New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    Btw, I was playing around with the priest's feather talent yesterday, and it seems pretty chainable. I would drop a feather, run through it, and drop another feather just as it was about to run out, keeping my movement speed increase. Definitely amusing, not sure if it's practical for much.
    I remember people questioning the usefulness of Life-Grip back before Cata launched.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Atramedes <---Atramedes says hello. So do a bunch of fights that require quickly moving from one target to another, such as Ragnaros on his transition phases.
    Back before they nerfed it, having a Priest with Body and Soul in the group was more or less required, in addition to using one's own movement abilities.
    A chainable non-stop fast moving ability? Not sure if it's practical?
    Also, there are many fights requiring the kiting and management of mobs in MoP. I keep saying this, somehow no one seems to take notice.
    See my rant above regarding "PvP Talents" as everyone keeps calling them. Also, what Dublock said.

Healbot updated finally. I'm probably going to rock out a few dungeons today, see what I think of all this new awesomeness.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    I remember people questioning the usefulness of Life-Grip back before Cata launched.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Atramedes <---Atramedes says hello. So do a bunch of fights that require quickly moving from one target to another, such as Ragnaros on his transition phases.
    Back before they nerfed it, having a Priest with Body and Soul in the group was more or less required, in addition to using one's own movement abilities.
    A chainable non-stop fast moving ability? Not sure if it's practical?
    Also, there are many fights requiring the kiting and management of mobs in MoP. I keep saying this, somehow no one seems to take notice.
    See my rant above regarding "PvP Talents" as everyone keeps calling them. Also, what Dublock said.

Healbot updated finally. I'm probably going to rock out a few dungeons today, see what I think of all this new awesomeness.
    I'm not saying the ability itself has no uses. I'm just more discussing using it as an ability that the priest would use on themselves to do this.

I'm sure it has use. I assume a normal use of it would be to drop it outside melee in an "unsafe" zone, so that during a transition, they can use the speed increase to move to the safe zone much faster.

Kiting...maybe. Glyph Holy Fire to make it instant cast. The switching would be very tasking, but I see it being doable, I guess.

I could also see the priest using this on some other though, who might not normally have the best kiting ability, allowing them to dps and stay out of range.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So I was talking in /g and they said I should go Monk heals.

So I loaded up an alt with all the agi heirloom gear I owned to get to level 15, and then all the int stuff when I can start doing dungeons so I can learn how to heal before reaching MoP content.

Which means I have my Mage, Druid, Pally, and Rogue to level up as well as my monk for professions. I was not intending on leveling up so many, but oh well lol.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Also odd, I think my Holy Spec (alternate spec of my Shadow Priest) still has it. Why they would give it to one and not the other is nothing but strange.
    I'm apparently blind because I totally have mind sear.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Found a bug in Healbot, Tested and Verified a solution!
    Swiftmend, or any other effect that requires effect X on a target first, seems to not be activating upon load.
    Workaround:
    Load in as normal. Cast Rejuv on self, see if Swiftmend is functional. If not, take the following steps.
    1-Cast rejuv on yourself
    2-Immediately reload your UI. This can be done from the healbot menu, look for the big button that says ReloadUI.
    3-Check if Swiftmend is working. If not, repeat the above two steps.

Warning, any time you zone or reload your UI, odds are Swiftmend will stop working if it was before.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I didn't realize they had unlocked the Monk class yet.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Also I'd like to add that at 10-14 and 15-19 pvp brackets, shockadins (holy pallies using holy shock) are -very- OP. On my Prot Pally, who is fully loomed and level 10, got owned by another level 10 Holy Pally with -one- Holy Shock.
    Yeah... at 75+ when they can get Divine Purpose or Holy Avenger combined with the Harsh Words glyph where they can use WoG offensively it can be pretty bad too as you start getting strings of offensive 3 point WoGs.

