New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    Disagree. I think Blacksmithing only made mail items up until the point that plate wearers needed them.
    No. All the way up to a skill of 375, Blacksmiths can make shaman/hunter mail which is good up to level 70.

"Mail is a leatherworker-only thing" was a change made with WotLK, not the way it always was.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's really amazing how easy it is to gear up a character right now. My resto shaman dinged 85 last night, and within 24 hours I have the item level to do HoT HCs. I've had a little help from a guild friend that was crazy enough to give me a pair of VP boots, but still. It took me exactly three HC dungeons to get this far, and I haven't even replaced my heirloom helmet yet. I'll probably keep running normal HCs (mainly Zul'Aman) until I do, before moving on to HoT.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    No. All the way up to a skill of 375, Blacksmiths can make shaman/hunter mail which is good up to level 70.

"Mail is a leatherworker-only thing" was a change made with WotLK, not the way it always was.
    I've been a LW since vanilla on my Shaman, and I don't ever remember getting anything from a blacksmith. In Vanilla, Shaman/Hunter used Dragonscale LW. And even in BC, the Epic craftable patterns that one would use as a Mail-Wearer were from LW.

So, while there may have been something available for Shaman/Hunters from Blacksmithing, if you were planning on crafting your own items, you wouldn't have taken it.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

The prime reason i have a Shaman blacksmith is for 2 extra sockets and that is still valid, just would like some more mail to make rather than a endless stream of plate, the monotony broken by the occasional weapon.

But i have reached the end of the current grind as the next item i make will max the skill out, just a matter of getting the Truegold made and actually leveling the last 47% to use the item. Then of course starts the firelands rep grind to access those recipes.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #275

Heroic V&T, Heroic Council, Heroic Cho'gall. Man that was a good night.

All I have left for Glory of the Cataclysm Raider is
    -5 Heroic BWD bosses
    -Heroic Al'Akir
    -2 easy peasy achievements in BoT

After those are done, I'm probably going to mount farm spam in Stonecore/Vortex Pinnacle on normal. And I've got just under 600 tokens to go for my ToC mounts.

Mounts to Farm:
    -Magister's Terrace
    -Sethekk Halls
    -OS3D (both of them, apparently I'm not allowed to win a roll)
    -Onyxia
    -Eye of Eternity
    -TK
    -Karazhan
    -Baron Rivendare
    -Utgarde Pinnacle (gauntlet)

But, that Corrupted Firehawk is pretty awesome.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Are those the ones you're missing, or just the ones you are planning to try and get?

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Are those the ones you're missing, or just the ones you are planning to try and get?
    Just what I'm planning on getting. I'm missing about 60 mounts, but most of the missing ones are from the TCG codes or cash shop. The cash shop mounts and pets I am willing to wait until they are on sale. The TCG codes I am unconcerned about, as they are all sold in game on the AH, so at some point I may purchase one, maybe. I would love to get the two war talbuks from Halaa (Nagrand), but I would have to go and PvP for them, so they are low on the priority list.

PS-Buying and selling those mounts? If you find a sucker selling something like a Crimson Deathcharger for 50K, you can easily relist it for 90K or higher. Mount selling is actually a very lucrative market, if you have the money to risk. Exercise extreme caution.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-03-06 at 12:15 PM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Colossus in the Playground

I've been a LW since vanilla on my Shaman, and I don't ever remember getting anything from a blacksmith. In Vanilla, Shaman/Hunter used Dragonscale LW. And even in BC, the Epic craftable patterns that one would use as a Mail-Wearer were from LW.

So, while there may have been something available for Shaman/Hunters from Blacksmithing, if you were planning on crafting your own items, you wouldn't have taken it.
    There is something fundamentally illogical about, "I did not see this thing which I did not go out of my way to see. I have now proven that it doesn't exist!"
    This is one example--just one; I hope you'll hunt down the others on your own by preference to just telling me "You're wrong" again. As I said,
    All the way up to a skill of 375, Blacksmiths can make shaman/hunter mail which is good up to level 70.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

There is something fundamentally illogical about, "I did not see this thing which I did not go out of my way to see. I have now proven that it doesn't exist!"
    This is one example--just one; I hope you'll hunt down the others on your own by preference to just telling me "You're wrong" again.
    I think you may have missed the last part of his post.

