New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Courtyard

Darcy deploys her shield and pike.

Jyarl's place

Missy arrives to meet Jefferies.

Inside, Jefferies is playing tug of war with Rotgutz.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel will activate both the shield and spear, making sure to aim them away from the other Watch members as he does. He tucks the back of the spear under his right arm and holds the shield out in front of him, testing the weight of both. Satisfied, he'll stand back up, the spear verticle and the shield held a little off to the side as he continues to stand at attention.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Yazon activates his own shield and spear. Seeing their size prompts a frown. They aren't made for someone of his stature, that's for certain. The shield is a foot taller than he is and the spear is getting near twice his height.

[Interview Room]

Gustav will undoubtedly go through several different things that his player does not have exact knowledge of. There is a bit of an IC waiting period before 'Vul' is made a complete member. That time will be spent doing a background check for any information that might be available. After that he'll presumably be outfitted with a uniform and basic equipment.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Halfling in the Playground

[Interview Room]

I assume Teq is put to some sort of mandatory training?

In any case, a background check won't come up with much besides what Vul gives them. Old contacts for sellsword work, battle-buddies, etc. There's no transdimensional data network that can be accessed to review his past endeavors.

So... Teq's stuck in limbo again, for now.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Mia deplays there new tools as well, but she don't seem to be able to handle them. The shield is a bit larger then her and not used to it. The spear, nearly twice her size, is a thing she can't really use. She leans the spear and shild so she has less to hold.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Wenomir activates his equipment as well. While he's a bit leery about using such hi-tech weapons, it's also clear it's nothing new to him. He used to fight in a shield wall-type formation many years ago.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Rec Center

Anna snorts. "Just wait till you meet something nasty. Like a Tyranid or a Clown Golem." She says before shuddering. "By the gods, I'm still haunted by the honks..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Rec Center

"I did met something strange. Just some little guys not even half of humans size.I wonder what they are. Mini humans?"
    "Clown Golems...?" Iamar shakes her head, then pulls on her hood a little. She'll ask about those later. Topvir's statement is of interest to her. "Do you mean the halflings?" Seems she isn't as far in the dark as she was when she first joined Remnant.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Phone line]

An anonymous tip comes in comes in about a drider like robot that murdered a man in the Red Zone. Unless someone higher up takes interest we can assume some NPC's go to clean it up, do some basic sort of investigation.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen, meanwhile, gets plotcloned, and searches out Commander Vasquez.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Vas's Place

After the events of here and here, Jake finds Vasquez and tells her that his mother is ready to try to talk to Billie.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Lieutenant Colonel Sequoia. Strolls through the courtyard with no apparent destination in mind. The woman in question is a dryad. She looks quite young considering her rank, but with fey looks can be deceiving. Her skin is a woody, red-brown and her hair consists of somewhat messy strands of dense, evergreen greenery. She's a fairly shapely woman, with long legs and a full figure. She's a very tall woman, standing about six feet four inches.

Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-08 at 12:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Watchtower Training

Edijar looks over the group and rests his gaze on Yazon, looking down. He appears thoughtful for a moment. "Yazon, step forward. Rest of you, carry your shields and spears and follow Priestess Arla on two laps of the perimeter." He orders. The Priestess of Horus steps forward smirks before her face gets serious. "Alright! Follow me! Anyone who falls behind further than 10 meters does another lap!" She shouts before running off, doing so backwards to make sure all the others follow her.

Assuming they go without question, Edijar steps towards Yazon. "What experience do you have under your belt?"

Vas' Place

As soon as Jake tells her, Vasquez gives him a long hug and kiss of comfort.

Vas' Office

Eileen will be able to find Vasquez in her office, doing paperwork.

Rec Center

"Halflings, Hobbits, Dwarves, Fey, and Wee Folk. Not to mention a large smattering of other races could fit that description of "short"."
    Anna jokes.

Courtyard

"Lt. Colonel, catch that pug!"
    A voice shouts behind the dryad as a pug runs along the sidewalk towards her, leash trailing it as he runs towards the dryad. He'll stop and sniff at her leg, wagging his tail and letting out a yowl as Bugs arrives shortly after.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-07-07 at 09:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office

Eileen does find her there, and pauses outside the door for a moment before knocking at it. Three times.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Yazon steps forward as instructed. "Joined the local militia at age twenty. Fairly active as the tunnels in the area were dangerous. About seven years later I joined active military service. Fighting usually consisted of tunnel skirmishes, but there were a few large battles. Did that for fifteen years until some instability in the government caused the military to collapse. I served as standard infantry for that time. My experience in weapons is mostly with the bearded axe, tomahawk, and crossbow. I've used shields and a variety of other melee weapons as well, but not to the extent of the three I mentioned." He replies, adding a "Sir." after a brief pause.

[Courtyard]

Sequoia whirls around and sees the approaching dog. She crouches down to grab his collar and pet him. "Hello Bugs." She says amusedly as she smiles up at him. "Did you lose this little guy?"

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

The older man limps a bit, hand on his thigh as he gives her a smile. "Thanks. And Archer has always been a bit of a handful. Ever since he was a puppy. Everything going well?" He asks as he leans down to grab the leash.

Vas' Office

"Come in!"
    Vas shouts, and once Eileen does so, she looks up. "What's up, Eileen?"

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"Well enough. I just thought I'd take a break and go for a stroll. The weather is lovely after all." Sequoia says as she stands. "And how are you doing?" Last she heard he hasn't been exactly healthy. Until recently, that is.

[Vul]

First thing's first, send Wolfbane a PM about Vul, including name, speech colour, and a description of hi capabilities. Consult the OP of this thread for examples. It'll be added to the OP as well, under "Enlisted".

After training (which will be handwaved) he will be made a Corporal in charge of a single squad of four people. This is on a trial basis (which he has been informed of) until he's gone through a few firefights. If he screws up he losses the rank. His squad is equipped with basic armour, either laser or assault rifles, and either laser or solid projectile pistols. Consider loyalty among them variable, but it will improve over time the more he's played within Remnant/doing Remnant related things. Teq himself will be given the same equipment (along with a uniform) with a better pistol (increased range and power and with a scope if he so chooses) and he can choose to replace his rifle with a shotgun. He is still permitted to use his own personal equipment, provided it isn't ridiculously dangerous. There are a few areas off limits to him including the Communications Center, the Command Center, or the various labs.

On an entirely OoC note, keep in mind that Remnant is a slow organization. There's generally personal interaction and such going on, but serious Remnant business is infrequent at best. When there is something for you to do, don't wait for permission to do it. Generally just keep playing your PC like you would otherwise while taking his position in Remnant into account.

And that should be it. If you'd like some interaction fell free to post for him and I'll send someone in his direction.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"I'm healthier than a sixty year old man should be."
    Bugs tells the dryad with a small smile. "Have a small burn on my thigh, but that's all. Kitchen accident." He explains to cover his limp. In reality, he had a new tattoo there, but he wasn't going to try and explain it to her. "And yes, the weather is beautiful today." He agrees.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office

"Come in!"
    Vas shouts, and once Eileen does so, she looks up. "What's up, Eileen?"
    "Commander." Eileen nodded respectfully, standing at attention...and looking just a little embarassed. "I...well, I wanted to ask if there was some sort of...dangit." The Nordic blonde ran her hands over her face and sighed. "What I'm trying to say is I finally realised I need help with my drinking."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"Good to hear you're doing alright, then." Sequoia glances down at his leg. "I didn't know you cook, though." The dryad doesn't know much about cooking herself, seeing as she doesn't need to eat.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

The Commander actually cracks a small smile at that and gives her a nod. "Well, how would you like the help? Normal moral support, a magical gea? Or perhaps something the doc's can whip up to make it taste terrible to you?"

Courtyard

The doctor can't help but chuckle. "Well, the burn is one of the reasons I don't cook very often. Terrible at it really." He admits, reaching down to pet the pug gently. "Walking anywhere in particular?"

