New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Interview Room

The scorpion first waits a bit not really knowing what he means, in both parts. After some second of silence he assumes whatever he wanted to start is started now.

"I Tovpir am Willing to join Remnant."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Rec Center]

"No, I don't. I couldn't identify myself as with the Saracens, I had to look freelance. That way, if I was captured, I would just be killed instead of tortured for information." More lying ensues, but it's still well-practiced. Iamar must have been telling this story for a long time.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Surgical Bay

The egg would have been put under a lot of medical and other scientific scans of course. Magic would have been left out due to them not wanting to cause a reaction of course, but a cleric and mage would have at least looked it over. Most of the scans would have been to try and tell the power, design and purpose of the egg.
    For the most part, the egg is simply an egg.
    A vessel to protect and nurture the young creature within.
    That is the purpose.

Outward design follows much the same appearance: merely an egg.
    There are differences that imply it to be less-than-natural, however, such as the deviations from typical egg-structure. These most consist of what appear to be aberrant organs, cramped into the shell along with the embryo, which seem to control growth and nutrition on a very specific level.

Power-wise...for the moment it doesn't appear to have any power of its own.
    The baby itself is extremely magical, but not to a degree that seems to influence the outside world at the moment. It seems an inherent magic that seems to serve as a foundation for the child almost as much as its flesh and blood.

Not a typical egg or child.
    Not particularly natural.
    But now that it is removed from Feia, it is also no longer very dangerous.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Edijar's Place

"I already have the best coffee maker money can't buy,"
    Charity says, giving Edijar a squeeze. "If this is what makes you happy, then I'll be very glad to have you out of harm's way."

Rec Center

Jefferies belches happily at the end of her meal.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

The newcomer will be met by a pair of guards at the closed gate. "Is there anything we can help you with?" The woman of the pair asks. While they're the only two at the gate itself, other guards are in watchtowers behind the walls, and others are on the walls themselves.

"I'm here to see someone named Eileen,"
    Fear replies, seeming somewhat less nervous now, since she hasn't been arrested yet, thus implying that the agreement she and her companions came to with the ICM and Eileen has been held to. "For personal reasons involving a mutual friend, if she asks."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

"You will have to wait a while, as she is currently busy, but she'll be out here soon enough."

Interview Room

(The rest can be handwaved if you wish. You can go ahead and have him begin to interact with other Remnants if you want. You can also assume he gets trained and whatnot. Have fun.)

Rec Center

"Makes sense, but weren't you trained to resist torture techniques? It sounds like your army would have simply gotten rid of you at the end of things. After all, if you didn't look like them..."
    Anna states, giving a dismissive gesture as she takes a drink from her beer.

Jyarl looks down at the little orc girl with a smile. "Ready to get you some clothing then? I promise it'll be something tough enough for you."

Edijar's Place

"It'll be hard to adjust to."
    Edijar admits. "But I believe it's what will make us both happier." He tells her with a warm smile.

Surgery Bay

"How do you feel?"
    Bugs asks, not looking up from his paperwork. "We've had to give you extensive internal reconstruction, so any discomfort you feel should be announced."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-04-30 at 01:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

Jefferies finishes licking her plate and fingers clean before answering. "But you getted me clothes already," Jefferies says, looking down at the oversized t-shirt that is acting as a dress for her. It doesn't even have that many food stains on it yet!

Edijar's Place

Charity does something she hasn't had much time for lately - she pulls out her sketchpad and curls up next to Edijar while she draws.

Infirmary

Sunny arrives for a regular check-up. Carl would usually be with her, but he's on duty right now. And so far, everything's been going well with the pregnancy. She doesn't look as far along as she really is, due to the baby being part halfling, but it won't be much longer.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

"I know, but you can't wear just that all day and every day."
    Jyarl points out even though he knows the orc likely won't understand.

Infirmary

The medic can't help but smile warmly at Sunny and offers her a hug as soon as she arrives. "It's great to see you, Sunny. How are you and Popcorn doing?" He asks as he starts getting everything ready.

Firing Range

Breathe slow and let the trigger rest in your hands...
    The sniper-in-training told herself as she looked through her sight. The crosshairs of her scope wavered just the tiniest bit from the grain of rice that had been stood up for her 300 yards away. Not only that, but behind the grain were paint-filled water balloons that she had to make sure her round didn't hit. "Take your time, Elizabeth." Carol, her instructor told her. "The timed exam isn't until next week, so you have all the time in the world."

Elizabeth, a young halfling who'd just finished her basic training, closes her eyes to calm herself once more before looking through the scope, a mantra coming to mind. It was upon the wall that She and her Creations shielded us from the Hellfire of the horde beset to destroy our world. Her guiding hand and strength of will sprang up to protect us from the fiery blast...

As the words turn over in her mind, she pulls the trigger on her recoiless rifle. The halfling can't help but thank Saint Evans as the grain of rice vanishes and none of the balloons pop.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

"Why?"

