New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Interrogation Rooms

Missy none-too-gently plops the goobered up Javert into a chair and then hoses him down with goober solvent.

"Talk."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Javert stands and brushes off the extra solvent, seemingly unbothered by what should likely have been entirely uncomfortable, but just continues to give his usual small smile before sitting back down. "I hope you confiscated my weapon from the counter on the way out. Pride has an uncanny knack of trying to corrupt anyone who holds him." He explains before setting his hands on the table.

"I do hope very much you enjoy my wedding present. I put a lot of thought into it. Have you become a Hellstomper yet, or is it still on the way?"

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Interrogation Room

Javert stands and brushes off the extra solvent, seemingly unbothered by what should likely have been entirely uncomfortable, but just continues to give his usual small smile before sitting back down. "I hope you confiscated my weapon from the counter on the way out. Pride has an uncanny knack of trying to corrupt anyone who holds him." He explains before setting his hands on the table.

"I do hope very much you enjoy my wedding present. I put a lot of thought into it. Have you become a Hellstomper yet, or is it still on the way?"
    Missy puts in a call over her radio (unheard by Javert) "Cursed weapon on the site. Secure at once."

As for the rest... there was so much wrong with what he'd said, that she couldn't even fathom how to react.

"You're charged with first degree murder. With your confession and the evidence on the site, we should have no difficulty getting a conviction. Execution, or the penal company."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"And here I thought those who plead guilty got leniency."
    Javert tells her with a small grin before leaning back in his chair to cross his arms. "And we both know neither one of those options would work, Halifax. No prison or amount of armed guards could stop me from getting out. I could force myself through you, despite that armor you wear, and skip out of here under a barrage of gunfire. None of it would even get close to me." He informs her before leaning forward, that damned grin still plastered on his face.

"If I hadn't wanted to be brought here, you couldn't have. It's as simple as that. I was the one who placed the call, remember? I told you one that if I had done something, there'd be nothing you can do about it. This is one of those time. So sit down, answer my questions, and I'll take the third route, that you failed to mention, completely voluntarily and you'll never see me inside this city again."

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Missy toggles her Accelerant up to full, giving her the potential to move 10x faster than normal. He might notice a slight difference in the way she carries herself as she sits, but it's not much. The computer that manages her wired reflexes is good at speed shifts. At the same time, she sends a radio burst to HQ to warn them that Javert is an escape risk.

"Let's pretend I believe that." she says. It isn't her real voice, since she isn't capable of intelligible speech when she's Accelerated, but she's been using the synthesized voice all along, and it sounds like her.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Javert does notice the way she carries herself and she'll see his smile change slightly towards one more of respect rather than amusement. Even so, his own legs tense under the table, in case she chooses to be less than amiable.

"Then lets say I have a distinct interest in making sure you, my brother, that little hellraiser of an orc daughter of your's, and your next child are all a bit safer. Perhaps I believe that your next kid, via my ex-brother, is likely going to be the only true heir to the Family no matter what our sister decides in life. Tainted blood is better than no blood after all." He explains before leaning forward once more, the sadistic grin back.

"Or perhaps I just like killing people and making a show of it. Your choice."

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Missy doesn't respond. Not a word, not a movement.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Javert leans back again, a little pleased with himself, figuring that Missy isn't answering because she's trying not to show anything.

"So...Orc got your tongue?" He asks, deliberately trying to provoke her.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Nope. Missy's listening to 50s music in her head, the album set to pause whenever Javert speaks. She's already spending 10x longer than him in this meeting, so a few more minutes means nothing.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Javert leans back in his chair, looking a bit thoughtful as he brushes some "dust" off his shoulders."So I suppose the first question is whether or not you believe what I say to be true."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-08-24 at 12:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"I believe you like to kill people. As for the rest, your 'Family' and mine have no relationship at all, by your choice." Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Call it a lapse in judgment if you wish. Or just me deciding to go partly against what I already said."
    Javert says as he takes off one of the two House rings and slides it across the table to her. "Whether I like it or not, I'm never having my own heir, and our sister is so fixated on a dead man that I think her sanity's gone. And that leaves just one route, Halifax. You. Or more precisely, your next child. Perhaps it might change in the future, but for now I name the child the heir. If there's anything I've learned, it's that the House must go on. House Hellstomper does have a quaint little ring to it anyway." He tells her with what appears to be a slightly sincere yet amused smile.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Not interested."
    Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"That's the funny thing. I'm pretty sure you don't get a say in the matter for the most part. Legal wise anyway." Javert says with a grin, setting his hands behind his head as he leans back and puts his feet on the table. "When the child comes of age, he or she can decide then. Until that point, they've gone into the family records as being the next in line. I admit though, there's not much left of the House's resources, but it's still more than enough to live comfortably."

"Of course, I'd be lying if I said there weren't a couple conditions on the inheritance."

