New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

Dipple Hamlet

((Don't worry; it seems less clear about that when I reread the post))

"I am Dam'Bul, I work for Pazuzu's eventual triumph, and He is the Demon Lord of Air. And I tell you this for Pazuzu wants your last thoughts to be of Him." The man unsheathes his sabre and jumps upwards, landing on the ceiling where he crouches to make himself a smaller target and runs in that manner across the ceiling with his sabre pointed towards the metallic machine. He'll zigzag, to make himself even harder to hit as well.

Yes, running means that some of the time neither of his feet are touching the ceiling. Yes, he does still manage to run across the ceiling.

Meanwhile, the child is nearing the workers. Only, now he's a boy of the same age and has taken the rucksack off and put his t-shirt into it before putting it back on.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

[QUOTE=LadyOfWar;12634566]It shakes its head 'no' very difinitively. Then side-steps woozily because the head shaking made it more dizzy.

As long as you don't bite I might plot....Having an audiennce is certainly more interesting....Fale. frail...Fate? What was his name...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    As long as you don't bite I might plot....Having an audiennce is certainly more interesting....Fale. frail...Fate? What was his name...
    Well, it certainly doesn't seem to mind Thenidier plotting. In fact it sits right down by his feet an listens with an attentive look on its face.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Thenadier

Thenadier sits on his rock and pokes a broken compass. ....Grr......Dammit! Work....*sigh*.....Well. Now I'm lost, Marius is still free, and I can't remember that man's name.....All I have to do is find Marius, alone, and get the cuffs on him. Then I take him back to Cylar....yes. He won't escape. I will have him then. Poor thing that I can't just shoot him. But the law is the law....I will never stop...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Sitting by a rock with Thenadier]

The tiny thing listens quite attentively at first. Its big, soft eyes are fixed on Thenadier's face. Then, gradually, its eyelids start to close...
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock

However....I need bait....Marius. Hmm...That girl?! Shada....No. She'd kill me first...That psycho goblin...No...Would kill me....What else would he do for ransom?.....Wait.....Jean...no. I can't free him. I need a distraction. Perhaps a small wounded animal?.....

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Sentences... words... syllables... sounds... letters... soo.... sooooooooo..... sleepy.

The tiny thing's eyelids finally fall shut about the time Thenadier says 'I need a distraction'.

It isn't asleep yet. It yawns, showing off the bright red inside of its little mouth, and long rows of sharp teeth.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock

Small....wounded....animal....yes. Thenadier whispers and looks around his coat for a syringe. Which he finds. He then proceeds to wait for the little dragon to sleep by telling some nonsense story. He waits.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Wes manages not to smile at the comment about bugs.

"A staring contest sounds fun. It also reminds me of Bob. Mind if I tell a little story?" She says to Ashtrek.
    "Sure, Why not." The Wolfess murred.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

More words... sounds... letters... blegh.... it blinks again...

ooh...

beetle!

Spoiler
    Show

It puts its tiny nose to the ground and starts following the shiny thing around the bottom of the big rock Thenadier is sitting on. It is totally absorbed with watching this thing.

[Somewhere on a Path]

Wes smiles, and launches into her tale as they walk along.

“True story here.” She’s pretty firm about that. “My family had just moved to this new town and I wanted a job. So this guy named Bob Valentine that my dad knew… yes, Valentine, I couldn’t make this stuff up, … he offers me a job at his company answering phones. It was really decent of him, especially because I didn’t have much work experience. So I’m working away at this job for about three months and I start to feel like I’m going to go insane! if I have to sit inside for one more day and answer one more stinking phone call just to hear some customer complaining. See, Ashtrek, I’m a woman of action. I can’t live cooped up in a cubicle all day.”

She motions to her own appearance, and she certainly does not look like she’d do well under fluorescent lights for any length of time. Her tanned skin needs sun, her sturdy mud-covered boots need more dirt to tromp though and her cammo jacket needs a natural back-drop to blend in to.

“I started snapping at the customers.” She looks ashamed of that. “So Bob comes over to my desk one day and tells me he’s really sorry but I need to find another job. I was FURIOUS. I was doing my best, I just couldn’t handle dealing with one more whiny customer. So… long story short, I got another job, working for a landscaping place. I got to make deliveries to their work sites and work in the greenhouse, it was a great job. Bob even wrote me a letter of recommendation that helped me land it. So… getting fired for me was a sign I needed to find another line of work. I’ve never worked in a cubicle since.”

She finally shuts up.

Then adds… “Oh, as for the staring contest part, Bob later ended up working at my dad’s company and one year at the Christmas party we all were challenging each other to stupid contests. I beat Linda from accounting in the first round and then Bob beat me in the second round when Linda stuck a pair of those silly light-up antlers on Bob’s head in the middle of the competition and it made me laugh.”
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-01-31 at 05:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock

Thenadier aims and stabs the syringe filled with a sleeping elixer right at the dragons neck. The syringe point is diamond, and magically enhanced, made to go through any armor. Does the syringe hit and sleeping fluid fseep into it's bloodline?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    [Somewhere on a Path]

Wes smiles, and launches into her tale as they walk along.