Infirmary

"We're going to name him Luke," Sunny tells Bugs happily, as she hugs him back. "Everything is ready in the nursery and I built some new hover drones to watch over him."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #460

Interview Room -> Halls

Training and other things got handwaved them, I just would like to know what they want to set on his back.

For other things people can see a giant stone scorpion walking around the base. It is obviouse that he makes something simular to sight seeing. Some may think he is lost, but thats allways up to the others.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

"It's just how we do things."
    Jyarl tells Jefferies. "We try to remain at least somewhat clean when out of battle since it keeps us healthy and strong. To do that, we can't wear the same thing every day."

Infirmary

"That's wonderful. A great name too."
    Bugs tells Sunny right before going through the procedure. After this many times, it won't take too long and provided he doesn't find anything odd, he'll give her the results right away. Sunny might notice that he looks even more worn out than usual and has lost some weight and color. Even so, he can't help but feel happy and smile around her.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

"Um, okay?" Jefferies doesn't really understand, since she's pretty clean by her standards. Sure, there's still some soot from the fire in the creases of her skin, and she's still licking steak juices off her fingers, but that's nothing!

She'll follow Jyarl wherever he leads though!

Infirmary

It takes her a little while to notice, as reading people isn't her best skill. But Bugs is someone she cares about. More relevantly, he's someone she's seen regularly every few weeks, in the same setting, which gives her a point of comparison.

"Bugs, you look sick," Sunny says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

Jyarl will offer the orc his hand before guiding her towards the Gate and Mallside. It was time to go shopping. =D

Infirmary

Bugs' smile turns a bit sad when he looks at her again. "I...I am, Sunny. Very badly." He tells her as he takes her hand and gives it a squeeze. He wishes he could tell her that he'd be around forever, but he couldn't lie to her. Not to Sunny. "Chances are that I don't have many months left."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"Left for what?"
    Sunny asks. She feels a sick sense of dread, but she isn't good enough with language to be sure of the meaning of his words. Or perhaps she is only grasping at the slightest bit of doubt to aid in denial.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

"Sunny..."
    Bugs begins before sitting next to her and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I'm rather old and the cancer I have has advanced quite a bit. I know I could get it cured, but...I...I think it's just a sign that my time has come."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"You don't want to live?" Sunny asks, her voice quivering as her eyes fill with tears. "But why? Don't you want to watch Luke grow up?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

"You will have to wait a while, as she is currently busy, but she'll be out here soon enough."
    Fear nods, and smiles, turning to head to a nearby park, where she can sit in the shade and watch the gate for Eileen's arrival.

18. - Top - End - #468

[Training ground]

A giant scorpion made of stone can be found here. Actually he is training to get along with the technologies given to him.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Surgery Bay

"How do you feel?"
    Bugs asks, not looking up from his paperwork. "We've had to give you extensive internal reconstruction, so any discomfort you feel should be announced."
    Well that's kind of an awkward request of someone in post-surgery.
    "...other than the all-of-it?"

But, Feia knows what Bugs means, even if she couldn't resist poking at it.
    Sure, she should probably rest instead of poking fun, but laughter heals the soul or something.
    Even if no one anywhere laughs.
    "But I'll trust you did okay."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Fear nods, and smiles, turning to head to a nearby park, where she can sit in the shade and watch the gate for Eileen's arrival.
    Plotcloning happens!
    And, a short time later, Eileen emerges, heading in Fear's direction.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Plotcloning happens!
    And, a short time later, Eileen emerges, heading in Fear's direction.
    Fear smiles, waving to her friend, though the young Tiefling's usual good humor seems frayed, as though she's worried about something. Though admittedly, the Remnant was probably capable of figuring that out from Fear making the request at all.

22. - Top - End - #472

[Rec Center]

"That is likely, yes. It matters little now, however. I'm not in my homeland anymore," Iamar says, with a small amount of mourning in her voice. Much as she was able to mask it, she missed Masyaf, missed her friends.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

[Another Meeting Room.]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    ((I'll send Harnell another poke for this. So far he hasn't been responding...))

Eileen will find the papers are all in order and fixed with official seals.

The first establishes Reclaimer's identity as an agent of the Celestial Council whose official duty is to find and bring to justice traitors to the Council and Celestial Society, murderers, and others found guilty by the Celestial Court of crimes deserving, "The Reclamation of The Perpetrator's Wings to the Council," whatever that means.

The next pages are an official warrant for the arrest of one Winguardia, formerly titled Harbinger. The warrant describes her crimes in detail starting with high treason, then multiple counts of murder and assorted lesser crimes against both Celestial Society and "The Human World". A detailed description of Winguardia follows including reference to three other sets of papers. It bears the signatures of the judges that presided at the trial and the Council's High Chancellor.