He was just saying that the amount of relevant items from Blacksmiths wasn't a large, pervasive amount, and so it's not really worth continuing to give Blacksmiths the ability to make those items. It's fine with those items just relegated to Leatherworkers, as it is now. It doesn't add much to let Blacksmiths make those items.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-03-06 at 08:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

This is one example--just one; I hope you'll hunt down the others on your own by preference to just telling me "You're wrong" again. As I said,
    I didn't say you're wrong, and I acknowledge there may be some patterns in Blacksmithing. It's there in the quote. My end point was that if you were a shaman/hunter and you intended to consume you're work, taking Blacksmithing wouldn't behoove you very much.

The numbers are greatly weighted to LW:

In Vanilla:
    Blacksmithing(post level 40): 23 link
    Leatherworking(post level 40): 39 link

In BC:
    Blacksmithing: 13 link
    Leatherworking: 52 link

From Vanilla to BC, and from BC to Wrath was a progression of better design. Splitting it up amongst different professions makes it harder on a person who expects that since they've been making the armor they need up until now, they will continue to be able to do so.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

11. - Top - End - #281

Lack of guildies able to log on due to server issues plus extremely tired guildies equals fun runs in Karazhan and Facebook trolling.

According to guildies, I definately don't look my age (30 this month, most people guessed much younger), I was voted the guild posterboy, and I have the hottest female signifigant other. Our rogue Jhator (the artist who did my commish) was voted guild postergirl. Which is amusing as most of the guild tends to forget that we are both engaged/married (not to each other, obviously) and thinks we're the guild couple already.

Clearing straight to Heroic Hagara tonight. Hopefully killing her today or tomorrow. H Zonozz next week.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Best of luck to you. Hagara's a beast to heal.

"Let's all just have a nice quiet ice phase and *DPS eats it* OH COME ON!"

13. - Top - End - #283

Had an awesome raid night.
    So last night = no raid due to server problems right?
    Which means we have 2 nights left in our normal mode progression this week, right?

In one night...
    Downed H Hagara, we're now 4/8 Heroic.
    Cleared to Madness and downed that, with the Chromatic Champion achievement now under our belt. Woot.

And tomorrow, and through the weekend, we're clearing out Firelands and working on H Ragnaros, as well as BoT metas and H BWD for the last bits of Glory of the Cataclysm Raider.

Where was all this energy 2 weeks ago? A month ago?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Going after Heroic Morchok on Tuesday, we had four wipes due to disconnects. Four!

The internet was not on our side that day.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Going after Heroic Morchok on Tuesday, we had four wipes due to disconnects. Four!

The internet was not on our side that day.
    Not sure if related, but there was a login problem last night. Once you logout / DC you couldn't log back in because of that. Right after we did Spine one of a couple players got DCed and couldn't get back in, so we had to call our raid last night. Thankfully the problem got resolved a few hours later.

16. - Top - End - #286

PvP Stats and You. A PvE Player Perspective.

Okay, so people are in a bit of an uproar regarding PvP stats, the initial bar of entry until you get x amount of y stat on your gear, etc. Some considerations.

PvP Defence AND PvP Power means I have a choice for how I go about fixing or fine tuning myself for PvP. As a healer, I might not need value Power as much as I value Defence because of the tendancy to be focus fired into the ground. As a DPS like a Mage who has lots of control, and 'get out of jail free card' type abilities, maybe Defense won't be so important as Power, to punch through that healers Defense and heals. The flag runner in Warsong? Yeah, Defense. This means that players first entering PvP have 2 options if they find themselves stonewalled. Get more gear, or tune your current gear more to your needs. And having some reduction as a base means that yeah, you can probably sacrifice some Defense on gear for some Power early on.

Reforging. Being able to swap Defense and Power around, and likely having more enchant and gem options, in theory means a wider access to getting these stats in the first place.