“True story here.” She’s pretty firm about that. “My family had just moved to this new town and I wanted a job. So this guy named Bob Valentine that my dad knew… yes, Valentine, I couldn’t make this stuff up, … he offers me a job at his company answering phones. It was really decent of him, especially because I didn’t have much work experience. So I’m working away at this job for about three months and I start to feel like I’m going to go insane! if I have to sit inside for one more day and answer one more stinking phone call just to hear some customer complaining. See, Ashtrek, I’m a woman of action. I can’t live cooped up in a cubicle all day.”

She motions to her own appearance, and she certainly does not look like she’d do well under fluorescent lights for any length of time. Her tanned skin needs sun, her sturdy mud-covered boots need more dirt to tromp though and her cammo jacket needs a natural back-drop to blend in to.

“I started snapping at the customers.” She looks ashamed of that. “So Bob comes over to my desk one day and tells me he’s really sorry but I need to find another job. I was FURIOUS. I was doing my best, I just couldn’t handle dealing with one more whiny customer. So… long story short, I got another job, working for a landscaping place. I got to make deliveries to their work sites and work in the greenhouse, it was a great job. Bob even wrote me a letter of recommendation that helped me land it. So… getting fired for me was a sign I needed to find another line of work. I’ve never worked in a cubicle since.”

She finally shuts up.

Then adds… “Oh, as for the staring contest part, Bob later ended up working at my dad’s company and one year at the Christmas party we all were challenging each other to stupid contests. I beat Linda from accounting in the first round and then Bob beat me in the second round when Linda stuck a pair of those silly light-up antlers on Bob’s head in the middle of the competition and it made me laugh.”
    Ashtrek nods.

"I guess you can't go into a food Service Job after twenty years of shoving a katana into people's chests.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Somewhere on a path with Ashtrek]

"That doesn't mean you have to continue shoving a katana in people's chests, though. It just means you need a job suited to a more assertive and active lifestyle. You said you didn't like it when people would break the rules and fight and you couldn't kick them out forcibly, yes?"

[Sitting on a rock with Thenadier]

The neck is not the best spot to aim for... ((I probably should have put up this picture sooner))

Spoiler
    Show

... it is very thin and hard to hit.

The beetle makes a left, the dragon follows it with its little nose, and Thenadier misses on his first try.

The tiny thing turns its attention from the beetle to its attacker. It looks up at Thenadier with confusion. "Squ?" it inquires.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, rock.

Thenadier now aims to jump on it and launch the syringe at it's stomach. He is surprisingly strong.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Dipple Hamlet

((Don't worry; it seems less clear about that when I reread the post))

"I am Dam'Bul, I work for Pazuzu's eventual triumph, and He is the Demon Lord of Air. And I tell you this for Pazuzu wants your last thoughts to be of Him." The man unsheathes his sabre and jumps upwards, landing on the ceiling where he crouches to make himself a smaller target and runs in that manner across the ceiling with his sabre pointed towards the metallic machine. He'll zigzag, to make himself even harder to hit as well.

Yes, running means that some of the time neither of his feet are touching the ceiling. Yes, he does still manage to run across the ceiling.

Meanwhile, the child is nearing the workers. Only, now he's a boy of the same age and has taken the rucksack off and put his t-shirt into it before putting it back on.
    The Centurion preemptively positions itself so that its left arm will take the brunt of the damage (unless Dam'Bul does something to stop this, of course), and releases a spray of bullets with its submachine gun.

The Centurion is so busy with Dam'Bul, it hasn't noticed the sneaky little bugger changing shape.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Thenadier's rock]

The tiny critter is snatched up. It giggles like it thinks this is a game, and suddenly Thenadier will find that his hands are full of Jell-o.

It is sticky and oozes through his fingers.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Jell-o Dragon. Thenadier is disgusted and confused. He takes out an empty canister and tries to stuff the ooze inside. If that succeeds he will then put the canister into his bag of holding.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Dipple Hamlet

Dam'Bul does nothing to stop the Cylon moving its arm, but when he reaches the window he dives out, switching his personal gravity again so he doesn't wind up falling through the sky and instead lands with greater force than he should, hopefully on top of the Cylon. He can't use his sabre effectively like that, however, and will stand up to swing it at the Cylon's head.

If the Cylon dodges the possessed man's mad leap, however, he will execute a roll, stand up and turn around to swing at the Cylon's head. In both instances, he is stronger than he should be, slightly beyond what somebody of his build should be capable of naturally, but his supernatural strength isn't at 'pick up an APC' levels, however. He also moves faster than he should; an Olympic fencer would have difficulty blocking the blow in time. It is, however, only just superhuman.

