Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 811
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default City Without Master (IC)

    City Without Master
    Mind Weave 0.4a Trial
    Welcome to the in character thread, I will be using red for my character's speech and Sienna for other characters. Ninja will be using Dark Orchid and guru has claimed one of the greens...
    Out of character thread
    Let's begin then.

    Volt and Ninja
    Spoiler
    Show
    Volt Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awake with your face flat on cold, moss covered cobblestone. You wonder how you arrived here, trying to remember what you had been doing the night before, as it is clearly dawn now and you out in the open. There is a slight moment of panic until you realize there are no foot steps on the cobbles around you. A few feet away from you, facing you, her eyes opening is a half elf with skin darker than you remember ever seeing in an elf. She appears as confused as you are.
    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you focus on your surroundings you can feel a sense of death, ancient death like you have only felt in catacombs, but different, there is a sense of violence and terror in it.
    Ninja Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awake lying flat on cold stones. The moss growing on them is very different from the lush forest that surrounded you only at the fall of night. Awaking across from you is another half-elf, eyes attentive. He wear's black garb and you perceive at least one dagger on his person.
    As you rise, unfamiliar surroundings bombard your senses. You stand in what seems to be a small courtyard, a well at its center. The courtyard is overgrown with moss which also covers small mounds of what may be rubble. Four broad roads, similarly adorned with greenery, leave the courtyard, two run off into the distance and appear to end miles off. One continues for miles before appearing to open on a glade or forest of some sort, and the fourth leads up a hill out of which rise many pinnacles and spires, going on for miles.
    Perception check: 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look up toward the hill you can see that one pinnacle towers above all of the others. Its peak, high above the city, is adorned with a pair of hands:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look closer at the hands you realize they are not made of stone or of the same shimmering material as the pinnacles, but rather of metal, hinged as if to move as living hands. Looking beyond the hands, you realize that the sky is an eerily clear blue without clouds and that the sun is too low yet to light the sky so uniformly.
    Perception check: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking again at the highest pinnacle, you are able to perceive small suspended walkways that extend from nearby pinnacles to the largest. This makes you wonder at how far you can see, no dust, mist, or smoke blotting out your vision with distance.


    Jaque and Guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jaque Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You open your eyes slowly to find your sense of touch has not fooled you. You have awakened lying on cold, moss covered stone. Standing above you is a stout looking dwarf in chain mail and a war helm. Hammers hang about his person and he looks down on you with concern.
    Guru Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You snap awake, first thinking that you had perhaps pushed yourself too hard in your evening exercises. Then you notice the soft moss between you and the evenly cobbled floor. It is a road, you decide, and not a dwarven one. Rising and looking about you see a portly half elf sprawled on the stones near you. He holds a staff in his hand and wears a robe and a buckler.
    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pouches about his person look for all the world like those of wizard, but upon looking closer you can see leather armor under his robes.
    Perception check: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon closer inspection you see a strange ring upon his finger, like one a noble might use as a seal.
    As you rise, unfamiliar surroundings bombard your senses. You stand in what seems to be a small courtyard, a well at its center. The courtyard is overgrown with moss which also covers small mounds of what may be rubble. Four broad roads, similarly adorned with greenery, leave the courtyard, one runs off into the distance and appears to end miles off. Two others continue for miles before appearing to open on glades or forests of some sort, and the fourth leads up a hill out of which rise many pinnacles and spires, going on for miles.
    Perception check: 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look up toward the hill you can see that one pinnacle towers above all of the others. Its peak, high above the city, is adorned with a pair of hands:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize that the raised finger is the finger of chaos and wonder what kind of city would have such an emblem over its center.
    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look closer at the hands you realize they are not made of stone or of the same shimmering material as the pinnacles, but rather of metal, hinged as if to move as living hands. Looking beyond the hands, you realize that the sky is an eerily clear blue without clouds and that the sun is too low yet to light the sky so uniformly.
    Perception check: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking again at the highest pinnacle, you are able to perceive small suspended walkways that extend from nearby pinnacles to the largest. This makes you wonder at how far you can see, no dust, mist, or smoke blotting out your vision with distance.


