New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So... im stuck on it optimizing the game for me, its at 0% and holding steady. Is it safe to cancel it since it hasnt actually dont anything yet?
    I think so and just restart it.

If Windows pops up a window about allowing access to Blizzard, let it, if you didn't (like just closing it out) then that could be a reason why its stuck at 0%.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    The colossal game breaking monstrosity that is 5.0.4 or just a small standard patch?
    5.0.4 was announced to drop today. They announced that it would drop today, 2 weeks ago. I would assume that means it's 5.0.4 today.
    But I will further back up that it's 5.0.4, I patched up this morning, new launcher, new loading screen, etc.

It's not going to be game breaking anyway. The only encounter that may be become slightly easier is Spine of Deathwing on Heroic, due to the dispel change. Which trivializes a single mechanic which was already trivial to begin with.

PvP might be a mess for a few days though. Oh well.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #1053

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    It's not going to be game breaking anyway. The only encounter that may be become slightly easier is Spine of Deathwing on Heroic, due to the dispel change. Which trivializes a single mechanic which was already trivial to begin with.
    Are you sure Class balance will still be remotely balanced? Everything will be balanced for level 90, not 85 which can make an impact on some classes being a lot more powerful.

Also the hunters needing expertise is this patch if I am not mistaken, which means they need to get (I think) 7.5% pretty quickly. Now you can have both rings be useful to you! :P
    Boo!

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Colossus in the Playground

this aoe looting thing would be awesome as hell if it expanded a bit to say, aoe skinning. :p Though that would likely be considered highly exploitable by asses that like to follow along stealing skins.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #1055

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Are you sure Class balance will still be remotely balanced? Everything will be balanced for level 90, not 85 which can make an impact on some classes being a lot more powerful.

Also the hunters needing expertise is this patch if I am not mistaken, which means they need to get (I think) 7.5% pretty quickly. Now you can have both rings be useful to you! :P
    1-The PvP season is already over, raiding is winding down. That said, the base 30% PvP damage reduction starts today, which might mitigate some of the imbalances, at least in the short term.
    2-7.5% is not the 8% cap. Meaning people will likely have leftover hit to reforge off. That said, I recall hearing that some hit was going to be translated over to Expertise on a few items. You don't even need a full 7.5% hit if your Expertise is high enough.
    3-It's a month. The same things happened going from: Vanilla to BC, BC to Wrath, Wrath to Cata. They use this period (again, a month) to basically test out in a live environment, and get feedback for fixes which will likely come shortly after MoP releases.

Isle of Theramore events are likely out next week or week after. So either the 4th or the 11th. My money is on the 4th.

I have 17 days of ToC dailies and I'm done with them. It feels like an achievement to say that. I have to pick up a few more dailies between now and MoP, and max out all my fragment stockpiles for Archeology and I'm set.

@AoE Looting and AoE Skinning
    Spoiler
    Show

Ye gots te be schneeky
    Spoiler
    Show

They said that they may allow AoE skinning at some point, but it isn't really on the radar right now. That said, if you want to block those not nice people who follow you and skin your stuff, don't loot until they are gone. Be patient and wait them out.

If you want a great application of AoE Looting to make some money with pets, go to hillsbrad foothills. Find the spawn point of the horses that run out there. Cast a spammable AoE while standing on that spawn point. As long as you kill all the horses of a pack, the entire pack will respawn. Loot. You have a 5% chance per horse of getting a Cat Carrier (Tabby Cat) which sells for about 10K. And I tested it on Beta, the didn't nerf the spawn or the drop chance, so take advantage of it while you can. I give them 2 days before they catch on. Maybe 3. Just don't flood the AH with 20 cats at a time. Horde them, sell them one at a time, keep a stockpile until after Mists.

Oh, and if you chose to skin all those horses... yeah, bring empty bags Bring your hearthstone and your skinning knife, that is it. You'll probably fill everything in very short order. Enjoy selling leather in MoP when Leatherworking becomes a very popular choice for starting Monks.

Last edited by Karoht; 2012-08-28 at 12:46 PM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #1056

Yeah I know you can just wait, but its annoying as hell to have some moron shadow you and wait for you to loot mobs. Oh, and I got to experience my favorite annoyance. If I shrink down the game while im flying from flight master to flight master, and I dont bring the game up before I land, I get disconnected. God thats annoying, I have to either stare at the screen for 5 minutes as i flap my way through the continent, or log back in later on.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #1057

Yeah I know you can just wait, but its annoying as hell to have some moron shadow you and wait for you to loot mobs. Oh, and I got to experience my favorite annoyance. If I shrink down the game while im flying from flight master to flight master, and I dont bring the game up before I land, I get disconnected. God thats annoying, I have to either stare at the screen for 5 minutes as i flap my way through the continent, or log back in later on.
    Odd, the minute I started playing in Windowed mode (for streaming) that problem completely went away. Is that an option you can try? Or are you already running windowed and having that issue?