The following three sets of papers are those referenced in the warrant. One includes finger and palm prints of the winged woman known as Winguardia and another has her photo. The next pages include copies of warrants issued for the arrest of a winged woman by various human governments.

The remainder of the file includes a warrant for one other Celestial, that is of little interest as there is no evidence that this individual is in the Nexus, and notes on the one known as Winguardia. Only one line among those notes stands out particularly. It is underlined and circled repeatedly. "The Celestial known as Harbinger has skills equivalent to a first-echelon blademaster," the page reads.

While Eileen looks at all this, Reclaimer sits silently in a chair across from her.
    "Well, these papers do seem to be in order as far as they go, of course not being familiar with the issuing authority and all that I have nothing to go by in establishing authenticity beyond your word," Eileen says, giving the Reclaimer a neutral, if rather chilly look. "I am rather curious, though, as to what "The Reclamation of The Perpetrator's Wings to the Council" means."

[Waiting Room?]

Fear smiles, waving to her friend, though the young Tiefling's usual good humor seems frayed, as though she's worried about something. Though admittedly, the Remnant was probably capable of figuring that out from Fear making the request at all.
    Eileen gives her friend a smile and wave in reeturn, and she steps over quickly, looking (for the moment, at least) completely sober. "It's good to see you. I'm sorry I haven't been around. What's the matter?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Waiting Room?]

Eileen gives her friend a smile and wave in reeturn, and she steps over quickly, looking (for the moment, at least) completely sober. "It's good to see you. I'm sorry I haven't been around. What's the matter?"

[Across the Street, in a Park]

"It's nice to see you, too,"
    Fear replies, motioning for Eileen to take a seat if she wishes. "And we understand that Remnant is a pretty intense job. Anyway, what's wrong is that Despair is missing. She was getting a house in Riverside with what you gave her, and for some reason she went to an abandoned car park, which is where we stopped being able to follow her trail, since she wasn't Nether-formed anymore," the Tiefling continues, fiddling nervously with a small, unmelting, shard of ice she's wearing as a necklace. "I know that it's out of Remnant's jurisdiction, and she's not actually a citizen of Inside, so you can't do anything in an official capacity, but if you could provide some help on your own..."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary - Feia's Room

Bugs nods and writes down a few things. "The replacement organs and ribs are tougher than what you're used to, so you won't have to worry about most conditions like heartburn or liver failure any longer. The damage had been...extensive."

Infirmary - Sunny

"Of course I want to see Luke grow up..."
    Bugs starts trying to explain before stopping. How could he tell someone like Sunny that he felt like it was his time to go and rest in the afterlife? He'd never be able to retire from what he was doing, he knew that now.

Looking into her eyes, he realized that he couldn't explain. Not in a way that she might understand. Unable to speak any more, Bugs just reaches out to pull Sunny close.

Rec Center

"Get a harder drink."
    Anna suggests. "Sometimes it helps."

26. - Top - End - #476

[Rec Center]

"Thank you, but I would rather not," Iamar says. She sips at her tea again. "What I have now will suffice."

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sunny just holds on to him and cries.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Infirmary - Feia's Room]

Little ailments that the woman had never really bothered thinking about before.
    She'd always been too busy with other tasks, to worry about silly things like her organs rebelling.

Well, up until her egg had decided to try to eat them all.

Feia just gives a little nod as Bugs mentions that the damage had been ugly.
    Of course it had. She was being killed by something specifically designed for the task.
    "I am impressed that I have a body at all. You are very skilled at your art. The organs must enjoy the same amount of expertise."
    No doubt at all in their quality! She'd trusted him this far, why bother doubting now?
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-05-07 at 09:26 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #479

[Rec Center]

((Just tell me if you don't want to be interrupted in this scene))

Tovpir, the giant scorpion made of stone, enters the Recreation Center. He was looking for some of the other people working here. The NPC's he met excused them self for being to busy and send him here. As he spots the Iamar and Anna he goes over to introduce himself.

"Hello there. I'm Tovpir a new member here."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

[Across the Street, in a Park]

"It's nice to see you, too,"
    Fear replies, motioning for Eileen to take a seat if she wishes. "And we understand that Remnant is a pretty intense job. Anyway, what's wrong is that Despair is missing. She was getting a house in Riverside with what you gave her, and for some reason she went to an abandoned car park, which is where we stopped being able to follow her trail, since she wasn't Nether-formed anymore," the Tiefling continues, fiddling nervously with a small, unmelting, shard of ice she's wearing as a necklace. "I know that it's out of Remnant's jurisdiction, and she's not actually a citizen of Inside, so you can't do anything in an official capacity, but if you could provide some help on your own..."
    Eileen does indeed take a seat, folding her hands in her lap, and listening.
    And then frowning as she hears the tale being told.
    And, when Fear finishes, she reaches for her friend's hands, and nods.
    "I'll do what I can," she says quietly, in a promise. "You have no idea why she went there?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew