New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Didn't down H Zonozz last night. Had to pug a backup tank who's off-spec wasn't all that great. We solved the problem of the Pally healer only to have the Shaman healer's performance go straight into the toilet. I was playing with a severe headache last night, watching all manner of sloppy performance and just stupid mistakes killing us. No one felt like playing better I guess, because no matter how much the officers commented on it, the sloppy stuff continued.

Example-Warlock Portal.
    We have warlocks going two directions. We would tell them before the pull, several times, to go and drop their portals where they need to be. They wouldn't until we nagged them into doing it. During the attempt, when it was time to split off, they would never use the portal. Nope, they both thought it was better to just run the whole time, wasting a solid 10 seconds of DPS.
    Now some of you are going to say, oh, that 10 seconds is no big deal.
    On Zonozz, when you have to kill those adds quickly, or the high damage continues, losing 10 seconds is brutal. On the entire raid. Also, I would be in position to heal my assignment. The lock on my side would not be in range, because he was still running. This lead to some extremely close calls for that warlock on pretty much every pull. Discussing this with the warlocks managed to net me a resounding "meh" from them.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Now some of you are going to say, oh, that 10 seconds is no big deal.
    Oh 10 secs is big. Playing as a mage as my main, I use blink as much as possible.

Personally my guild still has yet to have the same 10 people two weeks in a row, so we've only managed 1/8 HM, although we have been killing DW without difficulty for weeks. I think we have it settled now, so hopefully we can make some progress on it.

On my server, I *think* theres an Ally guild who is 8/8 HM, then a couple guilds that are around 4-7/8 HM. So sadly my guild can still be like 15th best with only 1/8 :P Gotta love Dark Iron.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Oh 10 secs is big. Playing as a mage as my main, I use blink as much as possible.
    And it's made worse if he gets the Debuff. I tried telling people, turn your back in the direction you want to go if you get the debuff when running to position, so that when you are dispelled you go where you want to go rather than being knocked back and delayed. Nope. So if anyone running (and not using the lock portal) got the debuff due to odd timing (it happens, infrequently but it happens), then I have two problems.
    I have to heal someone who is out of range while keeping myself and the other person who didn't fail at running at full health. And somehow reach the other guy and heal him. And dispell him, which will send that person hurtling back, delaying them all the more. All of which then delays my usage of Tranquility (if it's time to use that cooldown) or I have to shift out of treeform to go cat + dash to catch up to the slow person in time to save them from the debuff, which basically denies me that cooldown.

Would you believe I didn't lose anyone on my side all night long, AND I was keeping in range to help out with tank healing? I was essentially healing all 10 people, pretty much all the time. The pally only had to heal 3 people, ever, the shaman only had to heal 4 people, ever.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Halfling in the Playground

Would you believe I didn't lose anyone on my side all night long, AND I was keeping in range to help out with tank healing? I was essentially healing all 10 people, pretty much all the time. The pally only had to heal 3 people, ever, the shaman only had to heal 4 people, ever.
    That's pretty much how my last two guilds were like. I had to do the majority of the healing and usually put myself on the most difficult assignments because I could never trust the other healers to do their jobs right.

5. - Top - End - #335

Another guild on our server got Sinstra server first yesterday... looks like we are now going to try and get rags heroic first now.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    Tentatively interested. Something in the back of my mind says I have something to do that day family-related, though I don't have anything on my calendar...
    My wife also has nothing noted on her calendar for Saturday evening. (She did have something for Saturday afternoon that I didn't.) So I should be good to go for this. As last time, I'll need a short afk moment somewhere between 9-10, whenever we finally decide to tell the kids it's bedtime.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Found a hilt!! It only took like 14 hours of FoS trash farming, too. Much better than some other horror stories of "It took me X weeks" (though I think those were told during Wrath, when farming trash was actually a thing that could be difficult). My death knight is now goin' round rocking a Quel'Delar-lookin greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    You can do old world raids cross-realm now. It takes less than fifteen minutes to two man Onyxia for Gleaming Quel'Serrar.
    Problem is, that's one-handed, and the only other character I'd be able to use it on already has the original . Though, if I could, I'd farm another Quel'delar (1h this time) and dual wield it with Quel'serrar. That'd be pretty nifty...

Speaking of old raids, I'd like to get back into Naxx 25 if anyone's interested. I'm sort of collecting the full Tier 7.5 DK set (the black/brown/red one), and also looking for a weapon that would look good with it (stumped so far).
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-03-15 at 02:15 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #338

Congrats!!
    What's next? Fox Kit? Camel horder? Or did you just want to look cool?