    Rydd and Self
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awake to a booted toe prodding you none to gently in the stomach. There is moss covered stone beneath you. The man standing over you is short and dressed in black leather. He prods you again and asks, Who are you? Where am I? Are you a representative of the Lady?
    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking more closely at him you can see a mean look in his eyes. His armor, appearing black, can be seen to be rather black with ash and soot, its original brown betrayed in some of the cracks. A dark red amulet hangs about his neck and a lumpy pouch hangs over one of his shoulders. There is a dagger in his hand.
    Perception check: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see in the amulet about his neck a shape of fire with the lithe image of a woman dancing at its center.
    As you rise, unfamiliar surroundings bombard your senses. You stand in what seems to be a small courtyard, a well at its center. The courtyard is overgrown with moss which also covers small mounds of what may be rubble. Four broad roads, similarly adorned with greenery, leave the courtyard, two run off into the distance and appear to end miles off. One continues for miles before appearing to open on a glade or forest of some sort, and the fourth leads up a hill out of which rise many pinnacles and spires, going on for miles.
    Perception check: 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look up toward the hill you can see that one pinnacle towers above all of the others. Its peak, high above the city, is adorned with a pair of hands:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception check: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look closer at the hands you realize they are not made of stone or of the same shimmering material as the pinnacles, but rather of metal, hinged as if to move as living hands. Looking beyond the hands, you realize that the sky is an eerily clear blue without clouds and that the sun is too low yet to light the sky so uniformly.
    Perception check: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking again at the highest pinnacle, you are able to perceive small suspended walkways that extend from nearby pinnacles to the largest. This makes you wonder at how far you can see, no dust, mist, or smoke blotting out your vision with distance.


    All:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make only one perception check for all of the above interaction. To do so, type [roll]3d6[/roll] without the bold.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-01-25 at 10:37 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Perception Check: (3d6)[9]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Perception Check: (3d6)[11]

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    perception check (3d6)[14]

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    DM Only(I believe):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[5]
    Last edited by Voltech; 2012-01-25 at 01:27 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Here we go. (3d6)[13]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    perception check (3d6)[11]

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stands up and looks at the four roads, then looks down at the half-elf on the road. Ho, friend. Are yah awake? For mah life ah can't remember yah name. Ah hope we did not have too much ale last night. Ah see a tower and a city down that road over there. Mayhap we can find out how we ended up in this current predicament.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    stands up and brush off any clinging moss and checks for all affects/instruments. the name is Jeth. how far away are we from Old Ermarfel? oh.. nevermind. lets figure out where we are. my best bet is that we head towards those strange metal hands. As for ale, that's to unrefined for my taste. and your name is?

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malandra remains still, waiting for the other half-elf to glance away. As soon as his eyes flicker to take in the new surroundings, she calls upon her animal form and transforms into a Bumblebee. She flies to land on the well in the center of the courtyard, watching to see what the black-garbed half-elf will do.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Volt
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you take in your surroundings and turn back toward the tanned half-elf you cannot find her. Despite your trained senses, you did not hear a footstep or even a breath of movement above the slight buzzing of insects.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Guru and Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you begin up the hill, the buildings around you grow steadily larger, and soon high pinnacles made of what looks like stained glass spear up out of the sprawling tiers of buildings. Roads lead off from yours every couple hundred feet, some of them seeming to run toward the base of the smaller pinnacles you have passed. Still the hill proceeds up toward the tallest tower, nestle among an ever more dense cluster of smaller spires.
    Arcane Knowledge Checks: Guru(1d100+32)[102], Jaque(1d100+36)[48]
    Arcane Knowledge: 110
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize on passing a closer spire that they are not, in fact, made of stained glass, but of Relium, a highly rare material with unsurpassed hardness that is highly workable. You cannot begin to calculate how much these spires must have cost to build.