Stat Harmonizing. I'm not sure how this is going to work, but what has been described is that PvE gear and PvP gear will both have a higher degree of cross-play. The catch is just making sure that PvE gear isn't always the best gear for PvP, with the best example being Legendaries. Yes, they are astonishingly good in PvP, this is supposed to not be the case in MoP. But it does mean that PvE gear won't be incredibly bad to PvP in anymore. It will likely still be suboptimal for PvP, and PvP gear will likely be suboptimal for PvE. But in both situations, the counterpart will not be completely useless like the way it is now. And again, one quick reforge could change everything.

@SWTOR-Players of more than one MMO will be quick to point out that SWTOR did the same thing but tied it to one stat. So this meant that anyone who outgeared you was not only tougher to kill, but could also dish out more damage than you. So why is the MoP version different by separating them? Again it comes down to customization and the ability to tune your character better towards the role. It is harder to find yourself stonewalled completely when you have options to deal with the problem. Need more Defense? Adapt and Adjust. Don't care about being a Glass Cannon and want moar powaaah? Adapt and Adjust. Find yourself stonewalled because you hit like a limp noodle? Adapt and Adjust. Find yourself stonewalled because you're squishy? Adapt and Adjust.

All of this might actually cause me to PvP in MoP. Yeah, I said something similar about Cataclysm, but I really mean it this time!

@Heroic Hagara
    It was another one of those kills where you could just feel things going right, and that nervous kind of energy was everywhere. We had 3 attempts where we got her below 3 million health, we knew we were going to get it this week for sure once we saw that.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-03-08 at 10:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    All of this might actually cause me to PvP in MoP. Yeah, I said something similar about Cataclysm, but I really mean it this time!
    Wouldn't it be really nice if they'd finally decide to make other Druid PvP specs besides Feral to be viable again? Personally, I'm pretty annoyed that they've practically neglected making Druid PvP viable for an entire expansion, and Feral got hit fairly hard at one point.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Expf View Post
    Wouldn't it be really nice if they'd finally decide to make other Druid PvP specs besides Feral to be viable again? Personally, I'm pretty annoyed that they've practically neglected making Druid PvP viable for an entire expansion, and Feral got hit fairly hard at one point.
    Uh, okay. Boomkin is awesome in PvP (Starfall and Typhoon are very underestimated, Shrooms are just awesome for defending an objective), Resto gets smashed kind of hard due to lack of instant healing, and basically you have to have Treeform up to really do much of anything. Also, Cyclone useage is critical in PvP, as is Entangling Roots.

As for MoP and PvP, Druid spec's of all kinds are looking very PvP viable. More movement, more control, always good. I'm looking forward to Resto having Typhoon. I'm looking forward to having my Treants do more than run up and hit something. I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeelly curious about talents like Ursol's Grasp. Cenarion Ward looks fun, as does Ironskin. And then there is Symbiosis. Mmmmm, can't wait to see how that works out.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Not sure if I mentioned it. Runestaff of Nordrassil is mine. Looks like at least ten more weeks of raiding before I can try for the Heart of Flame.

Also, finally downed Arthas last night. That was kind of fun. The group I went with is considering going back for the achieves, so that'll be fun.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-03-09 at 05:03 PM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

You know, if any 85 Alliance folks want to go do Heroic Northrend dungeon achievements, that's a thing we could do cross-realm. As a 398-geared Feral Druid, I've found I can solo almost everything in Cat Form, so having even just one other would mean we could get just about every achievement out there. Could even do so tonight.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    You know, if any 85 Alliance folks want to go do Heroic Northrend dungeon achievements, that's a thing we could do cross-realm. As a 398-geared Feral Druid, I've found I can solo almost everything in Cat Form, so having even just one other would mean we could get just about every achievement out there. Could even do so tonight.
    I might be interested sometime. I'm a Protection Paladin, but my gear is PVP stuff (yeah, I know, it's not optimal, but for some reason I can't seem to survive as Ret and there are flag battlegrounds and stuff). Still, I can solo the Northrend stuff without too many problems. The biggest obstacle is that I generally play during the day. My wife and dog prefer that I spend time with them at night. I'm on spring break this next week if anyone's available.

