New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 87 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2581
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Forealms View Post
    Eh, we might hit $900,000. I don't think $1,000,000 is feasible, though I would be delighted if it happened. All the big rewards are taken, Rich probably won't offer any new rewards, so few people have a reason to increase their pledge (apart from the possible patch). Early estimates placed the total at $900,000 and change, and those seem to be on the money.

To reach $1,000,000, there needs to be $150,000 donated within the next three days. That doesn't seem very likely, since that would be on par with the highest rate of gain seen during this fundraiser (around day 8 or 9).
    Oh, come on, what kind of attitude is that? If every backer increased their pledge by just $15 on the last day, we'd make it!

...Yeah, I know, it's probably not going to happen (and I want to go on the record as saying that if someone can't afford any more, they definitely shouldn't increase their pledge), but it is still at least possible. I'm going to be increasing my pledge on the last day. Come on, have some spirit!
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

2. - Top - End - #2582
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Can someone point me to the exact time when Rich says Elan's name in the podcast? I've spent last 20 minutes jumping back and forth in the recording, but can't find it :(
    In case you didn't find it yet, here's some times:

Belkar and Elan: 36:20 & 36:30
    Haley: 36:50
    Vaarsuvius: 38:50

(Long time reader, second time poster (that's 1/3 posts per year))

3. - Top - End - #2583
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    If I remember right, Rich said he originally based the OOTS style on paper stand-ups he used to make for his D&D group. So maybe the reward is a big sheet of different characters that can be printed and folded to use as characters and monsters in a D&D game (or whatever other RPG you play).
    Yay, called it :P

And it's a lot more figures than I expected. We usually have a good selection of minis from one of our players, but I still think I'll print these out and bring them to our sessions. Just need to figure out some way to hold them....

4. - Top - End - #2584
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    That's why said Visa or Mastercard, those need to be accepted by Amazon (since they are normal Visa/Mastercard cards). Those two brands are for certain accepted, if they do not exist in her country finding a friend for sure is the best option.
    No, they are not "for certain" accepted. I know mine wasn't, and it's a Visa card. A general Amazon Account would of course accept pre-paid cards and everything, but with an Amazon Payments account, it isn't certain.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

5. - Top - End - #2585

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Find a friend who has a suitable credit card, ask him to open an Amazon Payment account and a Kickstarter account, and pledge for you. Don't forget to give him the money.

Seriously, I had a similar problem, so I asked around, I contacted Rich and Amazon Payments, and it turned out that this was the only solution. Good luck!
    Or better yet, e-mail some compete stranger claiming to be a Nigerian prince who needs access to their credit information to give them a million dollars!

6. - Top - End - #2586
    Orc in the Playground

Having listened to the interview, I see his point about DMing. He could just write stories for DMs to run, not even have stats, and I would probably buy them.
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!

7. - Top - End - #2587
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It usually *does* slow down over the weekend, though, and I believe this particular weekend is a holiday in the States, so it's likely to be even slower than usual! We can hope for a jump when the $850k is passed and people increase their pledges to cover the patch, but if that'll be enough to push us past the $938,771 is another matter.
    I don't think it's quite as simple as that though. I think a decent amount of the slowdowns on prior weekends was "lack of new stuff recently added". Having the patches drop today should help boost numbers during this weekend. Also, this past Sunday was pretty good as well.

So I am still in the "fairly certain" camp when it comes to Top Three.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

8. - Top - End - #2588
    Troll in the Playground

I'm also in the camp of this being a big weekend. Maybe not "Game added to prizes" big, but close. I am optimistic at our chances to break 1 million.
    Just 152K to go!

9. - Top - End - #2589

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    The Million Dollar mark may or may not be out of reach
    Looking at the graph, it seems we were at about $675,000 four days ago. We're now at about $850,000 — which means Rich raised $175,000 in four days. If the pace stays the same, or even if it drops off a bit, we should break a million. (The pace has been increasing for the last week.)

(it all depends on what happens to the patch, plus if Rich has any last minute pledge options up his sleeve).
    In the most recent update, he says, "And don't think I'm letting this thing slow down just because we only have 4 days left. Holiday weekend or not, I've got plenty of last-minute surprises in store as we sprint to the finish."

