Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

MW Jaque Defenstr8r
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will have us unchained in no time I get off of the boat, and go to where the chains are connected to the dock. I say the words bi gruo and touch one of the links on each chain with the middle finger of my right hand. After the links have been weakened, I strike them with my hammer.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Guru,Jaque,Defenstr8r
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Noland strikes the chain mooring, rusted instantly by his spell, the bolts shatter and the chains come loose from it, allowing the front of the ship to drift away from the dock. Bolstered by his success, Noland proceeds to repeat the process on the other two sets of chains, freeing the ship completely as the three long chains lie limb on the deck.

Ninja,Rydd,Voltech
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the group nears the top of the tower having climbed some 25 flights of stairs, they here a skittering noise from around the corner of a corridor, Voltech readies his daggers and tenses as the sound approaches, putting himself in the front. Vlaren crouches, taking out flint and tinder to light two torches as the sound nears. The tapping, far higher pitched than their own steps, sharper, becomes loud as a spindly shadow is seen around the corner.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rydd/Voltech/DM

Spoiler
    Show
    Malandra pulls her treated dart out from her pouch, positioning herself behind Voltech for a clear shot at the spider once it gets closer and planning to leap backwards and ready her bow after she throws.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

MW/Ninja/Volt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iyanne readies her daggers, dropping into a ready stance to face whatever this might be.

5. - Top - End - #305

AssassinGuy

Voltech/Ninja/Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly a massive spider rounds the corner, rushing toward the party where they stand in the corridor. As it comes on both Voltech and Malandra react instantly, Voltech throwing two daggers and Malandra throwing a dart. The dart and one of the daggers strike home and stay embedded in the spider's carapace. As Malandra quickly draws out her bow and Voltech reaches for another pair of daggers, Vlaren brandishes his lit torches before the advancing spider.
    Turn order
    Iyanne
    Vlaren
    Spider
    Voltech
    Malandra
    Iyanne

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

MW/Ninja/Volt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iyanne lunges forward and slashes at the spider with both of her knives.
    Attack: (3d6)[18]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Attack: (3d6)[9]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

7. - Top - End - #307

AssassinGuy

Ninja/Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Iyanne rushes forward, her first, right-handed dagger blow stabs deep into the eye of the spider, though her left slash misses as it reels back. Following her, Vlaren strikes out with his lit torches, landing one blow on the spider's body.

Enraged as blood spouts from its punctured eye, the spider rears up and stabs at Iyanne with a rear stinger. Despite the speed of the sting, Iyanne is faster and quickly side steps the stab. Stepping into the space left vacant by Iyanne, Voltech attacks with two daggers as well. Set upon by the vicious attacks, the spider retreats evading the stabbing daggers.
    Turn order
    Malandra
    Iyanne
    Vlaren
    Spider
    Voltech

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Volt/Rydd/DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malandra takes careful aim and fires an arrow at the spider.
    (3d6+5)[12]
    (1d8)[7]

9. - Top - End - #309

AssassinGuy

Ninja/Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malandra's arrow flies true, striking the spider squarely in its chest.
    Turn Order
    Iyanne
    Vlaren
    Spider
    Voltech

10. - Top - End - #310

HalflingRogueGirl

Guru Jaque MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    I scramble down from the mast to have a look around.

How are we going to move these corpses? I don't want to travel with them. We're going to have to gather some supplies. We need food for the journey. The ship's galley may still be functional.

I cautiously head below looking for maps or compasses or anything that might help us figure out how to fly this thing or to figure out where we are going. I head back to what looks like the captain's quarters and begin rummaging through the room. I find an instrument made from an animal horn with the same number of carved holes as the ocarina (flute-like instrument that fits in the palm of your hand) that I carry in my pack. I slide the horn into my backpack to play with when I'm on lookout post duty on the mast.
    Last edited by defenstr8r; 2012-04-01 at 02:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311

AssassinGuy

defenstr8r
    Spoiler
    Show
    Below decks, Larcswin encounters a few more small corpses. The moss below decks is somewhat less and the corpses are less hidden. She also sees a large gathering of barrels, netted down in the center of the ship between the masts. Reaching what she believed to be the captain's quarters at the prow of the ship, she finds two small windows to the outside and a large bed, rifling though the mostly empty drawers in the quarters, she comes upon the small horn ocarina. Being somewhat familiar with it's play, she plays a few choice notes, stopping when she hears a scratching beneath her feet, in the crew quarters in the belly of the ship.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-04-01 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Content error

12. - Top - End - #312

RedWizardGuy

guru MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland, can you raise the starboard side anchor to get us a little lift? Walking over to the tiller i quickly swish it left and then right after Noland clears us of the dock. heading towards the spires in the center of the hill. flying the ship low enough to try to see individual buildings. We are headed to the Harmeni in attempt to unify this island, but first i would like to visit an old relative of mine.