Was #2 DPS and #1 heals in the last BG I played with the holy paladin post patch and I didn't even plan to dps going in. Healing was just so damn easy I started tossing out offensive WoG and holy shocks to help burst people down.
    Last edited by illyrus; 2012-08-30 at 03:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I didn't realize they had unlocked the Monk class yet.
    Nope, they did not. You can see the trainers but the monk class comes with MoP on the 25th.

So all you can do is get heirlooms ready, bags, and some gold to be sent to the monk asap and then level up the monk with the mad rush of people. I think I am going to avoid the wondering island and go with another race, but that means I gotta level hunter with a Panda (as I can't do it with warlock, and I am committed to a goblin priest to a friend).

I got a month to decide still.
    Boo!

9. - Top - End - #1089

Finally got to heal a few dungeons and hit up LFR.
    Mushrooms are VERY good healing. Any fight where people are required to group up, Mushrooms should be coming up at least in your top 4 heals.
    I do however expect them to nerf the target cap in some way. It's not OP, but I could see it getting a nerf to keep it from being OP.

Mage table no longer requires other people to click it?!!! Holy moley!
    Is the same true of Warlock portal stones and healthstones?

I might try for a full clear of DS normal this week/end. Stream that and see if the rumors of the nerf are true. I hear that on 25 man, normal mode bosses have less health than LFR bosses.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Orc in the Playground

Heathstones can be summoned without help, summoning still requires aid.

11. - Top - End - #1091

PirateCaptain

As a mage, I LOVE the change.

I *think* Healthstones you don't need anyone.

Portal stones, I *think* you need one more person.
    Boo!

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Colossus in the Playground

I think I will wait a couple weeks before getting the expansion and rolling a panda. I like to avoid the initial rush, but still have people running through the high end content when i am ready if I need help. I made the mistake of trying to roll a blood elf on opening day of tbc. Never, EVER, again. There were 12 of us standing around the spawn point of the quest mob named npc in the arcane tower area at level 5. Everyone was spamming their fastest abilities hoping to be the one to tag the mob. Ugh.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #1093

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I think I will wait a couple weeks before getting the expansion and rolling a panda. I like to avoid the initial rush, but still have people running through the high end content when i am ready if I need help. I made the mistake of trying to roll a blood elf on opening day of tbc. Never, EVER, again. There were 12 of us standing around the spawn point of the quest mob named npc in the arcane tower area at level 5. Everyone was spamming their fastest abilities hoping to be the one to tag the mob. Ugh.
    Actually, due to the way that Cross Realm Zones work, if an area is too full (IE-Launch Day) a new phase happens and they fill the new phase up with the overflow. It worked out very smoothly in the beta, which was surprising. You can party up with people from your friends list and you automatically all end up on the same phase.

Before someone asks me any question about this feature, I'm going to insist that one go and read up about it first. Especially if your question starts with the words "But what if ..." as the FAQ on the matter makes it pretty clear.

But, waiting might not be a bad plan either.
    Me? I've got 5 characters to level up and get Revered with at least one faction, with Karoht needing exalted with ALL the factions. I'm sure I can spare you some time at some point.

Protip, anyone who feels like posting up their Battletag, please do so under a spoiler. Less chance of a bot picking that up and spamming you later or trying to hack you.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Well that does sound interesting, but it still would be likely that I would be stuck with a dozen people or so all running the same quests as me. I HATE having to spawn race. I did too much of that sort of thing in everquest back in the day and I burnt out on it heavily. I am more likely to just log out if I see 2-3 other people killing the stuff I need for a quest than to fight over spawns.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1095

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well that does sound interesting, but it still would be likely that I would be stuck with a dozen people or so all running the same quests as me. I HATE having to spawn race. I did too much of that sort of thing in everquest back in the day and I burnt out on it heavily. I am more likely to just log out if I see 2-3 other people killing the stuff I need for a quest than to fight over spawns.
    The following is completely in jest and is not a personal jab at you:
    Person on Forums: "World of Warcraft doesn't feel like a world anymore, I never see other people."
    ~days later~
    OMG I saw other people in an MMO, I can't take this anymore /ragequit
    Bluetext for emphasis of it being not serious.