8. - Top - End - #1058

PirateCaptain

1-The PvP season is already over, raiding is winding down.
    I assumed by the term "game breaking" he meant the impact on either pvp or raiding which is what I was responding to. I don't know if they are trying to down HM DW for the first time or getting more mounts or whatever. I honestly thought pvp season went for another day which caused some qqing, although I could be mis-remembering or they changed it. I was not into pvp this go around so I didn't pay any real attention to it.

good money making tip, I will need to do that tomorrow (damn night classes lol).
    Boo!

9. - Top - End - #1059

Odd, the minute I started playing in Windowed mode (for streaming) that problem completely went away. Is that an option you can try? Or are you already running windowed and having that issue?
    I run the game on full screen mode, then when I fly I hit my window button which shrinks it down to my program bar so I can do things like read my fanfiction or whatever for a minute or two while I wait.

10. - Top - End - #1060

My reactions to patch stuff. Also a quick stream test.
    http://www.livestream.com/karoht/vid...1-b9838333ddd6

Highlights
    -Iron Bark does not replace Barkskin. And they stack. Hit Iron Bark, Barkskin, and Might of Ursoc, might be able to survive a big hit like Hour of Twilight or something.
    -Dash, Prowl, Might of Ursoc only require a 1 button push. As in, push Dash, it throws you into cat form and Dashes.
    -Stampeding Roar while flying. This could lead to some fun pranks.
    "Permission to buzz the tower sir"
    -Mushroom placing is really easy now. Totally different than when I last saw it on Beta.
    -Natures Grasp + Glyph = Lots of rooting.
    -I kill myself trying to show off Treants.
    -Stag Dancing.
    -Imaginary Bloodlust.

And stuff.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-08-28 at 09:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061

My poor hunter can no longer equip melee weapons as well as a bow. Thankfully, my bow can fire at any range, so it doesnt matter now, just a loss of extra stats. My pet is back to kicking ass taunt wise at least.

12. - Top - End - #1062

PirateCaptain

My poor hunter can no longer equip melee weapons as well as a bow. Thankfully, my bow can fire at any range, so it doesnt matter now, just a loss of extra stats. My pet is back to kicking ass taunt wise at least.
    Everyone lost a slot, most people lost range, relics, and hunters lost melee.

So it should roughly be equal.
    Boo!

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Keeping in mind that stats on Ranged weapons was boosted to match Melee weapons, of course.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Logged on today to play with the new patch. Most of the stuff that bugged the crap out of me was addon related, though I could not for the life of me figure out what was making my tooltip be directly on top of my character and it was reeeeeeeally annoying.

The biggest change that actually really bugged me is that I went from having 2 aoe damage spells to 0.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Logged on today to play with the new patch. Most of the stuff that bugged the crap out of me was addon related, though I could not for the life of me figure out what was making my tooltip be directly on top of my character and it was reeeeeeeally annoying.

The biggest change that actually really bugged me is that I went from having 2 aoe damage spells to 0.
    that sounds wrong. what class?
    Part of the "Raise Nale and Let Him Serve Life in Prison" fan-club

"The only reason why people didn't like Durkon before was because he is the only member of the group that doesn't commit evil, like hurting others, or breaking the rules for giggles. I.E.' He's not cool'"

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

Alarra is a disc priest. I noticed yesterday that the Holy Nova spell comes from the Major Glyph.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyone else experiencing crash to desktop display bugs since the 5.0.4 patch?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Orc in the Playground

Glyph of Lightspring is so hilariously awesome with its auto heal feature from the short test I did with it. Might actually pick holy as my heal spec over disc this expansion due to it.

Liking demonology and affliction warlocks so much right now. Soulburned soul swap is awesome (and I actually think unglyphed is better for that). Said I wasn't going to do the whole lock tank thing last night but our tank left (got what he came for) and so I ended up switching to DA form and split tanking (with the voidlord) most of the rest of the run (5 man) without issues. For when I got to play normally dancing b/t meta and caster form was enjoyable.

New trap launcher toggle is my favorite hunter change. Though camo glyph is a close second.

Not a fan of the resilience change (though when more PvP power is available that may change) but I will say that + new second wind made PvP on the warrior the most fun I've had in WoW in a good long while.

19. - Top - End - #1069

So, can somebody explain to me how this warlock tank thing works?

Also, just checked the changes on my druid. Stag form's awesome. Incarnation's awesome. Then there's those minor glyphs. Orca form, treant form... All awesome.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Orc in the Playground

There is a glyph called Dark Apotheosis that gives a 2nd form next to Meta for demo locks. You gain around 20% physical DR with decent mastery, 15% magic DR, 500% threat, and nether plating like meta. Some of your spells change and your soulshatter becomes a taunt. You DO NOT gain crit immunity so you're unlikely to go raid tanking physical damage bosses unless you overgear the content.

