New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Elaine's Place

"Of course I agree with you there, but I believe I couldn't argue against that even if I didn't have a mother's partiality." Elaine says. "I don't think he's ever been so taken with a young lady as he is with you."

Motor Pool

Sunny puts an arm around Carl as she listens to the Sirens song.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Rec Center]

"I imagine it'll be fairly easy to be courteous to everyone here at Remnant," Iamar says. "You're doing pretty well regarding myself and Anna."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Walking

"No offense meant, Vyrn, but the moment you stuck yourself on your airship, the coup was inevitable. You didn't see it because you ignored the politics within your Empire as well as out. That was your biggest failing."
    Vasquez explains. "As for the others, only a few of them are really up for politics, and those that are, have lost much of their power base. Things have changed to where you can't just shove power around in the public and it scares them. I didn't vote to allow you to become a faction in the Council because that's just what you did as Emperor, and I don't think it'd be a good idea. That said, I have an alternate idea if you wish."
    Vyrn shrugs. "It all leads back to the same thing at its core, in my opinion. That said, I am willing to listen, given that there are many ways to act in the capacity I'm looking for. I simply remind you that I will require a degree of autonomy in any given position."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Rec Center

"Slavery is just about the only common custom that you need to be warned against, but that said, with as many cultures here as there are, something you do eventually will offend someone. It's merely a matter of time and it happens to everyone.
    " Anna tells them with a shrug. "Just apologize however is appropriate and move on. People understand for the most part."

Elaine's Place

Vas runs her fingers through her short hair with a small smile, even flushing a bit at the compliment. "Thanks, and I'm very glad to have him enraptured so, but I'm not young. At least, I don't feel like it." She doesn't admit it, but even though she's not yet over 30, her hair is already turning gray. It was one of the reasons she kept it short.

Motor Pool

Carl rests his head on Sunny's shoulder with a smile, turning to kiss her cheek as he pets Stheno's head gently. "We'll be sure to drop by often." He promises them all.

Walking

"Remember Mortal Coil?"
    Vasquez asks, leaving the offer as that. It'd be more than enough information to know where it was going.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-06-11 at 06:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"When you're my age, you'll think differently about what 'young' means."
    Elaine says with a laugh. "But how do you feel about Jacob? Are the feelings reciprocal?"

Motor Pool

"Or you can come and visit any time,"
    Sunny says.

About this time, Missy walks in to check on some routine maintenance for her Praetorian armour. She sees the baby and stops, an expression of pain and longing on her face.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

[Walking]

"I know more of you than most," Vyrn states. He sees no need to lie there-Vasquez probably knows he has at least some information from Sanctuary's computers already.

"And I can see the strategic value-a similar unit operating from a mobile headquarters such as Sanctuary could prove quite useful. What, specifically, would this entail?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rec Center

Tovpir nods in understanding.

"And what is with greed? Do people fall under this fast?"

At last the spike of his string looks like a diamond.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-06-12 at 12:54 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #578

[Rec Center]

"Greed is not something common here. At least, in my limited experience at Remnant," Iamar says. She doesn't notice the diamond spike, and wouldn't pay any attention to it if she had.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Place

Vasquez can't help but smile. "He's definitely caught me, that's for sure." She tells Elaine. She couldn't say if she loved him or Jake yet, but at least this she could say with honesty.

Motor Pool

Carl waves when he sees Missy and grins. "Hey, Halifax. We were just showing Luke around. Do you want to see him?" The halfling asks, full of good cheer.

Rec Center

"Outsiders might, but I doubt it. Honestly, a creature of your size has a major advantage over most."
    Anna says. "Not only that, but with the Remnant name, people should be less inclined to try anything."

Walking

"Along a similar vein of thought, I was thinking of proposing a joint-task force of sorts. You wouldn't work for me, but at least with me. Along with that, you'd have access to more resources than you have and it'd even allow you some leeway with your actions within the City. If nothing else, it at least gives the Council the image that you're being complacent. You can have power in other ways after all.
    " Vasquez explains.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"That's good to hear. I would not want to see him heartbroken."
    Elaine says.

