New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

For anyone still working on Madness and Spine, head over to mmo-champion.com and they have some guides linked from the website manaflask.com
    They're class specific and very helpful.

Happy Valentines Day. May the loot gods grant thee thine Love Rocket.
    Seriously, not one comment on that picture? Dang.

We might be going into Firelands tonight to finish up our second staff, possibly get an achievement or two done, rather than trying to push progression tonight. Any of our raiders with any good sense should be doing real life stuff tonight, and we're near enough enforcing that.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-14 at 12:38 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Congrats on the Rocket, I got my Toxic Wasteling on the first try, and am currently saving for the Lovebird, even though it's ugly as sin.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    EDIT: I just learned that I can find out what recipes I'm missing on my armory page. There are a total of 201 recipes I could possibly have. Including Dirge's Chimaerok Chops which are no longer in game, Bread of the Dead that we can only get during Day of the Dead, and an Alliance only quest reward from Azuremyst Isle.
    That's a handy feature, I wish they'd clean it up though. Especially for tailoring, it shows a lot of recipes that don't actually exist in game. And for the record, I sit at 200 with that <bleeeeeeeeep>ing Chimaerok Chop recipe taunting me in the AH for more gold than I've ever seen at once I was in the process of leveling a horde alt for the Dig Rat Stew recipe (which used to be Horde only) when they made it purchasable for Alliance.

Okay, the Alliance only recipe is probably Roasted Moongraze Tenderloin. That quest is pretty early in the Draenei chain, I doubt it would take you half an hour to get a fresh Draenei through that quest. Only hard part would be getting to a neutral Auction House. Not sure what the quickest path there would be now.

You'd have to remember to do it on a player account other than the one buying it -- so you and Allara would essentially have to do the quest and then post the recipes for each other. You might want to post it off hours, as there are people who watch the neutral AH for stuff like that to snap it up (I've not run into that myself, but heard of it often enough to take precautions).
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-02-14 at 12:09 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yeah, that's the one. We'd go ahead and do it, but that'd still leave us at 199 after all is said and done.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. We'd go ahead and do it, but that'd still leave us at 199 after all is said and done.
    At least until Day of the Dead comes around again.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Congrats on the Rocket, I got my Toxic Wasteling on the first try, and am currently saving for the Lovebird, even though it's ugly as sin.
    First someone congratulates me on a staff we didn't have yet, now someone congratulates me on a mount I don't have and never claimed to have.
    Am I miscommunicating that much all of a sudden?
    Or are you guys just skimming my posts and saying 'yeah yeah, grats Karoht' in an obligatory sort of fashion?

@Recipies
    I'm at 200, Chimaerok Chops are all I'm missing. I'll only be miffed if the next achievement is for 250, and they only release 49 new recipies, but I doubt they would do that.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-14 at 12:37 PM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

The typo "my" instead of "may" could certainly lead to the current confusion. ;)
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #98

/facepalm
    I am the dumb.
    Still, no one has commented on the picture, begging the question if anyone actually saw it.
    Fixed BTW.

Although when you see "My the gods grant thee" my brain would read that as a well wishing or intention, not a lewt brag. Just saying.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Dunno, the combination of my and a special font just made my brain think you've got it. Congrats on that staff, though.

My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

10. - Top - End - #100

Congrats on that staff, though.
    Now you're just doing it on purpose =p

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Congrats on the porpoise. Is this a fishing mount?

Ok, yes, I'll stop.

12. - Top - End - #102

Congrats on the porpoise. Is this a fishing mount?
    Raaaaaaaage
    Rawr RawR RaWR RAWR RRAWRR!!! <---Imaginary Bloodlust

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose I should've written 'congratulations in advance on the staff' to be more specific

Anyway, I've taken a break from PvE content as the GM has assigned me the Essences of Destruction needed to make the tanking braces. I spent the morning farming the materials in Uldum (one of the few advantages of working freelance is that I can generally set my own timetable, meaning I can do this sort of thing during the low population hours). Then I saved myself a bunch of money by putting the ores and volatiles I had mined on the AH and buying the finished truegold and hardened elementium bars in stead. Now I just need to wait for the essences to come in off tomorrow's raid. Next week's VP cap will also give me enough VP to buy either the ring or the cloak. That means that after Wednesday, the only best in slot items left for my main spec will be the ring off the shared boss loot table, the chest token and the VP item I won't buy yet.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Karoht got a new staff? Congrats!