You have some active mitigation (fury ward), fear becomes sleep (that has a chance to break with damage like fear), and you have plenty of AE threat for basic stuff. Warlocks also have access to some defensive cooldowns that make it work alright. You can stay in DA even at 0 fury. If you've seen any locks with shadowy/smokey wings on their back that's DA. Your damage is gimped in this form as you don't have the huge mastery damage bonus you have in meta.

A tank spec for warrior, DK, paladin, and druid is superior (and monk will be too) as they're crit immune and have more tanking tools in their arsenal. You're basically slightly better than a fury/arms warrior grabbing a shield and going into defensive stance or a frost DK switching to blood.

The voidlord is a superior tank to the DA lock if its being supported by you in meta/DA form because it inherits your nice armor value and has a super shield block ability. The voidlord also hits like a truck in comparison to voidwalker damage in Cataclysm.

What I was doing was using my voidlord to grab threat on the most damaging thing then grabbing up all the adds myself. I would toggle soul link during certain parts so the voidlord could get some healing if it got very low (as the healer wasn't watching it).
    Last edited by illyrus; 2012-08-29 at 04:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Logged on today to play with the new patch. Most of the stuff that bugged the crap out of me was addon related...
    The only thing stopping me from streaming some dungeons or raids right now is the addons not ready yet. Once they are back up and good to go I will be significantly more active.

You lost Prayer of Healing? As Disc? Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    So, can somebody explain to me how this warlock tank thing works?
    It doesn't. Anyone saying it does is trolling you.

You can however do what we call "Hail Mary Pass" Tanking. Boss has just a smidge of health left, you pop all your survival, pet tanks followed by you tanking, to buy the rest of the team another 5-10 seconds to kill the boss with.
    Rogues call it Evasion Tanking. They can reliably pull off about 10-15 seconds, healing output not withstanding.
    It's also refered to as a Chimaeron Last Stand.

Stag form's awesome. Incarnation's awesome. Then there's those minor glyphs. Orca form, treant form... All awesome.
    I am entirely convinced that Druids managed to net the most and arguably the best changes. So many quality of life changes, some amazing new visual stuff, a few quirky toys, and some amazing tools. And as far as talents and glyphs go, most of them were rolled into our abilities automatically. Which is awesome. We really lost very little.

Spoilers below are just for length.

I'm sad to see a few tools go missing from Resto.
    Spoiler
    Show

Insect Swarm being one, but I'm not so miffed about that, as now I only need to apply one DoT if I want to help out, not two.
    Thorns is another, but it usually just went on the tanks as often as I could spare the GCD when the cooldown came up. It actually contributed rather a lot of damage on trash packs and in most dungeons or add-heavy boss phases.
    Not having a choice between Healing Mushrooms and Damaging Mushrooms kind of bothers me. It means that Druids don't really get a 'skill shot' sort of ability, but then again, the damage from mushrooms while in Resto wasn't major, so that's probably why it went away. Oh well, I get an excellent burst/AoE healing tool, so I'm not really all that bothered.
    No Rage button to get a quick dose of rage, no built in Bear Stun anymore. It only came up on one fight in particular for me, namely Heroic Ragnaros, but it was fun to take advantage of.
    Ursol's Vortex, the graphic is very small when compared to the actual area of effect. That will take a bit of getting used to.

Stuff I am excited about?
    Spoiler
    Show

-One button pushes for lots of my tools which require shapeshifting. It's like they are trying to make shapeshifting more relevant again. Glyph of Shapeshifting as a Major Glyph actually kind of makes sense now.
    -Ursol's Vortex + Typhoon. As a Resto Druid, this means I now have to learn more than just pushing buttons to keep people alive. I now have to learn to snare and knockback mobs whenever we need that (there are a LOT of fights where add control/kiting is a big deal, all coming up in MoP), and basically gives me another way to help contribute to my raid.
    -Healing Mushrooms are easier to place, and Detonate/Bloom is off the GCD now. Healing at 85, it looks pretty decent, but you HAVE to think ahead with these. I personally would aim for 3 mushrooms every 20 seconds at first.
    -Ironbark and Barkskin. Pain Suppression for Druids, + Self Pain Suppression for Druids. And they stack!
    -Stag form lets you cast Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex, and probably a few more.