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Found a hilt!! It only took like 14 hours of FoS trash farming, too. Much better than some other horror stories of "It took me X weeks" (though I think those were told during Wrath, when farming trash was actually a thing that could be difficult). My death knight is now goin' round rocking a Quel'Delar-lookin greatsword.
    Nice, congrats on getting it. I would never have that kind of patience. (Or that much free time, even.)

Speaking of old raids, I'd like to get back into Naxx 25 if anyone's interested. I'm sort of collecting the full Tier 7.5 DK set (the black/brown/red one), and also looking for a weapon that would look good with it (stumped so far).
    You should totally go and solo Naxx Mione-style.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    My wife also has nothing noted on her calendar for Saturday evening. (She did have something for Saturday afternoon that I didn't.) So I should be good to go for this. As last time, I'll need a short afk moment somewhere between 9-10, whenever we finally decide to tell the kids it's bedtime.
    Awesome!
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

11. - Top - End - #341

@Firelord Title
    Rather than have the farm people and some pugs on for Firelands legendary farming, we actually had the entire A-Team on. Wow. 6/7 Heroic bosses dead in under 90 minutes.

So, having delved back into Firelands for some Heroic Ragnaros attempts... It is looking promising. Phase 2 was utterly stopping us before when it was current. Something about Seed phase was just murdering people. Well, not anymore. Granted, it's still shakey, but survivable. We are already working on Phase 3 after 10 attempts. Ah, progress.

Also, our Mage broke 160K on Heroic Alysrazor. He was pleased. I'm kind of curious what his damage is like on just the downed part, with the full buff, all cooldowns and Timewarp popped. I think my meter would just replace the numbers with merely the word "redonkulous" or "Shazaam"

12. - Top - End - #342

We've decided to do firelands heroic too (gogo server first). Never actually tried rags on heroic, so we will have to see how it goes.

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    We've decided to do firelands heroic too (gogo server first). Never actually tried rags on heroic, so we will have to see how it goes.
    Challenging. I honestly think Sinestra was harder. More stuff to manage and takes considerable amounts of coordination. Don't get me wrong, H Rags is still tough, but he's tough in a different way. Most of his damage is avoidable, if your guild can focus on avoiding damage, you can 2 heal it on 10 man. If your average ilevel in your raid is 395+ you're doing great.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Expf View Post
    Nice, congrats on getting it. I would never have that kind of patience. (Or that much free time, even.)

You should totally go and solo Naxx Mione-style.
    I would if I could, but I can't get in without someone else to help make a raid group . Dumb raid restrictions grumble grumble.
    Morning Star

15. - Top - End - #345

I would if I could, but I can't get in without someone else to help make a raid group . Dumb raid restrictions grumble grumble.
    Invite someone to your group.
    Convert to raid.
    Walk in.
    Other person is free to leave.
    You maybe have to inconvenience someone for all of a matter of 30 seconds.

Better yet, invite someone just as they are logging off. Enter raid. They log off. Done.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Just a reminder that we're trying to pull together a BWD achievement run Saturday night at 8PM eastern. If we don't get what we need, we'll do something else, so it's worth coming along and it was a ton of fun when we did BoT.

(Side Note: Ventrilo is very handy for these kinds of things. I will provide ventrilo information during the raid formation, but please try to have it installed already before Saturday if you're interested in coming along. http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php)
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

17. - Top - End - #347

Invite someone to your group.
    Convert to raid.
    Walk in.
    Other person is free to leave.
    You maybe have to inconvenience someone for all of a matter of 30 seconds.

Better yet, invite someone just as they are logging off. Enter raid. They log off. Done.
    Don't you get kicked out if you wipe in the raid?

I made a separate (Starter Edition) account just for this -- I just invite my level 10 alt to the group and keep him in there. It saves me the trouble of finding someone who's willing to spare the 30 seconds of time. (Sometimes there just aren't any guildies / friends online.)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Don't you get kicked out if you wipe in the raid?

I made a separate (Starter Edition) account just for this -- I just invite my level 10 alt to the group and keep him in there. It saves me the trouble of finding someone who's willing to spare the 30 seconds of time. (Sometimes there just aren't any guildies / friends online.)
    Pretty much this - my friend's list is barren with the exception of Zeb and Alarra (I blame server decay) and my guild is just as empty, except it's just me anymore. Though the separate starter account sounds like a great idea; I just need to get WoW installed on the lappy and I should be golden.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally I have some free time again after a month of hell at uni (but at least I will now potentially live forever as a chemical compound might be named after me) so I was wondering if there are any GitP realID events happening on the EU side of the pond?
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-03-17 at 10:23 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

20. - Top - End - #350

Pretty much this - my friend's list is barren with the exception of Zeb and Alarra (I blame server decay) and my guild is just as empty, except it's just me anymore. Though the separate starter account sounds like a great idea; I just need to get WoW installed on the lappy and I should be golden.
    You can run multiple windows of the game on the same computer.

