New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XX

Q349

The Feats Reinforced Wings (RotD p. 101) and Heavyweight Wings (RotD p. 100) imply that it is impossible to fly with medium/heavy armor. I can only find a general rule prohibiting flying while carrying a medium/heavy load. Is there a rule prohibiting flight in armor heavier than light armor?

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A349
    Depends, the SRD says this:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    A creature with a fly speed can move through the air at the indicated speed if carrying no more than a light load. (Note that medium armor does not necessarily constitute a medium load.)
    Spells that allow flying usually have less speed for heavier armour.

And mounts can't fly in Medium or heavy barding

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 349

The Normal section of Reinforced Wings is partly in error.
    Normal: Flying creatures can’t fly in medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
    mikau013 quoted the standard rule, which makes the red part above incorrect for creatures other than mounts. The Primary Sources Errata Rule resolves disputes like this with the primary source (the Player's Handbook) always being correct. Medium or heavy armor does not necessarily constitute a medium or heavy load, and if the creature's load is still light that armor does not impact flying.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Q350 Can a Paladin's mount that has taken Pierce Magical Concealment (CArc) use the epathatic link to give the paladin the benefit of the feat?

If so does the Paladin also get the penalty?

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 350 No.

There is no capability in Empathic Link to share or transfer a feat between Paladin and mount.

6. - Top - End - #606

Flumph

Q351

Do incorporeal creatures sleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 351

The Incorporeal subtype doesn't alter the basic type or racial requirements. If the creature's type or race states that they sleep, they still do.

8. - Top - End - #608

Q 352

Is there any ability, alternate class feature, feat etc. that allows a Druid, Ranger or any class with an Animal Companion to have the Animal Companion be a Construct, or apply a Construct Template to your Companion?
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Q 353

Can you enchant a weapon with the Spellblade enchantment from Player's Guide to Faerun more than once, for immunity to two or more different spells?

Q 354

Are ray spells a valid choice for a Spellblade?. The RAW say, "The selected spell must be one that is targeted against the wielder, not one that affects an area or creates an effect." I.e. is a ray "an effect," or is that considered for this purpose to be something that is targeted against the wielder?

Q 355

Are there any (or if the answer to Q354 is a "yes," any other) ways to be immune to a Ruby Ray of Reversal?

Q 356

Is there any passive defense or way to obtain immunity against a Mage's Disjunction, other than being in an antimagic field? By "passive," I am excluding active defenses such as counterspelling, interrupting the cast and/or celerity.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q357:

What is the Colt Python chambered in? Does having Mind Blank (or other Divination immunity) up stop an opponent with Foresight getting warnings about your actions?

Q358:

Do Thinaun and other instant post-mortem soul-trapping effects supersede the automatic revival in a Clone body?

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q359

I'm looking for wonderous items to help/boost charge attacks.
    Are there any? If yes could anyone provide the names of 2 or 3 basics please?

P.S. Unmounted.

Many thanks
    Last edited by Laharal; 2012-03-12 at 12:25 AM.
    Great avatar made by Tiffanie Lirle
    If you don't see me... you're already dead...
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    You Are A:
    Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 353 No.
    Spellblade: The wielder of a spellblade weapon is immune to a single spell chosen at the time the weapon is created. The selected spell must be one that is targeted against the wielder, not one that affects an area or creates an effect.
    A 354 No.

Ray spells are always Effects.
    Ray: Some effects are rays.
    A 355 Yes.

Despite the name, Ruby Ray of Reversal is not a ray spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Ray of Reversal
    Target: One natural or magical hazard; see text
    As a targeted spell, Ruby Ray of Reversal may be selected for a Spellblade weapon. This would prevent the weapon's wielder from being returned to their natural form.

A 357 Partly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mind Blank
    This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foresight
    This spell grants you a powerful sixth sense in relation to yourself or another. Once foresight is cast, you receive instantaneous warnings of impending danger or harm to the subject of the spell.
    While the mechanism it uses is not specified, Foresight is still a Divination spell which gathers information relevant to its target. Information specific to a creature under Mind Blank is not available. However, this protection does not extend to unattended objects, such as a released missile. So an enemy with Mind Blank making a ranged attack would not trigger a warning, but the missile itself would; effectively, the Mind Blank would not matter. A melee attack by someone with Mind Blank would not trigger a warning at all, though the subject of Foresight still cannot be caught flat-footed.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Q360

How would the spell Arrowsplit and a splitting Bow work? Would one or both of the arrows split? (Both are found in Champions of Ruin)
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q361

Does anyone know of any official rules for the value of diamonds? IE karats to gold pieces? The only reason I need to know is the True Creation spell. I know some spells require X value of diamond for their material component, but I can't find anywhere that says what the value translates to.
    BTW, I'm brand new here, so if I'm posting this question in the wrong place, can you guys tell me where I should try asking?