Isn't there a mount for the all the dungeon achievements? I'm a mount collector. I got my dragonhawk a few weeks back and still had to pick up the Dancing Bear yesterday. Mounts are fun.

(Also I'm expecting them to do an achievement for 150 mounts in MoP.)
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2012-03-10 at 08:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Speaking of achievement runs, Alarra and I are going to try to do a BWD achievement run tonight at 8PM eastern. If you want in, make sure that one of us has your RealID information and that you're logged in a little bit early so that you can let us know!
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Isn't there a mount for the all the dungeon achievements? I'm a mount collector. I got my dragonhawk a few weeks back and still had to pick up the Dancing Bear yesterday. Mounts are fun.
    Yeah, you get a drake for both the Northrend and Cataclysm dungeon meta achievements.

24. - Top - End - #294

Well, lack of participation led to tonight being an Ulduar "other than the metas" achievement run. Basically, a couple of people needed a couple of things, so where there wasn't a need, or other achievements weren't in direct conflict with the meta, we did the others too.

As a result, we managed to get Alone in the Darkness (Guild Edition) as well as a bunch of other fun things. Good night, overall.

(Fun fact about the dragon with all the dwarven guardians that need die? We had originally planned to get as many as we could before the enrage, then wipe and finish. Turns out the enrage actually made it easier because the breath was more likely to kill the dwarves and our healers weren't taxed at all. We just finished it out with her enraged for like another 5 minutes, at least. Maybe as long as 10 minutes. We only stopped because everyone who needed the dwarves got them.)

25. - Top - End - #295

Eh, 'good night' is subjective. I suppose in the sense that we got several achievements we didn't have before it was good. But by the end I got to the point where I had to take my headset off because I simply could not stand to listen to a particular someone's voice any longer. For those that know me, it actually does usually take quite a lot to get me to that level of annoyed.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

26. - Top - End - #296

Managed to get my Hunter into Firelands 10 last night and scored a new Dagger from Shannox. Am going to have to try and get my Shaman in there as i found there is a Caster Axe available (which is a rather rare thing - although not as rare as Caster Fist Weapons...)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey GitPG WoW players,

Giving WoW a play after a long time with other MMOs (mainly Rappelz first (crap) and DDO (last 3 year and like it, but need a change).

Messing around with the free trial to level a few different classes to 20 to see what I wanna play the most, then going to buy a month subscription (or just buy an expansion pack? will be lookingmore into this) to really test out the game.

Any server suggestions? I think there is a refer a friend package that helps out both sides that I would love to take part in, if anyone wants a friend;)

Also looking for anyone that may be willing to show me the ropes some. I know a fair bit about MMOs but each has its own quarks. Typically I play from 1030PM to 1AM EST, after the wives in bed. Currently trying a Gnome Warlock, Tauren druids (healerish) Dwarf Pally (tankish).

Thanks for any comments or suggestions

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got my shaman 'properly' cataclysmically epic surprisingly fast. I hit 85 on the fifth of March and got my final piece of resto gear (shoulders from Asira Dawnslayer) just four days later. The only 359 piece I have left now is the shield. I've been running End Time several times a day, but unfortunately I've only even seen Jaina once so far. Hopefully Beth'tilac will be kind enough to drop her BoE shield on one of our FL runs. I was also lucky enough to get Maw of the Dragonlord on my very first LFR run.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Messing around with the free trial to level a few different classes to 20 to see what I wanna play the most, then going to buy a month subscription (or just buy an expansion pack? will be lookingmore into this) to really test out the game.
    Welcome to the crowd!

Other people will be able to answer the other points better, but here I'll advise you to watch out, because there are a lot of offers where you can get one or more expansion packs for free, or at least cheaper, because they bundle them to make the game more attractive to newcomers, so that the expansions don't create an insurmountable money barrier.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Welcome to the crowd!

Other people will be able to answer the other points better, but here I'll advise you to watch out, because there are a lot of offers where you can get one or more expansion packs for free, or at least cheaper, because they bundle them to make the game more attractive to newcomers, so that the expansions don't create an insurmountable money barrier.
    Thanks. Been trying to see what Blizzard offers, but their store is currently down
    https://us.battle.net/account/manage...et-a-game.html