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Exactly why I'm not interested. That, and your universe being hell, from what I've heard."
    Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Of course it is. This place is downright paradise comparatively."
    Javert admits. "But it's a hell that bred your boyfriend. So it can't be all bad, can it?" He asks rhetorically with a grin. "And I think you'd find these conditions quite simple really. The first is that they get to 16. The second that they be trained for combat or diplomacy. And finally..." He starts, taking his feat off the table to lean forward on it instead. "And finally, they take up Pride and do with it as they wish. Preferably destroy the damned thing. Been a curse for far too long, but I find him too useful to get rid of yet. Consider it a test of their willpower."

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Noted: Give cursed sword to offspring." Missy says - the synthesized voice actually managing to portray sarcasm. "Anything else you want to say before the lawyers come in?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Oh, I have a little more." Javert admits with another grin. "Mostly that I'm willing to take an enforced exile from this city. Because lets be honest here. If you imprison me just to try to execute me, I'd be out long before the death sentence draws near. And if I get sent into the Penal Company, what's preventing me from just escaping then as well? And do you even want me near Jyarl? Or on the same base as your daughter?"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"You'd be surprised how quickly we can execute a prisoner who has confessed without remorse,"
    Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"You can try." Javert says, his grin widening far too wide to be really possible, and he simply begins to move. Halifax made one big error when she brought him in here. She failed to search him.

Against someone who's unenhanced, his speed would likely be too much for them as a long slender monomolecular edged blade slides out of his wrist from within the cybernetic limb to land in his palm as he sweeps it forward toward's Missy's neck. It might not be strong enough to pierce through, but then again, it might just be with his enhanced strength and speed.

He's probably a good deal slower than Missy if she's fully Accelerated, but he'd be far quicker than most "humans" when they aren't in armor.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Missy sees him moving in slow motion, though not nearly as slow as most humans. She takes a step to the side, putting herself out of the sweep of the blade, and prepares to fire. She has time to consider and reject either goober rounds or tranq darts while he's still finishing the stroke. Javert will see her arm moving in a blur as she raises it to fire at his arm, which would destroy it as a weapon but likely leave him alive if he was treated immediately.

But that smile... his easy assurance that he's better than all of Remnant... his veiled threat to Jefferies...

Most of all, his blithe attempt to lay claim to her uterus.

Before the bullet fires, she adjusts her aim again, to send the bullet into his head.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Javert senses more than sees Missy moving, too focused to truly see anything other than his intentions. Even as she's gliding to the side, he lets go of the knife and begins to turn towards her. He's fast enough to be able to face the gun when it fires, but not fast enough to do anything about it. Even if he wanted to.

When his body hits the floor, a hole is punched neatly through his heavily reinforced skull, and Missy won't need a medic to know he's dead.

For once though, the smile on his lips seem genuine.

A couple seconds after the shot, the door is kicked in as other guards come in, guns raised and ready. When one sees the dead body on the floor, she gives a sigh. "Well...****."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Initiating Slowdown.

"Initiating Slowdown,"
    Missy says aloud, after toggling the command internally. She can't remove her armour until she's back to something approaching normal speed, which means she can't disarm herself. "You can take me into custody in sickbay. I need to talk to Jyarl."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Before any of the guards say anything, Missy will hear Vasquez over her headset. No need for self-sacrificing, Halifax. He lunged for you. Watching the security feed now. Even so, we need to talk after you do what you must. I'll be in the office.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Interrogation Room >> Hellstomper Residence

Missy would rather not be in armour for the conversation with Jyarl, but as soon as she comes down from the Accelerant, she'll be at least a day in sickbay. It's not as bad as it used to be, now that she has an artificial heart that can keep up with the demand, but it still is an exhausting recovery. And anyway, she'd rather him hear the news from her.

So she goes home, knowing Jyarl had the day off today, and hoping Jefferies is still in school when she gets there.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl is indeed home, vacuuming when she enters, but when he sees her in her armor, he stops, knowing instantly that something is wrong. "Missy? What's happened?"

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"I'm fine. No one from Remnant was hurt." she says, wanting to allay any immediate fear he might be feeling. "It's Javert. He's dead." And another pause before she adds. "I killed him."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl's features go blank for a moment as he absorbs the information. He doesn't get angry, sad, happy, or the like, but at the end of it he sets a hand on Missy's armored chest. "It doesn't matter, Missy. He was gone well before now. He just didn't realize it." He says quietly before resting his forehead on the armor as well, closing his eyes as he lets the news wash through him the rest of the way.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

She very gently puts her arms around her husband, wishing the stupid armour wasn't in the way. "He murdered Starling, the Human Supremacist, and turned himself in. But then when I was interrogating him... I don't know. It was almost like he was trying to provoke me to do it. I'm sped up, damnit. ****, this sucks." Seeing enemies in slow motion is wonderful. Seeing your loved ones in slow motion... not so much.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"He may have." Jyarl tells her with a small shrug before looking at her through her helmet. "Go to the infirmary and get wired down, okay? I'll meet you there after picking Jefferies up."