Dam'Bul was hit, however; a bullet passed through his left arm, which is now held losely. The chainmail didn't stop the bullet on its journey in, nor out. As the building is made of sticks and mud (wattle and daub, like the rest of the houses), the remaining bullets won't find any resistance in the village, leaving only the brainwashed workers beyond as a possible resting place.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Outside, Jell-o Dragon. Thenadier is disgusted and confused. He takes out an empty canister and tries to stuff the ooze inside. If that succeeds he will then put the canister into his bag of holding.
    The little dragon weighed about seven pounds. This is seven pounds of jiggly, wiggly, oozy jellatin.... and just as Thenadier starts to scoop it into the jar... it goes liquid.

It runs through his fingers and forms a puddle on the ground.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock

Thenadier has absolutely no idea what to do and stares at the puddle.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipple Hamlet]

The Cylon is indeed toppled by the falling Dam'Bul, and collapses on the floor. Thinking quickly, it unsheathes its wrist-blade and attempts to stab Dam'Bul in the jut before the swing hits. If the Centurion misses, the swing will successfully slam into its face, denting its entire left "skull."

The fact that the humans might get hit doesn't really disturb the Centurion; the one reason its not congratulating Dam'Bul and his mistress and attacking them is more because they are using their powers to aid a demon lord, not because they are using their powers to harm humans.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Thenadier's Rock]

The puddle oozes a few feet away... and then turns into a tiny dragon again. It sticks its little forked tongue out at Thenadier, flapping the tongue up and down in the way lizards do.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock

Thenadier just stares. He has a face.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Random Flowery Field
    Banana Creme Pie immediately jumps into the flowers and begins rolling around in them, giggling all the while.
    She seems to be enjoying herself already...
    Colin laughs and begins unpacking everything, laying out the blanket and what not.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Outside, Rock

Thenadier just stares. He has a face.
    Thenadier's face makes the little thing laugh, "Squ, Squ, Squ, Squ!" and walk back over to him.

It wants to play again!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Rock.

This time Thenadier grabs the thing and tries to stuff it in his magic bag.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Dipple's Hamlet

The blade doesn't quite go through Dam'Bul's gut; the stabbing weapon is not what chainmail is designed to stop, and penetrates that, though is slowed down a lot and not as much damage is caused as the Cylon might like. It also has no effect; Dam'Bul's parasitic nature allows him to shunt all and any pain to the host, which has no control over their own body. Thus, Dam'Bul is not impeded in any way, though if he's not expecting pain it can still hamper him. His next swing is a side-slash, aimed at Cylon's upper torso.

One of the workers is hit by the bullets; a woman in her twenties. None of the true workers even notice or flinch. Nephrim, however, does, and despite being about five thousand years old recognises the effect of a sub-machine gun, and also knows that Dam'Bul can't stop it without help. So she pulls the t-shirt back on and resumes her normal form. There's no change to her height; Nephrim cannot emulate the form of any adult, nor any non-humanoid. Instead, Nephrim's hair grows until it just reaches her shoulders and fades to silvery-white, all the colour drains out of her eyes until they are featureless white orbs containing nothing but cruelty and she grows a pair of white-feathered wings, emerging from the holes in the t-shirt on her back. "Take up a spear, everyone, and follow me!" Nephrim is the only member of the Celestial Choir to Fall, and her favoured weapon is her voice; with it, she can magically influence the minds of anybody around her. The poor inhabitants of the squalid settlement that is Dibble Hamlet have been under her thumb for long enough that they are beginning to lose their personalities and the willpower to resist, so they don't. They all head towards the pile of spears and will follow Nephrim.

However, such a level of mind control is accompanied by a loss in imagination, efficiency, and mental agility. Therefore, they won't even be armed until next post, and Nephrim took most of another post to arrive.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Colin laughs and begins unpacking everything, laying out the blanket and what not.
    Field of Flowers
    Eventually, Banana Creme Pie(We shall refer to her as Banana Creme from now on) stops rolling around and just watchs Colin, her hair prettily framing her face.
    She gets a small smile.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Field of Flowers
    Eventually, Banana Creme Pie(We shall refer to her as Banana Creme from now on) stops rolling around and just watchs Colin, her hair prettily framing her face.
    She gets a small smile.
    Colin finishes soon, and if Banana Creme looks, she will notice just how elaborate of a set up he has made. Quite fancy for a picnic.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipple's Hamlet]

And so then another nasty gash was made in the Centurion's armor. The Centurion attempts to use its free hand (it dropped its submachine gun when it was pushed down) to choke Dam'Bul.

Realizing that it is running out of time, the Centurion will attempt to end this as quickly as it can (though assuming it can reach Dam'Bul's neck, he might not even be affected by it, being parasitic and all).