New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

[Leaving W5]

Karyana nods, smiling, and watching the sky as well.

"Agreed."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Leaving W5]

Karyana nods, smiling, and watching the sky as well.

"Agreed."
    Where are we? Zwei blinks, rubbing her eyes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Where are we? Zwei blinks, rubbing her eyes.
    "I'm not sure if it's got a name, actually..."

The vampire goes to put a wing around her wife, to provide some protection from the glare, smiling.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Really Pretty Glacier]
    Which means we can be the ones to name it!
    But deadtime happens.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-04-03 at 10:21 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Legion Camp - Under an Oak]

LXXX still isn't quite use to the looks she gets. Especially since this is only the second time she's been out in public since... well... since her visit to the Wyvern labs. She had been programed with an instinctive understanding of how to use her body, but not with an understanding of how to cope with how the humans would relate to her.

The others insisted she would grow accustomed. LXXX isn't altogether sure any of them ever become use to it.

She shifts somewhat uncomfortably under Sammy's gaze, but she tries her best to make it look like she was just trying to find a better way to sit.

"Wyvern 80 of the Wyvern Century. I am a living weapon created to serve The Legion in defense as well as in retribution. I am aegis and spear given life," she repeats the stock-description that had been imprinted into her memory somewhat mechanically.

A moment passes. And for a moment her gaze seems... distant. But then it's as though her sense return. And the creature scoots a little closer to Sammy.

"Who are you, civilian?"

[Legion Camp - Free Food!]

"Not quite. Their bodies are grown around their brains. ...I think. Here," Brutus reaches into his pack and pulls out a small canister. Offers it to the gunslinger. "Bio-foam. Most of the men call 'em a Medic in a Can. You spray it onto a wound and it'll close it up good as new in no time. They build the bodies of the warbeasts outta stuff like just. Only programed to build monsters instead of plug bullet holes."

Well.

Isn't that handy?

Allen might want to snag a few cans of that stuff as payment when the time rolls around.

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

A tiny little person with metal cat claws.

Yeah... no one is taking him seriously.

"Look, kid. We don't have time for this sort of thing. This isn't a jewel heist or a cat-fight. It's the siege of a city. A war. How do you honestly intend to be useful with... that?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-03 at 10:24 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion Camp

Marciano snarls angrily. Shoe me yer meat puppet an' I'll show you "sir."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[Thessaloniki To the Vents!]

A gem on Flarg's necklace glows and Galus and the shifter might notice a happy little black wolf puppy running behind them, to their sides, above them, it likes to jump around a lot.

Thessaloniki The Walls

Flarg takes off his coat and lays it on the ground, sitting cross-legged on it. He'll stay quiet unless spoken to and keep his eyes closed. The gem on his glove glows and a tiny black sparrow flutters about until it finds a perch on the top of the nearest building.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Really Pretty Glacier]
    Which means we can be the ones to name it!
    But deadtime happens.

[Really Pretty Glacier]

Karyana nods, grinning

"Yep! Probably get to add it to the maps, too... I found it on one of my flights, and I'm pretty sure no-one else has been here until you three."

9. - Top - End - #1239

Legion Camp - Under an Oak

What the heck is an aegis? Maybe it was some sort of bat-lizard. And they combined a bat-lizard with a spear and-
    No. That was stupid. Sammy makes a mental note to figure out what the heck an "aegis" is later.
    "I'm Sam Cassidy," replies the fifteen-year-old. "But most people call me Sammy. I'm... Well, I'm travellin' with a merc' named Allen who's workin' fer you guys. I dunno if he's gonna take me with him when he goes to fight or not. Depends on if he kin get a proper medic," he shrugs as he ends the sentence. "So... Yer name's Eighty? It's just a number?" Sammy frowns. "I ain't never met anyone who's name's a number before."

Legion Camp - Firing Range

"You kin jes' make bodies?" Allen glances over at Brutus, then back to the wyvren in front of him in amazement. "Fass'nating. How long's it take?" When Brutus holds out the bio-foam, the gunslinger snatches the can from the soldier's hands and holds it up to examine. He pretends like he's reading it, but in actuality he has no idea what it's supposed to say. "Does it now. Should be useful. Thanks, Bruce."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

C&C Tent

"We can move quickly enough by foot."
    The V'traani tells their host. "We'll be able to enter the place amongst your soldiers and break off to do our task." After that, he winces at the sound the halfling makes.