    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    You here a voice speaking as if to your mind, Al’Arwenyon, welcome, so you are with the dwarf, very good. Befriend him, win his trust, then leave him to me to guide. He has his own purpose.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    I said who are you. Are you mute? Deaf? How have you brought me here? He turns away from you a moment to look up toward the center pinnacle, looking back thoughtfully. Chaos indeed. What is this place? He looks back at you for a moment, then mutters Well if you are to be of no help... I must seek guidance. With that he begins to trot off down the road leading to the greenery, sliding the dagger into the belt of his armor.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-01-26 at 01:31 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mah name is Noland. Ah noticed those hands also. Something weird seems to be going on, and ah believe the best way tah figure out what is causing it lies in that direction. If ah may ask, what is a battle-mage like yourself doing on this road?
    Last edited by Origami Guru; 2012-01-26 at 02:19 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Volt
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look about in wonder, a voice speaks, seemingly within your head, saying Voltech, welcome, you will be my knife in the dark, you will be the physical manifestation of my displeasure. What is it you desire, young man? What do you seek that I can give?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to take a minute and look around, you can take an automatic 10 on a perception roll at any time by focusing for a minute on your surroundings. By doing this you can go back and check any that have a perception minimum of 10 or less as none of the information was fleeting.


    Ninja
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shady elf looks about a moment obviously startled by your disappearance. From where you stand on the well you can feel a draft of air coming up from below. It feels dry. Your bee senses further reveal to you the pollen of a number of rare and exotic flowers not far off, their spores are everywhere. You have never experienced most of these plants in the same place.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-01-26 at 09:52 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rorrik
    Spoiler
    Show
    The half-elf sits up groggily and stares after the man jogging away from her. She shakes her head and tries to make her vision focus properly. Blast it, she can't even tell if his ears are pointed--is he a human?
    She almost considers calling after him. Decides not to. Rethinks it.
    Hey, wait. Who are you?
    Last edited by Rydd Rider; 2012-01-26 at 10:31 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    He continues to jog, yelling a response to your question that is only half heard over the buzz of insects and the echo off the surrounding buildings, I'm Vlaren, c___c __ the __dy You remember a you hear his voice again that he was indeed a human, and your ability to read people had suggested he was a highly chaotic one, though as to good or evil you could not tell.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rorrik/DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vlaren, huh? she mutters, distaste tickling her tone at the realization that this murderous-looking idiot was human. Iyanne stands up and looks around vaguely; she sees not much of interest, as the courtyard and the roads surrounding are largely empty, with the notable exception of this Vlaren fellow.
    What was that he'd been saying, almost before she was conscious enough to hear? Something about a lady... A representative. Maybe? Iyanne isn't quite sure, but the sudden tease of information inflames her blasted curiosity. Plus the mystery of how on earth she'd arrived here. Almost instinctively, she reaches up and feels the scarf hiding her ears. Good.
    Which reminded her--where was Evans? Panic rises within her, but she obviously wasn't anywhere near him, if she couldn't even recognize the place.
    She takes a step towards the human, hated herself for it; then she comes to terms with the fact that there really is no other option. She'll just have to keep one hand on her knife.
    Hey, wait! she calls, and runs after Vlaren the human.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are able to catch after a few hundred yards of hard running. He's fast, nearly as fast as you despite you lack of encumberment, and as you reach his side you can see his is very gaunt man for a human, thin as a twig. He does not seem to notice you catching him and continues at his wild pace. After a little over a mile you begin to tire, but he shows no sign of slowing, eyes still fixed on the greenery still perhaps a half mile off.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland, i am a stranger to these parts so it is good to have a friend. Those magicians hands may bode ill for us or encounters with the city's people as it sighns chaos to us. What do you think of these strange surroundings? It appears to be underground, being a Dwarf i would guess you might have been raised in such a place.

    master weaver
    Spoiler
    Show
    concentrating on communicating to the voice through thought or magic. seems to be a sound plan. What accomplice of mine would know of my al'arwenyon line? and might he have any thoughts of this city? i attempt to discern if i would recognize this person if i ever meet or heard them speak, because i have heard them in my mind.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rorrik
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where are you going? Iyanne asks. She's fairly confused at this strange behavior. What's so important? Where are we? Even though it's getting hard, she continues running after him.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    He does not respond to your questions, you continue to tire and it requires a fair deal of will to go on. (Make a 1d100 will check)
    Roll over 38
    Spoiler
    Show
    You maintain the grueling pace until the road breaks out onto a vast field with green grass and powerful trees that grow up above you. The trees are evenly spaced and seem as if they were planted there on purpose.