Also, some account security suggestions for everyone.
    If anyone gets hacked and does not heed this information, my only reply to you in future will be "Sir/Madam I am disappoint."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AuNCLJevhng
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-08-31 at 12:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if I remember correctly, they increased the spawn rates at the beginning of the expansions, to the point where we literally stood in one spot and killed the dude that replaced the one we just killed.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

17. - Top - End - #1097

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Well, if I remember correctly, they increased the spawn rates at the beginning of the expansions, to the point where we literally stood in one spot and killed the dude that replaced the one we just killed.
    Not quite. What they have done is make the spawn times dynamic so more people, quicker the times are. This is most evident at the start of the ex-pack cause we have a lot of people.

What I am NOT looking forward to is camping rare spawns with the cross-realms, cause I am not on that big of a server and its only going to get harder.
    Boo!

18. - Top - End - #1098

Hookay, so with a fully functional healbot I am completely kicking ass with this new stuff. Mushrooms are actually really fun, really easy to get a lot of healing with. The key I find is setting them up and then waiting for when you would actually need them. I could spam them like crazy and watch my overhealing shoot through the roof, but what point would there be in that?

In a given 10 second span you need to drop 3 Bloomshrooms, refresh Lifebloom, put Rejuvination on someone, Wild Growth, and Swiftmend/Efflorescence. It leaves you literally 3 seconds of time for some other effects, probably being a Regrowth and another Rejuv. It is possible to make a rotation out of that, and only break that rotation when something odd occurs. I haven't actually gone and dealt with Ultraxion yet, but in a fight like that, the above is probably going to be my rotation. This is literally the optimal AoE healing available, and will likely dominate on 10 man.
    Do I recommend it? Not entirely. Mostly because I find that rotations are bad, if you get off your rhythem it becomes a fight to get back onto it.

Also, if you want a really good dungeon to test yourself on, and all your new capabilities, I recommend Halls of Origination. Do all the bosses. There are opportunities there to kite, CC, test out your new DPS/Heals/Tanking stuff. I was CC'ing the snot out of things, Ursol's Vortex really helped kite and keep some loose mobs off the rest of the DPS and made it really easy for the tank to round them up. Oh, and for the record, Typhoon breaks roots, it did not break them before. Actually, Ursol's Vortex and Typhoon combo'd up amazingly for the first boss fight, with the snakes in the pit.

So Bear tanking and CC'ing on the pull. Spoilered for Length:
    Spoiler
    Show

Get the Glyph of Nature's Grasp. With it, you can CC 4 melee at once which is awesome.
    Entangling Roots a melee. Charge other melee with Nature's Grasp up. Melee hits, get rooted as well. Typhoon the Casters away from the melee pack, then Charge one to stun it, and begin standard caster tanking/interupting/lockdown at that point. You can do this without the melee pounding on you at once, a great technique for minimizing incoming damage from the trash pack.
    With the Glyph, Nature's Grasp is usable again in 30 seconds. In the event that those melee mobs break early (Entangling Roots normally lasts 1 minute) or you can go pull another pack and repeat the process.
    Nature's Grasp the melee, single out the caster with Typhoon, charge caster, lock down and focus down caster, kill melee at your leisure.

19. - Top - End - #1099

The following is completely in jest and is not a personal jab at you:
    Person on Forums: "World of Warcraft doesn't feel like a world anymore, I never see other people."
    ~days later~
    OMG I saw other people in an MMO, I can't take this anymore /ragequit
    Bluetext for emphasis of it being not serious.

Also, some account security suggestions for everyone.
    If anyone gets hacked and does not heed this information, my only reply to you in future will be "Sir/Madam I am disappoint."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AuNCLJevhng
    Yeah yeah, I know. I am an odd duck. I generally only like chatting with my guild and playing by myself. I am rarely in the mood for group content. But ah well, thats how I am. Ok, I have checked out a couple other of my classes and I have to say im surprised. My warrior seems to have functionally changed very very little. I am still able to fight the exact same way I always have. Charge, mortal strike, overpower, and victory rush for heals. Some stats may have changed, but the fundamental skills still exist and work great. Unlike my warlock who i swear feels more like a mage with a demon pet, or my hunter who no longer has to worry about range, my warrior I can just shrug and keep on playing like the patch never happened.