vanishes, hides

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought he got a new mount...
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, he's getting all kinds of new stuff!
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-02-14 at 08:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

I've read that too, yes. I don't know why he keeps announcing it and than reacts so strange when we congratulate him.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Must be a Canadian thing... ;)
    John Ling

19. - Top - End - #109

Right.
    Anyway, no one was on last night as expected. We told all our people that they should go do stuff with their signifigant others, for the good of the guild.
    We'll likely just farm this week, but I do hope we squeeze in some H Zonozz attempts.

And the 'lewt' was a picture of Karoht. *grumble*

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

I hope it wasn't lewd. YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Anyway, had we not cleard DS on Sunday, we'd have had a raid on Tuesday. And we have three couples in the Raid. To each their own, I guess.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So, updated MoP talent calculator is up. As always, everything is subject to change. They've explictly said hunters & shaman in particular aren't 'done'.

Mages? Blizzard has apparently remembered nobody does CC anymore and that tier got removed. Our new Level 90 tier is... um... pardon me while I quote Keanu Reeves for a moment.

Whoa.

Apparently they want our in-combat mana regen to matter again.

Druids? Blizzard is still on that "we think you need to be changing forms more often" drug at Level 90.

Paladins? I haven't done much more than smelting on mine in Cata but apparently one of their tiers is all AoE effects.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Our ten man raiding guild has finally earned a legendary staff! We'll probably need it for H Zon'ozz and H Ultraxion. We downed two heroic Firelands bosses for the first time, too (Domo and Rhyolith), as well as Beth and Shannox (Shannox being on farm, with Beth'tilac only dieing on heroic occaisionally). I guess this is what happens when we bring most of the main raid team to the previous tier, right?
    Since H Firelands drops about twice as many essences, and we were in need of a few extra heroic kills to get the staff this week, we went ahead and pushed for it (even if our rogue didn't make it in until Baleroc, leaving us only nine strong). It's a great upgrade for a long time officer... now we need to figure out a H Morchok strategy where he doesn't go to his resto druid alt to soak stomps and heal.

So, if you couldn't tell, I'm kind of excited about it. (My priest is about 2-3 bosses away from exalted with the Avengers of Hyjal, and needs to collect the Branch on the quest chain.) I fully expect H Ultraxxion to die this week, and we've got a decent shot at Zon'ozz, too, I think.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

23. - Top - End - #113
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

BTW, grats on the Heroic Madness of Deathwing kill, Karoht.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    BTW, grats on the Heroic Madness of Deathwing kill, Karoht.
    oooo kay. Now it's just getting weird.

Good news last night.
    Spent 2 pulls on heroic Yorsahj. Don't know what we did differently, but we got the bugger officially on farm status.

Bad news
    Spent the rest of the night on H Zonozz. Regular phase isn't killing us, though it is bloody hard to heal even with 3 healers. Dispelling the debuff isn't the problem. Black phase. Many tentacles, all spread out so we have to heal everyone spread out. As you kill tentacles, the raid damage goes down sharply which is the only saving grace, around 40K down to 16k in short order, but those first few ticks are just brutal. We aren't getting much uptime on the boss during the black phase though.
    We need to survive 3 black phases, then bloodlust and kill him on the 4th phase. We were pretty close to surviving the 3rd, which is actually quite a bit of progress. Apparently, if we get him below 50m health before 4th black phase, he'll die in that black phase when we pop 'lust and burn him.

Healing Cooldowns. My Tranquility only hits 3 people during black phase. My Tree Form does actually keep up with the damage rather well. Our Shaman's Life Link won't do us any good for Black phase.

And if we kill him tonight, it's on to H Hagara, who we were making very good progress on before. I think the difference of gear from then to now is really going to have an impact on that fight. And we have another range DPS which should help as well.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Okay, so more clarifications about the new trees. They've added Priests to the "these trees are still in heavy revision" list with Shaman & Rogues.