10. - Top - End - #2590
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just another $143 for the patches!

Edit: … aaand we're over! Yay!
    Last edited by honigmuffin; 2012-02-17 at 01:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #2591
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (OOTS Kickstarter Patch)

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #2592
    Ogre in the Playground

Achievement Unlocked: OOTS Kickstarter Patch!

Dang, ninja'd by a ninja!
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-17 at 01:53 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

13. - Top - End - #2593
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

No server slowdown stopping me this time.

14. - Top - End - #2594

DwarfFighterGuy

YAY FOR PATCHES.

Anyways, it looks like the pledges are speeding up some as all the people weren't sure about pledging realize that they need to do so now.

15. - Top - End - #2595

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

Rinse and repeat... Porthos has legendary ninja skills!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

16. - Top - End - #2596
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

17. - Top - End - #2597

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    Totally off topic... and I'm not just saying that because I was traumatized by the ICU2TV when I was a littlun.
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

18. - Top - End - #2598

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Michael View Post
    Totally off topic... and I'm not just saying that because I was traumatized by the ICU2TV when I was a littlun.
    Lol. PATCHES! Took me a minute too. At first I was like "Huh?" Then I was like "Oooooooh!" Then I was like "hahahahaha!"
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

19. - Top - End - #2599

MindFlayer

I think there's a mistake on the chart for update #22.

There's no column for the $16 level, with the PDFs and the schticky schticks.

Did something change when the patches were added?

20. - Top - End - #2600
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    In case you didn't find it yet, here's some times:
    Woo, thanks!

21. - Top - End - #2601
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, look, Erfworld hit their goal with almost the entire kickstarter time left to go too.

22. - Top - End - #2602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SavageWombat View Post
    I think there's a mistake on the chart for update #22.

There's no column for the $16 level, with the PDFs and the schticky schticks.

Did something change when the patches were added?
    It's the ninth column from the left.

23. - Top - End - #2603

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    It's the ninth column from the left.
    Ah, thanks. I must have assumed they were all in price order.

24. - Top - End - #2604
    Orc in the Playground

HELLS YES PATCHES

+$4 from me.
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!

25. - Top - End - #2605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SavageWombat View Post
    Ah, thanks. I must have assumed they were all in price order.
    ... well I did the same before actually looking for it.

26. - Top - End - #2606
    Titan in the Playground

That was harsh by the Demon Roach.

But the patch is neat. Unlike the colouring book I'll be getting one of them.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-17 at 03:32 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

27. - Top - End - #2607
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello. Sorry if that has already been brought up, but I'm unable to find any definitive answer: Is it somehow possible to get in using only PayPal? (I found that Mephit talked about it as if he managed to, and I messaged him, but he hasn't yet replied.)

I'd be really happy to be able to get the PDF stories, even for a higher price, but if I can't go into KickStarter... Do you reckon it would be possible to perhaps pay Rich directly for being included in the PDF mailing list?

28. - Top - End - #2608
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unrest View Post
    Hello. Sorry if that has already been brought up, but I'm unable to find any definitive answer: Is it somehow possible to get in using only PayPal? (I found that Mephit talked about it as if he managed to, and I messaged him, but he hasn't yet replied.)

I'd be really happy to be able to get the PDF stories, even for a higher price, but if I can't go into KickStarter... Do you reckon it would be possible to perhaps pay Rich directly for being included in the PDF mailing list?
    You have to use Kickstarter & Amazon. You cannot use Paypal. You say you can't use Kickstarter, why is that?

You can message Rich about paying him directly but I feel that the answer will be sorry, but no.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-17 at 03:38 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

29. - Top - End - #2609
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Unrest View Post

Not sure, but if you by a $10 (Or 20, if you're adding stuff) amazon gift card somewhere, that should work perfectly.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

30. - Top - End - #2610
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Not sure, but if you by a $10 (Or 20, if you're adding stuff) amazon gift card somewhere, that should work perfectly.
    Amazon Gift Cards WILL NOT WORK. As an experiment, I tried to apply a Gift Certificate to the Amazon Payments and couldn't figure out how to do so. I am 99% sure they are seperate things as far as Amazon is concerned.