available will be reached with 1 or 2 days remaining in the pledge drive. Will there be enough time for those who want the patches to up their pledges? Maybe we should know in advance how much we will have to up our pledge to get the patch. Or just include them free if your pledge is above a certain level?

21. - Top - End - #2511

Quote Originally Posted by Eldray View Post
    He seems to be around the limit between large and huge size though, making him adult/mature adult at least.
    He seems smaller than the Juvenile Black Dragon that the Order faced down in the cave though...

22. - Top - End - #2512
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    He seems smaller than the Juvenile Black Dragon that the Order faced down in the cave though...
    Wasn't it a Young Adult black dragon?
    I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

23. - Top - End - #2513
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Huh, I counted his tail in the estimation, but it seems it's not supposed to be counted.

Using Haley as the unit of measurement, it seems the body, the tail, and the neck are all very approximately 1 haley long.

Assuming that 1 haley = 5.5 ft as typical for human females, that makes the relevant measurement around 11 ft, which means Large, which would make him young adult/adult.

To be medium size, he would need to be only 1.5 haleys long, which seems less than the depicted length, though not by that much, so I guess it could indeed be juvenile as well without too much of a stretch.

24. - Top - End - #2514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by krko View Post
    I have a question about the patches. At the rate we're going, it would seem to me that the level they'll be available will be reached with 1 or 2 days remaining in the pledge drive. Will there be enough time for those who want the patches to up their pledges? Maybe we should know in advance how much we will have to up our pledge to get the patch. Or just include them free if your pledge is above a certain level?
    At the rate we're going, we'll have them by tomorrow.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

25. - Top - End - #2515
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Maybe Mystery Prize #7 will be stats for some of the homebrewed monsters we've seen in the comic. Unless it's stat sheets for the entire Order, thus rendering the Class And Level Geekery thread obsolete.

26. - Top - End - #2516

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Maybe Mystery Prize #7 will be stats for some of the homebrewed monsters we've seen in the comic. Unless it's stat sheets for the entire Order, thus rendering the Class And Level Geekery thread obsolete.
    There's an interesting segment of the podcast he was in where he states something that makes this sort of thing unlikely.

He was thinking of writing up the Dashing Swordsman class for a project that fell for other reasons, but he realized that now, he can put any ability he wants to in the class, because it's all in thin air. If he were to set the class's abilities into stone, he would be basically screwing himself out of future jokes material.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

27. - Top - End - #2517
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, I doubt it'll be any mechanical thing. Rich said it'd be of particular use to people who play D&D, indicating that people who do not play D&D may also find it useful.

I'm thinking some character sheets, maybe, or more detailed descriptions of some of the places we've seen in the comic, like Cliffport.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

28. - Top - End - #2518
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xapi View Post
    There's an interesting segment of the podcast he was in where he states something that makes this sort of thing unlikely.

He was thinking of writing up the Dashing Swordsman class for a project that fell for other reasons, but he realized that now, he can put any ability he wants to in the class, because it's all in thin air. If he were to set the class's abilities into stone, he would be basically screwing himself out of future jokes material.
    I meant things like the Titanium Elemental, Chlorine Elemental, or Osmium Elemental, or the huge green monster guarding Xykon's old castle. The running joke with the elementals is Redcloak's ranks in Knowledge(Chemistry), not the elementals themselves, so it wouldn't foil future joke potential.

29. - Top - End - #2519
    Barbarian in the Playground

Apparently, a few limited and until recently sold-out rewards have become less limited!

The $35 pledge (SS&DT) went from 300 to 500. Remaining now: 181.
    The $68 pledge (SS&DT + W&XPs) went from 300 to 400. Remaining now: 100.
    The $295 pledge (whole story and a game) went from 300 to 400. Remaining now: 113.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

30. - Top - End - #2520
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Indeed. Also, worth noting the name pronunciations for those of us who were curious.

I know it's his character, but he's saying Elan wrong dammit!!
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.