New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2551
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

So what do we need for the top 4?

In other news, If we can maintain an average of $1567 per hour for the next 108 hours, we will break a million after all

2. - Top - End - #2552
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post

So, does the kickstarter update happen at a regular time of day? Or is the update dependant on the amount pledged cracking the "top 5" barrier?
    Generally it's once a day, but depends how much stuff Rich has going on too.

3. - Top - End - #2553
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Question Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Woohoo, top 5!

Question - I saw there's an option to buy an extra coloring book. Is there an similar option to buy extra OOTS Hit Point Pads?

If so, how much extra do I pledge for each?

If not, how much begging is required to make it so?

4. - Top - End - #2554
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    Generally it's once a day, but depends how much stuff Rich has going on too.
    Part of the problem is that he spends so much time crafting a graph, expecting it to take us more than a day to top, and then we crush it before he can even post it.

Like a DM who spends hours writing notes on a small town that the players burn down in 5 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #2555
    Firbolg in the Playground

108,000 more to get into top four, I think. not sure, a bit sleepy. Damn, I'm missing another update.

Woo, that means double tomorrow!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #2556
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    108,000 more to get into top four, I think. not sure, a bit sleepy. Damn, I'm missing another update.

Woo, that means double tomorrow!
    And about another 4,000 after than to hit the top three.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #2557
    Ogre in the Playground

At the beginning of the drive, we should have made Rich promise to do something completely ridiculous, like cosplay as Tsukiko, or post a video of his best dancing on Youtube, if we managed to raise a million.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-16 at 11:36 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

8. - Top - End - #2558
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

My estimate from the start is that the Kickstarter pledge drive would get somewhere just over one million. Right now I estimate between 1.1 and 1.2 m.
    Curated Thread: Gazetteer of the Stick

9. - Top - End - #2559
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    In other news, If we can maintain an average of $1567 per hour for the next 108 hours, we will break a million after all
    I saw the news of the Kickstarter over 12 hours after it started... too late to put it over the top. I'll be jumping in on the last day in hopes that others are waiting for the end as well... and we'll see it pass the Million Mark. Of course, I'll have to keep an eye on the thing every day in case we get really close before that.

Don't want to miss it again!

I still have to figure out how to 'over-donate'. I really only want the Art Prints, Patch and .pdf swag, but I want to donate north of a couple hundred bucks. I wonder if I can add $200 for 'buy yourself a Cintiq'?
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

10. - Top - End - #2560
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Michael View Post
    I saw the news of the Kickstarter over 12 hours after it started... too late to put it over the top. I'll be jumping in on the last day in hopes that others are waiting for the end as well... and we'll see it pass the Million Mark. Of course, I'll have to keep an eye on the thing every day in case we get really close before that.

Don't want to miss it again!

I still have to figure out how to 'over-donate'. I really only want the Art Prints, Patch and .pdf swag, but I want to donate north of a couple hundred bucks. I wonder if I can add $200 for 'buy yourself a Cintiq'?
    Just send me all your extra stuff!
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-17 at 02:07 AM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

11. - Top - End - #2561
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Michael View Post
    The easiest way to do it is to pledge by clicking the level you want (so $25 if you want the art print/swag) and go to the next page. You then raise the amount pledged at the top of that page to whatever you want. When the drive is over, Rich will send you a survey, where you will say what extra stuff you bought (i.e. patch).

I believe there will be a write-in-answer where you can say that you raised the amount intentionally for that purpose; though I don't know if Rich would use the money as such. Can't hurt to try though!
    Thanks to this wonderful link on how to make an avatar.

12. - Top - End - #2562
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

I have a problem with the pledge, I don't own a suitable credit card and don't know how to contribute. Anyone could help? Remember I'm not from USA or anywhere near there ;)

13. - Top - End - #2563
    Halfling in the Playground

Kicked in another fiver, because I thought another coloring book would be excellent. Now I'm at $227.

Thanks again to Rich for such an awesome comic!

14. - Top - End - #2564

Quote Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
    I have a problem with the pledge, I don't own a suitable credit card and don't know how to contribute. Anyone could help? Remember I'm not from USA or anywhere near there ;)
    Find a friend who has a suitable credit card, ask him to open an Amazon Payment account and a Kickstarter account, and pledge for you. Don't forget to give him the money.

Seriously, I had a similar problem, so I asked around, I contacted Rich and Amazon Payments, and it turned out that this was the only solution. Good luck!
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

15. - Top - End - #2565
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Find a friend who has a suitable credit card, ask him to open an Amazon Payment account and a Kickstarter account, and pledge for you. Don't forget to give him the money.

Seriously, I had a similar problem, so I asked around, I contacted Rich and Amazon Payments, and it turned out that this was the only solution. Good luck!
    Thanks, I was thinking about something like that. Let's find a friend then!