I'm rather forgetful ... sometimes I open a new window to log into my alt account and forget to select the alt account name, and end up DCing myself hah.

21. - Top - End - #351

Things have gotten a bit Fuzzy
    Spoiler
    Show

Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #352
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show

Must be a female Pandaren, of a red panda base instead of a giant panda (Blizzard does know they're unrelated species, right?). Gotta say, she's..

quite foxy.

23. - Top - End - #353

@Pandaren Models and abilities
    I like it. I'm going to play a male Brewmaster with a DPS off-spec. But that said, I'm pretty sure the catch phrase is going to be "at least they aren't female Worgen."

@New Models
    Not now but soon. My hopes is that they finish before launch. But even if it just drops in a future patch, thats sounds pretty awesome. It makes sense too, not dropping it on people as part of an upgrade to an expansion.

@New Events
    Spoiler
    Show
    Garrosh will be removed one way or another. Alright. As long as Jaina survives, I'm okay with this. I'm actually a bit annoyed that Garrosh did nothing all expansion past launch, and is now being evicted. I had high hopes for the son of Hellscream.

@Beta
    Can't wait.

@Weekend Progress
    Picked up some of the more annoying non-meta achievements in Ulduar 25. Also cleared 5/6 H BWD. Working more on H Nef tonight, followed by H Throne and H Al'Akir, and Glory of the Cataclysm Raider. All in all, I've managed to jump from just over 12K to 12300 in a matter of a few days.
    Oh, and I finally got my Raven Lord mount! And my Polar Bear!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

You can run multiple windows of the game on the same computer.

I'm rather forgetful ... sometimes I open a new window to log into my alt account and forget to select the alt account name, and end up DCing myself hah.
    If it weren't for what happened about eight hours ago, I would have said "Oh! This is nice then!"; as for what happened earlier, apparently my computer ...greyscreened? or something, during Warcraft 3, and it froze again when I fired up Borderlands; I don't know what caused either, but it didn't happen with WoW. I'm thinking maybe full screen causes something to overheat, and I'm not sure what having two copies of WoW going at once would do to it. One copy sent most of the components up to 68-72C, but I didn't notice any signs of overheating...

I'll give it a shot, though.

Edit: The temp goes up, but at a normal rate, so I'm going to assume it's not an overheating issue, at least one WoW won't cause.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-03-19 at 11:52 AM.
    Morning Star

25. - Top - End - #355

They mention that warcrimes will happen on "one" side. I am kind of wondering if it is actually the Alliance that this happens to, and as a result causes Garrosh to go completely insane.

Do you think that orcs will remain the dominate race of the Horde? The faction leader may fall to one of the others.

I'm not going to create a Panda monk, only because I expect everyone else too. I'll roll up an undead monk on my main server and a Panda Shaman on another (just to go though the starting area).

26. - Top - End - #356

If it weren't for what happened about eight hours ago, I would have said "Oh! This is nice then!"; as for what happened earlier, apparently my computer ...greyscreened? or something, during Warcraft 3, and it froze again when I fired up Borderlands; I don't know what caused either, but it didn't happen with WoW. I'm thinking maybe full screen causes something to overheat, and I'm not sure what having two copies of WoW going at once would do to it. One copy sent most of the components up to 68-72C, but I didn't notice any signs of overheating...

I'll give it a shot, though.

Edit: The temp goes up, but at a normal rate, so I'm going to assume it's not an overheating issue, at least one WoW won't cause.
    The tell-tale signs of a dying graphics card. Hope it's still on warranty!

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    They mention that warcrimes will happen on "one" side. I am kind of wondering if it is actually the Alliance that this happens to, and as a result causes Garrosh to go completely insane.
    I've heard that Garrosh is going to order some big time assault on Theramore. Hence why I said in my spoiler that I sincerely hope Jaina survives. Jaina dying would really piss off Varian Wrynn, I'm certain of it. Again, I REALLY hope she survives. This isn't really a spoiler since it was common knowledge since last blizzcon.
    Why does Theramore get attacked? *shrug* How is this a war crime when it's an assault on a target of military and strategic importance? *shrug* I don't forsee Garrosh doing anything completely horrible like (intentionally) harming innocents, given his stance on the matter in Stonetalon Mountains.
    I could see a bit of tit-for-tat that just gets a bit too far. Makes you just a little bit curious who goes to far first though. Oh how I look forward to the rage-fest that will fill the official forums once this all gets going. There's gonna be SOOOOOOO many ban hammer fests, let me tell you. Doesn't matter who starts it.