The knife thing was pretty bad too.

Razorfang growls at the sound, her sensitive ears aching at it, but it's Pet who responds. "I volunteer." He says quietly before standing. "If you could...?" He asks his Mistress. After a brief pause, she takes the pistols from his belt and runs a claw tip down her part of the chain, making it fall off with a clink before attaching it to his other wrist.

"Do you still wish to seek someone to oppose?"
    He asks in a calm and quiet voice as he steps in front of the little halfling. Pet appears to be unarmed, and even inhibited by the silver shackles.

Razorfang genuinely looks worried, her ears back and muzzle tight against her fangs. Even so, with a gentle motion by Charlotte, she backs up a couple steps to allow Pet some room.

11. - Top - End - #1241

[Legion Camp - Under an Oak]

LXXX almost says something regrettable in reply to the comment regarding her name but instead she just kind of... twitches. Like an electric shock suddenly coursed through her body.

A little reminder that she can't disobey any standing orders. Nor forget them. The rules regarding her old name are mentally recited in her mind, mentally spoken by a voice not her own. No, that name is gone. Forget it and move on. She is only LXXX now.

"Yes. Just a number. I'm not a human so I don't need a name. I'm a weapon, not a person," LXXX finally lies, trying her best to sound as resolute and sure as she possibly can. Oh Mars is this ever hard... So much to remember. The truth is always easier to recall. But her actual nature is a state secret and not something she's at liberty to share.

At the mention of 'medic' however she seems to brighten ever so slightly. "I've been equipped for medical support in this battle. If you are injured it would be my honor to aid a friend of The Legion in the coming conflict, Sam Cassidy."

She then glances back toward the C&C. "However I'm not sure where I'll be deployed yet..."

No doubt the can has instructions for its use. How very good to know! Too bad Allen can't read them.

Brutus coughs politely. "You're holding it upside down."

At Allen's question the solider shrugs. "Not too long. They got another one out here after the rebels over at Ephesus managed to kill one and that was less than a month ago. They replace these things quickly enough that it's rumored by some of our enemies that they're immortal."

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

The Centurion raises an eyebrow at this display before making a sweeping gesture with one hand. "By all means. I suspect it'll be educational for everyone involved."

Ready...?

FIGHT!

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion C&C Camp

Marciano grins before his claws grow even more to where each is the size of a small bayonet, (Think Freddy Crougar or whatever his name is.) Fine then creature. I jus' 'ope ya 'ave a 'ealer nearby! He then jumps at Pet angrily. He tries to punch Pet from above with the ssharp claws while his other set of claws swings wildly. Pets description?

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

C&C Tent

Pet is a human with dark tan skin and black hair. He wears little, clothed in what appears to be a vest and leggings of a tight mesh material and a belt. Aside from that, he wears only the silver bonds between his wrists. Even his feet are bare.

Even as their host speaks, Pet closes his eyes, searching deep within himself for the power granted to him by his new-found faith in Slaanesh, the Prince of Sensation.

Time slows for his inner thoughts as the music of Slaanesh wells up from deep within him, guiding his movements.

The strings section is the first to begin, and a gentle smile comes to his face as the halfling leaps at his face. The music is unheard by anyone else, only felt within Pet's soul. Guided by the "Soul" Music, Pet bends backwards gracefully to allow his attacker to sail over him, and when his hands touch the floor, he continues the motion by bringing his legs up in a kick to keep the halfling propelled along.

As he kicks, and whether or not it connects, the human twists his body gracefully to complete the full backwards-"roll" and stands back upon his two feet once more.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion Tent?

Marciano is kicked and flips in the air with a move you'd expect from Yoda! He does a back-flip in the air before his claws smash into the ground in a ferocious smash. He pulls the claws out causing pices of the ground to be tugged out. He growls before spinning awfully fast with both hands out like a tornado at Pet before his right hand punches towards Pet's lower stomach, in an attempt to gut the man. His left claw stays back, ready to defend. Yer gonna 'ave t' do betta than tha' boy.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-04 at 10:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Legion Camp - Under an Oak

Concern touches Sammy's face as Eighty shudders, his eyebrows knitting together. "Oh," he says. He feels like there's something more going on here, something bigger. But he has a suspicion that pushing the issue might not be a good idea. "Alright. Eighty, then." He smiles. Now that he'd spoken with the wyvren some, she didn't seem quite so unnerving. She was a lot like the mutants back home, but she was much nicer. The mutants tended to band together and kill normal humans when they met. "It's nice t' meet you, Eighty. You're prob'bly the nicest weapon I've ever met."