20. - Top - End - #1100

PirateCaptain

Blizzard screwed up DMF quests again

I was really looking forward to the 5 profession points for BS and LW to get over a hump so I don't need any more heavy leather and whatever my BS is on. Also, easy to get exp. Also I would have been able to finish up with DMF next month, with the last few pets I need.
    Boo!

21. - Top - End - #1101

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Blizzard screwed up DMF quests again

I was really looking forward to the 5 profession points for BS and LW to get over a hump so I don't need any more heavy leather and whatever my BS is on. Also, easy to get exp. Also I would have been able to finish up with DMF next month, with the last few pets I need.
    Darkmoon Faire quests?
    Is this recent as of the patch or something?

22. - Top - End - #1102

PirateCaptain

Darkmoon Faire quests?
    Is this recent as of the patch or something?

Yup, assuming they have not fxed it in the last 2-3 hours its broken.

Apparently it was like that in the Beta, the Darkmoon faire quests not resetting and they never fixed it
    Last edited by Dublock; 2012-09-02 at 12:54 PM.
    Boo!

23. - Top - End - #1103

Yup, assuming they have not fxed it in the last 2-3 hours its broken.

Apparently it was like that in the Beta, the Darkmoon faire quests not resetting and they never fixed it
    I'm testing this out as we speak.
    Toss in a bug report while I check it out could you?
    I saw something similar with some Firelands Dailies and it got fixed the next day due to bug reports.

24. - Top - End - #1104

PirateCaptain

I'm testing this out as we speak.
    Toss in a bug report while I check it out could you?
    I saw something similar with some Firelands Dailies and it got fixed the next day due to bug reports.
    I can and will, but people have been complaining about it since it hit 12:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489979044

So I assume they will know as soon as they open the bug reports.

But the problem is if they can reset it mid week why didn't they back when it happened before? Which leads me to the conclusion that holiday quests are different then normal daily quests that are harder to do. Futher supported by the true daily quests are still working (The game ones).
    Boo!

25. - Top - End - #1105

I can and will, but people have been complaining about it since it hit 12:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489979044

So I assume they will know as soon as they open the bug reports.

But the problem is if they can reset it mid week why didn't they back when it happened before? Which leads me to the conclusion that holiday quests are different then normal daily quests that are harder to do. Futher supported by the true daily quests are still working (The game ones).
    Well, it's working on my server. Just tested with two characters, both got skill ups, both got tickets. Odd.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

*Sigh*

I miss my totems. They were all… totemy and stuff. A fixed presence for my Shaman. Now I actually have to think about how I deploy them (Not that I didn't have to think before, but now I have to think about them differently)

27. - Top - End - #1107

PirateCaptain

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490559109

Yay! A hot fix for the quests!

Also I am leveling up a Shaman as well, mid 50s and I do miss the totems already, I went from 4, plus two CDs (Restro) to 2, and not really useful for dungeons.
    Boo!

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like Lore from Tankspot started doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything, or a Q&A) on Reddit an hour ago as of this posting. Figured some people might be interested.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-03 at 03:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Oooh, should be fun.

I might have to do one of those with my Livestream some time.

30. - Top - End - #1110

PirateCaptain

Dragon awards were awarded today, (a convention in GA) for online games and Blizzard won two.

Blizzard Entertainment received the award for “Best Community Management Team”. The highest honor, the individual “Community Manager of the Year” award was given to Jonathan Brown of Blizzard Entertainment, who is known as “Zarhym” to the World of Warcraft community.
    Link to the story: http://www.guildlaunch.com/blog/inde...slayer-awards/

I just wanted to let you guys know
    Boo!