Just reading on Wowpedia.org
    The patch in which we take out Garrosh will be the LAST patch of MoP, not Cataclysm. Ah, okay, this is starting to make a bit more sense now. I should clarify, he is not the final boss of the expansion, just that the event to go from MoP into next expansion involves taking Garrosh out of the equasion.
    As during MoP, apparently the Horde gives Guns and Rocket launchers to the Mogu. Which is a parallel to giving guns and rocket launchers to small children in the terrorrist regimes around the world. Yeah, that's a warcrime. Is that Garrosh or the Goblins? Who knows, but Garrosh is still going to be held responsible either way. I'm sure there will be more screw ups along these lines.

Do you think that orcs will remain the dominate race of the Horde? The faction leader may fall to one of the others.
    You know, that is actually a really great question. If Thrall remains away from his title of Warchief for a while, I could see Voljin or Baine Bloodhoof doing really well in that position instead. Sylvanas is a no. Just no.
    Part of me wants Thrall to come back, part of me wants to see him continue on his path, at least for a little bit longer. Maybe he comes back midway through the expansion, rather than at the beginning.
    It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Thrall and Malfurion. I really hope these characters are out doing stuff in MoP, and not returning to boring posts of leadership. Though I say the same of so many characters, like Jaina, Lor'Themar Theron, Tirande, etc.

Can't wait for Beta. Really really.

28. - Top - End - #358

I'm sure they do mean last major content patch of MoP, not the transition patch (the pre-patch for MoP will be 5.0). So he will either be the final boss of the xpac, or maybe we will fight the true evil that is controlling him.

As for who will make the best leader for the horde is not who will get it. What better way to add tension to a story than to make the leader who is more likely to be an ass about something. I could see Sylvanas taking up this position... maybe she gets a bit less greedy about turning everyone into the undead.

In any case the orcs will need a race leader even if he/she isn't the faction leader. I was thinking of the leader of the dragonmaw clan, but it was mentioned that "Garrosh came from Outlands. The green skinned orcs where never really his people" (approximately what was said). So, that might leave her out of the picture. Maybe some mythical hero of the past will come back and lead the orcs?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

My thoughts on Garrosh:

•Devastating "Sha" energy, a physical manifestation of negative emotions that has been locked away for thousands of years, is brought to the surface once war comes to Pandaria's shores.
    •As King Varian Wrynn struggles to unite the Alliance for a meaningful counter-attack, Garrosh Hellscream will battle to turn the disparate parts of the Horde into a frenzied killing machine.
    •Telling a complete story arc, the Pandaren Campaign will climax in a raid that will reset the balance of power in the world of Azeroth.
    •Finally, Sha is a dark energy unique to Pandaria, a legacy left behind by the last pandaren emperor. Fear, doubt, despair, anger, violence, and hatred are all emotions associated with the Sha -- emotions that can manifest themselves physically if left unchecked. Unwary mortals can become possessed by negative Sha energy, becoming embodiments of pure anger or fear. When the Alliance and Horde bring their war to the shores of Pandaria, these negative emotions threaten to engulf the continent.

---
    Just random things I have found on the press releases and is a tinfoil hat theory.

As to the new Warchief, I think it has to be an orc. Orcs are still the majority race of the Horde. As to who it could be? Eitrigg perhaps, or his son Ariok?

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

•Finally, Sha is a dark energy unique to Pandaria, a legacy left behind by the last pandaren emperor. Fear, doubt, despair, anger, violence, and hatred are all emotions associated with the Sha -- emotions that can manifest themselves physically if left unchecked. Unwary mortals can become possessed by negative Sha energy, becoming embodiments of pure anger or fear. When the Alliance and Horde bring their war to the shores of Pandaria, these negative emotions threaten to engulf the continent.
    That would really make sense, and explain why the Pandaren are generally such a peaceful race
    a) they don'T have very much negative Sha energy, and are thus peaceful or
    b) they HAVE to remain peaceful, or they will upset the Sha balance

As for Warchief, Ithink they at least hinted at Thrall coming back. Well, they said he IS coming back, only not in which capacity. I hope Warchief. Imagine, the aspect of earth as warchief of the Horde.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!