New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

The Ocean of Sinbad
    The armor comes off easily, as that's what the leather clasps are for.
    The woman is successfully breathing air again! Hurray!
    Though now she's stuck going everywhere with Eadin now...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thessaloniki Barracks]

Waiting yet further back in line are several vaguely elven, though also human, as though the lines between the two were blurred in their world, rather than as if they're half-elves. Though the black bone claws they have on their hands are probably less than standard for either...

At least, they were waiting back in the line, having arrived rather late. But it's probably their turn now, everyone else having spoken, so they step forward, moving with an almost predatory grace, and, if anyone here is familiar with such, coordinating their movements like pack hunters.

"Vanse and Kirnma, Nayleth Bloodthieves. We're skilled in close combat fighting, and represent the mercenary company known as the Alteration, which has several dozen Hunters, fifteen Drakes, seven Siphons, and half-a-dozen Shapers, as well as two more Bloodthieves,"
    the male says, smiling slightly. "Our price is twenty-five pounds of pure orichalcum, full looting rights, including enemy corpses, should we wish them, and the retention of any prisoners we take."

3. - Top - End - #1173

The ocean of Sinbad

Eadin will drag the woman towards the nearest bit of land. Salt water cleans wounds well but is not good for actual healing.
    With a bit of help from her water magic, she manages to drag the woman to a beach.
    As soon as she has caught her breath (feys aren't known for great strength) she sets on trying to heal the wounds.

Deep breaths.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[The Barracks]

Flarg grins and puts on his coat. They will do more than distract. Sentient spirits in solid Shadow energy bodies. Bit more dangerous than your average dire bear. the gems stop glowing and the animals slowly dissapate.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #1175

The Ocean of Sinbad
    Once her wounds get healed...
    The woman wakes up and she coughs up the sea water!
    She's still wearing her helmet though, so her face can be barely seen.
    "Who...*cough cough* are you?"
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Path Leading to Grundlekrug's Lair

Ok...Whateva' ya 'ave t' do...I meant t' starve it, an' then release i'....Seems like i' was too stupid t' ge' ou' though.....Lead th' way. Don't le' it cut ya. Poisonous. Th' thing is a killing machine. Abomination. It's the perfect thin' for me plans.
    [Abandoned Louv're Mine]

"Poison isn't something I'm afraid of. Don't worry about the thing. I'm a killing machine and an abomination, and I bet my credentials are much better than some lab-bred monstrosity's."

Rot fearlessly leads the way! At some point, his sword has appeared in his right hand, tubes snaking out of the blade and into his arm. He heightens his supernatural senses, listening and sniffing for a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1177

The ocean of Sinbad

Eadin tried to 'help' a little by trying to evaporate the water out of her lungs.
    ''Doesn't matter. Is everything alright? 'she asks, a little concerned, a little annoyed. Silly humans should be more careful and avoid drowning.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

8. - Top - End - #1178

The Ocean of Sinbad
    "I dunno...is that dragon gone? I was fighting an evil Rider and his dragon...killed the rider then I had a tough time killing the dragon...guess it got the better of me..."
    She looked herself over.
    "I feel fine though..."
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1179

Thessaloniki - Barracks -> Front Gate

Moon Called nods. "Alright. We'll set up there. Thanks for the offer, but we're fully equipped. Save your weapons for your troops."

Turning away, the ice elf walks over to the two other ice elves sitting on the ground. She nudges one of them with her boot. "C'mon. We've got our position."
    Keval and Mallod collect their cards, and Keval hands them to Mallod. She puts them back in her bag as she gets up. "How long you think we're gonna sit around for?" Mallod asks. She's slightly taller than Moon Called, her black hair pulled back in two tight braids wrapped around each other. Two serrated scimitars hang from her hips, the base of their grips decorated with dull, grey orbs. A crossbow hangs over her black and white fur cloak, unstringed for the moment. As she walks, she shuffles her cards in her hands.
    "Hopefully not long. Go find Tavish and Sevran, bring them to the front gate."
    "Right. See you in a bit." Mallod waves and splits off from Moon Called and Keval.