Motor Pool

"He's so tiny," Missy says. She hadn't seen her own son as an infant, but after going through her parents papers and photos, she could pull up the images in front of her cybernetic eyes any time she wanted. The birth certificate said he was 9 lbs 12 oz - much bigger than the little three-quarterling she saw in front of her now.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #581

Rec Center

"That is good."

He waits a few moments looking between the two he talks to.

"May I ask you how you got here?"

12. - Top - End - #582

[Rec Center]

"If you mean how I came to Remnant, all I did was ask for work and I was referred here." Iamar absent-mindedly taps the tab;e. "I don't know how I came to the Nexus."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Apartment

"I don't want them hurt either."
    Vasquez admits before realizing the slip of her tongue and trying to cover. "I've known Gus just as long and I know that the pair are quite a bit closer than they were before. Probably because of my efforts. It's hard to watch someone fight themselves." She tells Elaine gently. "Which, after a bit of thought is likely quite hypocritical of me." She says with a small chuckle and shake of her head.

Motor Pool

"He's strong though."
    Carl says, sure of it. "He's going to grow up to be wonderful. I know it." He tells Missy and Geoff with a joyous grin.

Rec Center

"Portal Accident."
    Anna says with a bit of a shrug. "Was working in my father's tower and misspelled a rune of casting. Got transported to the Plane of Lox before a band of adventurers found me. I ended up traveling with them for a few months and we eventually made our way here where I parted ways."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Apartment

Elaine misses the significance of the slip, and looks down into her tea cup. "I suppose he's right, and that I should try to talk to Billie."

Motor Pool

"I'm sure," Missy agrees. She reaches out to the baby, still being held by Teles, and lets him grasp her finger, getting the silly soppy 'Oooh, it's a baby!' look on her face as she does. "You're so blessed."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Apartment

Vasquez reaches out to take her hand and give it a squeeze. "It isn't necessary right away, Elaine. Take as long as you need. I can't imagine how hard this is fr you, either of you, but you need to do this at a comfortable pace. If you wish, I'll gladly help you along."

Motor Pool

Teles smiles up at Halifax and lifts the baby slightly, allowing the two to be a bit closer. Geoff can't help but nod at her statement. "You two really are. We all are."

Carl can't help but turn a bit red, mildly embarrassed by all the praise and turns to rest his head on his wife's lovely shoulder, watching their son brighten everyone's day.

HQ Hallway

After her talk with Edijar, Vasquez wanders down the hallway with a small sigh, looking at the ever increasing list of names on the Remembrance Wall. There had to be nearly a hundred, just Remnants alone, added to what had already been an extensive list in the times of the Empire. She runs her fingers over a few familiar ones, stopping as they run over Capt. Jefferies' name, the latest addition.

She feels a bit of anguish at the thoughts of so many souls passing on and digs into her shoulderbag for a small plaque she had made up to add along side it. Counting several paces further along, she stops and pushes a nail into a stud in the wall before hanging up the little plaque. Even though Edijar hadn't wanted any ceremony, she felt the need to do this. Everyone needed honoring, even though who've survived it all.
    Praefectus Edijar Losthold: Retired

The Commander can't help but smile at the sight before another thought occurs to her. Even though she was out of plaques, there was still something she should have done several days ago. Turning around, she pulls out some white masking tape and a marker. She tears off a pair of strips and sets them horizontally on the wall before writing on them. Taking a step back, the anguish in her heart fades some and her smile brightens.

Lucien Samuel Evans Goodfellow

Jefferies Olearius Hellstomper
    As she walks off, Vasquez makes a mental note to have another plaque commissioned to replace her temporary one.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-06-13 at 11:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Apartment

"Perhaps I should start with meeting Gus."
    Elaine says.

HQ Hallway

Delisle spots the new additions and smiles. "I do hope you haven't put either of them on the duty roster yet. They're both a bit green." She catches herself too late. "Er, inexperienced. Didn't mean to make a racial slur there." Little Jefferies being an orc and all.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Place

Vasquez gives her hand a gentle squeeze. "Like I said, there isn't a rush. Gus is a good man though." She says with a bit of a smile. "I think you'll find him like a son as well."

HQ Hallway

"It's fine, and I doubt Hellstomper would be offended by such. How are the pair doing, do you know?"
    Vasquez asks, honestly curious about how Jyarl and the orc girl are getting along.

