New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Messing around with the free trial to level a few different classes to 20 to see what I wanna play the most, then going to buy a month subscription (or just buy an expansion pack? will be lookingmore into this) to really test out the game.
    Get a friend to send you the new Scroll of Resurrection. It's a special invite to the game where you get quite a few perks. Worth looking into if it applies to you.

Any server suggestions?
    Depends on what time of night you play. If you're looking for late night raiding on Horde side, Area 52 I would recommend.

Also looking for anyone that may be willing to show me the ropes some. I know a fair bit about MMOs but each has its own quirks.
    I hear that. I once had a fellow asking me if WoW had some kind of double target thingy. By the way he described it, I was pretty sure that the focus target system in WoW did what he was asking, but at the same time, the way he described it I was also unsure why anyone would want this feature, and he was for whatever reason, unable to clarify. He insisted that other MMO's had this feature, which made me more confused.

Tauren druids (healerish).
    I can help you with general tips and tricks, I can point you to guides, I can recommend all manner of things, but in game? In game is actually pretty tough to teach people how to heal well. It's made easier if both parties are on ventrillo/mumble/skype/C3/[insert voice chat function here], but target selection and response is something that comes with experience.

Be warned, as a healer, you will screw up, you will wipe your group, you will have people upset with you at least once. But every class screws up, so don't get too discouraged.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-03-12 at 11:13 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #302

Grr... Once more i am one ilevel short of the next step - 364/365 for LFR.

I did however just go from a iLevel 318 helm to the valor one so i am happy to finally replace it and just have to keep hitting the heroics to fund a second Heirloom Mass for my DK and Shaman.

Was going to kit out a lock but that seems to have stalled - partly due to casting animation. Seems silly but when you have to do it a lot its something you want to look the best. And i endure it enough when i am healing on my other Dwarf Shaman. (why none of them are Elemental aswell)

Best way to learn how to heal well is to just keep doing it and learn from the mistakes you make.
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-03-12 at 12:06 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Get a friend to send you the new Scroll of Resurrection. It's a special invite to the game where you get quite a few perks. Worth looking into if it applies to you.
    Interesting. I thought it was just for returning players, I will look more into this. I'm thinking at most Ill pick up something similar to the battle chest, the main game and the first expansion. If I like the game I'll go 'all in'.

Depends on what time of night you play. If you're looking for late night raiding on Horde side, Area 52 I would recommend.

I hear that. I once had a fellow asking me if WoW had some kind of double target thingy. By the way he described it, I was pretty sure that the focus target system in WoW did what he was asking, but at the same time, the way he described it I was also unsure why anyone would want this feature, and he was for whatever reason, unable to clarify. He insisted that other MMO's had this feature, which made me more confused.
    Guess one question I do have here is the difference between Alliance and Horde. I originally let the game pick the server for me, but I have both Alliance and Horde characters. Are there specific Alliance/Horde servers?

I can help you with general tips and tricks, I can point you to guides, I can recommend all manner of things, but in game? In game is actually pretty tough to teach people how to heal well. It's made easier if both parties are on ventrillo/mumble/skype/C3/[insert voice chat function here], but target selection and response is something that comes with experience.

Be warned, as a healer, you will screw up, you will wipe your group, you will have people upset with you at least once. But every class screws up, so don't get too discouraged.
    Thanks for the Info. I have a decent understanding of the builds, (going DPS for both the Druid and Pally for the time being, until later in the game where specialization matters more then raw dmg). More hoping someone would be willing to explain the more in-depth details about the game and the nuances that you dont really pick up in guides. Maybe willing to level an alt in party form? Could stumble though on my own, but done that on 2 games already, and dont wanna waste the time a third.

Ah, Ive failed many a raids cause of me, so no fear there. Personally I play the Tank more in DDO but I find that its much better to have another higher level character to feed him stuff. I do have a FvS (healer) as well, and ya... seen some great nerd rage with mess ups there.

any "MUST HAVE" add on suggestions? From what I can tell, Im going to need one for the toolbars, but that might just be because I have not messed around with the in game ones yet. Also, it seems to me that the Map is not that useful in supplying the yellow arrow to my next quest objective. That user error, or would an Addon help this?