Just go here and read. Includes some updates on how that druid Symbiosis talent will work.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-02-16 at 12:06 PM.
    • Talk less; say more.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    Just go here and read. Includes some updates on how that druid Symbiosis talent will work.
    It made sense to me that Symbiosis wouldn't work on other druids. I'm still curious how the whole swap will work.
    Also, they improved on the Treants cooldown. It now does stuff dependant on spec, which might make it better than Treeform for a healing cooldown, if it does what I think it will do. And if it shoots stuff when you're a Moonkin, thats awesome. It's a bit like a Druid version of Mirror Image.
    As much as I enjoy the idea of Mushrooms healing things, I sincerely hope they put Efflorescence back on Swiftmend, or make that into a Glyph choice.

The one that has me interested is the new one where doing damage boosts healing and vice versa. As a healer that actually sounds fun. One Wrath bolt every 30 seconds for bonus healing? I can do that.
    If they want to work on the hybrid style talents, they are going the right way. Slight tweaks and they should be awesome. Even the Feral Hybrid stuff looks fun, it's totally going to boil down to implimentation.

@Mages
    Do you guys ever NOT have it rain candy and gold from the sky these days?

@Paladins
    You basically get Consecrate that does healing and DPS, or DPS and Healing. Awesome. You've been asking for this for how long? Grats.

@Deathknights
    So many excellent options in every tier of your talents. None that are gamebreaking or anything, but each one on each tier really does feel like a choice.

@Warriors
    I really really wish they would give something to Warriors to make them scale better, based on anything BUT the weapon in their hand. The new shouts look awesome, I could see a pair of warriors teaming up and using Piercing Shout to Snare and the other shout to turn it into a root. The amount of stuns and other lockdowns feels really appropriate for Warriors, and your survival is going up. It all sounds great on paper. Good luck.

@Talent Design
    Glyphs now boost abilities directly, Talents give you entire abilities, passives as part of your Specialization choice. Yes. Very much yes. And being able to swap those ability choices between pulls or to adapt to different strategies? I can not wait.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Yep, I think they are on a good path, and it seems that a lot of thought is going into the new talents. Hope it works out.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    And if it shoots stuff when you're a Moonkin, thats awesome. It's a bit like a Druid version of Mirror Image.
    And Balance Druids can just get the Mage version with Symbiosis, too!

Four Boomkin and a swarm of treants all blasting spells... ahhh, it's going to be glorious.

I'm really looking forward to playing around with the move. You'll actually be able to have moves to use in PvP that the enemy won't see coming. Getting Frost Nova'd by a Kitty? Surprise!

Feign Death never really works as more than a momentary delay for a Hunter because, well, everyone knows Hunters do that all the time, and his pet still up and about gives him away. Hopefully, however, it'll be a little while before people stop taking the Druid's death at face value all the time, and it could save a life or two. If it doesn't take you out of Cat Form automatically, you can write a macro to do so.

And Soul Swap... I don't know that move, but looking it up, it only shifts Shadow DoTs? If it stays like that, seems pretty useless. If it's expanded to all DoTs, hell yeah. Take all your bleeds back before the guy dies and apply 'em to the next enemy.

In case it's not clear, I'm really, really looking forward to Symbiosis. It's sounding like the coolest spell in the game.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-02-16 at 03:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

I was looking at a few other talents for druids. I think they're going to be back to pro-flag running in WSG.
    Break roots with shift + a free heal at the same time, a 20 yard leap with travel form every 15 seconds (or a leap attack in Cat every 15 seconds), Typoon or Mass Entanglement, they have a roar that snares as well. Meanwhile a second Druid can mass grip everyone off the flag runner with Ursoc's Grasp, also Typoon or Mass Entanglement, and can easily catch up with the flag runner right after that.

Oye. I see PvP Battlegrounds getting REAAAAAAALLY interesting. I'ma gonna have to start practicing I think.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Wooohooo!

Last night we got Share The Pain on Baleroc which got me the Over 9000 feat of strength!

Also, I think I've finally got people convinced that we actually can handle at least a couple of Firelands bosses on heroic mode. Hopefully this will speed our progression towards getting that darned legendary before it's useless. Not likely though.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!