When Eighty mentions that she's 'equipped for medical support," Sammy sits up. "Oh yeah? My pa, he was a doc-ter. I wanna be like 'im one day. I like helpin' people."

Legion Camp - Firing Range

Why do you think Allen's been dragging Sammy around? Certainly not for his charming company. The gunslinger coughs, turning the can over and putting it in his pocket. He'd track down Sammy later and get the kid to read the thing for him.

"Huh." Allen observes the wyvren before him some more, munching on an orange. "So, are they? Immortal?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

16. - Top - End - #1246

Fields

The battlemage is tripped, but grabs at Zefir as he falls, trying to drag the mad bomber down with him and hopefully prevent said basketcase from hurling around any more bombs.

Scant feet away, the second mage gets the scare of his life as the spider bomb lands right next to him, scrambling back to his feet and away from the accursed thing in record time as the explosive automaton springs to life. Oh hells. Today was all new kinds of bad. Sparks begin to gather round his hands as he begins to back away, slower now that he's had a second to think, to realize that sudden movement might only make it easier for the machine to detect him.

The third battlemage continues his struggle to breathe through the blood and broken bone that partially obstructs his windpipe, finally managing to latch on to some amount of focus amidst the haze of pain and beginning to mutter something under his breath.

Outside Trog's- Drunken Elf versus Angry Gnoll!

No doubt Kale does get liberally doused in his foe's blood as he deals the penultimate wound, but what's a little blood compared to everything else, to the all-consuming rage and panic of battle, the searing pain of the claw marks running cross his arms and face, to the triumphant pride of having won, having dealt what he knows must have been a killing blow to the ugly beast? Whatever part of Kale's mind would normally tell him to be disgusted, horrified by the carnage he's caused, has wisely fallen silent and let pure survival instinct take the helm.

Well, nearly pure survival instinct. Wrenching the pick free again, Kale staggers back, pausing to catch his breath and glare a million acidic daggers at his foe through the haze of red. Even amidst what amounts to a small war, Kale's not a killer by nature, not when he has a choice in the matter. Hence why he doesn't press the assault and finish off the wounded Grendar. "I'll give you, give ya one chance. Give up now an I won't haveta end you." He rasps out, having to pause briefly midway through to spit out the blood filling his mouth from where one of the gnoll's claws tore clean through his cheek, leaving him with a sneering half-smile carved onto his face.

The Legion- C&C Tent

Three new additions the many merry mercs massed at the brewing warzone arrive, looking around for someone to speak to about signing up for the upcoming slaughter. Each of the triplets is nearly indistinguishable from his brothers, all three with the same brown hair and blue eyes, the only identifying mark between them that each wears a different color of shirt, the first red, the second blue and the third green. "Er, who's in charge of recruiting around here?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #1247

[Legion Camp - Under the Oak]

"It has been my experience that most weapons aren't much for conversation. I doubt I have any real competition," LXXX replies in as stern and serious of a tone as she can muster.

And makes a slight snerking sound before continuing.

Totally true though! Never met a talkative artillery piece before.

Then comes the mention of parents. And doctors. And memories. The programing was meant to downplay memories that might cause conflict in combat. But this situation is hardly one of combat and so the nettling thoughts come bubbling to the surface of LXXX's mind.

Don't worry, princess. You'll be going to the best school the Legion has to offer. Be diligent and study! Maybe one day you can work in the hospital just like me and mommy.

The wyvern's left eye twitches almost imperceptibly.

"A doctor... yes. That's a noble profession to strive for. I hope you attain it and bring honor to your father's name."

[And somewhere else completely...]

"The strike team is nearing the objective. How do their vitals check out?"

"All in the green. I'm getting some neural feedback on Eighty, though."

"Eighty, really? Isn't it just sitting in the middle of the camp?"

"Yeah, but you know how they are. Always a bit buggy until their first battle. Helps to cement the combat routines. It's probably nothing to be worried about."

"Better tell its handler just in case. Something might be aggravating it."

[And Now Back to the Tree!]

A nearby nondescript solider in a uniform touches two fingers to his ear and nods before walking toward Sammy and LXXX. "Wyvern Eighty. Your equipment needs to be inspected. Come with me."

