New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2911
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Hi everyone. Long time lurker/fan, first time poster. This drive compelled me to finally post to the forums. I JUST missed out on the new autographed package. Oh well. Still, I'm happy with what I was able to snag- the whole story/game package.

At this point? I think all the fans that are waiting until the last possible minute are more than going to put us over the million dollar mark. Heck, at this rate, I'd want to hit that line JUST to see what the last mystery prize is.

My money's on the Giant videotaping himself running a D&D game and putting it on youtube.

Be honest. There would be like, 5 million hits in the first hour alone.

.....a fan can dream, can't he?!

2. - Top - End - #2912
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

more than 5k in an hour. we're nuts
    ░Avatar altered from sensate's░

3. - Top - End - #2913
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hmmm... Strongly considering upping my SoD-pledge to Print Only special... But that'll take a bit off my budgets... Still, I sorta can afford it... Sorta.

Damnit, what to do?

4. - Top - End - #2914
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I've managed to get a few people here at work to pledge.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

5. - Top - End - #2915
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

So, there was a lot of stuff written in this forum, and I didn't have the time to read it all. Apologies if this has been asked, but are you going to tell us when the walk-on cameo occurs? Are we going to know that that is someone's personal character?
    "I weep bitter tears for that seat, which dies a little each day so so that other chairs may live"

<3

My Pokemon:

6. - Top - End - #2916
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hihidude View Post
    So, there was a lot of stuff written in this forum, and I didn't have the time to read it all. Apologies if this has been asked, but are you going to tell us when the walk-on cameo occurs? Are we going to know that that is someone's personal character?
    I didn't read it either but I think that depends if the pledger wants it or not. Latest would be we will read it in the commentaries of the next book.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #2917
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hihidude View Post
    We don't know when (I believe it's some time this year but I can't remember wehre/if I actually read that). And I would imagine so, it's a fairly weak prize if nobody knows that's what it is (my theory is that it'll be not unlike Fruit Pie the Sorcerer, they'll get a cameo, show off their powers, be killed horribly, and get a small corner in the final montage splash-page at the end of the last book with all the other characters). But again, I don't know for sure.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #2918
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Back-of-envelope math says: $756/hour to go...

9. - Top - End - #2919
    Titan in the Playground

So I caved and upped my pledge again. This time I almost doubled it. I'm in triple digits now. I wish I could pledge more but I really, really, really, really, really can't justify pledging more (I'm already buying all books after DCF when this is over so its not like Rich won't get my money, its just a matter of when.). I am now a proud pledger of 115 to get my Board Game, both expansions, OtooPCs, and the art print.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #2920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Buck Godot, right?
    My love for Girl Genius is eternal, but I would have loved for Buck Godot to not have ended. It had a lot of potential.

11. - Top - End - #2921
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    A recap

About 48 hours to raise $91,000

That's $1895.83 an hour
    about $31.60 a minute
    about $0.53 a second

which is really odd that both would reduce to something that close.
    Just goes to show that rounding up or down in finances is significant!

If this were still a job (40 hour work week), it would pay (before taxes and deferrals)
    $75,833.33 a week
    $3,943,333.33 a year

So,
    The averages are starting to slump by 1.5%
    Its only two data points, so It would be difficult to craft projections on them.
    But rough projection would be $894,018 by Feb 21
    I stand in humble awe of WampaX's predictions. His was the most detailed analysis of the numbers and even he did not actually expect to reach this high back on day 3. Not only have we (the fans, loyal followers, minions of the OotS) kept up the pace of the donations but considering the the highest categories had been grabbed by that point we have exceeded the level of donations of those first few days. We are within spitting distance of a cool $1,000,000. ($963,940) $63,000 in just the last 20 hours. I have upped my own pledge a couple of times since this began and am still amazed.

edit: mispelled WampaX, blasted fingers not doing what I want them to do.
    Last edited by Skavensrule; 2012-02-19 at 10:31 AM.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

12. - Top - End - #2922
    Troll in the Playground

And then he adds something I just can't resist!!!
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

13. - Top - End - #2923
    Ogre in the Playground

More crayons free, 4 at the time of writing.

14. - Top - End - #2924
    Troll in the Playground

So, I go to sleep. Pretty happy with my package.
    (I know, I know)
    And What happens?
    The kickstarter goes up 30,000 overnight!
    And I miss a signed dungeonscape and a signed art print.

Curse this weak body and its need for 6 hours of shut eye.

Average per hour needed to break 1 mil before I went to sleep: 1059
    Average per hour needed to break 1 mil after I went to sleep: 737

I want to say this is insane, but I know better

THIS IS PLAYGROUND

Edit: I won't be surprised if we unlock 1 million before rich posts any update. These patience rewards are wonderful.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-19 at 10:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #2925
    Ettin in the Playground

Very tempting, but I'm good with the regular set of books and the game.

16. - Top - End - #2926
    Troll in the Playground

I simply could not resist the Stick Family drawing. Could NOT resist.

catlover is loving it too, so 1 adult, 1 teenager, 2 cats, 1 leopard gecko, 2 rats, 3 hermit crabs and a tubful of tadpoles (tadpoles in the spring time).