*EDIT* Also, is there a hot key to loot all from a dead body?
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2012-03-12 at 12:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

He may have been referring to Warhammer Online. Warhammer Online would allow you to target both an enemy and a friendly target at the same time. Damaging attacks would go to the enemy target, heals to the friendly. It was probably largely due to their attempts at muddling the roles a little(healers who have more powerful heals after dealing damage to enemies for example).

Probably not as analogous to WoW, because the roles don't necessitate it as much. Most of the things one would want to do in WoW can be facilitated through the use of the focus target.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guess one question I do have here is the difference between Alliance and Horde. I originally let the game pick the server for me, but I have both Alliance and Horde characters. Are there specific Alliance/Horde servers?

any "MUST HAVE" add on suggestions? From what I can tell, Im going to need one for the toolbars, but that might just be because I have not messed around with the in game ones yet. Also, it seems to me that the Map is not that useful in supplying the yellow arrow to my next quest objective. That user error, or would an Addon help this?

*EDIT* Also, is there a hot key to loot all from a dead body?
    Difference between Alliance and Horde: Different races (not too many differences, some racial abilities are considered better for some classes than others, but there isn't a massive difference). Alliance and Horde don't have separate servers (each server has an Alliance population and a Horde population, although the ratio between each side changes server-to-server). You have differences in the quests you do early-game (generally to do with each race having a different starting area and some areas being more easily accessed from certain starting locations). Other than that, there is really no difference.

I wouldn't say any add-on is a must have, but Recount and Omen Threat Metre are generally recommended. AtlasLoot and DeadlyBossMods are also useful.

As for a hot key for looting... I honestly have no idea. You can turn on auto-loot in the interface options (which makes it so that when you go to loot a dead body it loots everything), but other than that it's just right click.

Hopefully that answered a few of your questions buddy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

6. - Top - End - #306

@Looting
    If you want it to be a key you press as opposed to an automatic function, it's usually defaulted to Alt. I think it's in interface options. I personally keep it as an automatic function. So I right click a corpse, it loots everything. I right click an herb, it loots everything.

@Addons
    For a healer, really all you need is Deadly Boss Mods and your choice of UI. Personally, I enjoy Healbot, some people swear by Vuhdo. Healbot is remarkably easy to configure and runs well right out of the box. It is also very easy to make it pretty looking, size everything the way you want, and configure your buffs and HoTs and such. It sounds like a lot of work but it's actually very simple with Healbot. Highly recommended for first time healers.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Addons - If you want to dungeon and raid (it sounds like you do) I'd strongly recommend DBM. Some raids require it, but it's awfully handy even if they don't. Make sure you get the one that includes old content. For leveling, Alarra and I use WoW-Pro. In addition to the basic "it's over here" that the gold arrow gives you, it'll organize the quests into logical groupings so you spend less time going back and forth across a zone, it gives you any tips you might need to complete a quests, and it'll give directions on where the next quest giver is too. It's not perfect, but we've found it to be a big help. It'll require another addon called TomTom to function correctly.

Once you get to higher levels, there are probably other addons you'll find useful, but those are the ones I'd say are "must have" for me. Curse tells me I have 51 addons installed, but that includes a lot of library addons that are used by others and a couple that are pretty specific in their purpose (i.e. Juggler, which is only for one achievement for one holiday).
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

8. - Top - End - #308

51 addons? Wow.

Skada-Lightweight version of Recount
    Healbot-Healing Interface
    DBM-Deadly Boss Mods
    NeedtoKnow-Cooldown tracker, lightweight version of Power Auras

Thats me.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ah the Autoloot is good to know. Also thanks for the Add on suggestions, Ill check them out. Its little things like that, which can be useful to get to know from the very beginning, but would take me forever to figure out:)

I partied with this one guy in DDO, and he had three slots off gear that gave Str boosts. I pointed out to him that D&D rules apply, so only the highest one counts. Listening to his 'ohhhhhh' over speech was priceless as he took the lowest value one on and off to check what his Str score did to confirm.

*EDIT* just to confirm you guys mean stuff like...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wow-pro
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods

Hate downloading stuff without some form of recommendation.
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2012-03-12 at 02:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Healbot can be a very valuable addon for non-healing classes/roles too. When I'm tanking I use it to throw out spells like Righteous Defense and Lay On Hands. Other than that, Bartender is a very good place to start to clean up the UI and turn it into something you're comfortable with. However, the most important thing is that you find the addons that are relevant to your gameplay and personal preferences. You really don't need to spend two hours sweating over XPerl settings when you're not fully dedicated to raiding.