LXXX seems vaguely surprised by this, but doesn't argue. "Yes, Centurion. Vediovis' blessings on your medical endeavors, Sam Cassidy. I hope you won't require my services in the coming battle."

And off she goes, tromping all upright behind the Centurion! Huh. That was weirdly abrupt.

"Ha! I wish. If they couldn't die that would take a lot of pressure off everyone else. No, they can be killed. But I've seen them take an anti-personnel rocket to the face and survive the experience. The only thing that can shrug off more punishment is one of the Nemias," Brutus gestures at a nearby cage with several very unfriendly looking lion-like creatures inside. They're rather pointy. "Though they're about as friendly as an angry harpy and about as dumb as one too. The wyverns are bright enough to lay down covering fire."

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

The triplets arrive just in time to see a midget and a guy in shackles fighting each other!

Centurion Legate really isn't even watching. Though she does wave the trio toward her desk.

XIV is watching the combat very closely. The creature is clearly not some mindless brute. She's carefully analyzing the motions of both fighters.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Halfling in the Playground

Legion Camp - C&C Tent

The 'walls' of the tent might shudder briefly, as though struck by a harsh wind. A low hum fills the air, and outside, there is the sound of creaking metal. There's no visible source, at least not until a long steel ramp simply falls out of space. It lowers to the ground, a door open in the air above, leading to some sort of small hangar bay.

Down the ramp steps Teq Vraal, a red-skinned giant with a mandibled mouth and a spiked scalp. He studies the camp briefly before entering the tent, unless stopped by no-doubt suspicious guards. He doesn't appear armed, but does that ever really matter?
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1249

[Thessaloniki - The Walls]

Zefir lays down his weapons to sum up what he has. Laying down the rocket launcher in front and a bit of ammunition. He looks at the guy answering him.

"And what can you tell about there army. Are they using vehicles or other things ?"

Zefir also turns around to Flarg. He assumes that he is a mage or similar. It's obvious that he hates him, even if they don't know each other. Sadly it's not the time to start fights.

Fields

Zefir is surprised that these guys seem to be trained physical as well.He got grabbed, but also uses the opportunity. He will try to use the fall to land a hit in the mages face using his full body weight from the fall.

The spider mine does indeed go for the moving mage and especially for the magic he uses.Shouldn't the other use magic as well the spider mine will turn around, but for not it runs through the 2nd mage. If it is in reach it will suddenly jump on him.

It should be noted that the anti magic field starts to flicker.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #1250

Legion - Under the Oak Tree

Sammy laughs at the wyvren's deadpan joke. She really wasn't as bad as her appearance made her seem. She was nice! And plus, she knew how to heal people. Maybe Sammy'd pick up a few tips from her, if they could stick together. He hoped they could. At least, they could talk while she was in the camp.

His smile fades, though, when he realizes that something he'd said had dampened Eighty's mood. "I'm sorry," he begins, "did something I say..."
    Sammy trails off, though, as a man approaches them. His mouth hangs open in a half-formed word as Eighty excuses herself and tromps off.

"Bye," he tells her back. "I hope I see you again."
    But even as he waves, a knot wells up in his stomach. What'd they mean, 'check her equipment'? Something he'd told her had upset her. And then a soldier had come to drag her off.
    Something was very wrong. And somehow, Sammy felt like he was the cause of it.

He puts his hat back over his head, tugging on it to pull it down over his shaggy hair. His book is tucked back into his jacket pocket. Quietly, he gets to his feet and starts after Eighty.

Legion - Firing Range

Okay. That made sense. And really, Allen couldn't object to it. If the beasties really were immortal, these Legion guys probably would have taken over that dumb city by now. Maybe the Nexus, too, although that'd be rather difficult even with immortals on your side. Even worse, they wouldn't need Allen's help. And that meant, most importantly, no being payed and no free food.
    And that was unacceptable.
    "I see," Allen looks over at the jagged, angry lion-beasts in the cages. So that's what the b**** in the tent was talking about. He makes a note to himself to stay well away from them. Although it'd be funny to see what happens if someone gets accidentally pushed into one. Maybe he'd try that.
    "So. How long're we jess gonna sit 'ere?" Not that he minded, of course. But he was starting to get a little bored. He hadn't shot anything in almost a day!
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Sea - Aboard Fortuna's Wrath

Blood and his crew pull the net up after a few minutes and when they release the fish on deck, they make their way through their catch to toss back the unwanted. Dolphins and sharks are let go, but when Blood sees Eadin, he offers her his hand. "Sorry, my lass. Just working on catching up our supplies. Welcome to Fortuna's Wrath. I'm Captain Blood, owner of the vessel."