Ah, now I so can't wait! A set of signed books, a crayon drawing of an OOTS Character, a Stick Family, patches, cards and everything else! I want this to come in the mail soon. I will do my best to be patient!
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #2927
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you have an amazon gift card and uploaded it, will/can kickstarter use that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

18. - Top - End - #2928
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know. I have an Amazon gift card loaded already, but a card of any type is not charged til the end and the pledge drive is over. I'm waiting to see if it uses up the gift card, or only charges my VISA card.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #2929

I'm sure someone on the comments said that we can't use giftcards. Sorry .

But you shouldn't just take my word for it, check and see .

20. - Top - End - #2930

and we are approaching the point where 600$/hr is enough. The million is home for sure. My guess is 1100k$-1200k$ now. With the final surge only just beginning i wouldn't completely discount 1300k$ or even surpassing the dock yet.

Edit: A surge brought the required rate for the million down to 587.5$/hr. We might hit it tonight (and I mean european time).

The 48 hours left mark is being passed now, and people are getting reminder mails extra surge likely incoming.
    Last edited by Tass; 2012-02-19 at 12:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #2931
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The elevation dock is at 1.5million. We'd have to raise roughly $10,500/hour nonstop for the next 48 hours to beat it. We'll crack a million easily though at this rate, with $586/hour needed.

22. - Top - End - #2932
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The elevation dock is at 1.5million. We'd have to raise roughly $10,500/hour nonstop for the next 48 hours to beat it. We'll crack a million easily though at this rate, with $586/hour needed.
    Yeah, 1.5 million doesn't look to be in reach. But breaking a million? That's looking more and more like a certainty.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

23. - Top - End - #2933
    Halfling in the Playground

I wasn't going to pledge until the final few hours, but these last enticements are going so fast that I have to be ready!

In for a $25 poster pack for now, waiting for ma goodies to become available... if nothing entices, I'll still up the $ amount to pay for the Cintiq...
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

24. - Top - End - #2934
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Buck Godot, right?
    It's from Buck Godot, yes. But the "inside joke" was that I got booted off of Kickstarter for a bit yesterday (too many comments, too quickly apparently) and had to use my second pledge account over there to post comments. But it all got sorted out eventually and Zap Gun for Hire faded back into the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    My love for Girl Genius is eternal, but I would have loved for Buck Godot to not have ended. It had a lot of potential.
    <slight tangent>
    Well I've heard that Phil has ideas for a new Godot story. But he won't get to it until GG is all said and done. Just isn't enough time in the day to ink and draw TWO full page comics on a three-day-a-week schedule, apparently.

(Besides, coloring it would probably kill their colorist Cheyenne. And we can't have that. )
    </slight tangent>
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #2935

You could say the author of the Order of the Stick is... *puts on sunglasses* a Rich man.

26. - Top - End - #2936
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Kinda wishing I had fifty or so bucks to blow, but it happens.
    Last edited by Incom; 2012-02-19 at 12:49 PM.
    SSBitP
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "Creativity is the art of knowing how to hide one's sources." - Original quote, DO NOT STEAL.

27. - Top - End - #2937
    Firbolg in the Playground

See, this is why I should have stayed up. That Stick family portrait would have been the best thing ever.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can just see myself trying to explain our pets. "Yeah, we have three cats. Yes, three. No, one of them's dead, but if you could include his ghostly presence, that would be great. Oh, yeah, they're called Microsoft, RedHat and Cisco, if you're going to label them. Oh, Cisco is green. Yes, green. You know how some cats people say are blue? Well he's like that, except he's a green tabby. Wait, should we give you pictures of the cats for you to see? Hang on, here's Mikey, sorry if it's a bit blurry, it didn't occur to us to take many pics of him until afterwards. Cisco is here, the only one I could find is of him wearing sunglasses, but that shouldn't be a problem. Note the shade of green! And here's RedHat, she's the one sitting on the pumpkins. Yes, pumpkins. We were trying to train her to stop sitting on our cacti."

(For the record, I didn't name them, blame my brother and my mom (he was eight at the time, and is very fascinated with computers. I can't account for my mother.). Red Hat changed their name to Red Fedora a while ago but RedHat is keeping hers, and Cisco is the name of a company I didn't even know about until after we named the cat that. Yes, we're all crazy. Especially my kitties.)
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-19 at 12:52 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #2938

Somehow, it had occurred to me that you might be a cat person. Go figure

29. - Top - End - #2939
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now I really want to see the picture of a green cat with sunglasses. Also, the cat on the pumpkins, but ours sits on the strangest things as well, so that wouldn't be such an unusual sight.

I wonder what Mystery Prize #8 is. We're almost there (at the rate we're going now, anyway), time to throw around some crazy theories

30. - Top - End - #2940

cool Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Somehow, it had occurred to me that you might be a cat person. Go figure
    Mebe a little...

(When I want to show affection I rub my head against someone's arm (Usually the highest part I can reach with most people ). I occasionally greet people with variations on 'meow'. When I get pissed, I hiss at things. I have been raised cat-like.)

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    Now I really want to see the picture of a green cat with sunglasses. Also, the cat on the pumpkins, but ours sits on the strangest things as well, so that wouldn't be such an unusual sight.

I wonder what Mystery Prize #8 is. We're almost there (at the rate we're going now, anyway), time to throw around some crazy theories

Heh. I don't have those two on this computer, but I'll include one pic of the three of them. Then back to topic, hopefully. (We're just 25,000 away by ow, I cannot believe it)

Spoiler
    Show

I still say video of the Giant would be awesome. Time to go destroy Youtube's server instead of Kickstarter's!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-19 at 01:06 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show