With that being said, you might want to look into Bagnon, which unifies your inventory and bank screens into a single window in stead of a separate window for each bag. It also adds a useful search function. Gatherer is an addon that collects data on the location of herbs, ores and that sort of thing, and adds them to your map, making farming them easier. Prat improves on the default chat interface, showing stuff like level and class of who is talking, as well as easily allowing you to copy/paste text. For levelling purposes, there are also some questing addons that could speed things up quite a bit.

11. - Top - End - #311

Here's what I've got. I don't even know what all of them do. I installed a bundle at one point.

WoW-Pro Guides (leveling guide I mentioned)
    _NPCScan (scans for rare NPC's, useful for rare hunter pets and Bloody Rare type achievements, and things like Time Lost Proto Drake)
    Ace3 (not sure what this does)
    Addon Control Panel (allows me to enable/disable addons without logging out)
    Altoholic (lets me track pretty much everything about all of my alts without switching out characters all the time, including letting me know if one of them gets mail or, if I signed up for a calendar event, will give me a reminder that it's soon to start)
    AtlasLoot Enhanced (what gear do I want/need from this dungeon/raid?)
    Auctioneer (self evident)
    AuctionMaster (so is this, but I like it better than Auctioneer, but it is more likely to break on patching, so I keep both)
    BadBoy: Anti Spam Automatic Reporter (does what it says, I get no spams)
    Bagnon (puts all bags into one "bagspace" which is now searchable, includes letting me search guild bank tabs)
    Bartender4 (handy for moving your bars around, but I don't personally use it, it came with the bundle and I never removed it, I just have it disabled)
    Button Forge (lets you make MOAR HOTBARS, but you can put them wherever you darned well please and it will let you "hotbar" inventory items that the default bars won't, handy for keeping track of quantities of items being farmed and for hotbar'ing things that you don't need in combat, but don't want to have to open your spell book for all the time, I use mine for things like my mount macro, portable guild bank, and group summons, etc)
    CallbackHandler-1.0 (not sure, but I think this is one of those libraries that's used by several addons)
    CombustionHelper (must have for a raiding Fire Mage)
    CurseProfiler 2.0 (self explanatory)
    Deadly Boss Mods (we all know what this does)
    Deadly Boss Mods - WotLK, BC and Vanilla mods (and this)
    Decursive (UI mod that enables click casting of whatever dispell/decurse/undisease/etc your class has)
    DMiniCoords (similar to TomTom)
    Factionizer (tells me where I stand with each faction, as well as what I need to do to get more rep with them, replaces default faction tracker)
    GatherMate2 (tracks where I've found mining/herbalism/fishing nodes and what was there, helps to plan routes)
    Juggler (only used for the fire juggling achieve during Midsummer Fire Festival)
    LibAboutPanel (library used by many addons)
    LibBabble-Boss-3.0 (library used by many addons)
    LibBabble-Faction-3.0 (library used by many addons)
    LibBabble-Inventory-3.0 (library used by many addons)
    LibBabble-ItemSet-3.0 (library used by many addons)
    LibBabble-Zone-3.0 (library used by many addons)
    LibStub (library used by many addons)
    LightHeaded (links to WoWhead in game)
    Mapster (map addon that lets me resize the map instead of having my map block my entire screen, so I can fly with my map open and stay on target)
    MoveAnything (lets you move literally any piece of the default UI)
    Omen Threat Meter (useful for tanking, also useful for letting me know if I'm about to pull aggro from a fail tank)
    OmniCC (shows me cooldowns graphically, including bad guy cooldowns so I can more easily see when "bad stuff" is coming)
    oUF_D3Orb Lightweight Mod (have no idea)
    Outfitter (equipment manager that is more robust than the default one)
    Overachiever - achievement tools and tweaks (tracks, searches, and suggests achievements based on location)
    PlayerScore (used to be GearScore, useful as a quick eyeball of what pieces are what ilevel as well as what's enchanted/gemmed and with what)
    Postal (mail addon that lets me fine tune which mails open with Open All)
    Power Auras Classic (not really sure, this is for Alarra)
    Quartz (puts cast bars in one convenient place where I can see them)
    RatingBuster (item comparison tool, when I mouse over an item of gear, it gives a comparison to what I'm wearing in the tooltip)
    Recount (for the trackings of DPS/HPS and several other things)
    Reforgenator (aids in deciding what to reforge and how, is configurable)
    SexyMap (lets me change up my minimap, for example, I like mine to be square because it shows more territory, and I have no frilly border, just a line)
    TipTac (another tooltip addon that provides additional information about items on mouseover)
    Titan Panel (information and addon organizer)
    TomTom (makes waypoints and gives direction+range to the next waypoint, necessary for WoW-Pro and I think plenty of other addons use it as well)
    VuhDo (competitor to HealBot, I don't know if HealBot is configurable for hostile casting or not, but this one is and I use it for every character I have)
    WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) v3 (shows whispers in a separate AIM style chat box, VERY useful if you find yourself conversing with multiple people as it will open a separate window for each, also disappears during combat (it will then still show up in the normal chat window) and reappears once combat is over, which is helpful if you missed a tell during an encounter; Okay, this is a must have for me also, but maybe not so much for someone just starting out)