15. - Top - End - #615
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q357 Cont'd:

So would I be warned of a Touch spell cast by a being with Mind Blank that they're going to deliver with a touch attack if I have Foresight up?

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

Q362

What's the procedure for questions that got overlooked/not answered in this thread? Q332 for instance.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 357 Cont'd No.

A 360 Ask your DM.

The interaction of these two effects will depend on the order in which their splitting takes effect.
    Any missile fired from a splitting weapon, or an arrow or bolt enchanted with the splitting ability, breaks into two identical missiles before striking the intended target.
    If an arrow or bolt subject to the Arrowsplit spell splits before the splitting enhancement happens, neither of the resulting Arrowsplit projectiles is the missile fired from the splitting bow, so no splitting effect occurs. However, if the splitting effect happens first, both resulting missiles share the nonsplitting properties of the original, including the Arrowsplit spell. Since both effects describe their splitting as happening "in mid-flight", it's up to your individual DM which happens first.

A 361

You probably don't need this information. All D&D references to diamonds are in gp. The weight (in carats or any other unit) of nearly any amount of diamonds is so low as to be negligible. Thus the limiting factor of using True Creation to make diamonds is that it creates only a single item. Absent special expertise and equipment, you would not be able to do anything with a large diamond. Thus creating a diamond bigger than you can use or sell in one transaction would make it unusable.

A 362

You can always ask again.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 2012-03-12 at 02:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

A 332
    The weapons listed for each discipline matter only in very rare cases; some of the feats and a few Swordsage class features, mainly. Any such instance is specifically called out in the text.

19. - Top - End - #619

OldWizardGuy

Q363 Where can I find the Bead of Karma?

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    Q363 Where can I find the Bead of Karma?
    A363

Google is your friend. Originally from the DMG, they're also presented online in the SRD.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems...dofPrayerBeads

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 363

A Bead of Karma is one element of a Strand of Prayer Beads from the Dungeon Master's Guide

22. - Top - End - #622
    Pixie in the Playground

Q364: Can a shadow dancer escape a grapple using the shadow jump ability?

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 364 No.

There are a limited number of options a character can perform while grappling. Using a Supernatural class ability is not one of those. (Casting a spell is one allowed option.)

24. - Top - End - #624
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Q365

What are the item slots an animal has?

A druid in my party wants to know how many clasps will need if he WShaped into a bat.
    Last edited by Raendyn; 2012-03-12 at 05:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 365

The body slots will vary for different types of animals; see Rules Compendium on page 84. This has rules for which body slot modifications you apply to nonhumanoid creatures based on their physiological characteristic. Since that isn't Open Gaming Content, I can't give you the full details.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Pixie in the Playground

Q366

I heard that the Rules Compendium changed the casting time of a wand from a standard action to the casting time of the spell, but I can't seem to find where. Is this true, and if it is can someone point me to the page?

27. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

A366

Last paragraph of Spell trigger just before "Staffs and Wands" page 85

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q361 RE:
    So, I'm just gonna have to homebrew it? Reason I asked was True Creation as an SLA requires no Exp Component, combine with Craft: Gem cutting and Craft: Weapon smithing and you can arm the group with weapons and armor made of the strongest material (in our world anyway) known to man. Plus there's the epic factor of knocking someone's face off with a weapon more valuable than three of your average kingdoms!
    Which of course was the whole point of that chain of thought

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Reverend View Post
    Q 352

Is there any ability, alternate class feature, feat etc. that allows a Druid, Ranger or any class with an Animal Companion to have the Animal Companion be a Construct, or apply a Construct Template to your Companion?
    A 352

Nothing prevents a Ranger from taking craft Construct. An option that may work for you is an arcane dip (SotAO Ranger friendly even!) and then taking levels of Effigy Master. I'm currently working on this particular build myself.

If 3rd party is acceptable, try the Dragonmech or Iron Kingdoms books.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground

A 352 cont.
    The Urban Druid from Dragon Compendium can have Animated Objects or a Hammerer (Automaton from MMII) as an Animal Companion.

If your DM allows it, the Urban Companion ACF (Cityscape Web Enhancement) may allow a druid or ranger to net a construct familiar in conjunction with the Improved Familiar feat... That isn't exactly RAW though...

Awesome Avatar by TinyMushroom