@PvP Talents
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, actually, they aren't. Encounter design for PvE has been stand there, do job, avoid fire, stand still, continue. PvP has always been about mobility. Now PvE is having mobility be far more relevant. Being an uber-mobile class but having very few encounters which took advantage of that mobility seemed rather odd, now I get to put that knowledge (of how to move and heal and do other things all at once) to actual use. And so is every other class, rather than being so incredibly bound to standing still to do something.
    Anyone who doesn't see the value in some of these talents, truthfully does not know their class very well. No really.
    This also pokes a rather large hole in the arguement that they are 'watering down' the classes with the new talent system. If anything, there is much more for each class to learn how to do correctly. Sure, you can pat your head really well, and you might even be able to rub your tummy from time to time. But can you do both, well, all the time, and still have the coordination and teamwork with your friends? The decisions are far more important than they have ever been, each choice is relevant, and as fars as PvE goes, they are situational and fluid.

/excited = off
    /rant = off

22. - Top - End - #1072

I am honestly more than a little pissed off by the changes. Not because they are bad, but because I am being driven insane trying to sort out my high level characters again. My warlock is cool and all, but I cant seem to find many dot spells on my affliction spec. I liked being able to stack 3-4 dots or more and then go take a nap. The new pets are pretty kickass though. Im also enjoying playing around with the talent that summons random imps to help me out. I think I have gotten as many as 6 out at once. Things go boom FAST. But god is it annoying when you have a high level of every class, trying to figure out what changed, and decide what specs are best, and what abilities I am working with now.

23. - Top - End - #1073

You lost Prayer of Healing? As Disc? Odd.
    No. I still have prayer of healing. I have my aoe heals still. I lost aoe damage, so holy nova and mind sear. I admit that I haven't looked at the glyphs though. I could care less about holy nova really, but I used mind sear ALL the time.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

24. - Top - End - #1074

No. I still have prayer of healing. I have my aoe heals still. I lost aoe damage, so holy nova and mind sear. I admit that I haven't looked at the glyphs though. I could care less about holy nova really, but I used mind sear ALL the time.
    Also odd, I think my Holy Spec (alternate spec of my Shadow Priest) still has it. Why they would give it to one and not the other is nothing but strange.

However Alarra, I do have a question for you. Do you plan on taking Divine Star, Cascade, or Halo?

On the Beta I thought Divine Star really filled a gap for Disc Priests and worked nicely alongside Pennance. But, Cascade was most excellent for when everyone was spread out to the far corners of a room, which seems to be happening more often in upcoming content as well.
    Thoughts?

25. - Top - End - #1075

I dunno, I couldn't find it.
    As to which talent.... I don't know. I admit that I hardly played around with the beta, in fact hadn't really logged on in the last three months. I don't really know what to expect with the new content to make a good decision. All three of them sound pretty neat though.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground

Btw, I was playing around with the priest's feather talent yesterday, and it seems pretty chainable. I would drop a feather, run through it, and drop another feather just as it was about to run out, keeping my movement speed increase. Definitely amusing, not sure if it's practical for much.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, picked this up again and decided to buy Pandaria because I guess SWTOR didn't turn out like I hoped. I haven't logged in since 4.0.6. I tried to go in and respec my talents (I have a paladin, a shaman, a warlock, a death knight, and a hunter). I have absolutely no friggin clue what to pick.

For the Shaman, it was pretty easy to see, "ah, they obviously meant this for the restoration or elemental spec", but for the Paladin it's like "why do I have to pick a bunch of healing and sheilding talents for a retribution Paladin"? I just kinda said "ahhhh" and logged off. I'll go look stuff up later.

I do like the sharing of mounts, though.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuu I want to play, but I likely won't be able to until the 16. Septembre. How's the new patch and the new talents so far?
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

29. - Top - End - #1079

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    For the Shaman, it was pretty easy to see, "ah, they obviously meant this for the restoration or elemental spec", but for the Paladin it's like "why do I have to pick a bunch of healing and sheilding talents for a retribution Paladin"? I just kinda said "ahhhh" and logged off. I'll go look stuff up later.
    Its called utility :p

They did that so people just don't go and look up the "best" talents and be done with it :p

Now you have a choice (that is the design goal and its working for the most part). This can vary for encounter or your raid comp, so apparently switching a talent or two is going to be pretty common.
    Boo!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

I think my Shadow Priest is complicated now >.< Before it was essentially Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague, then Mind Flay until I had 3 Shadow Orbs, then Mind Blast. Refresh DoTs, rinse and repeat. Now it's just weird with new talents, and that I lost Shadow Protection (no more resistances!) and that Vampiric Embrace is now a CD to pop, rather than a buff.. >.<

Loving my Balance/Guardian Druid though. Stag form for the winnage.. And also, I much rather being slightly shiny and starry-eyed rather than being a critchicken. xD But I had also gotten my Druid (which is my main) to 90 on the Beta, so there weren't really many surprises there.

Also I'd like to add that at 10-14 and 15-19 pvp brackets, shockadins (holy pallies using holy shock) are -very- OP. On my Prot Pally, who is fully loomed and level 10, got owned by another level 10 Holy Pally with -one- Holy Shock.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!