    Roll 38 or under
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stop to rest, hands on your knees, panting as he continues on toward the greenery.



    Jaque and Guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can now see the crest of the hill as you walk, or what appears to be the crest of a hill, as you can see tree branches stretching beyond the line of it. The pinnacles grow more and more dense around you and the one which you approach, the one bearing the great hands, continues to grow large, though it is yet over half a mile to the top of the hill. It appears that it is even beyond the top, and if so its base could stand more that a quarter mile across.
    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    The voice sounded human enough, natural and recognizable like any human voice. As you continue to climb the hill there is no response to your inquiry.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    will roll (1d100)[73]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprised by the unknown voice, Voltech assumed his senses had failed him, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and checked his surroundings once more.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah was raised underground, but these roads are very clearly not dwarven handiwork. Those forests should not exist here, so ah believe it is the light that allows them to survive.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Provo, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vlaren does not slow until he reaches the sprawling roots at the base of the first, enormous tree. Ki Jai! he cries upon reaching it, waving his hands about for a few seconds before a gout of roiling flame issues forth from the air in front of him.
    Private
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[13]

    As the flames begin to catch on the leaves and smaller branches, he repeats the wild spell, throwing a second gout into the higher branches.
    Private
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[14]

    The tree is burning nicely when he gives a nod of approval, pulls a set of panpipes from his armor, and plays a short flurry of notes. With the notes, he seems to enter a trance and sets himself to dancing, whirling about the tree in a wild, focused canter.


    Voltech
    Spoiler
    Show
    In addition to the scenes that are unfolded to you(see the first post with a perception check of 10), you feel further that the feeling of death that tickles your senses has focuses in the strange, moss cover mounds. This seems to be an evil place, a tomb not meant to be a tomb, and the warm air wafting up out of the well seems out of place to you. The voice, however, and the hands seems to be connected. You feel like they are one and the same, somehow.
    If you investigate on of the mounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find an ancient corpse, its skeleton still well intact but moss covered.



    Ninja
    Spoiler
    Show
    The half-elf's eyes wander over the scenery, seeming to linger on the hands and the mos covered mounds littering the courtyard. His gaze passes curiously over the well where you stand, but he lloks away momentarily.


    Guru and Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    The slope of the hill you are climbing begins to lessen slightly, a relief to Jeth, who was beginning to breath heavily. Less taxed by the climb, you find you can look about and take your bearings. (Make a new perception roll, or stop walking and look around to take 10)
    Perception: 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking down across the almost perfectly round hill and through scattered spires off to your left, you can see a great fire blazing on the edge of what seems to be a large grove. Also, to the right there is another large grove. Beyond the groves you can see what appears to be a descent into fog covered lands.
    Perception: 13
    Spoiler
    Show
    Down behind you the wall leaving the courtyard where you awoke is seen to lead to a high wall, lined with towers, the other two roads lead off to the groves and look to turn and run along the edge of them. Looking again at that grove off to the left you realize that no smoke is yet rising from the fire, it is newly started.
    Perception: 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice figures down near the fire, on of them dancing as the other looks on.
    Jeth only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking back toward the road, your eyes are caught by an insignia on one of the buildings. It is a city perhaps, but the rough representation of the city seems familiar
    Arcane Knowledge Check(1d100+76)[99]
    Arcane Knowledge: 95
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the insignia, it is the crest of the Ermarfel empire, the same as adorns your ring! A city with a candle for its central keep.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Perception Check(3d6)[10]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    This hill is almost perfectly round. There is no way it can be natural. There also is a bonfire to the left by a grove of trees. After we find this tower with the hands we should check it out.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    perception check (3d6)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

    perception check [3d6]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •