New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 93 of 136 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2761
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Required pledge rate (RPR) has sunk to $1294/h.

Man, I thought I was going to be happy with my whole story pledge, but damn would a party drawing be sweet. But so expensive. But so sweet.

I'll be staying up later tonight than I thought. I want to see what the Patience Charms pledges offer.

Edit: Charms? What the hell? Okay, I need to cut down on Exalted.

Although that would be a neat Sidereal Keyword...
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-18 at 05:29 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #2762
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Went to the 222 even though I have Origins and SoD. Let's make this happen!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I really would rather Tarquin finally just went all George R. R. Martin on Nale.
    That's right - George R. R. Martin; a writer so ruthless, his name is a verb akin to Samuel L. Jackson. Valar morghulis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The only thing worse than the usual irrelevant rules pedantry is incorrect irrelevant rules pedantry.

3. - Top - End - #2763
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

New Pledge Unlocked

PLEDGE $107 OR MORE
    4 BACKERS • Limited Reward (26 of 30 remaining)
    PRINT ONLY SPECIAL (SIGNED): One copy each of all three "print only" OOTS books—On the Origin of PCs, Start of Darkness, and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales—autographed by the author. Plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet and the other free swag. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

4. - Top - End - #2764
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    I suppose the Giant knows about this, but maybe you should shoot him a message on Kickstarter, just in case
    Thing is it is not exactly well known, hasnt been around for a lot of time, and has pretty stark requirements (2500 pieces per month isnt something most people hit) of entry.

Hence it could very well be something that one wouldnt know about.

5. - Top - End - #2765
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    New Pledge Unlocked

PLEDGE $107 OR MORE
    4 BACKERS • Limited Reward (26 of 30 remaining)
    PRINT ONLY SPECIAL (SIGNED): One copy each of all three "print only" OOTS books—On the Origin of PCs, Start of Darkness, and Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales—autographed by the author. Plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet and the other free swag. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10)
    Unless new Character Crayons turn up, this is for me!
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

6. - Top - End - #2766
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I've been watching this fundraiser, but I have to admit it's a bit confusing.

He's asking $222 for all 7 books. If I just buy them in the Giant's own shop it would cost only $170,65. I understand that this is a fundraiser, but aren't the funds meant to put the books back into print. A cost that, presumably, is also covered in the price of books bought via the web shop.

I would love to buy the entire OOTS collection. But $222 plus shipping is just excessive. Even $170 is already quite steep imho.

7. - Top - End - #2767
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post
    Thing is it is not exactly well known, hasnt been around for a lot of time, and has pretty stark requirements (2500 pieces per month isnt something most people hit) of entry.

Messaging Ape Games might be a better bet, as they're gonna be the ones shipping the vast majority of the items.

Plus, I figure their inbox isn't screaming in agony as much.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 05:34 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

8. - Top - End - #2768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post

Well then, shoot away, lad/lass!

I wanted to get to bed early today. Doesn't look like that's an option now, what with watching the numbers and everything

9. - Top - End - #2769
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diadem View Post
    I've been watching this fundraiser, but I have to admit it's a bit confusing.

He's asking $222 for all 7 books. If I just buy them in the Giant's own shop it would cost only $170,65. I understand that this is a fundraiser, but aren't the funds meant to put the books back into print. A cost that, presumably, is also covered in the price of books bought via the web shop.

I would love to buy the entire OOTS collection. But $222 plus shipping is just excessive. Even $170 is already quite steep imho.
    Unless you are outside of the US, the $222 is including shiping. You might want to recalculate just how much ookoodook would charge for all seven books once shipping is included.

And while I haven't run the numbers, I've been told that this drive is quite reasonable when it comes to international shipping the big box items.

10. - Top - End - #2770
    Ogre in the Playground

Am I doing it wrong, or have we pledged $17,519 in about 3 hours? I'm basing this on the latest updates being 3 hours ago and Rich saying there was $100,000 to go to reach $1M.

Because if so, we need $1249/h and we have $5855/h.