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    heading to Mordens house to stop by

13. - Top - End - #313

AssassinGuy

guru/jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Approaching the anchors, Noland finds that the starboard anchor is already raised nearly as far as it can be and that his turning of it raises the ship only a few feet. Studying it a little more, he realizes that he can also gain altitude by lowering the port anchor and lowers it a few turns, perhaps 10 feet, raising the ship to about level with the hill as it begins to gain speed and turn toward the center of the city,moving at a drifting, slower than walking speed.

defenstr8r
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larcswin hears voice above on the deck and then the ship lurches upward under her feet, moving slowly up and forward.

14. - Top - End - #314

PaladinGuy

MW Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    After raising the ship's altitude, I walk up to Jeth and ask him Who is this relative of yours? You seem to know much about the history of this city. You don't happen to be the descendant of some long-lost noble or something?

15. - Top - End - #315

RedWizardGuy

MW, guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    i jerk the tiller again to try to get some decent speed from the ship. I am Jethrobe Al'Arwenyon. you are correct in assuming my nobility. We are in a city of Ancient Ermerfel, that used to be most powerful and prosperous nation in the world. Now it is no more than ruble and crippled cities. I did not know this had survived, but if the Entire nation would have than i would be King. Berkoth Al'Arwenyon united the seven realms generations ago but it was foolishly squandered to destruction by another of the Al'Arwenyon line. We go now to visit the house of that terrible ansester of mine.

16. - Top - End - #316

AssassinGuy

guru/jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon jerking the tiller again the ship picks up somewhat more speed, now going a little over a walking pace. Having brought the ship about as it ascended, Jeth begins to guide it toward the hill, flying over the central road leading toward the spires that still stand higher than them on the hill's top. Upon seeing the hands, they recognized they have once again changed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The recognized the newly raised fingers as chaos and light.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-04-03 at 09:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    My first post! While among the Harmani, I look for a barrax or type of training ground to practice/work out. Also, I try to talk to the military or soldier people and see when and if their is a chance to join a group on any retaliation or battle missions with the Dulug. Also, I just see if their are any fruit gathering expeditions to go on, just to get a breath of fresh air and practice climbing trees with my whip. I assume dad follows me around until he gets his character all set up.

18. - Top - End - #318

AssassinGuy

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living among the Harmani, Glyyth is aware that their leader, Lemmas, is increasingly concerned with the Dulug attacks. There are rumors that he has considered retaliating against them in the past, but that he has said that the voice of the city and not the voice of Viltre, is the voice that urges him and the other leaders-mostly clerics-in his council to attack. Not finding any wrestling opponents in the underground training ground, Glyyth moves to the surface and climbs a tree, gathering fruit to sell.
    Looking off in the distance as he picks, Glyyth notices a large speck, barely visible over the far side of the city , though clearly elevated above the hill at the center of the city. As he watches, it appears to be moving very slowly toward the spires gathered at the center of the dead city.

19. - Top - End - #319

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    I decide we are going to investigate the spec. I go try and sell the fruit fast, pack up my little belongings if I don't already have them on me, pack food of course, and set out, with the farmer/fighter, twords the spec and center of the city. I also try to memorize where the spec is and where it apears it is heading, so I can recall where it is even if the spec disappears

20. - Top - End - #320

AssassinGuy

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Glyyth packs, he worries how he will be able to traverse the city, seeing as he and the fighter had retreated to the groves to avoid the incorporeal enemies they had met in the city streets. He knows very little of the city's layout and has never been further in the direction of the spec than the base of the hill. His fighter friend, pointing all of this out, refuses to go searching for such an inconsequential thing, insisting it was merely a bird. Glyyth is about to set out on his won anyway when the cry goes up among the Harmani of a Dulug group approaching through the tunnels.