Blood is a tall and slim man, well muscled and lacking a shirt. His chest has five playing cards tattoed above the heart and he wears several blackpowder pistols, a rapier, and a rather large hat.

With a poofy red feather in it.
    Sea - Aboard Fortuna's Wrath
    Eadin is not a happy mermaid. The offer of a hand will be met with hissing.
    "Don't you people look before you cast out nets? I am not for eating!"
    This goes on for a while until she calms down.
    Changing her tail back to two legs and stands up, peering at the captain.
    "Well, since I'm here you can give me a tour of your ship.. I supppose."
    She doesn't seem very impressed with the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Ocean of Sinbad
    The woman nods and wades into the water as well.
    She'll follow Eadin wherever she brings her.
    Eadin lets the woman hold on to her schoulders and starts to swim, changing her legs back to her tail. Goes faster that way.
    "So what were you doing up there anyway?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Thessalonikian Walls

Felis takes out a spyglass and examines the enemy encampment, taking in as many details as he can to relay to his sister. He feels his sister's quiet distress at the upcoming battle, but doesn't share it. Or at least, his own discontent with affairs has a different source. He wants to be in the thick of the fight, bearing arms for the defence of his city, and for glory. Instead, he is to be his uncle's eyes and ears, staying above the fighting as much as possible to give him the best information. He knows it is the most sensible place for him, and chafes at the restraint. His sister too is another restraint. If he is hurt, she will be hurt. If he is killed... he doesn't know what would become of her if he died in battle. To feel her dying would be a pain beyond anything, but a pain he can at least imagine. To feel an empty place in his mind where she has always been - he can't imagine that at all. He comes up against a blank wall when he tries. Stop trying, Vita scolds him. If you fall in battle, I will grieve you forever, but I will live somehow.

I don't want to leave you alone, Sister.

Maybe you won't. Maybe I will hear you from the Underworld.

If not, I will challenge Orcus and fight my way back to you.

He feels her impatience with his bravado. You really believe you could. Foolish boy. She was right. He really did believe it, even though he knew better than to speak such hubris aloud and tempt the gods. But if the gods separated him from Vita, he knew he could destroy them all to reach her again. He was unshakeable in this belief, even with Vita herself in his mind believing otherwise.

Thessaloniki - Palace

While this conversation takes place, Vita rises from the lectus at the end of the Main Course and throws her offering to Vesta into the fire, to look for the household future in the way it burns.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1253

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

Oh neat! A new person has arrived!

The sudden 'teleportation' manages to startle a few guards and they ready their weapons, but it's decided in a hurry that this guy is no native to Thessaloniki. Gee! Wonder how they came to that conclusion?

As the bug-man heads into the tent he'll find some bravado being burned off by a halfling and some guy in chains dancing around. The Centurion in charge of signing up the mercs is doing her best to ignore the display.

[The Legion Camp - Following LXXX]

Sammy won't have to walk very far. LXXX is lead to some rather complicated looking machines and hooked up to them via a series of cables. The solider with her, apparently her handler, begins poking at a touch-pad which in turn causes the various equipment pods on the Wyvern to split open and deploy.

One looks like it's certainly medical in nature. It has Vediovis' snake-staff printed on it and everything. The rest all appear to be weapons. Really fancy looking ones, too. With a rather audible *SHINK!* a large spear-point extends from the end of her tail.

Huh.

Maybe that's what she was talking about before?

During the process LXXX seems rather... uneasy? She must be aware that she got in trouble somehow. Or at least did something wrong. She's doing her best to ignore the diagnostics. The feeling of someone else moving parts of her body without her input is really weird. And whilst idly watching the activities in the camp her gaze falls on Sammy again.

Which her handler somehow notices almost instantly.

[Somewhere Far Away]

"Huh. Going over Eighty's audo-logs. Apparently that kid she was talking to wants to be a doctor. As soon as she heard that the neural feedback started. Weird."

"What do you mean, weird? Didn't you read Eighty's dossier?"

Obviously he didn't.

"Its parents were some big-wigs at the Central Hospital. Why do you think it's so keen on medical equips?"