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sequoia chuckles. "Nowhere really. Just thought I'd get some fresh air. I get stir crazy if I'm caught inside for too long."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Mind if Archer and I tag along a bit then?"
    Bugs asks. "It'd be nice to have some company that isn't prone to tripping the person holding the leash just to sniff at someone new." He tells the dryad with a sly smile.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"Not at all. In fact, I'd prefer it." Sequoia smiles back and presumably they resume walking. "It seems to me that I remember hearing somewhere that Archer is Sunny and Carl's dog. Do they have you dog sitting?" She looks at him out of the corner of her eyes.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"He is, but I have the next 19 hours off and wanted to be productive of my day, so I offered to take him on a walk for them."
    The doctor tells her after offering her his arm in a gentlemanly fashion.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

[Vas' Office]

Eileen sighs, settling into a seat and shaking her head. "I don't think a geas or chemical mumbo-jumbo would work. If either got broken or ran out, I'd just be right back off the wagon - I need to not like it anymore somehow, on its own, if it's just 'Thou Shalt Not' 'OK' then does it really mean anything?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sequoia gives his arm a curious look before slipping her arm into it. "That's nice of you. I bet they're both kept very busy with their baby. Poor Archer must feel neglected." Her lips curl in a smile as she says the last.

27. - Top - End - #687

Watchtower Training

Edijar looks over the group and rests his gaze on Yazon, looking down. He appears thoughtful for a moment. "Yazon, step forward. Rest of you, carry your shields and spears and follow Priestess Arla on two laps of the perimeter." He orders. The Priestess of Horus steps forward smirks before her face gets serious. "Alright! Follow me! Anyone who falls behind further than 10 meters does another lap!" She shouts before running off, doing so backwards to make sure all the others follow her.

Assuming they go without question, Edijar steps towards Yazon. "What experience do you have under your belt?"

Vas' Place

As soon as Jake tells her, Vasquez gives him a long hug and kiss of comfort.

Vas' Office

Rec Center

"Halflings, Hobbits, Dwarves, Fey, and Wee Folk. Not to mention a large smattering of other races could fit that description of "short"."
    Anna jokes.

Courtyard

"Lt. Colonel, catch that pug!"
    A voice shouts behind the dryad as a pug runs along the sidewalk towards her, leash trailing it as he runs towards the dryad. He'll stop and sniff at her leg, wagging his tail and letting out a yowl as Bugs arrives shortly after.
    Watchtower Training

Mia tries to follow. She isn't used to the weapons and is hardly able to keep the shield up while draging the spear behind. It's soon obviouse that, even tought she gives all she can't compare with the others in any physical task, which will soon leave her behind the others.

Rec Center

"Well they where both this size, but one looked very different to the other. I don't think they where both of the same race, assuming they aren't human."

It's this time who Tovpir uses his tail to show of the heigth of a halfling. It's still possible that the others didn't realize what a deadly weapon is attached to the scorpion since it could make big holes in a humans chest.

((Wolf there was something Remanant wanted to do with Tovpir, I'm still not sure what it was.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Watch Training

Darcy's doing better than Mia, but probably worse than the other members. Her time in captivity weakened her a lot, and she hasn't gotten back her full strength. She can at least keep up her shield and spear though.

Vas's Place >> Holding Cells

Jake holds on to Vas for some time, before pulling away. "She wrote a letter to Billie. She is proposing 3 day stints for now, with the intent of increasing to a week, and then a month once they've gotten used to it. She doesn't think she can handle daily swaps the way Gus and I do."

Jake sighs, and pushes his fingers through his hair, a gesture he picked up from Gus. "She doesn't want to know what Billie does. She wants communication to be need-to-know only. One of the soldiers explained to her about tracking devieces, so she wants us to fit Billie with one of those, in case she doesn't change back on time. I... I honestly don't know if or when we should let Billie have any sort of freedom. What do you think?"

Jyarl's Place

HT is unsure whether this scene got left out by accident or whether Wolfy just had too many scenes going. Either way, Missy is at the door, and Jefferies is playing tug of war with the dog, but if they need to go on hiatus that's fine too.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #689

[HQ - Vas' Office]

"Yes, Watch is here as you might know and I wanted to take the opportunity to discuss my husbands deal with Remnant a bit closer. I know Edijar is dealing with it but I didn't like to distract him from his duties." She pauses. "Am I distracting you right now. I could ask later on if you like."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watch Training]

Harnel is maintaining a steady pace and keeping up with Arla. He doesn't pass by her because he doesn't want to be a show off, and also because he's casting encouraging looks at those falling behind.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.