Whew!

EDIT: @hullabaloo - yes, those are the addons we mean. For WoWPro, however, make sure you go to their site and get the full thing. The one they have on Curse is a "demo". Don't worry, it's still free and there aren't any commercials or anything. For DBM, as I mentioned earlier, you'll probably also want to get the "LK, BC, and Vanilla" mod. The default one on curse only has Cataclysm encounters.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dbm-bc
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-03-12 at 04:31 PM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thanks for all the info guys. Not to take over the thread, but another question about server.

It autoplaced me in Drak'thaul. Type:Normal Population:New Players
    I dont mind the Population, should have a younger economy, and little bit more even footing. My question is about Type.

I'm leaning towards the PvP server. I'm taking a break from DDO cause there is NO end game PvP. Meaning the endgame is just grinding raids and quests where you master the AI. My first game had robust open PvP everywhere outside of the 3 main towns, with XP loss from death.

How often do you get ganked in a PvP server? I dont mind open PvP everywhere, hate not being able to farm. Are raids in instances, thus no PvP? How about just quest or field farming?

Also is it all out PvP or only Alliance V Hoard? Is there reward/Losses from killing/being killed in Field pvP?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2012-03-12 at 08:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you're playing on a PvE server, you can only get attacked if you have PvP enabled. You can enable it at any time, but disabling it takes five minutes. Likewise, as soon as you attack another player (or most NPCs aligned with the opposing faction, usually the ones in towns) your PvP will be enabled automatically.

On PvP servers, you can generally be attacked anywhere, which includes your own towns. There are a few exceptions to this, like cities that are questing hubs for both the Alliance and the Horde. Some areas will have PvP objectives that can be captured to give you certain buffs while questing in the area. As for how often you get ganked, I really can't answer that since I don't play on PvP servers. Raids are instances, yes, and you will never be at any risk there.

14. - Top - End - #314

Good grief that is a extensive list of mods.

I can live without mods but find that Most guilds want you to have Omen and DBM to do things with so i use them.

For healing nothing is better than a good Mouseover Macro.

Misread LFR still need to get to 372 ilevel
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-03-13 at 02:49 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #315
    Halfling in the Playground

I run about a hundred addons currently. While using them is a matter of taste and preference, I find them to be very useful for me since they can improve the visibility of information, streamline and improve effectiveness of combat and other parts of the game, or add new functionality to the interface. Some add-ons do consume significant CPU time and/or memory, so they may impact your performance if your computer can't support it though.

Here's a selection of the add-ons that I use:
    - Action Bar Saver 2: swaps between different action bar setups; extremely useful when you play 3 or more specs.
    - BadBoy: anti-spam.
    - BalancePowerTracker: custom Eclipse bar.
    - *Bartender4: custom action bars.
    - Gnosis: custom cast bars.
    - TidyPlates: custom nameplates.
    - PlateBuffs: shows important debuff/buff icons on top of nameplates; useful for PvP and also multi-dotting classes in PvE.
    - Fatality: provides info on how someone died.
    - InspectFix: fixes a frequent Blizzard UI bug when Inspecting other players.
    - DXE: raid encounter addon, a.k.a. "boss mod".
    - *VuhDo: raid frame addon; primarily for healers.
    - OmniCC: displays time remaining on buff and spell cooldowns.
    - Prat: improved chat frame.
    - RetardCheck: checks your gear & buffs before boss fights.
    - *ShadowedUnitFrames: custom unit frames.
    - WeakAuras: custom graphicial displays based on buffs/debuffs/combat log events/etc; I find it an indispensable tool for customizing my interface.