Outside the Motor Pool

When Missy leaves, she might get the sense that she's being watched right before Jyarl's voice speaks up from behind her. "Missy, have a sec?" He asks, leaning against the wall as he puffs on a cigarette one final time before flicking it away. "Damn I'm going to miss those..." He mutters to himself. It'd been his last one and with any luck, would stay that way.

He didn't want Alice getting after him for smoking around Jefferies.

Motor Pool

"Before you go, I have a gift for you, Sunny."
    Geoff tells her with a smile. "A lot of the vets put in some to get it done for ya." He says before he strides over to a metal door and opening it, revealing The Saint power suit. "We'll have to get you properly fitted sometime." He admits.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"Does he... see me that way?" Elaine asks.

HQ Hallway

"Most of the adoption paperwork has been done. There's a waiting period before it's finalized, in case any family come forward to challenge it, or the parenting relationship doesn't work out. Social workers will be visiting regularly to make sure Jefferies is being well cared for, but I have no doubt that everything will turn out well. Jyarl has really surprised me." Delisle says.

Outside the Motor Pool

"Sure, Major. What is it?" Missy answers. She might have expected more of a chewing out over her disobeying orders back at the tenement fire, but his tone was too casual for that. He'd have called her Halifax or by her rank if that were the case.

Motor Pool

Sunny oooooohs over the suit, reaching out to touch it and feeling through her machine empathy how it works and how smoothly it runs. "It's beautiful."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #589

Rec Center

Tovpir listens to their short stories and then heads to Iamar first.

"I hope these are the only memories you miss. After all the past makes our now."

Anna gets a bit confused look from Tovpir. He isn't a mage and just knows what he needs to survive. If fire comes out of a mans finger he is a mage. He just nods at her story, but befor Iamar answer Tovpir speaks up again.

"So remnant also has mages? Thought they only use their technology."

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"I don't see why he wouldn't."
    Vas says as she sips her drink and munches on a cucumber sandwich. "Would you want me to be there when you see him?"

HQ Hallway

Vasquez nods and can't help but smile a bit. "As bad as he is, he's still a good man at heart. Just needed to find that again." It might sound cliche, but it was the truth.

Motor Pool

Carl can't help but grin at the look Sunny gives the armor. The suit runs perfectly, unused and with all the bugs worked out in the mechanics and programming. All in all, it's perfect.

Outside Motor Pool

Jyarl takes a couple steps towards Missy, scratching at the scar on his neck that surrounds the metal tube that's there. "Well, I was wondering if you'd help me with young Jefferies. The orc. I can't take care of her myself since I have to work too, but I was hoping you could lend a hand."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

Elaine nods. "Thank you. That's very kind of you to offer. Since I can't have Jacob there, it would be helpful."

HQ Hallway

"The little one certainly seems to adore him. She's quite a feral little thing though. I don't know how he plans to educate her."
    Delisle says.

Outside the Motor Pool

Missy blinks. "Why me?" Part of her is wondering if this is a roundabout way of trying to date her. But surely he knew she didn't date soldiers. It was common knowledge on the gossip vine.

Inside the Motor Pool

Knowing that Luke is in good hands (probably being passed around among many good hands), Sunny elects to immediately take the suit into a back room to try it on.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #592

[Rec Center]

"I remember it happening, I just don't-" Iamar's explanation is interrupted when Tovpir speaks to Anna about Remnant's mages. She doesn't listen to that branch of the conversation, magic isn't all that interesting to her.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

[Motor Pool]

Three people enter the motor pool, hauling a heavy motorbike. One of them is Sergeant Eljaszeńko, the commander of the Fast Response Squad and the other two people are his soldiers - Antoni, a tall, wiry fellow with an impressive beard who's the team's sapper and the other one is a very muscular man of average size, completely bald, with a nasty scar over the right half of his face - his right eye is also cybernetic. They spot the large gathering of people and look their way curiously as they set the motorbike down.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"Any time."
    Vasquez swears to Elaine before going back to her tea. "I...I'm guessing you probably have a couple questions about me or what I do?" She ventures, trying to change the topic a bit to something Elaine might find more comfortable.

HQ Hallway

"I suppose we ought to find out soon."
    Vasquez tells her. "How about you? Everything good?"