16. - Top - End - #2566
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    I've been pronouncing Elan right, but apparently I had Haley wrong. Huh.
    How were you pronouncing Haley? Was it "EE-lin"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #2567
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking about something like that. Let's find a friend then!
    Visa, Mastercard etcetera have (in my country The Netherlands), you can get a prepaid credit-card. You put money on it from your bank account and from there it works just like a normal card (though you should not spend more money than that's on there since that's impossible). It works for me, I've got one of 100 euros and (prepaid) Visa is accepted by Amazon Payments
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

18. - Top - End - #2568

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    It works for me, I've got one of 100 euros and (prepaid) Visa is accepted by Amazon Payments
    Prepaid Visa cards don't work for all countries, though. With only 4 days left, I'd say it's much safer for Fanta to find someone with a credit card, which is guaranteed to work, rather than get a prepaid card only to find out that it's not accepted after all.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

19. - Top - End - #2569
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Prepaid Visa cards don't work for all countries, though. With only 4 days left, I'd say it's much safer for Fanta to find someone with a credit card, which is guaranteed to work, rather than get a prepaid card only to find out that it's not accepted after all.
    That's why said Visa or Mastercard, those need to be accepted by Amazon (since they are normal Visa/Mastercard cards). Those two brands are for certain accepted, if they do not exist in her country finding a friend for sure is the best option.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

20. - Top - End - #2570
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at Kickstarter's Wiki Page, to overtake numbers 4 and 3 on the all time top ten will require $938,771 and $942,578 respectively. At $836,055, that would mean raising another $106,523 in three and a bit days.

Unless Rich reveals something amazing for the weekend to chew over, I don't think we can make it now. It looks like we'll have to be content with being number 5. Fair enough.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

21. - Top - End - #2571
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Looking at Kickstarter's Wiki Page, to overtake numbers 4 and 3 on the all time top ten will require $938,771 and $942,578 respectively. At $836,055, that would mean raising another $106,523 in three and a bit days.

Unless Rich reveals something amazing for the weekend to chew over, I don't think we can make it now. It looks like we'll have to be content with being number 5. Fair enough.
    Actually I'm pretty optimistic that the drive is gonna settle into the Top Three. Remember that Days Left counter is X Days + Y Hours, not X Days - Y Hours. Thus, as of the time of this post, there are roughly 103.25 hours left in the drive.

According to my little spreadsheet I have set up, we need approximately:

$980 per hour from here on out to take Spot #4 on All Time List.
    $1,017 per hour from here on out to take Spot #3 on All Time List.
    $1,573 per hour from here on out to reach 1 millon dollars.

The Million Dollar mark may or may not be out of reach (it all depends on what happens to the patch, plus if Rich has any last minute pledge options up his sleeve). But Top Four or Top Three? Should be pretty doable presuming the drive doesn't fall off the cliff over the weekend.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-17 at 04:49 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

22. - Top - End - #2572
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    But Top Four or Top Three? Should be pretty doable presuming the drive doesn't fall off the cliff over the weekend.
    It usually *does* slow down over the weekend, though, and I believe this particular weekend is a holiday in the States, so it's likely to be even slower than usual! We can hope for a jump when the $850k is passed and people increase their pledges to cover the patch, but if that'll be enough to push us past the $938,771 is another matter.

23. - Top - End - #2573
    Ogre in the Playground

Update. And Mystery Prize #7 is:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hi-Res pictures of Stick!Monsters to print out and use with minis!

Not what I expected, but generally more useful than character sheets.

I'll be interested to see what offers appear once we hit the level for the patches.
    Last edited by RMS Oceanic; 2012-02-17 at 08:15 AM.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

24. - Top - End - #2574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quite nice of the giant to give out a hundred or more gaming-miniatures for monsters.

25. - Top - End - #2575
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Over all, the extra swag is awesome. I can't wait to read the PDFs or get the patch and other printed extras. Now for the next goal. Drive Rich CRAZY by overworking him. Come on everyone! We can DO IT!!! ~grins~

26. - Top - End - #2576
    Troll in the Playground

The miniatures cutouts is absolutely awesome for me - I'm running a game for which I've made all the PCs and major NPCs in oots-style on Inkscape. With these monsters I can actually lay out battle-maps!

27. - Top - End - #2577
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It usually *does* slow down over the weekend, though, and I believe this particular weekend is a holiday in the States, so it's likely to be even slower than usual!
    It's a holiday over here, but not one most people pay attention to.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

28. - Top - End - #2578
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    It's a holiday over here, but not one most people pay attention to.
    I'd actually forgotten that it was a holiday. Of course it's harder to remember when your work doesn't actually observe the holiday in question.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

29. - Top - End - #2579

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Eh, we might hit $900,000. I don't think $1,000,000 is feasible, though I would be delighted if it happened. All the big rewards are taken, Rich probably won't offer any new rewards, so few people have a reason to increase their pledge (apart from the possible patch). Early estimates placed the total at $900,000 and change, and those seem to be on the money.

To reach $1,000,000, there needs to be $150,000 donated within the next three days. That doesn't seem very likely, since that would be on par with the highest rate of gain seen during this fundraiser (around day 8 or 9).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestar27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphy View Post
    He's a WITCH!!! BURN HIM!!!
    Wait! We should make sure that he's a witch before burning him. Do you know if he weighs the same as a duck?
    My correct prediction.

I am currently working on a new (needless) OotS compilation, similar to this or this, pm me if you'd like to help.

Thanks to Serpentine for the excellent avatar!

30. - Top - End - #2580
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Government employment FTW. Legally mandated paid holidays are great.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-02-17 at 11:00 AM.