I marked a few of them with an asterisk (*) to indicate the ones that I consider most important and essential. I have used the default UI before (typically on the PTR when add-ons are broken), but it is really awkward for me to do anything without these essential ones -- it's would be analogous to attempting to type on a Dvorak keyboard when one is already so used to a QWERTY one.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Bluhbluhbluh, farming the three ICC heroics for a Battered Hilt is going to take a loooooooong time...

Out of all the sword models I have relatively easy access to (I don't really have any friends on my server anymore, so I can't do old raids) I think the Quel'Delar is the best for transmogrification...unfortunately, neither faction has one up on its AH.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

17. - Top - End - #317

I'm leaning towards the PvP server. I'm taking a break from DDO cause there is NO end game PvP. Meaning the endgame is just grinding raids and quests where you master the AI. My first game had robust open PvP everywhere outside of the 3 main towns, with XP loss from death.

How often do you get ganked in a PvP server? I dont mind open PvP everywhere, hate not being able to farm. Are raids in instances, thus no PvP? How about just quest or field farming?
    First off, PvE content (Dungeons, Raids) are very different from those of DDO. I'm not saying that you don't master the AI and such, but if you want an idea of what WoW raiding looks like, I highly recommend going over to www.tankspot.com and click videos at the top of the page and check out their video guides. The one's I would highly suggest are

-Alysrazor
    -Yorsahj
    -Sindragosa
    -Professor Putricide
    -Faction Champions

Faction Champions is of particular note. The fight played like a big PvP match (no aggro table, control abilities emphasized, burst DPS emphasized) and there is a good chance we will see similar fights like it in Mists of Pandaria, as they attempt to bring some PvP elements to PvE.

As for server, I have a friend who plays on Illidan. The server is famous for ganking, griefing, trolling, and mainly just acts of jerkwadery.
    He said that in his leveling experiences, he's been ganked, sure, and he's even been spawn camped. It's not really all that big a deal. Just keep another character in the wings that you'd like to level as well, switch to that, proceed as normal. In 8 years on that server, he's been ganked a total of maybe a dozen times, not counting certain events like Magister's Terrace questing and such.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Bluhbluhbluh, farming the three ICC heroics for a Battered Hilt is going to take a loooooooong time...

Out of all the sword models I have relatively easy access to (I don't really have any friends on my server anymore, so I can't do old raids) I think the Quel'Delar is the best for transmogrification...unfortunately, neither faction has one up on its AH.
    You can do old world raids cross-realm now. It takes less than fifteen minutes to two man Onyxia for Gleaming Quel'Serrar.

19. - Top - End - #319

Speaking of old raids, we're going to try to get another T11 achievement run going on Saturday at 8PM eastern. We may try to hit up Ulduar again too, since Alarra just needs the Orbit-uary achieve on the Flame Leviathan to get her Rusted Protodrake. We'll decide at game time.

(As an aside, we may also try to get OS3D on either 10 or 25 man, depending on how many show. Onyxia is also not out of the question.)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Speaking of old raids, we're going to try to get another T11 achievement run going on Saturday at 8PM eastern.
    Tentatively interested. Something in the back of my mind says I have something to do that day family-related, though I don't have anything on my calendar...
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

21. - Top - End - #321

Is there any restrictions to this old school raid you are setting up? It sounds like fun.

22. - Top - End - #322

Weekly Marmot!

Some great considerations regarding loot in WoW.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Is there any restrictions to this old school raid you are setting up? It sounds like fun.
    It would be good if you were at least at level cap. Better gear is better, but what we can get away with depends on how many people we get to go along. We can do OS3D 10 man with a tank, a healer, and a DPS that are T13 geared, so everyone else would just be gravy. If we get 10 or more that are well geared, we'll do it on 25 man. If we end up doing the BWD achievements, we'd need a full 10 with everyone at least 346, and the higher the better. If we only get 5, we might go do some dungeon achievements or something.

Sorry, there are a lot of variables. I'll put it this way, if you're horde and level capped, we'll see what we can do. (And of course either Alarra or I will need to have a RealID to invite if you're not on Argent Dawn US. Feel free to PM if you're interested, I don't expect anyone to post it publically.)

24. - Top - End - #324

Heroic Zonozz Progression.
    We had a few good attempts where we got him below 3 million. I think we'll get him tonight. We changed up how we were handling the adds, everything started to come together. The only problem we seem to be having is our Holy Paladin. One day she can heal through 7 stacks, another day she can't. One pull, she can move and heal well enough that people stay alive on her side, another pull she can't. I'd say we've had about two thirds of our pulls were due to this person. We've done our best to minimize her travel distance and number of targets, now she's running OOM every pull. I think if we can solve her issue this is going to go down much better.

Next up, Heroic Gunship/Blackhorn. If we down Zonozz quickly, and clear down the rest quickly enough, we'll probably do a few pulls tonight. Sadly it is a short raid week for us this week, as we will be missing a tank on thursday. Oh well, it wouldn't be Firelands Legendary Farming night without having to pug a new tank every week.

It's a daunting and ego boosting thought to think that next tuesday we will be obligated to clear 5/8 heroic in one night to continue our progression. I'm rather proud of us. If we make 6/8 we get back into the top 15, and if we hurry up on Deathwing we could maybe make the top 10.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-03-14 at 09:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Back into the top 15? Is that just on your server??

We are 3/8 heroic, and "tied" for first (we are first on our faction, second overall since we got our last kill later on)... I guess every server is different.

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Back into the top 15? Is that just on your server??

We are 3/8 heroic, and "tied" for first (we are first on our faction, second overall since we got our last kill later on)... I guess every server is different.
    Yes, that is top 15 on my server. Our top 5 guilds are 8/8, then there are about 10-12 or so guilds that are 7/8, then a bunch that are 6/8 and so on. Heroic, obviously.
    www.wowprogress.com
    Area 52. The server is ranked I think 20th? My old server is ranked somewhere around 140th. Yeah, that was a good move on my part.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also is it all out PvP or only Alliance V Hoard? Is there reward/Losses from killing/being killed in Field pvP?
    Thanks
    I know it's been a couple of days, but I still wanted to respond to this. My main character is on a PvP server (Ursin), but with a fairly low population and all the portals in the capital cities, I don't see very much PvP anymore. It was a little bit more while I was leveling but not that much. You probably won't see PvP very often on a low-population server, and I'm not sure you would even on a high one. Cataclysm seems to have less overlap with Horde and Alliance questing zones (well, no more Hillsbrad, at least), so if you like PvP, I'd play a lot of battlegrounds. It's what I do these days.

Raids are instanced, so no PvP there. It's restricted to Alliance vs. Horde, but you can challenge an individual from your faction to a duel if you want and they're willing. The only rewards are a little bit of honor, which is so little as to be basically insignificant. You can buy PvP gear with honor (and there are "starter sets" at high levels that can be crafted). You don't lose anything other than repair costs and time.

28. - Top - End - #328

Well I just looked at wow progress... our server is 244 ranked (do I get a prize for being in the bottom 3?) Although the server below us has a more progressed guild... but fewer overall guilds.
    Area 52. The server is ranked I think 20th? My old server is ranked somewhere around 140th. Yeah, that was a good move on my part.
    Personally, the reduced strain on my computer and the lack of competition for farming stuff outweighs the unstable (and rather brutal) AH or the ability to pick up someone competent.
    Last edited by subanark; 2012-03-14 at 12:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the help answering my questions.

I just switched to Arthas-US server, with hopes a RL friend of mine will get a resurrection scroll and come back to the game to play a bit (left when he had a kid). If anyone here is on that server, and wants to run a low level character EST nights let me know :) Sosray and Sosrey are two of my guys.

I plan on getting a few different guys to 20(warlock, Pally, Druid, Shaman), then getting the battle chest sub for a month to see how it goes.

Looking forward to PvP. I remember field PvP keeping farming interesting:) PvP is only Horde vs Alliance correct? Do most people only play races from one side? Is grouping limited to just your faction? Ie can you have a Gnome and Troll in the same raid?

Thanks

30. - Top - End - #330

Is grouping limited to just your faction? Ie can you have a Gnome and Troll in the same raid?
    Thanks
    You may not group or directly trade with members of the opposing faction. Talking is only possible if you have real-id (no wispers, no channel talk, if they say something it will be mangled, although you can still use non-custom emotes). Trading is only possible by using the neutral AH, and you risk someone sniping an item you put up there for someone else.