Outside Motor Pool

"Because I get the feeling you two would get along somewhat and all else aside, trust your judgement."
    Jyarl tells her. "That, and our shifts make it easier."

Inside Motor Pool

Sunny will find that the suit is a tight fit in some places and loose in others, but even powered down, it's light. If she powers it up, it'll feel like a second skin and she'll find all the add-ons popping up.

Carl waves to Anatolij and so do a couple of the Sirens who immediately start walking over there to "mingle" with the bikers. Teles stays back, holding onto Luke and resting her head on Geoff's shoulder as she smiles happily to the young boy.

Rec Center

"Mages, priests, swordsmen, archers, thieves, gunners...just about everything to keep ourselves as well rounded as possible."
    Anna clarifies. "If we didn't, we'd find ourselves woefully lacking."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

[Motor Pool]

The three bikers turn to the two Sirens when they approach, Anatolij waving to Carl.
    What's with the gathering over there? the Cossack asks.
    Commander Goodfellow and his wife brought their son, I'll bet, Antoni says. Haven't you heard, Sarge?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-17 at 11:14 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Truck Approaching Remnant]

The guards outside the gate will see a truck approaching. It's a good truck, unless Adir hasn't gotten around to replacing the old one. In any case, it's heavy-duty enough to seat all the different Watch members that chose to come here to Remnant for training. Harnel himself is driving at the moment, and will pull to a stop a little outside the gates, leaning his head out the window and waving to the guards, "We're the group from Watchtower. Wanna let us in?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

<*insert chit-chat here*> Sorry, ran out of things to say, but Elaine didn't.

HQ Hallway

Delisle smiles. Her affair with Sue is an open secret, but she still doesn't talk of it. "Things are well."

Motor Pool

Sunny is so impressed by her suit that it even distracts her from thinking of her son for a few minutes - probably the first few minutes of that in many months. "Is there an interface to fly the base?" she asks.

Luke is a fairly relaxed baby, especially with Siren songs, and won't mind anyone else looking at him, talking to him, or holding him.

Outside the Motor Pool

"I don't think you've ever complimented me before, Major," Missy says with some suspicion. "Actually, I can't remember you complimenting anyone."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-06-17 at 10:50 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Motor Pool

"They're an absolute wonder to watch."
    Aglaope (with a blue band around her hat), tells the team even as her sister, Thelxiope(red band), tries to drape her arms around Anatolij's shoulder. "You should go see them." Thelx tells them.

Geoff frowns a bit, but he's expected the question. "I'm having one built, but we'll have to actually map out your brain in order to write the program."

HQ Hallway

"In that case, enjoy the next few days off. I imagine you both could use them."
    Vasquez offers as she heads off.

Outside The Motor Pool

"Everyone needs to grow up sometimes."
    Jyarl says, automatically rummaging through his pockets for another smoke before realizing he doesn't have any anymore. "You in or not?"

Entrance

The truck will be stopped at the Gate by a pair of guards, one gesturing for Harnel to park some distance away. "If you all could disembark and register, you can head on to the parade field where your instructor is waiting for you." He says.

(The entrance can be handwaved, but please describe your PCs)

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Motor Pool

Sunny nods. "It's important. There should be more than one pilot."

Outside the Motor Pool

"Sure, on one condition,"
    Missy says. "I want to know what the deal is with you and Javert." She looks relaxed, but she toggled her system onto high alert in case he decides to punch her again. She won't hit him back, but she certainly won't just stand there and take it when she's fully able to dodge.

HQ Hallway

Delisle blinks, then goes to look at the computer to see that she and Sue have both been scheduled the same time off. She calls out "Thank you" to the departing Vasquez, and starts to make plans.

Entrance

Darcy Brightember enters. She's a shapeshifter in the appearance of a young human woman. She's carrying (embedded in her body) several silver knives, most of them enchanted to automatically return. Of course she discloses this, but will only reluctantly turn them over. Other than that, she's unarmed.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Harnel steps out of the truck, putting the keys into his jeans. He's a half-dragon that looks to be in his early twenties in human years. Specifics about him are that he has crimson scales with yellow plates along his stomach, a human-like head, wings, a tail, and draconic feet. As he enters, he's not carrying any equipment besides the clothes on his back, and is completely unarmed, save for natural weapons.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-06-18 at 05:00 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.