Keval stands on about par with Moon Called, his black hair cropped close to his face. His ear is set with a red stud similar to the one Moon Called wears. The centre of his lower lip is a lump of scar tissue, with a gouge running down his chin. He also has a crossbow slung over his back, but unlike Mallod's, his is carved from some sort of wood as black as a starless night. A longsword hangs from his hip, which he rests a guantleted hand on. His other arm carries a helmet with a silver-worked eagle soaring up from the nose-piece, wings spread.
    As the pair walks, Keval glances at the shapeshifter walking off towards the walls. "Y'see him?" The male ice elf mutters.
    "Yeah? What about him?"
    "Look at his eyes. What do they remind you of?"
    Frowning, Moon Called glances back over. There was something about him. The way he carried himself, avoided eye contact with anyone. They'd seen men like that before. Men who'd lost everything and had nothing left but the bitter release of a warrior's death.
    "Gonna have to watch out for him."
    "Yeah."

Legion - Command and Control Tent

Grinning at the prospect of more free food, Allen nods. Sit around waiting for a fight and eat free, fresh food? Oh, that was definitely something he could do. "Right. Lemme know when y'need me." He turns and tromps out of the tent.

"Well?" The boy Allen brought with him looks up as Allen emerges into the sunlight. "What's goin' on?"
    "Fer now? We're sittin' around lookin' pretty while thier boys do all th' hard work. Once they breach th' city, that's when th' fun begins."
    "Don't think there's any way you can look pretty. Ow!" The boy rubs his cheek where Allen had cuffed him.
    "Aw shut yer gob, Sammy. Yer the reason we're on this dumb quest."
    Sammy grunts, tucking his book into a pocket on the inside of his jacket. "So what, where're we goin'?"
    "I have no idea! They said somewhat 'bout free food, though. Fixin' t' go find that."

Thessaloniki - Front Gate

Moon Called and Keval arrive at the front gate shortly after Narahar finishes his magic tricks. The wizard will no doubt sense the auras of several high-class enchantments on their weapons and armour. The two of them come to a halt, gazing up at the wall.

Keval looks around for buildings and fortifications. "What do you think?" He asks. "The rooftops?"
    Moon Called follows his gaze. Take Mallod with you. We don't know what we're up against. They might have short-range fliers."
    "Right." The man continues to scan the area, waiting for his peers to arrive.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

10. - Top - End - #1180

the ocean of Sinbad
    Eadin looks up at the sky. Nope, no dragons.
    She lets her tail transform back to her legs, as to not confuse the girl more.'' looks like I did a decent job. And no dragon. You're safe.

((Deadtiming for tonight))
    Last edited by Eadin; 2012-04-02 at 07:45 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

11. - Top - End - #1181

The Ocean of Sinbad
    The woman sits up, taking her helm off and revealing her bright green hair that was nice and short!
    "That's good at least...so how did you even save me in the first place? And what happened to my armor and sword?"
    ((Aww...night Eadin! It's been fun to talk to you! :D))
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-02 at 07:48 PM.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Thessoloniki - War Room

Vita stands at her uncle's side, ready to place the figures on the war table as her brother shared the information with her. War was no place for a well-bred noblewoman, but her talent was needed. What do you see, brother?

Thessoloniki - Walls

Felis, her twin brother, looks over it all from a good vantage point. Many mercenary groups are arriving. Our coffers will be lighter once we've driven off the Legion.

Pray Vulcan it will be enough.

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1183

[Thessaloniki - Barracks]

Officer Silus frowns a little at Alteration's demands for the services. But then shrugs. If the Legion raids their treasury it won't do the city very much good now will it? "Your price is high, but it sounds like your forces are formidable. We gladly accept your price and services."

Yay!

They have a job!

"Deploy to the city well. Be ready to repel the inevitable attack when it comes."

[Thessaloniki - The Walls]

"Superior numbers, for one," Gaius replies solemnly. "But they can't get them all into the city at once. Even if they can get them into the city. To get to the Governor they'll need to fight their way through the streets. We have the air too heavily defended. That's another advantage to use."

"They have the Wyverns..." Silvanus pipes up, his tone somewhat haunted.

Gaius can't help but sigh. "They might be death on the wing, but they would be forced to fight on the ground just like everyone else. I don't think they'll be nearly as dangerous there. Mostly we just have The Legion's infantry to worry about."

[Thessaloniki - The War Room]

Governor Flavius Octavius sits in his high-backed chair, a chair as ornate as it is plush, and thinks upon dour thoughts. Just this morning Plutarch the high priest of Vulcan reported that a wood-pecker had been found near the sacred flame of Vulcan.

Burned to death.

And as everyone knows the wood-pecker is a sacred animal to Mars. According to the priest this could only mean that Vulcan had already triumphed over Mars in the heavens and that it would only be a matter of time before Thessaloniki triumphs over The Legion as well.

The court had been abuzz about this sign all day.

Favor of the gods or not, it would still be his people giving their lives in the defense of the city. He knew this day would come when he began to rebel against The Legion some years prior. When he had thrown their tax and tribute collectors from the city much to the adoration of the people. Even then he knew there would be retribution to pay. And now here it was, waiting like a lion on his doorstep to devour him.

The elderly man rubs at his wiry beard before glancing at his beautiful young niece. "What do the eyes of your brother see today, my dear? Good fortune for us I hope?"

[The Legion - The Legion Camp]

Allen has all sorts of interesting things to find out here! People running to and fro. Jobs to attend. Weapons to clean. Vehicles to maintain. War-beasts to feed. All in that shiny redish-gold armor. Reddish gold and crimson. Boy, everything around here follows that same color scheme. Must be the team colors, right?

Those warbeasts are something else. Looks like they were lifted right out of ancient Greek myth. Probably because they were.

Though sadly there seems to be an extreme lack of free food around here.

Maybe those soldiers over by the firing range know something about it? Seem to be an awful lot of them over there.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Sea

Flying a few feet above the surface of the ocean, Captain Blood looks down at the sea with a happy sigh from his Arcana-Ship Fortuna's Wrath. It was time to catch some more fish to replenish his crew's stores before continuing on their journey. "Cast the net!" He shouts before watching his men let out the large fishing net next to the reef, where fish are known to be plentiful.

C&C

Standing at the back of the tent, listening intently to everything being said, are a group of 4 mercenaries, obviously together. Each one is drastically different from the others, but the Slaanesh markings that cover them and their equipment link them together.

The first and tallest of the four is a female Wolfen. She's roughly six and a half feet tall and dressed in pieces of dark half-plate armor. Her fur is a pale cream color, highlighted with pastel purple dye with some forming Slaanesh's symbol on the top of her muzzle. Her claws are shorter than a normal Wolfen's, but their tips cast off light, revealing how sharp they are. At her side is a long two-pawed saber with a sapphire pommel.

She smirks gently, revealing long and jagged fangs as she reaches down to stroke the hair of the man at her side. Unlike most Wolfen, her fangs are hollow, allowing a potent venom to be pumped into her prey. Appropriately, her Earned Name was Razorfang.

Attached to her left paw by a long chain, the human male at her side rested his head against Razorfang's knee. His skin was dark tan and he sighed happily as the Wolfen ran her claws through his black hair. If he had a tail, it'd be wagging. Gerald, fondly called "Pet" by Razorfang, always felt more comfortable and relaxed when close to her. She'd been the one to turn him from his blind path as a priest of the Corpse-God, and for that, he owed her his life and more.