11. - Top - End - #2771
    Ogre in the Playground

The required rate has now dropped to $1229/h.
    Last edited by RMS Oceanic; 2012-02-18 at 05:48 PM.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

12. - Top - End - #2772
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Am I doing it wrong, or have we pledged $17,519 in about 3 hours? I'm basing this on the latest updates being 3 hours ago and Rich saying there was $100,000 to go to reach $1M.

Because if so, we need $1249/h and we have $5855/h.
    All Times Pacific Standard:

{table]Time | Backers | Raised | Diff
    10am | 11,163 | $896,938 | 1942
    11am | 11,190 | $899,087 | 2149
    12pm | 11,223 | $904,077 | 4990
    1pm | 11,270 | $911,683 | 7606
    2pm | 11,299 | $913,528 | 1845
    2:48 | 11,328 | $918,733| 5205[/table]

$1,227 per hour from here on out to reach 1 millon dollars.
    $1,406 raised per hour so far.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 05:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #2773
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Okay, this page has grown so large, I'm having trouble figuring out whether I can get multiple rewards. I just got one of the signed rewards, but I also want to get several of the newly printed books. I'm sure Rich has addressed this, but I can't find it amidst all of this information.

So, my question is: If I want multiple rewards must I:
    a) create multiple accounts;
    b) Pledge enough at the end for the signed rewards and the books and fill out a survery at the end saying what I want; or
    c) something different.

I figure Rich is too busy to answer a question like this this close to the end, so I'm putting it to y'all.

14. - Top - End - #2774
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we keeping up the threads on reddit and stuff?

15. - Top - End - #2775
    Pixie in the Playground

Now that a whole month of giddy anticipation has almost passed I think participating in this drive and watching that red line rise has been one of the most fun things I've done on the Internet. Kudos to you Giant for an event that enriched everyone that go involved!
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.
    Where did you start your first campaign?

My PC's woke up on a deserted shore on the edge of a jungle surround by the wreckage of their ship.

16. - Top - End - #2776
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by homersolo View Post
    Okay, this page has grown so large, I'm having trouble figuring out whether I can get multiple rewards. I just got one of the signed rewards, but I also want to get several of the newly printed books. I'm sure Rich has addressed this, but I can't find it amidst all of this information.

b) Pledge enough at the end for the signed rewards and the books and fill out a survery at the end saying what I want; or
    c) something different.

I figure Rich is too busy to answer a question like this this close to the end, so I'm putting it to y'all.
    depends on what you want and the text for each reward. Let us know what you are looking for

I went with A because I wanted several hp pads and stickers And the complete game, but the game is so big, it needs to be shipped separately anyway. And I added the art print to the game, since that can't be added to the swag pack.

17. - Top - End - #2777
    Ogre in the Playground

All Time Pacific Standard:

10a 11,163 $896,938
    11a 11,190 $899,087
    12p 11,223 $904,077
    1pm 11,270 $911,683
    2pm 11,299 $913,528
    2:48 11,328 $918,733

$1,227 per hour from here on out to reach 1 millon dollars.
    $1,406 raised per hour so far.
    Wait, what? How can you get that?

The update just recently got 4 hours old. Let's say that it was created at 11 am. That makes the raised amount from then ($918733-$899087) and the rate of increase ($918733-$899087)/4 = $4911.5/h

Or am I getting times wrong? I hate converting over time zones.

18. - Top - End - #2778
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by homersolo View Post

c) something different.

I've done a second account when I wanted two entierly seperate pledge levels. Others have done the same. Some people have messaged Rich ahead of time and worked something out for small things. But I wouldn't recommend just upping your pledge and presuming Rich can handle it after the fact.

So either bite the bullet and risk pestering him while he is in Crunch Time and dealing with a massive amount of things at once, or just figure out if it is worth getting a second account.

One Note: a second account requires a new email address, but that's it. Just thought I should let you know ahead of time.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 05:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #2779
    Ogre in the Playground

There are now 11337 pledgers. We are Superleet!
    - The Flying Kipper

20. - Top - End - #2780
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Wait, what? How can you get that?

The update just recently got 4 hours old. Let's say that it was created at 11 am. That makes the raised amount from then ($918733-$899087) and the rate of increase ($918733-$899087)/4 = $4911.5/h

Or am I getting times wrong? I hate converting over time zones.
    I've been copy pasting the amounts at various times.

You can also head over to the Google Speadsheet page on this drive and see amounts inputed by The Swarm (AKA all of us obsessive stat geeks ).

ETA: Looks like the Update hit at GMT 14:30. So, three and a half hours ago.

The total was approximately 900K. Thus it's been about 19.5K in 3.5 hours. Or a staggering 5.4K per hour!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 06:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #2781
    Halfling in the Playground

20k in less than 4 hours, the million mark is clearly within reach.

22. - Top - End - #2782
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

If only that credit card increase had come through. Well, it is coming through, but not as timely as i wanted! Could've afforded the game adventure game as well. My friends arn't really into OOts, but they ARE into board games, and the price for the whole collection and all 7 books is a steal. Minus the shipping since i'm international, but that's out of the Giants control.

I'd have been more than happy to add an extra hundred dollars towards the big 1 mill. Well, i'm cheering you on everyone.

23. - Top - End - #2783
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Unless you are outside of the US, the $222 is including shiping.
    Fair enough. I'm in Europe though.

I really want to pledge something. I don't know what though. Buying just one book would be stupid, because I know myself, I can't have own an unfinished collection. But I can't afford $259.

Oh well, 3 more days to figure it out ;)

24. - Top - End - #2784
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Diadem View Post
    Fair enough. I'm in Europe though.

I really want to pledge something. I don't know what though. Buying just one book would be stupid, because I know myself, I can't have own an unfinished collection. But I can't afford $259.

Oh well, 3 more days to figure it out ;)
    Do what I did and buy SSDT. It's the only limited edition book, you can always buy the rest later.

25. - Top - End - #2785
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, the one thing holding me back from pledging more was that Rich said he wasn't going to use the funds for himself. Now that that's off the table, I doubled it. Why didn't he do that sooner?

26. - Top - End - #2786
    Titan in the Playground

I've been copy pasting the amounts at various times.

You can also head over to the Google Speadsheet page on this drive and see amounts inputed by The Swarm (AKA all of us obsessive stat geeks ).

ETA: Looks like the Update hit at GMT 14:30. So, three and a half hours ago.

The total was approximately 900K. Thus it's been about 19.5K in 3.5 hours. Or a staggering 5.4K per hour!
    Thanks for the link. It seems that most of the money being pledged right now is mostly from people increasing their pledges more so than new plegdes coming in. The rate of new pledges is pretty much flatlined after the initial surge.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #2787
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm wondering...

I've pledged the $10 donation. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the fridge magnet. I only want the PDFs, and I don't want to spend more money (I blew the rest of the money I hand on a copy of SoD from Ookadook).

If I simply don't add to my pledge/ignore the credit cart details/emails when they come round, will I still get the PDFs even if I don't get the fridge magnet?

28. - Top - End - #2788
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxious Hydra View Post
    I'm wondering...

I've pledged the $10 donation. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the fridge magnet. I only want the PDFs, and I don't want to spend more money (I blew the rest of the money I hand on a copy of SoD from Ookadook).

If I simply don't add to my pledge/ignore the credit cart details/emails when they come round, will I still get the PDFs even if I don't get the fridge magnet?
    You can say "I don't want a magnet" when the time comes, regardless of how much you pledge. The PDFs reach you as long as you hand over at least $10.
    - The Flying Kipper

29. - Top - End - #2789
    Ogre in the Playground

If you just want the pdf and no magnet, state this in the email you'll get when they're asking for your shipping address, which will come after the pledge is done. Leave a note there and you'll be golden. I'd advice you to still include your address, though.

30. - Top - End - #2790
    Ettin in the Playground

What is the top funding for a project? Aside from Double Fine, I mean.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-02-18 at 06:45 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.