"Eh? If they were so important why didn't they ransom their kid?"

"Patriotism, probably. Y'know how it is. Even some rich folks send their kids off as Tribute to show their support of The Legion. Good for them, I say."

"Yeah. I suppose that makes sense. Hey, why not let Eighty talk to the kid?"

"Are you serious?"

"Sure. It needs to learn how to interact with people without getting all mopy. Since we know the cause for the feedback it should be easier to eliminate it. Especially with Eighty hooked up to the diagnostic machines."

[Legion Camp - Following LXXX]

The solider nods again before gesturing to Sammy. "Hey kid! Yeah. You. Come over here. Eighty wanted to talk to you."

Eighty seems rather surprised by this turn of events! Not unpleasantly surprised either.

[Legion Camp - Firing Range]

"Probably not too much longer," Brutus replies with a shrug as he grabs an apple off the cart. "I heard we've got a plan to knock down the barrier around the city. Soon as that's out of the way we'll hit 'em fast and hit 'em hard."

[Thessaloniki - The Palace]

The offering sizzles and pops in the fire as grease is boiled away and meat turns black. The pyromancy will return a very clear answer. There will be a great victory today.

Good news, to be sure!

Silvanus nods in reply. "They have plenty of vehicles. But rumor has it they just want to take the Governor. So they'll mostly be sticking to street fighting rather than bombing the city. The Legion will try to take the city intact."

And sell the rebels off as slaves. And replace them with loyal citizens from other provinces.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-04 at 11:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

There's another hum, and whatever carried Teq here recedes into the sky. It's ramp folds back up as it goes, leaving no trace it was there at all. Teq approaches Legate, leaning forward to lay his hands flat on the desk. He chirrups inquisitively. "Is this the place to join up?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1255

Legion C&C Tent

One of the triplets will also head over to the Centurion Legate's desk, leaving the other two to observe the fight. "Me and my brothers are here to join the fight." He explains bluntly, giving Teq a puzzled glance. The giant's combination of insect and animal traits really does seem somewhat improbable from an evolutionary standpoint. Another artifical lifeform mayhaps?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside - Abandoned Mine]

Following the map, Dipsnig, Jakus and Furt should arrive here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Sea

"Well, lass, what'd ya like to see first? Crew quarters, storage hold, the cannon prison?" Blood asks. If she looks around, she'll see all sorts of people working. Men, women, elves, orcs, even a couple cyborg gorillas. It seems the good Captain doesn't discriminate.

Legion Tent

Pet opens his eyes, showing twin pools of swirling colors where his pupils should be. The tempo of the music within him changes and he takes a couple short and quick steps back out of the halfling's reach before thrusting an arm out to the side and lifting a leg up to rest a foot against the side of his knee. He tilts his hips to one side and looks down at an angle to the side while setting his other hand on his chest.

Within himself, he hears quick drums and guitars as he prepares for a Samba.

He doesn't reply to the halfling's quip, instead imagining an invisible partner there to lead him in the dance.

28. - Top - End - #1258

[The Legion - C&C Tent]

Fight fight fight!

Those crazy people are really duking it out!

"It is, yes," the Centurion replies to the newcomers in a level tone even as the hobbit and the former priest scuffle nearby. "Your names, if you will. And what you feel you can offer The Legion."

She glances up at the fight nearby.

"...demonstrations of abilities aren't strictly required."

Though they are amusing to watch none the less. Legate personally finds it somewhat silly. But everyone seems intent on boasting about how amazing their skills are. It's a pretty universal thing.

29. - Top - End - #1259

The Legion Camp - Following LXXX

As Sammy follows Eighty and her handler, he keeps his distance, slips through crowds of people, darts behind and through tents when he can. Three years of wandering the wasteland with Allen had taught Sammy a very important and useful skill - how to avoid being noticed. The entire way there he manages to avoid being spotted, at least by his quarry.

Finally, they come to a stop. Sammy watches from behind a tent, crouched and silent. He braces himself lightly against the tent-pole to keep from moving. From his position across the trodden path, he watches as the soldier attaches all sorts of cables to her. Watches as the various machines mounted to her back whine open. His eyes grow wide as a barbed blade snaps out of the tip of her tail.

This is so weird. Why is she just standing there? He'd never seen any soldier or merc as disciplined or controlled as Eighty. Her submissiveness is almost alien to him. Concerned, curious, Sammy stands to get a better look. Leans forward, out of cover from the tent.

And almost in that moment, Eighty's eyes meet his.

Sammy freezes. His stomach ties itself into a tight knot and then decides to go see what's happening fifty feet underground. His first instinct is to turn and run. A rather healthy response normally, but not in this situation. He stands still, holding his breath, heart beating rapidly.

The soldier calls him over, making the boy jump. For another moment, he stands perfectly still. And then slowly, cautiously, sure he was in trouble, he walks over to Eight. Up close, he can see every detail of her weaponry, even if he doesn't understand how any of it works. "Um," he says. "Hi," he says. He isn't sure what to say, but somehow he knows he has to be very careful about it.

Legion - Firing Range

"Good," Allen nods, eager to get to the battle. "How 'bout that there city? Anythin' I should know 'bout it? You boys got any maps 'round here?"
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-04-04 at 03:03 PM.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

30. - Top - End - #1260

It's quite the sight through the spy glass.

Legion forces gathered thick around the city like ants around a dead mouse. Seething there in the distance. Probing. Looking for a way to break in and seize the delicate flesh. Though oddly enough...

They still haven't even gotten their artillery in place yet. One would think that would be the first thing to do if they were planning on pounding the city's barrier into submission.

And are those flying troop transports?

There's no way they could get past the anti-air defenses.

What could they possibly be up to?

[Legion Camp - LXXX's Diagnostic]

For the briefest moment LXXX is worried that she had gotten Sammy into trouble. She had been so glad to finally meet someone who was neither a solider nor an adult. It had been several weeks since she had seen anyone other than the other Wyverns and philosophers and quite frankly it was refreshing. Even if it brought up those memories...

Papa said to be diligent. To work hard. This isn't how she was expecting to bring honor to The Legion, but she still could! She would show how brave and capable she is in the coming battle.

And given the chance make sure this new friend stays safe.

As Sammy approaches LXXX tries her hardest to flash a friendly smile. Though she quickly realizes that looks terrifying and stops. She seems briefly sheepish as she answers. "Hello again, Sam Cassidy. I'm pleased to be able to speak to you. Could you... could you tell me about your father?"

Her handler isn't even paying attention to the conversation. Too busy fiddling with that note-pad and running LXXX's systems through simulated test-runs. Oh. And monitoring her neural activity. Specifically for those painful memories that caused her to malfunction earlier. Got to get that stuff repressed. Can't have the weapon bugging in the middle of combat after all.

The weapons pod mounted on her left shoulder is busy opening, closing, aiming at different places. Telescoping in and out. It's obviously a projectile weapon of some kind. And not a terribly friendly looking one. Might be a mini-gun of sorts judging from the multiple barrels.

At one point the weapon trains in Sammy's general direction. It takes LXXX only a moment to realize this and with a series of snaps the pod shutters closed. Which results in a raised eyebrow from her handler. "I'm sorry, Centurion. Please continue."

Open it pops again and the fiddling goes on!

[Legion Camp - Firing Range]

"Well, mostly we're just gunning for the Governor. But I would imagine there are plenty of other strategic locations we need to take along the way. Restore order to the city and all that," Brutus explains. "I think they've got one of those big tactical maps over in the recruiting tent. If there's some particular part of the city you would rather be deployed into, or a company you would want to be embedded with, I'm sure you could put in a request."

Spoiler
    Show
    Summery of doom!

The Legion has surrounded the city of Thessaloniki, which has declared its independence. Forces friendly to the city have been deployed to the walls while a small group suspects that Legion forces may be attempting to infiltrate the city through the thermal vents.

The Legion, meanwhile, is waiting for the barrier surrounding Thessaloniki to be disable so they can begin their attack in earnest.

Players involved!
    Earl of Purple - Narahar - Thess
    Loony - Mooncalled and co - Thess
    Loony - Allen and Sammy - Legion
    Shrimp - Leeh - Thess
    TS - RU1 - Thess
    TS - Oogy Boogy Man - Legion
    Horngeek - Rose - Thess
    Hipho - Flarg - Thess
    C'nor - Alteration squad - Thess
    Happy - Vita and Felis - Thess
    Wolfy - Slaani****es - Legion
    Noodle - Marciano - Legion
    Zefir - Zefir - Explosions
    TE - Triplets - Legion
    Murkus - Teq Vraal - Legion
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-04 at 04:09 PM.