He wore a tight mesh vest and leggings, but apparently little in the way of actual hard armor. At his waist sits a pair of large purple and gold pistols. The first is a hand-flamer loaded with a toxic and unstable version of the promethium fuel, made to burn hotter, longer, and leave a corrosive residue if it's somehow extinguished. The other is a smaller-modeled Bolt Pistol, etched with daemonic faces. Pet still felt uncomfortable with using it, but it was a gift from Razorfang, his Love, and he'd wear it proudly. Also worn proudly are two scars on his body. The first is a pair of old circular wounds from where his Love had bitten him on the neck as a sign of her faith to him, and the second was an old brand of the Imperial Eagle, crossed out and defaced by another set of fresher scars on top.

Sitting cross-legged in the air at the height of Razorfang's waist is a beautiful human-seeming being. She's dressed in a puce business style skirted suit with a few modifications. The front is cut low and the skirt is very short. The Corrupted Archon adjusts the skirt slightly in a fashion that is more likely to draw attention to herself than to be modest. Her skin is dark, but with a hint of purple hue, and her white hair is tied back. Unlike the others, she doesn't carry weapons on her body, instead choosing to keep with her innate powers from when she was Popped. "Think we'll get anything good out of this?" Charlotte Webb whispers to the last of the four.

"We should if they don't stiff us with our pay."
    A deep male voice replies. The last of the four is quite a spectacle to look at. He almost looks like a demon or a dragon as he's covered in dark green scales, but he lacks a tail or horns. In the center of his forehead is a third eye, currently closed. He's dressed in a suit of tight fitting powered armor and clutches an ashen-colored spear in his hands. If anyone gets close, they'll feel a buzz of barely contained energies from the psyker. Regul is a V'traani, a semi-reptilian alien who gains the strength of his foes through eating their eyes to improve his Gift.

He opens his third eye to look around the room. His enhanced vision should catch anything that's cloaked by any "normal" means from the normal vision spectra. After the glance, he takes a step forward to whoever is in charge. "Where do you need me and my comrades?"

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Halfling in the Playground

[Thessaloniki Wall]

"Wyverns. Yes. If I see a wyvern I will engage it then. What do you know of them?" The reply is rather...lacking in emotion.

No excitement at the thought of fighting a fierce foe, no fear at the thought of it either.

More...sort of...acceptance.

"If there are no other major threats, I suppose I should simply assist in shooting them until a wyvern presents itself."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

[Thessaloniki - The War Room]

Vita keeps her eyes closed so she can see through his, and carefully details all the arrangements of mercenary troops arriving, occasionally being mentally corrected by her brother, who knows more of war than she and so can identify weapons and specialities better.

She was not blessed with much magical talent, but she can cast a simple illusion on the generic figures to make them match what she sees. She places them on the map table, corresponding to their positions on the wall and in the trenches.

When she is finally done, she is a bit shaky, and happy to take a glass of wine and water from a servant. "... my brother is checking the table now to make sure I have reproduced it accurately." Vita says.

((Communications between the siblings can be godmodded when I'm afk))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1187

[Thessaloniki - Wall]

Gaius and Silvanus both regard shape-shifter with something of stark-horror. "Sir... I... I don't think you understand," Gaius begins earnestly. "You haven't been under The Legion's heel so you wouldn't know. Of all The Legion's monsters they're the most dangerous by far. If you tried to fight one alone it would kill you without a second thought. It would be suicide."

He reaches out to put a hand on the shape-shifter's shoulder. "There's no honor or glory in suicide."

[Thessaloniki - War Room]

The Governor nods slowly, again stroking at his wispy beard. It's a nervous habit of his and really one he should avoid. But alas old habits die hard. "I see... It seems Vulcan is granting us favor in the eyes of the Nexus."

High Priest Plutarch steps forward and nods to the Governor. "This bodes well for us. The Nexus holds many powerful allies who can stand against the forces of The Legion. Surely this is the first stage of Vulcan's sign coming to fruition."

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

"You can name your price, within reason," Centurion Legate replies. She isn't terribly shaken by the reptilian alien at this point. Maybe a few hours prior she might have been. But since getting dumped in this recruiting position she has seen a lot of weird stuff.

Crazy Nexus.

"The Legion will review your contributions and decide if any adjustments need to be made," she looks down and begins making some notes on her electronic pad. "That said, how would you describe your talents? The Legion wants to be sure to put you to as much use as possible against these rebels."

There shouldn't be anything hidden in the room. Just a tent after all! Unless one of the other mercs is hiding som-

Oh.

Wait.

There's an eight foot tall cyborg wyvern thing standing guard in one corner of the room, not so much as a visual ripple giving her location away. Her weapons are currently locked into an offline-position and she honestly looks pretty bored, though she's keeping a watchful eye on the mercenaries none the less. Over the heart of her breastplate a XIV is stamped into the orahalcum.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-02 at 09:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Thessaloniki - The Barracks]

One of the Jr Officers gives the walking suit of armor an odd look. "You... uuh... You mean Hippocratic oath, don't you?"

Oh Nexus! You so silly.

[Legion - Command and Control Tent]

Centurion Legate glares at the shadowy serpent of a being. "Our mission, sir, is the capture of Governor Octavius and the neutralization of any forces loyal to him. If we wanted fear we would bomb the city flat. Minimal civilian casualties is our preference. And if the civilians can remain relatively un-traumatized then so much the better."

Barracks

"No. The Hippogryffic Oath lets me punch you flat if you prevent me from healing, so long as I nurse you back to health," RU1 crosses his arms with a creak.

C&C Tent

"Ah, that's no fun. But I can bring you this Octavius man, free of earthly charge. Nothing's faster and more precise than darkness and nightmares," two bogeys grin out from the shadows behind Jack.
    "Just give me the word..."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Legion Camp and Control

A pair of halflings walk down the way to get to the camp. The obvious leader is shorter than the other and wears ratted clothes. Namely a brown shirt that is cut and ragged, a blue petticoat, and other ripped, dirty, and stained clothes. He has some rotted teeth that seem to be permanently yellow. His "minion" is a halfling the size of a muscle-builder dwarf. He has hugs muscles and is rather tubby, with a beer gut and broad shoulders. Marciano Louv're heads to the camp. He shouts out to whoever is listening in a nasal, cruel, and unpleasant cockney voice. 'Ello? Any 'o' ya Legion people 'ere? I've come t' provide "reinforcements".

Here's Marciano:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-02 at 09:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1190

[Thessaloniki Wall]

"Things aren't always what they seem." Leeh chuckles quietly. He doesn't really sound amused though.

Gaius may be a little surprised when, after a moment, the shoulder he put his hand on simply gives way beneath him.

Leeh's whole form ripples as it shifts out of the way of Gaius's hand and reforms a few inches further to the side.

"To you it may be suicide. How could any man stand up to one of these fierce wyverns, eh? But I'm hardly the same as you. So it takes, what, dozens of you to bring one down? What if by myself I can keep it distracted? I don't have to kill it to render it useless. And if it does kill me, then so be it. I didn't come here looking for honour and glory."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [North Forest]

"Um, I don't really know. It's kinda hard to ask, you know? And plants can't talk. There's this one kind of tree, it has a big, open mouth thing full of teeth on the top, but the tree can't move. So these vines grow on it, and they'll drag people into the mouth and drink the extra blood." Pleasant. Mimi doesn't seem at all disturbed by it. Probably lives with that sort of thing every day.
    Imp seemed to have decided that, while Mimi wasn't a threat, she should at least be watched as she floated around and made mouth sounds. So, henceforth, at least for now the lioness cub head was dead set on staring at the little fey while the dog's head scanned the area, glancing towards every interesting sound that the forest produced.

...Yeah I have no idea. Maybe I'd be safe anyway depending on the necessary proteins it may get from blood? Might have to remember this for a later test. Preferably using something that isn't me, though. Nibbling on a finger, Riss didn't immediately come up with anything else to say. Really, she wasn't sure what else to talk about given that Mimi didn't seem like she would know much about engineering or metallurgy or anything like that. Well, maybe she could be a guide of sorts but the muse simply wasn't sure if she could trust the fey just yet. Or rather, she was still firmly uncertain of what motives the girl might have.

22. - Top - End - #1192

GnomeWizardGuy

The Barracks

Flarg grins again and steps backwards into his own shadow, disappearing and reappearing in the shadow of a tower on the wall.

[Thessaloniki-The Wall]

Aright boss-man. he says to no one in particular Point me in the direction of the nasties and just give the word. I'll see how willing a number of 'em are to die for their country.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose nods, and goes to the Wall!

...along the way, changing into a buff jacket reinforced with Orichalcum plates of armor, providing her with protecting while still allowing her to move.

Thessaloniki-The Wall

Once she reaches the wall, she looks at the Legion. "Huh. That's a big army..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

C&C

The Seer doesn't let his gaze linger on the cloaked soldier, lest he give away his abilities. "We have a wide array of abilities. Infiltration, shock, support, whatever is needed. Even capable of taking out the odd tank or two. As for pay, we'll simply take whatever our enemies drop in terms of equipment, money, and other...miscellaneous items. If allowed, we'd like to capture one or two alive near the end of the conflict or earlier if need be. For our own personal use, you understand."

Back with the others, Charlotte gives a sigh and floats up to hang on Razorfang's shoulders, practically draping her small body across the Wolfen's back. "So...is Pet going to bless us in any special manner before the battle this time, or just the usual."

"Pet" snerks at the comment, but Razorfang is the one who answers. "I don't think we have time for the special way this time. Should have asked before. And besides, we're out of supplies for it. We'll get some more today."

25. - Top - End - #1195

[Thessaloniki - Wall]

And at that?

Gaius just frowns. "The gods were kind enough to bless you with uncanny abilities. That's great. I'm sure they'll be of great service to the city. But just... don't... ugh... Why am I even trying."

The young man throws his hands up in the air, defeated.

Stupid crazy suicidal Nexus people.

"Not as if it matters. There's no way The Legion will be able to get into the city. Not unless they can crawl up through the geothermal vents."

A beat.

A totally horrified look.

"Vulcan help us they're going to crawl up through the geothermal vents," he quickly snatches up his rifle and points at a certain young man with a telepathic connection to his sister. "Tell the Governor to send more guards to the thermal plants as quickly as he can."

And with that he's rushing away!

"Gaius! Gaius you can't just abandon your post on a hunch!" Silvanus yells after him. "Oh gods preserve me," the young man mutters before racing after his friend.

The shadow-summoner should arrive just in time to see this interesting scene unfold!

[Thessaloniki - Barracks]

The officer just gives the golem-armor-thing a totally blank look.

Yeah.

That's pretty much it.

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

Centurion Legate doesn't seem terribly impressed by this display. Okay, yeah. It's a little creepy. She'll give him that. Buuut. "Alright. Go right ahead. Show us what you can do."

Sounds pretty skeptical.

Then back to the mercenary band!

"What hired swords do with their spoils are none of our concern. All that The Legion asks is that you avoid intentionally targeting non-combatants. Our targets here are the Governor and the solider loyal to him. Our Oracles have informed us that a decapitation strike is very likely to put and end to this rebellion."

Yeah, crush that rebellion!

"I doubt there will be too much armor in the city proper. The streets aren't well designed to allow for it. As for your other talents-" Centurion Legate points at a map of the city on the table. "There's a strategic ammo dump here, here, and here. Once we breach the walls destroying or capturing those ammunition stockpiles will be a high priority. We really don't care which. If you can take one of them out of the game The Legion would have no issue with you taking whatever weapons from the cache you want. Provided you make sure the rebels can't use the rest."

[The Legion Camp]

The halfling is met with...

Well.

A bunch of people giving him odd looks. There are a ton of Legion soldiers hurrying about and getting ready for the siege to begin in earnest. And aside from the looks he doesn't get much attention.

Though there does seem to be a bunch of people over by the firing range. And a few mercenary-looking types nearby there as well. Maybe they know who to talk to?

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

The Legion Camp

Marciano heads to the mercenary group. Oy, I'm 'ere to signup t' 'elp the little rebellion ya go' goin'. 'Oo d' I 'ave t talk to? Jus' poin' me th' general direction. Gah. Accent of dooom!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks

"If I must die that another may live, so be it!" RU1 calls after the man.

And while Jack isn't here yet (he's checking out the gates) he's sent a bogey on ahead to spy.

The bogey chuckles. Master will love this news.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

C&C

The Seer waves his companions over, and Gerald gets up from his position, wrapping an arm around Razorfang's waist as they come forward to look over the map. "Are there any schematics of the caches themselves? Any good paths to get there?" He asks as the others crowd around the map. As for the capturing, The Seer plots ways to make it seem "allowed" in the eyes of The Legion should something...untoward happen to a civilian that crosses their paths.

29. - Top - End - #1199

[Thessaloniki Wall]

"Gods nothing..." Leeh mutters to himself.

And then Gaius goes a'running.

What to do?

Well it's probably worth investigating? Probably? How he wishes he had an overhead view of the city...no idea where anything is.

Idea.

Leeh's body ripples again as his body alters itself, the clothes that are merely part of his body as well changing shape along with him.

End result? Four-legged animal. Much faster than two legs.

And with that he dashes after Gaius, calling out to him when he catches up. "Hop on! If you give directions, I can get us there faster!"

30. - Top - End - #1200

Thessaloniki - Front Gate

As the two ice elves wait, Moon Called looks over at the spell-caster next to them. "Nahir, right?" She smiles a little. "I'm Moon Called Shadesri. This is Kavel Drastadre." The ice elf with the crossbow glances over, nods curtly, and looks away. "If we're going to be fighting next to each other we should get to know each other, hey? What do you specialize in?"

While she speaks, a trio of ice elves approach, their steel armour clanking as they walk. Mallod leads the way as Sevran and Tavish follow behind her. They're talking amongst each other, but at the moment it's too hard to make out what they're saying over the sound of their armour. After a few moments, they join the group at the front gate. With Moon Called occupied, Kavel steps forward.
    "You found a camp?"
    Tavish nods. "They've set up a campgrounds for us motley, ragtag soldiers of fortune over that way." She points to the east. "Once our deployment is over we should be able to retire to them."
    "Good. Any information on the enemy?"
    "I overheard some soldiers talking about some sort of bioengineered humans," Sevran speaks up. "Nothing solid, though."
    "Well, we'll be finding out soon." Mollad looks towards the front gate with barely concealed excitement.
    "Indeed," sighs Kavel. "Come on. You and I are going to provide cover from the roofs."
    Mollad opens her mouth to protest, before sighing and following Kavel.

The Legion Camp

"I don't see any free food." Sammy observes. "Maybe he was lyin' ta you."
    "Nah. I 'eard 'im. He had little vegi'bles jus' layin' around!" Allen waves his hand in the air as he says this, almost incredulously. "'Sgotta be 'round 'ere somewheres." The gunslinger starts to look around, before a pair of freakish looking midgets approaches them. Allen looks down at Maciano from behind his reflective goggles, raising a single eyebrow. "... Right then," he says after a few moments. He shoves his hands in his pockets, pulling out a crushed cream puff. "I'm gonna go find some grub. Y'can deal with this, kid. They're closer t' yer size."

"I-" Sammy begins, but Allen is already gone. Sighing, Sammy turns to regard the halflings. He hated it when Allen did this to him. "That way." The roughly fifteen-year-old boy says, pointing towards the Command and Control tent.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!