21. - Top - End - #321

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Haha. I realize the folly of my bird chasing, and ask around, seeing where the best place would be to head of the attack, or if there is a military group I could go with (with the farmer/fighter) to defend from the Dulug. My unwise and young character is excited for battle.

22. - Top - End - #322

AssassinGuy

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Glyyth looks about in the bustle of the tribe's preparation, he sees the group that is being deployed to combat them move through the main courtyard. As is the Harmani tactic in these situations, the Dulug group is being funneled and lured to a point where they can meet them. Glyyth sees that Lemmas himself leads the group today, with him are many clerics of his order, all of them praying as they calmly walk toward the planned point of confrontation. A band of about a dozen warriors also walks with the clerics and Glyyth thinks he sees a magician among them.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-04-04 at 06:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

RedWizardGuy

MW guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Larcswin still bellow deck? what do you make of her? i continue seeing if i can get the ship to go a little faster and search for the house that would be Morden's.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

MW/Ninja/Volt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iyanne again lunges forward to attack with both her daggers.
    Attack: (3d6)[11]
    Defense: (1d6)[5]
    Attack: (3d6)[11]
    Defense: (1d6)[3]

25. - Top - End - #325

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glyyth and dad follow the company and try to join them

26. - Top - End - #326

AssassinGuy

Jaque/Guru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swishing the tiller a few more times Jeth is able to move the ship to a running speed and beyond and soon they can see the hill climbing up to meet them. As they reach the top of the hill and fly over the parks, hearing the anchor brush trees below, Jeth can see off the port bow a large estate, far larger than the adjacent properties. It must be Morden's mansion.

Ninja/Rydd
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Rydd's dagger blow sinks into the spider's exoskeleton at the base of the head, the spider shudders and falls before her other blows land.
    Well done Vlaren says, I wonder why this beast was here.
    That should be clear Voltech responds Whenever a place is abandoned for any amount of time, pests and vermin will inevitably fill the space. To be so large this place must have been empty for some time. But we already knew that.
    Malandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malandra scoffs inwardly, knowing that no spider could grow so large simply by being left alone. Seeing the corpses of birds laying in the corridor, she is confident they are near the exit of the spire and the spider's web.

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good to have you with us, Lemmas mutters when he sees Glyyth joining their troop. The order and I will be able to drive away a number of them, but there are a great many coming, I hope you will be able to defeat and drive back some of those who get through.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-04-05 at 10:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    I ask him where he wants me deployed, and I await the battle, looking for some spot to perhaps hide and try and ambush them.

28. - Top - End - #328

AssassinGuy

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The group is large and led by Hruthk himself, we're allowing them to chase the harriers straight down the main passage so they don't feel guided and try to break into a different path. As a result we will be meeting them in the side thoroughfare, if you can position yourself with the warriors in front of us and use your strength to defeat those we do not hold and your whip to punish those we do. Soon the group has arrived at the 40 foot wide main tunnel. In the distance small lights can be seen running nearer, larger, wilder lights further down behind them. Glyyth is aware that the smaller lights are their people, archers meant to anger the Dulug and draw them into Lemmas' defense. He knows of several passages that run parallel and connect to the wider passage, but these have been manned, trapped, or magicked to discourage enemies taking them.

29. - Top - End - #329

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glyyth moves himself into position, the excitment and nervousness of battle washing over his system all at once. Here goes nothing He mutters. He puts on his brass nuckles, nervously clenching and unclenching his fists, and waits: ready to tackle the poor Dulug who comes to him first.

30. - Top - End - #330

AssassinGuy

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the two Harmani archers run to take positions behind the ranks one of them reports They're quite angry, Master Lemmas.
    Lemmas replies you've done good work, we'll try to passify them now, shoot only to the edges. Brethren, focus on on the wilder of them, and don't look above your station.
    As the Dulug come charging on, Lemmas and the other ten clerics make calls to their god, each of them successfully holding a wild Dulug, including their massive leader. Even so, more than a dozen men unarmed or armed with clubs rush around the edges, two of them taking arrows as the line of fighters prepares itself.
    Your turn.